Treasure mushroom in Bloodstone fen

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Unhygienix.2834

Unhygienix.2834

I have now killed the Treasure Mushroom in Bloodstone Fen three times and it has not dropped any item I need for the Specialization Collections. Does this mushroom not count towards it or is it a random drop?

Looking for Invisible Herald’s Mushroom Spore. I have tried to get one in another map to see if this works but I cannot find anyone to help me.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

AFAIK the BF TM doesn’t drop the spores.

Just go to the AB TM 15mins before the meta starts; plenty of people just hanging out that you can call on, and the mobs there aren’t too lethal.

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Well exploring BF doesn’t count for the collections either, so it’s not super surprising.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s possible that the TM in BSF also has a daily chance to drop the Invisible shoes, although that thing is so rare that I can’t be sure anyone’s actually gotten it from the TM in BSF yet.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If that’s the case, what’s the point of the Treasure Mushroom in Bloodstone Fen?

None, really. It’s just one more event, that doesn’t even give a champ bag.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

If that’s the case, what’s the point of the Treasure Mushroom in Bloodstone Fen? Some minor, extra loot that’s not much better than a generic mob makes little sense.

Edit: After some research, I’m reading other people confirming that the one in Bloodstone doesn’t drop the needed spores for any collection.

I figured it was a bug, but yeah, can confirm that I’ve never gotten a collection item from it.

Which means there’s no point in it being there. Treasure Mushrooms are mostly bothersome HP sponges that flail around into other mobs. Granted, the one in Fen is really easy to back into a corner, but it still takes minutes to kill for an insignificant speck of loot.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I have gotten a mushroom spore from that treasure mushroom. It’s possible, but there can easily be a bug related to it. I got the Daredevil spore.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver