Tribal Armor set in HoTs please Anet

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: jacim.5904

jacim.5904

Its been a long time since many of the player have been asking for this armor set to come back, are we getting it in HoTs?? This armor set dissapeared without warning and I never got the chance to get it.
Please Anet bring it back.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

They’re already said they intend to bring it and the other unavailable armors back, and padding out the anemic number of actual new armor sets in HoT would be a good place to do so.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

a long time? its been a few weeks.

also as someone who went through the trouble of grinding it out to get tribal
(there was plenty of warning before it was made unobtainable)
i really hope they don’t add it for a long while.

unobtainable, past rewards are a crucial part of MMOs it gives players something to work for that they know will have some prestigious value down the line,
GW2 is seriously lacking in these kind of rewards, and those few we do have constantly have people like you trying to get them re-added to the game…

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Ignore the guy above me lol, plenty of other Fashion Wars 2 players like to support our comrades in looking the best they can and seeing as it’s been so long since they took it away I see no reason not to bring it back for a little while.

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

a long time? its been a few weeks.

also as someone who went through the trouble of grinding it out to get tribal
(there was plenty of warning before it was made unobtainable)
i really hope they don’t add it for a long while.

unobtainable, past rewards are a crucial part of MMOs it gives players something to work for that they know will have some prestigious value down the line,
GW2 is seriously lacking in these kind of rewards, and those few we do have constantly have people like you trying to get them re-added to the game…

Few weeks? It has been locked since the huge pvp update which was a year ago or are you thinking of the tribal weapons?

Also there is nothing “prestigious” about the tribal armor nor was it ever part of an reward in the first place. The only way to had gotten it back then was using the PVP forge using certain ranked materials.

Beside the games has rewards anyway like getting a presucors or Tequatl horder or you mean earning the actual rewards and not gettting it via rng luck?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The longer it takes to come back the better. No point in using it when its not exclusive anymore.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Also there is nothing “prestigious” about the tribal armor nor was it ever part of an reward in the first place. The only way to had gotten it back then was using the PVP forge using certain ranked materials.

Getting to the rank where you could craft Tribal armor back when it was possible to get it was way way harder than you think. It was a time when all the rank points you got were basically just your personal score on match finish. If they bring back old PvP exclusive armor then they need to bring back all the old PvE exclusive items they’ve removed that are exceedingly rare as well and make them just as easy to get your hands on.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Yes please! I want me some light armor Tribal bangles.

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Getting to the rank where you could craft Tribal armor back when it was possible to get it was way way harder than you think. It was a time when all the rank points you got were basically just your personal score on match finish. If they bring back old PvP exclusive armor then they need to bring back all the old PvE exclusive items they’ve removed that are exceedingly rare as well and make them just as easy to get your hands on.

Things is, the old pvp system was there for a year and a bit? I know I was quite a noob back then since the game launch. Heck was Dulfy was created back then? I didn’t do much PVP back then and I do recalled looking at those armors but shrug it of. I only do pvp more thanks to the new pvp system.

Also yeah, I agreed that if Tribal is going to have a come back, so does the rest of the armors-
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_set#Unobtainable_armor

I don’t care what methods they used to bring it back (drop loots, pvp reward track, npc vender with token to buy it), I just actually want those armors to be achievable as in being able to get them ingame phyiscally and not being locked up for whatever reasons. I mean sure I can get why those exclusive Glorious armors only apply to the PVP winners who are the locked armors are suppose to be for? Everyone, everbody or a selective few?

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

The longer it takes to come back the better. No point in using it when its not exclusive anymore.

Lol, that’s completely ridiculous.

Instead of a walking trophy rack to try and impress people, why not make an actual nice look for your character instead? I mean, sure I could put on a Dragon Helm with Tequatl Holo Wings, an Apostle Robe and Heritage Chest or whatever – it would ‘show the world’ that I was there for two events, accidentally unlocked some old pvp stuff and own GW1 – but I’d look like an eyesore. I don’t understand this kind of thinking at all.

Posted by: Sizer.3987

Sizer.3987

Instead of a walking trophy rack to try and impress people, why not make an actual nice look for your character instead? I mean, sure I could put on a Dragon Helm with Tequatl Holo Wings, an Apostle Robe and Heritage Chest or whatever – it would ‘show the world’ that I was there for two events, accidentally unlocked some old pvp stuff and own GW1 – but I’d look like an eyesore. I don’t understand this kind of thinking at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

“Signs and symptoms[edit]
People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance. They have a sense of entitlement and demonstrate grandiosity in their beliefs and behavior. They have a strong need for admiration, but lack feelings of empathy.”

80 Mesmer – Yaks Bend

Gaebriel.3754

Whoops double post, didn’t know how to quote two users in the same one.

If they bring back old PvP exclusive armor then they need to bring back all the old PvE exclusive items they’ve removed that are exceedingly rare as well and make them just as easy to get your hands on.

I agree, I’m all for bringing old PvE only items to PvP as well. They already did something of that through an extent: for example, the Masquerade Armour wasn’t available in PvP before, and instead the Tribal Armour was incorrectly named as Masquerade Armour in the PvP locker. Nowadays, you can use it in PvP just fine. If I remember correctly, the same is true with legendary weapons. You couldn’t use their appearance in PvP back in the days.

I think there’s nothing wrong with stuff requiring either PvP or PvE to obtain. As long as it’s readily available, or at the least periodically available (such as Halloween themed items).

Gaebriel.3754

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

“Signs and symptoms[edit]
People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance. They have a sense of entitlement and demonstrate grandiosity in their beliefs and behavior. They have a strong need for admiration, but lack feelings of empathy.”

Waaaaitaminute here. I was firmly disagreeing with the players post and point of view there, but I was not trying to insult him/ her as a person. Don’t make it look like I was rude, please. :P

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Unless, you know, you like the skin for its own sake. I guess that’s a foreign concept to people like you, though.

If they bring back old PvP exclusive armor then they need to bring back all the old PvE exclusive items they’ve removed that are exceedingly rare as well and make them just as easy to get your hands on.

They did. Aside from one or two items that are inexplicably absent, and a few that are still buyable on the TP, almost all the old living story rewards are available from laurel vendors.

Aktium.9506

They did. Aside from one or two items that are inexplicably absent, and a few that are still buyable on the TP, almost all the old living story rewards are available from laurel vendors.

I am talking about rare items like the old Halloween ones that have only been available in a raffle since the original event. They make Tribal available again I want those items to be just as available. No less.

You couldn’t use their appearance in PvP back in the days.

You could use Tribal skins in PvP back then. Just the name and icons were wrong. The skins were still there.

Gaebriel.3754

You could use Tribal skins in PvP back then. Just the name and icons were wrong. The skins were still there.

I think you misread. My sentence referred to the actual Masquerade armour (the ball masque style armour), it wasn’t in the old PvP wardrobe but is usable now.

Due to the misnamed icons, its unavailability in the PvP wardrobe was clearly a mistake, just like the Tribal armour being unavailable in PvE back in the days. The Masquerade set is kinda the ‘counterpart’ to the Tribal armour in my argument for free availability. :P

Aktium.9506

I think you misread. My sentence referred to the actual Masquerade armour (the ball masque style armour), it wasn’t in the old PvP wardrobe but is usable now.

Due to the misnamed icons, its unavailability in the PvP wardrobe was clearly a mistake, just like the Tribal armour being unavailable in PvE back in the days. The Masquerade set is kinda the ‘counterpart’ to the Tribal armour in my argument for free availability. :P

There was always supposed to be PvP exclusive armors. Of course they mucked it up pretty royally by having there be 2 exclusive light ones and 1 medium with no exclusive heavy armor. But the idea was always there as intended. I would also like to add that a third or so of all the skins/icons in the old PvP wardrobe were broken in some way and that Tribal was in no way special in that regard. Underwater weapon names and icons were the worst. You’d have all those tridents with icons of harpoon guns and names of spears and similar things. Good times.

Malediktus.9250

Why should I not use the most rare and precious trophys I own? Only rare and exclusive items can make you look truly unique.

Liewec.2896

Why should I not use the most rare and precious trophys I own? Only rare and exclusive items can make you look truly unique.

haven’t you learnt by now? the GW2 community hate you having unique past rewards that they could’nt be bothered to earn or weren’t playing the game to earn.
screw the rewards you earned, they want them!

(edited by Liewec.2896)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Haven’t you heard? The GW2 community doesn’t want unique rewards in the game that are “rare”, “exclusive” and “precious”

Malediktus.9250

Haven’t you heard? The GW2 community doesn’t want unique rewards in the game that are “rare”, “exclusive” and “precious”

Probably the same people who vote for communist parties in real life

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

haven’t you learnt by now? the GW2 community hate you having unique past rewards that they could’nt be bothered to earn or weren’t playing the game to earn.

They didn’t earn kitten, they just got lucky with RNG when it was still available.

Liewec.2896

They didn’t earn kitten, they just got lucky with RNG when it was still available.

i keep seeing you folks say that, but you’re dead wrong, first you had to grind your way to rank 30 to earn the wolf tokens, then you had to use pvp mats to craft it in the mystic forge.
there was also warning before hand that it was getting removed which is why i crafted the full set.

side note, i think its really bad that alot of players in GW2 don’t recognise the value of limited time items in MMOs, imho they’re one of the best ways to add meaning to a character, GW2 is already lacking them, i grinded for the season 1 rewards only to be disappointed when they were added to the laurel vendor for a couple of gold…

but don’t worry, you nagging folks are getting pandered to…
they’ve already said that they will give you our unobtainable pvp rewards.
and with a jungle themed expansion coming i fully expect to disappointingly see my favourite pvp heirloom rewards sold en-mass by vendors for a couple of silver.

(edited by Liewec.2896)

Dinks.2478

i keep seeing you folks say that, but you’re dead wrong, first you had to grind your way to rank 30 to earn the wolf tokens, then you had to use pvp mats to craft it in the mystic forge.
there was also warning before hand that it was getting removed which is why i crafted the full set.

side note, i think its really bad that alot of players in GW2 don’t recognise the value of limited time items in MMOs, imho they’re one of the best ways to add meaning to a character, GW2 is already lacking them, i grinded for the season 1 rewards only to be disappointed when they were added to the laurel vendor for a couple of gold…

but don’t worry, you nagging folks are getting pandered to…
they’ve already said that they will give you our unobtainable pvp rewards.
and with a jungle themed expansion coming i fully expect to disappointingly see my favourite pvp heirloom rewards sold en-mass by vendors for a couple of silver.

No, it was RNG. You had to get lucky to get the correct parts from salvaging other items, you had to get lucky crafting it with those parts, and getting to rank 30 was easy. I should know I did it and I was very casual. More importantly there was no warning it was being removed. They said they were instituting the wardrobe and that PvE and PvE armor were being combined, the implication being that PvP armor would equally be available in PvE as well. Don’t act all high and mighty because you got lucky, and certainly don’t try to pretend you weren’t lucky either. Both are insults to the intelligence of yourself and everybody reading what you say.

Liewec.2896

You had to get lucky to get the correct parts from salvaging other items

1. you got TONS of mats, your inventory was full of them.

you had to get lucky crafting it with those parts

2. not really, i think it was a crit craft, but it wasn’t exactly random, you put the parts in and you got one of 2/3 armours, hardly RNG, 5 tries tops and you’d get the part you were crafting.

More importantly there was no warning it was being removed.

3. they gave months upon months of warning that the pvp vendors, pvp materials and pvp rewards were being removed, this armour was a pvp exclusive, how does that not translate to “this armour will be unobtainable” to you?

tldr:
it was crafted by those who wanted it, it was a pvp exclusive, you were given months upon months of warning before it was made unobtainable.

Posted by: Shogun.7401

Shogun.7401

I would love to see them back.

Gaebriel.3754

There was always supposed to be PvP exclusive armors. Of course they mucked it up pretty royally by having there be 2 exclusive light ones and 1 medium with no exclusive heavy armor. But the idea was always there as intended.

Nope. There is a heavy armour set, I believe it’s called Heavy Scale, that also was mistakenly exclusive to the PvP wardrobe. But you don’t hear anyone about that one, since it looks fairly similar to the low level PvE sets so there’s probably no ‘prestige’ attached to it.

The PvP exclusive rewards only came later with Glorious, the Balthazar backpack etc.

The fact that those random old sets didn’t transfer correctly with the merging of the locker into the wardrobe, doesn’t make them intended PvP exclusives. They have zero coherent theme to them, weren’t marked as PvP exclusives anywhere. Some of the ‘exclusive’ sets have random bits scattered around the Personal Story rewards. It’s clearly a bug.

Also in response to another post, I haven’t seen anyone in this thread asking the skins to be handed out freely or being ‘pandered to’, lol.

Aktium.9506

Nope. There is a heavy armour set, I believe it’s called Heavy Scale, that also was mistakenly exclusive to the PvP wardrobe. But you don’t hear anyone about that one, since it looks fairly similar to the low level PvE sets so there’s probably no ‘prestige’ attached to it.

I’ll give you this one, I had forgotten about this one until you mentioned it. I mainly only played my main Necro back then and I sort of just got all the skins by no-lifing PvP and the heavy one was just one of many heavy armor skins I unlocked for classes I didn’t play at the time.

The fact that those random old sets didn’t transfer correctly with the merging of the locker into the wardrobe, doesn’t make them intended PvP exclusives. They have zero coherent theme to them, weren’t marked as PvP exclusives anywhere. Some of the ‘exclusive’ sets have random bits scattered around the Personal Story rewards. It’s clearly a bug.

You know devs stated that they were exclusive on numerous occasions right? If anything parts of stalwart armor being obtainable in the PS is the real unintended bug.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Some of the ‘exclusive’ sets have random bits scattered around the Personal Story rewards. It’s clearly a bug.

As far as I know they “fixed” that with the leveling rewards revamp and you no longer get those pvp-exclusive skins.

Gaebriel.3754

Never saw that, did they state that they were intended exclusive PvP rewards? Since yes, the skins were exclusively available in PvP that’s true. But did they say it was by design or did you just assume it was? Since it seems unlikely to me that it was exclusive by design, there’s no theme to them. Like zero, they’re just random sets. I mean, compare it to say, the Glorious set or the Twilight Arbour dungeon set. Both are exclusive to certain content (the dungeon set is now as a reward track too, but started out as exclusive to the TA dungeon). Both sets have a common theme in their design that makes them recognizable as being from the content they are earnable from. Now those accidental ‘exclusive’ old PvP sets are just completely random sets. That’s why I don’t think it was intended.

Also PS wise you still get them. About two weeks back I saw the Apostle Coat (only piece from that set available in LS) and Commando thingy as rewards on some alts, so they weren’t removed.

Aktium.9506

Whenever the subject of the old PvP exclusive armors have come up and a dev has replied they’ve always talked about them as if they were intended. Of course they might very well be sets that were originally made for PvE but were shoehorned into PvP before launch because they either forgot to make PvP exclusive skins or didn’t have time to do it. Either way they have always been accepted as PvP exclusive items. And I do not blame Anet for any mistakes involving the old PvP wardrobe, because lets face it, it was a kittening mess at best. The majority of everything in it had different names and icons than their PvE counterparts.

Either way, exclusivity is a good thing and should be cherished. I will use the example of the Greatsaw and the Ghastly Grinning Shield as I always do. I really want that thing, but I have absolutely no right to have it. It’s the same with all old skins are that either unobtainable or incredibly expensive to attain. Their rarity shouldn’t be destroyed. If anything we need more items and skins like this that are only available a limited time and never again. It increases the uniqueness of players. And that’s a good thing.

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

I’m glad this armor set will be available in HoT.

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Exclusive rewards are fine but if they come back in the future that’s always good too.

I have some old items that aren’t obtainable anymore that I’d like to see come back so other people can enjoy them too. The only thing that shouldn’t be changed is how HoM skins work cause those are still obtainable if you go back and play GW1. The problem is items that are entirely unavailable, period. Tribal armor and various pieces from some other sets are unavailable. They ought to be re-added, but nobody is saying that they should be easy to obtain.

Besides, PvP has its own exclusive armor sets now.

Dinks.2478

2. not really, i think it was a crit craft, but it wasn’t exactly random, you put the parts in and you got one of 2/3 armours, hardly RNG, 5 tries tops and you’d get the part you were crafting.

3. they gave months upon months of warning that the pvp vendors, pvp materials and pvp rewards were being removed, this armour was a pvp exclusive, how does that not translate to “this armour will be unobtainable” to you?

tldr:
it was crafted by those who wanted it, it was a pvp exclusive, you were given months upon months of warning before it was made unobtainable.

You can pretend they gave a warning and that it wasn’t luck all you want but you’re still wrong.

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

we know its coming back, we just dont know when

The Tribal armor set and other armor sets that were sPvP-exclusive will be obtainable again at some point in the future. There is no ETA as to when this will happen.

and remember the tempest in the PoI video was wearing it, it might be a sign

Liewec.2896

tldr:

You can pretend they gave a warning and that it wasn’t luck all you want but you’re still wrong.

did you just go full kitten? how is it “pretending” if i just explained exactly how it was crafted and that there was plenty of warning that it wouldn’t be obtainable…

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’d just like to get back the Guild heavy armor boots I had before the wardrobe change over. They’re NOT the same as the banded boots.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Dinks.2478

tldr:

did you just go full kitten? how is it “pretending” if i just explained exactly how it was crafted and that there was plenty of warning that it wouldn’t be obtainable…

Because you’re WRONG. It was RNG both to get the materials and to get the right item when crafting. And there was exactly zero warnings or statement that tribal was going away. All they said was that they were combining the systems of PvE and PvP armor and that all the skins would be shared within the wardrobe.

Liewec.2896

tldr:

Because you’re WRONG. It was RNG both to get the materials and to get the right item when crafting. And there was exactly zero warnings or statement that tribal was going away. All they said was that they were combining the systems of PvE and PvP armor and that all the skins would be shared within the wardrobe.

one more time, and lets hope it sinks in…

the RNG factor was trivial, you had an outcome of either Tribal, or ONE other set.
its not like throwing thousands of mats into the mystic toilet and hoping for precursors, you put in the mats and got either tribal or the other set, thats hardly RNG.
as someone who crafted the whole set with relative ease i should know.
understand that? i hope so.

next “b..b.but i didn’t know it was going away!”
lets look at the facts:

1. it was a pvp exclusive set.

2. they gave you months of warning that pvp rewards were being removed from the game along with all pvp reward chests and all pvp materials used to craft pvp rewards.

they first waned you in december 2013

they then elaborated on it in February 2014 and they were crystal clear that all forms of pvp rewards were being removed.

they even warned you again in march

the patch didn’t come until late april 2015, you had close to half a year of warning.

it was made abundantly clear that pvp rewards would no longer be obtainable.

so please don’t come at me with that hilarious “YOURE WRONG” nonsense.

Gaebriel.3754

Those links are about the removal of Glory, PvP reward chests and the like, giving advance warning to spend your glory before the currency is removed.

It says absolutely nothing about PvP exclusive rewards. On the contrary, it explicitly mentions several times the elimination of the the distinction between PvE and PvP gear so people have the same access to looks no matter what aspect of the game they prefer. That’s entirely in line with people requesting the missing skins.

Liewec.2896

I’ll correct you one last time
it was pure RNG.

thats not correcting me, thats you continuously claiming that putting the mats in and having a 50% chance of getting exactly what you’re after is somehow unacceptable RNG.
you had a ton of mats and you consider a 50% chance as some impossible RNG barrier?

2. and i can’t believe you’re still not getting this.
IT WAS A PVP ONLY SKIN,
read it slowly, ONLY…OBTAINABLE…VIA…CRAFTING…IN…PVP.
read it afew more times…

“PvP crafting materials will be removed from the game, so be sure to craft anything you want before the April 15 update.”

shock horror, 4 months pass, pvp materials are removed and WOW you can’t get the armour that was only craftable with pvp materials, WOW!
noone would have saw that coming!

honestly i don’t believe you can be so…

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

I’ll correct you one last time
it was pure RNG.

thats not correcting me, thats you continuously claiming that putting the mats in and having a 50% chance of getting exactly what you’re after is somehow unacceptable RNG.
you had a ton of mats and you consider a 50% chance as some impossible RNG barrier?

2. and i can’t believe you’re still not getting this.
IT WAS A PVP ONLY SKIN,
read it slowly, ONLY…OBTAINABLE…VIA…CRAFTING…IN…PVP.
read it afew more times…

“PvP crafting materials will be removed from the game, so be sure to craft anything you want before the April 15 update.”

shock horror, 4 months pass, pvp materials are removed and WOW you can’t get the armour that was only craftable with pvp materials, WOW!
noone would have saw that coming!

honestly i don’t believe you can be so…

1) no, it was luck. Not just one type of luck but multiple levels of luck involving getting the correct mats and then getting the correct piece.

2) Also no, it WAS a PvP only skin, then they said that they were combining skins between the two game types, there was no warning that it would be going away. Don’t make kitten up, it is simply unjustified.

All in all, you’re wrong. and from what I’ve seen of this conversation you’re just afraid of no longer being a special snowflake. Maybe it is because you lack any real accomplishment or maybe you’re just that type of person who likes to flaunt what you have in the faces of people who don’t. Either way it isn’t the type of person this community needs or wants.

Liewec.2896

1) no, it was luck. Not just one type of luck but multiple levels of luck involving getting the correct mats and then getting the correct piece.

omg how can you people be so…
its mind numbing.
there was no luck in getting mats
if you pvped you’d know the sheer abundance of mats you had, after all there were only FOUR different mats, playing hours a day you got tons of them.
its not “getting lucky” when you have a 50% chance of getting EXACTLY what you were after, and an abundance of materials.

2) Also no, it WAS a PvP only skin, then they said that they were combining skins between the two game types, there was no warning that it would be going away. Don’t make kitten up, it is simply unjustified.

i made up nothing.
“PvP crafting materials will be removed from the game, so be sure to craft anything you want before the April 15 update.” Anet gave you months of warning that all pvp chests would no longer drop and all pvp crafting materials would be removed.
so how did you plan on crafting tribal once there were no pvp mats…

all i’ve done here are state the facts and link their quotes directly,
its you scrubs that are acting so entitled and making crap up.
because you couldn’t be bothered to craft the set when you had the chance.

Posted by: Moderator.3204

Moderator.3204

Since the discussion in this thread has derailed and is no longer constructive this thread is now closed.