Turn rewards on for beta testers

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

There may be a good reason why rewards and progression have been turned off, but it feels like a penalty to beta testing. Why can’t I keep track progress or PvP drops I would have got anyway from playing PvP in normal mode. I can understand not keeping drops from the new storyline area as there are new skins, or from the new map rewards, but not from PvP. It feels too much like a penalty to testing especially if you have been testing for a few days.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s part of the tech that lets us beta in live servers. They make a mirror account and limit it. If they had a stand alone beta server you wouldn’t be able to do the PvP stuff at all, at least not with the masses, so you’re actually getting more than you would in other game betas.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Easier to turn them off completely rather than decide what can and cannot be awarded to the non-beta account. Not to mention all of the possible bugs that could come as a result of that.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I’d like to have been able to pick a single skin unlocked during the beta to keep for my troubles. But that’s just me.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I can see the problems with having rewards carry over but I wish there were some solution.

For example, I do Teq every day to grind for my T6 mats. Since obviously I want to keep the mats from that it means switching over to a regular character. Which means no testing of the new stuff in a typical environment.