Two legends left for Rev, let's matchmake!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

So the Revenant was datamined to have 5 legends so far , and they are King Jalis, Mallyx, Ventari, Glint, and Shiro Tagachi. The first three of which, have now been announced.

It is also assumed that the Revenant’s elite spec will introduce a weapon and another legend, leaving the base Revenant to only choose from four. Which begs the question will the elite spec give you Shiro Tagachi or Glint.

Most people assumed Ventari would be the elite spec because of his heavy influence in the jungle, but that has turned out to be false. From a story perspective it would make sense for them to give you Glint in the elite spec because she currently has an egg that is a big plot point in the jungle.

From a introduce legend + weapon perspective, it would be easy to give Shiro Tagachi and then either dual daggers, or dual swords to the Revenant as Shiro had options for both weapons in GW1. I do believe dual swords has been datamined to be part of the Revenants kitten nal

Moving on, we also now know 3 legends and 3 roles they play:

Jalis – Tanky
Mallyx – Condition DPS
Ventari – Support
Shiro – ?
Glint – ?

Whichever base legend is introduced next, has to be the Power DPS legend. They would not force you into the elite spec to be able to do Power DPS as a Revenant. This makes me think that Glint will be the Power DPS, because Shiro doesn’t strike me as a Power dealer, he seems more like a condition stacking DPS’er, which would be strikingly different from Mallyx which plays a lot like the old dervish where you can do damage by stripping the target of the conditions that you have put on him. They are also getting rid of stack limits on enemies which would let the Revenant dip into that a bit when the expac launches.

So to me, all signs point to Shiro being the elite spec legend. From logical weapon additions for the elite spec, to what role the elite spec would have, and giving a different “form” of condition DPS.

Final Prediction:
Jalis – Tanky
Mallyx – Condition DPS (Stripping)
Ventari – Support
Glint – Power DPS
ELITE – Shiro Tagachi – Condition DPS (Stacking) + adding dual daggers or dual swords

what do you guys think?

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Data mined info showed Revy may get Sword (main) and Sword( off-hand)

I’m going to guess the Sword/sword combo is for Shiro Tagachi legend due to his history with having two swords.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

Data mined info showed Revy may get Sword (main), Sword( off-hand), and Dagger (Off-hand)

I’m going to guess the Sword/sword and sword/dagger combo is for Shiro Tagachi legend due to his history with having two swords/two long daggers.

There’s also been some datamining around how revenants also get a shield, which actually would have fit quite well with ventari to be honest.

Back to the topic at hand, i believe it will be shiro that gets the dps role. the archetypal assassin is all about damage and shiro was just a flurry of blades from what i’ve read about him.

However, its been datamined that the elite for shiro is an aoe stun called “jade wind” in this reddit thread, provided with a render shot of jade shards. so there is a possibility of shiro being the elite.

However, there is some credence to glint being the dps elite, considering that it’s glint egg that has the power to stop mordremoth and possibly the other dragons as well. Plus honestly it would be weird if that image of glint raining her breath down on enemies blow as an elite would be anything but huge amounts of damage. however it’s possible it has like a launch, knockdown or push effect alongside with or having other conditions (perhaps chill to represent her crystalline abilities? maybe slow?) So it might be glints magic as a whole that does the most damage to the elder dragons and their minions.

could go either way, though my money is on shiro being dps with glint as the elite, even though i wish the vice versa were true.

Jordo.5913

You mentioning the trailer with glint left me thinking…we did see a LOT of elite specs in that trailer. Glint was shown, not Shiro, so +1 for Glint possibly being the elite.

I still don’t like Shiro as the Power DPS. A dragon seems like it would fit better, but if that means Glint will be an even more powerful version of Power DPS, so be it.

EdwinLi.1284

Depends on what they have planned for Elite since so far Elite either help fill in a spot the profession is lacking (either melee or range combat styles) or expands on their abilities by introducing new mechanics.

With Revy lacking in Range Combat, with only Hammer as a Range Weapon and also designed to be the Tank Weapon, they may have Glint, or a Legend they yet to reveal, as 1st Specialization and give Revy a 2nd Range Weapon to cover this weakness of Revy focusing too much in Melee Combat.

Jordo.5913

Depends on what they have planned for Elite since so far Elite either help fill in a spot the profession is lacking (either melee or range combat styles) or expands on their abilities by introducing new mechanics.

With Revy lacking in Range Combat, with only Hammer as a Range Weapon and also designed to be the Tank Weapon, they may have Glint as 1st Specialization and give Revy a 2nd Range Weapon to cover this weakness of Revy focusing too much in Melee Combat.

This is true, the Rev doesnt really have rqnged option though it is widely assumed they are getting Shortbow because of the concept art on the official HoT webpage.

A ranged damage dealing legend wouldnt be bad either, perhaps shiro is melee power focused, and glint is ranged power focused.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Shiro seems like it will be more Power-based to me. Swords have been datamined already and their skills have been changed to be pure power rather than a hybrid. I can see those weapons being a perfect fit for a Shiro legend. They seem to like putting a weaponset to a legend (Jalis – Hammer, Mallyx – M/A, Ventari – Staff).

I would guess Glint is the elite, purely because the elite specs seem to have lore reasons attached to them. Revenants might want to contact Glint for better insight about dragons to help tackle Mordremoth.

As for what Glint actually is, I’m guessing lots of area denial and crowd control with large mobility. Crystal walls and eruptions, large leaps to avoid attacks, things like that. Would go well with a ranged weapon.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Jalis – Tanky – Staff – shield
Mallyx – Condition DPS – Mace/Axe
Ventari – Support – Staff -shield
Shiro – Melee DPS -Sword(MH) – Sword(OH) – Axe
Glint – Caster Ranged DPS – Hammer

(edited by Knighthonor.4061)

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

IIRC a Sword and a dagger with Shiro’s sword skin was datamined a while back.
Now I don’t remember if it was only a sword and not a dagger,but this pretty much confirms Revenants will use one handed sword (and maybe dagger)

Found it:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/gw2-hot-weapons.jpg

I think they will use Sword (main) and dagger (off hand) instead of sword (main/off hand) so they can say revenant uses more weapons AND they would still look like Shiro because of double katanas

EdwinLi.1284

The sword/sword comes from the recent updated datamined when they changed the staff skills.

It appears dagger (offhand) may have been replaced by sword (Offhand) which would fit shiro more considering he was know to wield two swords.

http://i.imgur.com/wP1UXvH.jpg

Posted by: Pyro.4765

Pyro.4765

I kind of want to pair Shiro with Mallyx and Tormented gear for an Abaddon theme, though I doubt it’ll be viable.

Jordo.5913

Shiro and Mallyx would be a Dmg heavy build for sure, you would have to run something like Sinister stats though

Power
Precision
Condi Dmg

yeah Shiro was known to use 2 swords, but also had 2 dagger skins you could choose from

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

Will Glint rly be a legend?
I doubt it

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Will Glint rly be a legend?
I doubt it

The same guy who datamined Ventari a long time ago also datamined Glint and Shiro. Besides, both in the HoT trailer and in the recent beta Rytlock was seen channeling a dragon. You can doubt all you want but the evidence shows you are probably wrong.

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I feel like Glint will be the Elite Spec. Revenant will probably get four Legends to correspond with four trait lines and one miscellaneous trait line[Invocation] which deals with Legends in general and Energy in general. Think like Elementalist, four corresponding trait lines and one general one. Thus, Glint is more likely an Elite Spec than anything else.

For roleplayers or lore fiends out there, you can now think of Kasmeer’s saying “What’s that new magic?” to Rytlock in the beta as wondering about the Glint Legend specifically rather than Revenant magic.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

I feel like Glint will be the Elite Spec. Revenant will probably get four Legends to correspond with four trait lines and one miscellaneous trait line[Invocation] which deals with Legends in general and Energy in general. Think like Elementalist, four corresponding trait lines and one general one. Thus, Glint is more likely an Elite Spec than anything else.

For roleplayers or lore fiends out there, you can now think of Kasmeer’s saying “What’s that new magic?” to Rytlock in the beta as wondering about the Glint Legend specifically rather than Revenant magic.

I used to think this too, but Invocation actually has a LOT to do with healing and general party support. I would not at all be surprised if Ventari is Invocation’s “legend”. That does not mean that there won’t be a generic trait line, but if there is, it’s probably not Invocation.

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I used to think this too, but Invocation actually has a LOT to do with healing and general party support. I would not at all be surprised if Ventari is Invocation’s “legend”. That does not mean that there won’t be a generic trait line, but if there is, it’s probably not Invocation.

Not a lot, it just has some orbs that heal yourself when swapping legends. Ventari is apparently full support-based, and I see a lot of offensive and self-centered traits in Invocation. It does have some healing aspect, such as Equilibrium+Shrouding Mists, but it has a lot to do with fury/crit and self-sustain as well[thus more of a rounded trait line]. Therefore, it seems as if Ventari will have his own line that likely ups his Tablet’s abilities and is more purely centric on support. Also the nature of the traits would be contradictory to supporting Ventari’s support-play, the minors and some majors benefitting from swapping in and out of Legends which makes no sense in regards to Ventari specifically as swapping means killing the Tablet.

And so I conclude that Invocation is likely the generic line.

(edited by Dondagora.9645)

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

Glint is cleary the elite, kinda fita the GW2 going on theme about slaying dragons and stuff.
See Dragonhunter for more detail

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

What if ..

There are more (either now or later) legends? Just like you pick weapons, traits, skills, etc before battle you would decide which ones were the best fit for the scenario and mode of the game.

I do like that they are mixing it up with what we are seeing and hope that continues. I would love to see characters from lore like Jora on the list of possibilities.

Why not even give us Tybalt and the other 2 contacts from the PS as options just for fun?

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Why not even give us Tybalt and the other 2 contacts from the PS as options just for fun?

Tybalt Heal skill: Eat an Apple: Recover 10,000 HP and gain 120 seconds of every boon
Utility: Throw an Apple at your enemy’s face, dealing 60,000 damage
Elite: Summon an apple tree to rain appley death upon your foes.

So OP. I don’t think we can handle Tybalt’s legend.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Not a lot, it just has some orbs that heal yourself when swapping legends. Ventari is apparently full support-based, and I see a lot of offensive and self-centered traits in Invocation. It does have some healing aspect, such as Equilibrium+Shrouding Mists, but it has a lot to do with fury/crit and self-sustain as well[thus more of a rounded trait line]. Therefore, it seems as if Ventari will have his own line that likely ups his Tablet’s abilities and is more purely centric on support. Also the nature of the traits would be contradictory to supporting Ventari’s support-play, the minors and some majors benefitting from swapping in and out of Legends which makes no sense in regards to Ventari specifically as swapping means killing the Tablet.

And so I conclude that Invocation is likely the generic line.

I’m not saying you’re wrong (we’ll find out in an hour or so), but right now I don’t think I can agree with you for a couple of reasons:

Ventari’s traitline doesn’t have to have anything to do with the tablet, since, for example, Jalis’ obvious traitline (Retribution) has nothing to do with his utility skills. There’s a lot within Retribution that indicates it’s a good traitline to take for survivability, but none of his skill types are represented. Mallyx does have one trait (maybe two) called Demonic Defiance that does influence your decision to take Mallyx as opposed to others, but it’s not a minor trait so it can be opted out of taking.

Second, Ventari’s traitline is the support and healing line, for sure. Invocations 3 minors are synergistic in that healing orbs are absorbed upon changing to a legend, providing a heal, and you also get a stunbreak. That in and of itself is not indicative, but look at the rest:

II Cleansing Channel – Invoking a legend cures a condition
III Fierce Infusion – Healing skills grant fury
IV Equilibrium – Heal allies if energy below X, damage enemies if energy above X
V Invigorating Howl – Heal yourself on skill use with energy cost
IX Shrouding Mists – Increased healing if energy above X, reduced damage taken if energy below X

These abilities seem to be built around a pretty selfish individual, but one who has the ability to heal and survive. Ventari, as I have been learning lately, can be viewed as being extremely selfish for his overly pacifistic ideals to the point where he won’t even save his home from being destroyed just because he won’t raise a weapon. There’s quite a lot about healing or condition cleansing in this line, ~8 traits in total, and if he’s our healing legend then I couldn’t see a better line for it.

Are they going to have two lines with this much dedicated to healing? Like I said, you might not be wrong, but I just bring this up because it feels somewhat out of place…Additionally, if Ventari isn’t this line’s legend, does that mean Invocation is a “must get” line? It would feel like we must take this one because of its legend swapping bonuses. Then again, until the other two are revealed this can’t be stated for certain.

Turns out you were right. Salvation is the name of the Ventari traitline. I’ll revert back to my original ascertain that Glint is probably the elite spec.

(edited by MiniEquine.6014)

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Everyone knows the elite legend will be Rurik. Weapons are sword and shield, but all his weapon and utility skills are the same: you just taunt yourself to charge at the enemy and flail ineffectively like a muppet. The unique sword skin is Sohothin with a cork on the end of it so he doesn’t hurt himself. When you inevitably die while in Legendary Prince Stance, your corpse rises up to defend the enemy against your allies.

Totally OP, and I can’t wait to use it.

I should be writing.

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I believe datamining revealed the shield (offhand) for Glint.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Knighthonor.4061

I believe datamining revealed the shield (offhand) for Glint.

Source?

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Salvation is so heavily Ventari that is stands to believe each trait line is themed with a legend in mind. Roy pretty much said “The trait line for this legend…” So I believe we’re still missing 1 core legend (besides Shiro, as Glint is likely Elite).

Knighthonor.4061

Salvation is so heavily Ventari that is stands to believe each trait line is themed with a legend in mind. Roy pretty much said “The trait line for this legend…” So I believe we’re still missing 1 core legend (besides Shiro, as Glint is likely Elite).

So if Glint is an elite, that means Revs only get 20 utilities which is what vanilla classes get baseline.

Also what weapon would they get?

Because Mesmers already got shield. And Eles got Swords. So those have to be baseline Rev weapons.

I guess I may been right about Dagger as a Elite Spec weapon for rituals.
Torch could also work I guess. But scepter would be best since they lack ranged combat.

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

So if Glint is an elite, that means Revs only get 20 utilities which is what vanilla classes get baseline.

For some reason they dindt showed us 4th skill. It might come or not. As it stands now we have to think that each legend brings him 3 utilities. If he has olny 4 base legends that means 12 utilities. A poor joke tbh. That said power line may end up fitting both Shiro and Glint considering the fact that Glint elite looks like a burst move.

obey me

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

the revenant’s elite specialisation weapon is not know yet. we do have some datamined weapons but i do not believe that any of those is the elite weapon. the reason behind this is simple: there have not been any datamined elite weapons yet (no, ele datamines are dagger auto attack chains and not sword skills).

what could revenant get? a medium range weapon like shortbow. the possibilities are high because no class is yet getting a short bow for their elite and there is currently no heavy armor class with a shortbow.

i also don’t think that glinth will be the elite specialisation because of the same reason as above, no datamines about elites. we don’t even know if it will be a legend or just a change of the mechanics that lets you use your legends in a different way.

ofc i could just be all wrong, guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

If Glint is the elite spec, my guess the spec would be called the Zephyrite or something glinty, with a focus of mobility, (bouncing around with the aspect skills and such).

and if shiro,…..the bodyguard :P

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

shiro will be the power dps legend

glint will be legend that alters class mechanic (hopefully to allow more customization of skills…anew set of skills that can be mixed into any other legend’s utility skill bar)

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I think Glint will be an CC/offensive support legend. If Ventari is all about keeping your friends alive, Glint will be about guiding your allies to kicking tail. I expect to see some CC, maybe something that punishes attackers and probably a party might/fury boon or two.

IMO It would fit with her role way back in GW1, guiding you to complete the Flameseeker Prophecies to kill Vizier Khilbron and cause the massive clusterkitten that effectively wiped out the Mursaat and Titans (at least, the Titans once the charr figured out they’d been duped into worshiping the not-so-almighty minions of a human god) So now you, channeling Glint, can do the same, setting up your enemies so you and your allies can more quickly bring about their downfall.

(edited by Foefaller.1082)

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

The thief has some skills which influence initiative regeneration. I think it would be cool to have a legend that focused on energy manipulation. E.g., maybe it could have a channeled skill that increased your energy regen rate while channeling. We’ve seen energy upkeep skills that slow your energy regen, but what about something that speeds it up? The other utilities for this legend could be made very potent but have high energy cost, rewarding you for finding the right time to channel for extra energy to cast them. I didn’t play GW1, so I have no idea if this fits Glint or not.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

Knighthonor.4061

I believe Glint will be ranged damage focused. Many people keep linking Hammer to Retribution. But there really isnt any Hammer traits in that specialization.

Hammer is ranged DPS and protection weapon. and none of the current revealed legends fit that play style yet.

Take a look at the Specializations and Skills for weapons and Legends.
http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgYEqAKoA6g~

Only Salvation tree has Staff traits.. its the only Trait line so far with Weapon Traits. Ret does not have hammer traits.

(edited by Knighthonor.4061)

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Didn’t read any of this thread…only the OP
Here are my uneducated thoughts:
Shiro: soft cc & sustianed dps
Glint: Burst

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Shiro is almost definitely power dps because he was all about dealing massive damage. Look at his signature skill: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Impossible_Odds
A variant of this would most likely be his elite. I would love it if they named one of his utilities “Beware the Harvest Ceremony,” or if they had that phrase echoing in the background while in Shiro mode.
Glint could very well be tacked onto the energy management line as an energy management legend. So, if you ran Glint + Shiro, Shiro might quickly burn all of your energy and Glint might help you quickly gain it back.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Shiro doesn’t strike me as a Power dealer, he seems more like a condition stacking DPS’er

Whaaaaa-woah-what? Not a power dealer? Shiro? We talkin’ about the same Shiro? Like, the guy that would slice you up and heal himself based on damage taken? The guy that would double-hit and do crazy aoe damage with the potential to wipe an entire party? That Shiro?
I mean, sure, it could be anything for what we know – for example it could do aoe bleed damage, but… no. I don’t think so.
IF they make it condi or some stupid, cc hybrid spec, they’ll really drop the ball and not represent our lord Shiro at all.

By the way: ms. Glint was http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Glint doing a lot of damage, sure, but she was mostly a controller with heavy debuffing and self-buffs. Not sure if that would clash with Jalis. I don’t think so but we’ll see.

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Shiro indeed looks great. His fighting style at least from this trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HED8z-LurqM

Im curious what color theme he will bring

Ventari – green
Jalis – dark blue
Mallyx – purple

Would be nice to get red.

Glint = mesmer? <A question to gw1 folks.

obey me

deSade.9437

Shiro indeed looks great. His fighting style at least from this trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HED8z-LurqM

Im curious what color theme he will bring

Ventari – green
Jalis – dark blue
Mallyx – purple

Would be nice to get red.

Glint = mesmer? <A question to gw1 folks.

It was… close. Her skills were monster skills, tho. She was indeed a mage-type of caster..

I suppose Shiro could do with a orange-red kind of aura. It’d fit his animations and clothes.

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Shiro = single target burst, mobility (teleports)

Glint = AoE/CC

These are the only things left as we already have 1 condi (Mallyx), 1 heal/support (Ventari) and 1 tank/support (Jalis).

(edited by witcher.3197)

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Shiro = single target burst, mobility (teleports)

Glint = AoE/CC

Thes eare the only things left as we already have 1 condi (Mallyx), 1 heal/support (Ventari) and 1 tank/support (Jalis).

This seems the most likely.

Posted by: Klowde.9876

Klowde.9876

I think glint will be the elite spec, with sword being the weapon. Why? Rytlock uses an ability that takes the form of a dragon in one of the cutscenes, and he uses a sword. necromancer npcs got great sword. Revenant npc is using glint and has a sword. At least that’s what I’m thinking. Aoe damage and cc.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Shiro will be DPS with Sword

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Shiro doesn’t strike me as a Power dealer, he seems more like a condition stacking DPS’er

Whaaaaa-woah-what? Not a power dealer? Shiro? We talkin’ about the same Shiro? Like, the guy that would slice you up and heal himself based on damage taken? The guy that would double-hit and do crazy aoe damage with the potential to wipe an entire party? That Shiro?

The Shiro that would kill himself with a single well-timed application of Empathy or Pain Inverter? Yeah, That Shiro

(For those who didn’t play GW1, think Confuse, only awesome, and that’s basically what those skills were)

Anyway, if the legends are getting sound bites, does that mean the guy who did Shiro’s VO in Factions is coming back? I’m kind torn at the possibility of him reprising the role. One one hand, it was kinda bad. On the other hand, it was hilariously bad.

deSade.9437

Confusion? Pfff, think 100%+ of the damage…. reverted.
And SV op.
And NO THANKS, no ridiculous rambling about how he’s gonna kill all of us and make us die screaming. You keep it.