Tyria Masteries (Pact Commander)

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I’m a bit disappointed this mastery line (specifically Pact Commander) wasn’t made available to all accounts that have purchased the base game, especially since this mastery can only be achieved in the base game. What I see from this, is despite buying base game, ur being excluded from base game progression unless u buy HoT.

I would really like Anet to change this and allow non HoT gw2 owners at least get this mastery. After all, every one of us that have finished the Personal Story ARE Pact Commanders and deserve this mastery. C’mon Anet do the right thing!

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

The pact commander line is all convenience, it isnt needed at all to play the game. Besides, the tag you get titles you a Mentor. If you want to be a Commander, you are able to purchase a commander tag without HoT (just like most of us did 2+ years ago).

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

The pact commander line is all convenience, it isnt needed at all to play the game. Besides, the tag you get titles you a Mentor. If you want to be a Commander, you are able to purchase a commander tag without HoT (just like most of us did 2+ years ago).

The OP doesn’t mention the mentor tag and that may not be their reason for wanting the mastery, as it wasn’t mine. The mastery also provides greater speed in cities, faster revive, access to new merchants and – my favourite – the option for loot to be automatically picked up. I was disappointed in this mastery too, but only because the auto-loot should have been first tier and mentor should have been last.

I can understand the OP’s point here. They’re in central tyria. These are central tyrian masteries. They’re a pact commander. The mastery is called pact commander. It would seem logical to have it available to players of the core game. But realistically, the masteries are a new tech which probably took a lot of development and they want to recoup their costs by having people buy the expansion.

Tiger Ashante.1792

The OP doesn’t mention the mentor tag and that may not be their reason for wanting the mastery, as it wasn’t mine. The mastery also provides greater speed in cities, faster revive, access to new merchants and – my favourite – the option for loot to be automatically picked up. I was disappointed in this mastery too, but only because the auto-loot should have been first tier and mentor should have been last.

I can understand the OP’s point here. They’re in central tyria. These are central tyrian masteries. They’re a pact commander. The mastery is called pact commander. It would seem logical to have it available to players of the core game. But realistically, the masteries are a new tech which probably took a lot of development and they want to recoup their costs by having people buy the expansion.

Yes you are right about my intent of the thread. I have in fact bought HoT (the $100 version on my main account and spent 100’s of $$$ in the gems store since) but i also bought a 2nd acct b4 the game went f2p. I have now maxed out Pact Commander on my main acct and am still getting used to not having to hit that bound key to auto loot. In fact i do it often still as i only got this maxed out a couple of days ago. It’s kinda funny hitting that key and getting nothing, then i realise why. My problem now is when i switch to my 2nd acct, i do the opposite, i forget to hit the bound key to auto loot and often miss out on stuff.

Aside from that, my 2nd acct never got any perks for purchasing the game, as all others did. I got my 2nd acct after the Hot announcement and i guess i didn’t qualify as a “veteran” player but this mastery would at least compensate a bit and just allow people in my situation to play both of their accts with some consistency and with less confusion.

And btw, i do have a commander badge on my main acct, its not about badge at all. In fact, i don’t even like the mentor badge much, imo its too big, but i do like the other perks and besides, i think it’s appropriate and only fair that all those who bought the game and particularly finished the PS should get this mastery. Perhaps it can only be unlocked after u finish the PS? Either way i would really like to see this change.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Yes you are right about my intent of the thread. I have in fact bought HoT (the $100 version on my main account and spent 100’s of $$$ in the gems store since) but i also bought a 2nd acct b4 the game went f2p. I have now maxed out Pact Commander on my main acct and am still getting used to not having to hit that bound key to auto loot. In fact i do it often still as i only got this maxed out a couple of days ago. It’s kinda funny hitting that key and getting nothing, then i realise why. My problem now is when i switch to my 2nd acct, i do the opposite, i forget to hit the bound key to auto loot and often miss out on stuff.

Aside from that, my 2nd acct never got any perks for purchasing the game, as all others did. I got my 2nd acct after the Hot announcement and i guess i didn’t qualify as a “veteran” player but this mastery would at least compensate a bit and just allow people in my situation to play both of their accts with some consistency and with less confusion.

And btw, i do have a commander badge on my main acct, its not about badge at all. In fact, i don’t even like the mentor badge much, imo its too big, but i do like the other perks and besides, i think it’s appropriate and only fair that all those who bought the game and particularly finished the PS should get this mastery. Perhaps it can only be unlocked after u finish the PS? Either way i would really like to see this change.

Your 2nd account gets daily laurels does it not?

That is a perk compared to f2p is it not?

The rest of the benefits normal accounts have vs f2p are listed here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account

Some worth of note are:

- less character slots
- less bag slots
- no sending of coin or items
- limited traiding post access

and more restrictions on f2p accounts.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

The only thing I really want is auto-looting.

Tiger Ashante.1792

The rest of the benefits normal accounts have vs f2p are listed here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account

Some worth of note are:

- less character slots
- less bag slots

Are u saying f2p accts don’t get laurels? What’s that got to do with it anyway? I bought the game and it don’t make sense HoT players only got this perk, when it’s earned in core game and mostly only usable in core game, beside the auto loot and mentor badge, so why shouldn’t we get it? I’m not debating f2p v b2p, it just don’t make sense excluding gw2 players who have bought the game and supported the company for many years.

Despite my 2nd acct being bought this year, i’ve been playing the game since head start and have sunk many $$$ into the game aside from buying the game and expac and i have spent lots of money on the gem store upgrading to my 2nd acct and i now wonder why really. their progress has come to a dead end.

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

The only thing I really want is auto-looting.

Yes, it’s a wonderful addition.

And I agree with this topic: It’s a central mastery so it shouldn’t be tied to the expansion.

The mastery system in general, whilst great in theory, really only feels in implementation that it’s been half developed. Hopefully with time there will significantly more polish.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Some worth of note are:

- less character slots
- less bag slots

Are u saying f2p accts don’t get laurels? What’s that got to do with it anyway? I bought the game and it don’t make sense HoT players only got this perk, when it’s earned in core game and mostly only usable in core game, beside the auto loot and mentor badge, so why shouldn’t we get it? I’m not debating f2p v b2p, it just don’t make sense excluding gw2 players who have bought the game and supported the company for many years.

Aside from that, my 2nd acct never got any perks for purchasing the game, as all others did.

You were complaining that your account which you bought pre HoT does not enjoy any perks compared to f2p accounts. I merely corrected your statement.

And yes, f2p accounts get no daily rewards to which laurels are tied to.

It makes absolute sense to keep masteries tied to HoT even if they are refering to the base game content. Even story wise it makes sense. You aren’t the pact commader in the vanilla game, Trahearne is. You are his second in command. Not going to get into HoT story details.

Despite my 2nd acct being bought this year, i’ve been playing the game since head start and have sunk many $$$ into the game aside from buying the game and expac and i have spent lots of money on the gem store upgrading to my 2nd acct and i now wonder why really. their progress has come to a dead end.

Wonderful, and I’m sure you got everything you purchased in a timely fashion on your main or twink account when you spent those $$$. If anything has not yet been delivered or you were deprived of, make sure to contact customer support. How does this entitle you to free HoT content though I don’t understand?

PS. since you didn’t mention when you purchased your 2nd account I’m going to assume you payed the full price. I’m not going to assume you used one of the many 75% off discounts where the game was barely worth more than 10,- $. Either way, your investment must have paid off in login laurels alone by now on your second account, so there is that.