Tyria Mastery - After last mastery pt RESET

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Ok, what is wrong with the program and what do I need to do to get this straightened out?

I did the goggles mastery as my last mastery point for my Pact Commander mastery – then I finally get that last mastery point and the Tyria mastery for resets to THREE “needed” and now it won’t allow me to do a thing in Pact Commander mastery at all – forcing me to be in the only one not completed now, fractals.

Attachments:

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

Services>Support. make a ticket.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Your screen looks normal to me. You need 8 Mastery points to learn the Advanced Logistics in Pact commander, and you only have 5 available Tyria mastery points to spend. So you need to get 3 more points in Tyria.
It’s Learning Fractal mastery now because that’s all that’s left, you wont lose the experience progression in the Pact commander line if you can’t spend the points on it yet.

Kitten.

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Did you confuse the fractal mastery which requires 5 for the pact one which requires 8?

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

What he got confused was the progress showing 4/5 which refers to 4 out of 5 masteries unlocked.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You need 3 more Mastery Points to complete (attain) the last Pact Commander Mastery ability (5/5). You have gained all the XP for that line that is needed. Now, XP is going to your Fractal Mastery line, so it won’t be wasted.

Check your Hero Panel for ways to obtain more Core Tyria Mastery Points. (The Red Starbursts.)

Good luck.

atheria.2837

Your screen looks normal to me. You need 8 Mastery points to learn the Advanced Logistics in Pact commander, and you only have 5 available Tyria mastery points to spend. So you need to get 3 more points in Tyria.
It’s Learning Fractal mastery now because that’s all that’s left, you wont lose the experience progression in the Pact commander line if you can’t spend the points on it yet.

How can my screen “look normal” when the mastery for Pact Commander is now completely GRAYED OUT? There is no access to it.

I earned them all, believe me there were many who helped.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

atheria.2837

You need 3 more Mastery Points to complete (attain) the last Pact Commander Mastery ability (5/5). You have gained all the XP for that line that is needed. Now, XP is going to your Fractal Mastery line, so it won’t be wasted.

Check your Hero Panel for ways to obtain more Core Tyria Mastery Points. (The Red Starbursts.)

Good luck.

I was on the last one, I had two of the last three that demand that one goes to the achievements.

I did the last one and it RESET.

Many people helped me with those last THREE points.

Mastery is now grayed out, so what you are saying is ridiculous when I told you I did the other two and the last one reset the whole thing back to three.

atheria.2837

What he got confused was the progress showing 4/5 which refers to 4 out of 5 masteries unlocked.

She didn’t get confused. I had two out of the three, which force one to go to the achievements.

It took me days to get that last one in Malestrom – and when I finally got the last one the whole thing reset and grayed out the category so now one can’t even get into it.

Why do so many not “get” that it’s not my issue, it’s the program’s?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

She didn’t get confused. I had two out of the three, which force one to go to the achievements.

It took me days to get that last one in Malestrom – and when I finally got the last one the whole thing reset and grayed out the category so now one can’t even get into it.

Why do so many not “get” that it’s not my issue, it’s the program’s?

Because it’s not with the program. Nothing in your images suggest that there is a problem with it. Mastery points do not just disappear on their own.

Here’s what you can do. Refer to the following and then compare it to what you have. Count all of the mastery points that you have earned (spent/unspent) for Tyria.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

How can my screen “look normal” when the mastery for Pact Commander is now completely GRAYED OUT? There is no access to it.

It is completely grayed out because you can not earn anymore experience in that line. You will be able to learn it once you have the mastery points available for it. Yes, your screen looks normal as it is not displaying anything to assume it is bugged.

As posted above, count all of your earned points and compare it to what you have available and have already spent.

Have you tried earning another mastery point to see if it goes from 5 to 6/8? Then it would be confirmed it was an oversight on your part. Since as posted above again, mastery points do not disappear.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you feel there is something amiss with your Mastery tracks, you can contact the CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Request’ for assistance.

Also, the Pact Mastery line is ‘greyed out’ because you don’t have it selected. You have the Fractal line selected in the screenshot.

Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

atheria.2837

If you feel there is something amiss with your Mastery tracks, you can contact the CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Request’ for assistance.

Also, the Pact Mastery line is ‘greyed out’ because you don’t have it selected. You have the Fractal line selected in the screenshot.

Good luck.

I did put in a ticket and over 24 hours later Anet has no answer – crickets

You didn’t read a single thing I said and aren’t looking closely at the screenshots.

You can’t CHOOSE that mastery line AT ALL – it was at two out of three stars done from the last three that are needed by doing only achievements – now I can’t touch the line at all, it will not allow you to CHOOSE it, forcing me into the ONLY thing not completed – fractals.

If you can’t understand that it can’t be chosen, and you can’t comprehend that you have the issue completely wrong, backwards and doing exactly what isn’t happening, then I can’t possibly explain it to you.

I’ve had four things “disappear” from my database in the past, all returned by GW2/Anet

Now two stars that were lit up are now dark after getting the very last mastery point.

I hope you can understand now that I was very careful about where I was, and that the category that you are saying isn’t chosen can NOT BE chosen any longer.

Because I already have those points – and the game made a mistake.

atheria.2837

I have four pics – two won’t even post after several attempts. All say the same thing months after each other, missing items are being returned.

It is completely grayed out because you can not earn anymore experience in that line. You will be able to learn it once you have the mastery points available for it. Yes, your screen looks normal as it is not displaying anything to assume it is bugged.

As posted above, count all of your earned points and compare it to what you have available and have already spent.

Have you tried earning another mastery point to see if it goes from 5 to 6/8? Then it would be confirmed it was an oversight on your part. Since as posted above again, mastery points do not disappear.

When this is addressed, the mastery line not even being able to be chosen in my game, I will post the solution.

My mastery points did indeed go from one needed, all but one lit up to three now not lit up at all.

The are missing – the program keeps making mistakes in my account – this is the fifth time I can prove that it has.

Why in the world would I lie?

I worked very hard to get those “last three” mastery points done and had a LOT of help doing so.

Telling the truth gets one attacked more here than lying – and over three years I have seen quite a few lies and much dissembling.

There are two other pics that won’t even post after several tries. All say the same thing – returning things “lost” in the database.

Attachments:

(edited by atheria.2837)

atheria.2837

I have the mastery points and can’t spend them.

Um.

Yeah.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I have the mastery points and can’t spend them.

Um.

Yeah.

From the second screenshot you posted it appears you have 5 tyria mastery points available so you need 3 more to unlock that mastery. I don’t see anything wrong judging by the screeshots

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I also can’t see anything wrong in those screen shots. You need more mastery points before you can get to 5/5 on that track and in the meantime your surplus XP is going into another track. Nothing has “reset”.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

She is stating that he had 7 mastery points, and after acquiring the last one through diving goggles achievement, she went from 7 (8) to 5.

While I don’t think she is lying, I highly doubt there is any bug on her account. It works perfectly on everybody’s else.

For some inexplicable reason, there is so much confusion with masteries that we can see this kind of topics popping up every week. There probably needs to be some tutorial for: click here, get XP, get MP, click again, select next.

What I think happened is, that she thinks those mastery points are getting assigned after acquisition to whichever mastery track currently activated, which is of course not the case. Thus, she spent 3 of those points on fractal mastery, clicked back to pact commander, acquired the mastery point, and only then she realized she is missing 3 more.

Edit: You cannot select “AT ALL” pact commander line, because you earned all the XP required in it. However, when you have enough mastery points, you can spend them to learn the pact commander mastery.
Now you can have selected only ONE mastery track, and that is Fractal mastery because you still didn’t level it up to the maximum.

You can spend those points on pact commander even without having it selected. Remember that. Also remember that acquiring mastery points gives them to you onto one pile of mastery points, like in wallet. (there are 2 piles> one for HoT points, one for central tyria points). You can spend them according to your wishes. You DO NOT acquire them for a specific trait line that you have selected.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

If there’s a glitch, it’d show in your mastery level itself (currently 64 by screenshot). That number goes up when you fully train in a line. Using https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery count all lines you’ve MAXED including Maguma and Fractal, not those partially trained because the mastery level only goes up when a line is fully trained. If the total maxed equals 64 points, you didn’t lose any mastery points you just inadvertently placed 3 in Fractal instead of the line shown in shot because you were training in Fractal at the time. Maybe not what you meant to do, but not a glitch, I know because I did the same thing. That 4th fractal should start training automaticallt now (to not waste gained experience), but it takes some time to get that experience, so make sure you get 3 more mastery points before you get the experience to max Fractal 4. The fact that, it looks like legendary crafting isn’t started yet means you should have enough resources of gain at hand to find 3 more mastery points for Pact.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Either

A) OP had 7 points, gained 1, and the game glitched and reset her to 5.

B) OP had 7 points, gained 1, accidentally spent 3 on a different line, leaving her with 5.

C) OP had 4 points, gained 1, and thinking the 5/5 mastery required 5 points, is confused why she needs 3 more.

In any of the above scenarios, the line should remain greyed until you have the points to train the last mastery, so that part at least isn’t bugged. You may be able to use gw2efficiency to check how many points you should have total, and compare to how much you’ve already spent to see if it adds up.

Edit: go to Achievements in gw2efficiency, Show: Finished, Masteries Only: Yes. It will show a green number for all of the points you have in each section. Then look at your mastery lines to see what you’ve spent. Should be a very quick and easy check.

(edited by Zodryn.4216)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Pertinent information from forum members in this thread.

With that, we hope the OP has a better understanding of the system, but CS will be responding to the most recent ticket to also given an explanation.

Thanks to everyone who tried to give more information on this topic!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet