Unbound Magic lost forever for Vanilla acc?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

So, i was farming a home instance on my alt account, and I noticed you can harvest unbound magic from the new home instance nodes (wood stumps and berries) from the new maps.

You cant spend the harvested items of course (or magic), unless you upgrade, but when i did this with the ruby node several months back, my wallet was showing the magic i was collecting – small amounts though it was.

Its now gone from my wallet, but i still show as harversting it.

Where is it going? If i upgrade will it be returned to me? Is it being tracked? Or is it lost forever?

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I doubt anyone on the forums can answer your questions. If you had it showing on an alt account and it’s now gone it might be a bug. You can try doing a repair or you can contact support and see what they say.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

How are you getting noses?

Thought they had to be bought in those maps?
At any rate he is right it’s an unknown you have to talk to Anet.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

How are you getting noses?

Thought they had to be bought in those maps?

Yeah, but the person that bought the nodes can invite others to home instance. Perhaps OP has friends.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m guessing they removed the display from the wallet because its basically a useless currency for a free account (in an effort to reduce confusion), but since you can still get it as a drop from nodes that its still counted.

That said, outside of a direct developer answer the only way to know for sure is to find someone with a free account, use some nodes, then upgrade and check the total. Or find someone that’s already done so, but I’d say the number of people who actually notice something like that AND who actually share other players’ home instances for harvesting AND who hang around the forums would be pretty low.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m guessing they removed the display from the wallet because its basically a useless currency for a free account (in an effort to reduce confusion), but since you can still get it as a drop from nodes that its still counted.

That said, outside of a direct developer answer the only way to know for sure is to find someone with a free account, use some nodes, then upgrade and check the total. Or find someone that’s already done so, but I’d say the number of people who actually notice something like that AND who actually share other players’ home instances for harvesting AND who hang around the forums would be pretty low.

Well, the OP didn’t say free account. He said alt account. That only requires someone with a non HoT account mining a bloodstone node in a home instance that has one to check. Some people do run their alt accounts through their main accounts home instance. Maybe one will read this and report what they see.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You can check what the API says you have in your wallet, even if it’s not being displayed in game. GW2 Efficiency or similar sites make it simple to do that.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I have a core-only alt account (paid not free) that has been harvesting various HoT nodes in a HoT player’s home instance and it is no longer showing Unbound Magic or Aurillium. It can still harvest the nodes for Rubies and stuff and the Unbound Magic and Aurillium do show when you harvest the nodes but they are not in the currencies list. Hard to say whether that stuff is being lost or whether it is secretly accumulating. I’m unlikely to ever upgrade that account to HoT so it’s not a particularly big deal to me.

Posted by: iwanpompier.5612

iwanpompier.5612

The API still shows me having Unbound Magic and Lump of Aurillium and it increased after today’s home gather so its just hidden from UI

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

THERE’S A WOOD NODE?

MashMash.1645

Well, the OP didn’t say free account. He said alt account. That only requires someone with a non HoT account mining a bloodstone node in a home instance that has one to check. Some people do run their alt accounts through their main accounts home instance. Maybe one will read this and report what they see.

It used to do it either when I was multi boxing or just a random person offering home instance harvesting.

MashMash.1645

THERE’S A WOOD NODE?

Petrified wood? Yes. From the Ember Bay vendor.

MashMash.1645

The API still shows me having Unbound Magic and Lump of Aurillium and it increased after today’s home gather so its just hidden from UI

Interesting. So still worth harvesting them for when I maybe upgrade an alt account.

Thanks for the updates everyone :-D