Underwater Revenant

Underwater Revenant

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Will we get underwater weapon during Revenant Weekend?? or a legend that functions underwater?

Underwater Revenant

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Really good questions, we haven’t even seen something as simple as the underwater drowned skills.

Underwater Revenant

Posted by: Fadhli.9086

Fadhli.9086

Will we get underwater weapon during Revenant Weekend?? or a legend that functions underwater?

We will find out this weekend. We don’t even know what underwater weapons Revenants can equip.

Chieftain Snuffy – Guardian
Founder | Smaash Gaming Community

Underwater Revenant

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

We will find out this weekend. We don’t even know what underwater weapons Revenants can equip.

spear seems the most obvious choice, but using it at range cuz Revenant :/

Underwater Revenant

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

You say that like it’s a bad thing. Ranged weapons generally make underwater combat faceroll easy comparatively.

Underwater Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

You say that like it’s a bad thing. Ranged weapons generally make underwater combat faceroll easy comparatively.

I prefer melee spear personally but i can see why they went with ranged weapon – people would rage as they can barely handle underwater combat.

Im also curious what about underwater tho. It would be too funny to not get any wep underwater xdd

obey me

Underwater Revenant

Posted by: Krazher.7816

Krazher.7816

Not necessarily ranged, since it’s not new, guardians already do it.

Underwater Revenant

Posted by: SaulWolfden.6178

SaulWolfden.6178

I’m assuming they are just getting spear for this since it would be bizarre for them to not have anything to use underwater for the Revenant weekend since they would be completely useless without it in say that Krait fractal.

“Fear is only what you feel”

Underwater Revenant

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’m assuming they are just getting spear for this since it would be bizarre for them to not have anything to use underwater for the Revenant weekend since they would be completely useless without it in say that Krait fractal.

They are unlikely to get more than one underwater weapon set – they can’t switch weapons anyway.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Underwater Revenant

Posted by: SaulWolfden.6178

SaulWolfden.6178

They are unlikely to get more than one underwater weapon set – they can’t switch weapons anyway.

Which I never implied they would, I say spear because Ele uses trident, Engineer uses Harpoon gun, so that leaves just Spear for a class that can’t weapon switch.

“Fear is only what you feel”

Underwater Revenant

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Which I never implied they would, I say spear because Ele uses trident, Engineer uses Harpoon gun, so that leaves just Spear for a class that can’t weapon switch.

Agreed, i also think spear is the most likely one.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Underwater Revenant

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Not necessarily ranged, since it’s not new, guardians already do it.

The problem here is that guardians suck underwater for doing range with the spear. I get that it’s supposed to be some kind of paragon throwback, but range is the reason they can swap to a trident.

That Guardian spear auto, single throw, single hit, and 3/4 of the rest of the skill on the stupid thing are melee ranged, and skill 5 is a pull into melee range. While I appreciate the throw back (pun, deal with it) to the Paragon, why this passed ‘GO’ I’ll never understand.

Melee combat underwater, where it’s available, should always be way harder hitting than ranged simply to reward those who take the 15 minutes to learn how to stay in melee range with their target, instead of choosing the lazy way.

All that said, I don’t care if the Revenant’s spear is ranged only. Simply though, whatever the case for it may be, it needs to be designed 1 specific way or another. I happen to like the idea of the Rev having multiple abilities that will pull things into melee range for a very hard hitting melee spear auto, given that they don’t have a second weapon to dump ranged options onto. This could also be done with the underwater utilities, though I think my ultimate dream is that ALL classes have separate underwater specializations that activate along with the aquabreather and aquatic weapons, the Rev in this case having separate aquatic legends also to account for this. Though Mallyx and Margonites/Abaddon by extension already have lore ties to the sea, so some of them may translate.

Underwater Revenant

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

They will have spear but NONE of their utility skills will work underwater.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast