Updrafts

Updrafts

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Katoomba.6905

Katoomba.6905

What am I doing wrong? I fly into an updraft and go down, not up, I flutter my wings but that does not help, stand stockstill but that does not help either, so every time I get into an updraft I drop.

In my ’training log" it says to train updraft and the bar in that is about 60%, so does that mean I have to do lots of updrafts, even falling down the whole time, until eventually it works?

OK maybe a stupid question but I am not five years old lol, more on the other end of the scale, i.e. ancient.

Updrafts

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

Learning the mastery has nothing to do with actually using updrafts. You train updrafts the same way as any other mastery – earn experience in the appropriate maps by any means (kills, events, harvesting, etc.) until the bar is full, then spend the required number of mastery points.

Once you’ve got the mastery, using updrafts will be automatic – as soon as you glide into one, you’ll go up, and your energy bar will get .refilled.

Updrafts

Posted by: DuelFlaga.1273

DuelFlaga.1273

No sir, that means you need to fill the remaining 40% with experience points from HoT or the new LSS3 maps, and then spend the corresponding mastery points needed, before you can finally use updrafts.

Have a nice day.

Updrafts

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

No, good sir. You learn masteries by gathering exp like normal. Doing events, killing creatures and stuff once the bar is full, 100%, you must pay an appropriate amount of mastery points to unlock the mastery. Then you can use it to fly through the aircurrents

Updrafts

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I can understand the first two answers since its 2 min’s apart so an accident due to typing abit longer on the second, the third almost 3 hours later was an over kill tho.

Updrafts

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Wasn’t that guy the same asking how to use gliding? Some people really aren’t used to games, aren’t they…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Updrafts

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I can understand the first two answers since its 2 min’s apart so an accident due to typing abit longer on the second, the third almost 3 hours later was an over kill tho.

how is it overkill? OP was confused about a mechanic and we explained how it worked? is explaining stuff a form of agitation nowadays? I think you’ve spend too much time on tumblr

Updrafts

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

Wasn’t that guy the same asking how to use gliding? Some people really aren’t used to games, aren’t they…

It is. Almost positive he’s a troll. People explained to him exactly how masteries work in his other thread (which he also never responded in) and here he is again with another troll post that he hasn’t responded to. If he was able to figure out exactly how masteries work to get gliding level 1 from the many responses to his first thread, there should be no confusion on how to get level 2.

Updrafts

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

how is it overkill? OP was confused about a mechanic and we explained how it worked? is explaining stuff a form of agitation nowadays? I think you’ve spend too much time on tumblr

What is this tumblr you speak of mate?