Upgrade puchase question

Upgrade puchase question

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Waterwright.9514

Waterwright.9514

Hi all,

I’m a returning player who haven’t played for over 2 years and am very confused about the Thorns expansion and the living world seasons thingy.

I was under the impression that if I buy the expansion then I’ll automatically be granted access all living world seasons, even if I haven’t logged in for two years. But when I went to the in game store to buy the expansion it states that it’ll grant “upcoming expansions.” So…does that mean I’ll have to buy the all the seasons that I’ve missed AND the expansion to enjoy both? Needed to verify this before I commit to buying.

Oh sorry, forgot to say I bought the base game already.

Thanks for your answers!!

(edited by Waterwright.9514)

Upgrade puchase question

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Thats’ pretty much it. Season 2 isn’t part of the expansion. It’s it’s own content. If you log in you get it for free and if you miss it you have to buy it. It was never marketed as part of the expansion.

Upgrade puchase question

Posted by: Waterwright.9514

Waterwright.9514

thank you Vayne! Do u also play lol btw? XD

Upgrade puchase question

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Nah. Long before Vayne was a chic in LoL, Vayne was a bad guy in Final Fantasy. But yeah, I get asked that a lot.

Upgrade puchase question

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you have just returned to the game, by logging in you will unlock Season 3 Episode 3 at no cost. To play Season 3 Episode 3, you will have to purchase Heart of Thorns. All of Season Two must be purchased (if you did not log in during the period it was live) as a bundle, or as individual Episodes, and Season 3 Episodes 1 and 2 can be purchased through the Living Story panel at 200 Gems each (again if you did not log in while they were live).

Welcome return, and good luck.

Upgrade puchase question

Posted by: Patchup.1053

Patchup.1053

Welcome back.
It is definitely worth getting the expansion even if you decide not to get the seasons. Many dailies now include at least one expansion related activity, event, etc. There are also Elite skills/traits, Flight, a new profession, Guild halls and related bonuses, Mastery tracks such as legendaries, fractals, and others.