Useless skill question

Useless skill question

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

Hi Anet

have you though about delete all the useless skill?

for me the following skill is useless: (this only for my personal )
- All Norn Transform skill
- Reaper of Grenth, Avatar of Melandru (Human)
- Summon Sylvan Hound, Summon Druid Spirit (Sylvari)

Guardian
-Tome of Wrath

Warrior
-Rampage

Engineer
-Mortar
-Elixir X

i play this game since launch. never saw anyone use before. those skill i dont know why they exist. not really powerful, long CD.
i only saw players use for fun. not in combat.
what reason still keeping these skill? plz consider come up some new skill to replace.

Useless skill question

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

I’ve seen people using all of those skills, me included for some of them (norn guardian turns into a big cat all the time and my Sylvari loves to summon earth/plant elementals). Roleplayers use the cultural skills since it helps tie them to feeling different from another race.

Are there better skills out there? Perhaps, but ultimately it comes down to what you enjoy playing like. ‘Useless’ skills suggest that everyone plays meta, which is not the case.

Useless skill question

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

All my norn chars have their respective transform equipped. In some cases, it is used to switch things up in the heat of combat, in others it just compliments the skillset used.

Gotta agree on the sylvari summons and the human “avatars” though. Seen them used rarely and mostly for flavour, not actual utility.

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Useless skill question

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

Racial skills were intended to be weaker in general than profession skills, in order to avoid giving too much of an advantage to a particular race. Some do have some niche use.

The norn bear and snow leopard transformations can give you some great mobility in PvE and WvW. They USED to be used as a “poor man’s Fiery Greatsword”, but that has been changed. They are still of niche use in the Thaumanova radioactive room. Snow leopard also can give you stealth on a profession that normally can’t get it solo (though with harpy feathers, that’s not as needed in PvE).

Tome of Courage is definitely weak, it’s best used by using the 4 skill to grant fury and quickness, then dropping back to your real weapons.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Useless skill question

JUN YANG.4328

i would say transform skill ONLY Leopard is a little bit useful. in escaping combat like WvW. skipping in arah, TA dungeon. (stealth and run away). other the that Nope…. use for 30s then 4min CD.. thats Joke.
and also transform skill not doing huge damage. so still useless.

Useless skill question

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Rampage gives the warrior a nice power boost, which works with bundles like ice bow. Also has a nice stability, that can be used in cliffside for the traps for example.

Avatar of Melandru you can use for the stability.

Not sure if Norn elite got fixed, but the charge should do close to what FGS used to do. Also useful for skipping trash.

The rest are pretty useless, or have some uses, but the cooldowns are too big.

Glorious Human Master Race

Useless skill question

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I love Rampage. They better not remove/nerf it!!!

Useless skill question

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Engineer Mortar need to be made mobile or simply increase the range of this skill and its affects.

Useless skill question

JUN YANG.4328

warrior – Rampage not too bad. still can do bit of damage. but compare the other 2 elite skill not much player up for it.

Mortar- i think i should use on WvW. how ever is range too short.

for class skill the most useless is
Guardian
-Tome of Wrath
i dont know who gona use that skill. so useless..

and Sylvan Hound (Sylvari) what for…..

Useless skill question

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

the sylvari hound is actually kind of useful, bleeds and cripples target. I’ll use it on my guardian from time to time to prevent burning or blind being cleansed before it’s used.
mortar has it’s uses
the tome of wrath i’ve seen used in wvw, i don’t recommend it, but you see it sometimes
I like elixir x
reaper of grenth is actually pretty useful, it chills everyone near you, useful for melee

Useless skill question

JUN YANG.4328

not only for those skill i mention. these only sample. my point is. if those skill only 1~5% player will use. what’s the point keeping it.

just bring some more useful skill to replace.

i like Tazza’s (SE Part 1 Final Boss) Clone skill. why not think about use on mesmer elite skill

Useless skill question

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

not only for those skill i mention. these only sample. my point is. if those skill only 1~5% player will use. what’s the point keeping it.

just bring some more useful skill to replace.

i like Tazza’s (SE Part 1 Final Boss) Clone skill. why not think about use on mesmer elite skill

mesmer elites are fine, all the skills do have a use.

Useless skill question

Posted by: Gandalf.3516

Gandalf.3516

Deleting skills is not a good idea.