VB too aimless

VB too aimless

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I love Verdant Brink, it’s beautiful, but as it stands it just appears to be a very aimless event farm map. There’s no meaningful progression on the map beyond the day/night cycle meta, and there’s no direction through the various areas of the map, you just get dumped at the VB entrance and left to your own devices.

I’m hoping this is due to it not being finished yet, but if this is reflective of the finished product, I’m not very pleased

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

VB too aimless

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

I feel similarly. I was thinking about posting a similar thread, but I couldn’t really find the right word to express how I felt about VB.

“Aimless” feels about perfect.

Not really sure what I could suggest to improve it; this is just my initial impression.

VB too aimless

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I feel this too, but it might also be due to the fact that we get such a small part of the map. I feel like I’m doing a lot of repeated events in order to get the exp needed for masteries, which gets dull after a while.

I have full faith however that once we get the full map(s) it’ll feel a lot better as we’ll have more to do.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

VB too aimless

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

I feel this too, but it might also be due to the fact that we get such a small part of the map. I feel like I’m doing a lot of repeated events in order to get the exp needed for masteries, which gets dull after a while.

I have full faith however that once we get the full map(s) it’ll feel a lot better as we’ll have more to do.

I’m gonna echo what you’re saying. It feels repetitive at the moment but it’s obviously incomplete. It’s even worse when half the events are bugged. I’d love to see more events and more variation. It’s tough when starting off, because you don’t have your movement masteries and it can be annoying wandering around trying to find an event to do.

VB too aimless

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Remember they have removed the story element to give you the sense of discovery later, it obviously lost a lot of the meaningfulness when they did that.

VB too aimless

Posted by: Sonickeyblade.8415

Sonickeyblade.8415

Remember they have removed the story element to give you the sense of discovery later, it obviously lost a lot of the meaningfulness when they did that.

I think this bears repeating. I found all of Verdant Brink to be boring until I reached Frog City. Because that is its own self contained story, I had a BALL doing it. So I guess we’ll just have to to wait.

We’re here to test out the mechanics more then anything. Does doing the missions feel fun? Because the rest of the zone will probably be as hectic and full of stuff to do. Things like “is there something going on when you get there” opposed to the base world where everything is on a clock and during downtime, nothing is happening. Stuff like that. BWE1 isn’t for judging how the story feels as they want to keep everything secret.

VB too aimless

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

That’s not an issue, This is only a small part of the map and we don’t have story. It’s not a problem when expansion launch.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

VB too aimless

Posted by: jgcd.6041

jgcd.6041

I found the entire map to be hectic and interesting. While a number of the events are bugged, preventing much in the way of meta progress, or they simply have their progression tags disabled.

The lack of story content gives VB the aimless feeling, though if the intro story mission was any indication, that won’t be a problem when the game goes live. As this is for testing classes and mechanics, as well as tuning some combat aspects, I’ll take it. It gives time to get used to the current elite specs, see the mastery system, and play around.

I got no problem with that.

- This is a forum, expect logic to get left at the door, beaten bloody, and set on fire.

- The more asinine the post or thread, the more I am amused.

VB too aimless

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

I feel the same way. It’s like I’m running around a maze with no end and purpose. Finally got the gliding skill but it really didn’t add much to exploration. Gonna try getting the mushroom mastery but I wish they had added more to the storyline and allow us to progress more through the map.

On the plus side it is a beautiful and interesting map!

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

(edited by KronosBaelfire.6289)