Ventari/Centaur stance too fussy

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Tyrannical.9348

Tyrannical.9348

I hope I’m not the only one thinking that the Ventari/Centaur stance is a little too fussy to manage? Having to micromanage this tablet around everywhere is a little irritating when trying to manage weapons skills and a power bar at the same time, there’s almost too much on my plate.

I think it would be simpler if the skills were entirely separate from each other, or at least give that tablet some better AI. I know the legend fits in as a support role, and it’s best used for concentrating on healing, but that only makes matters worse, because you need to know where both the tablet is, and where your allies are, it’s like playing a very stressful game of football, passing around this tablet while getting beaten down by the opposite team.

Can we PLEASE fix this legend and make it more viable? It’s such a chore to use.

(edited by Tyrannical.9348)

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

I LOVE the Ventari stance and can see it being one of the main stances my Rev takes. I semi-relate to this post, so I hope you don’t mind that I piggy-back what I consider my biggest feedback from the BWE here:

If you’re at all mobile (and you should be in GW2), you’re going to have to baby that number 6 button to make your tablet zoomzoomzoom around the map/fight with you. It’s pretty fun to move the tablet myself, imo; I like the strategy of it, even if I do wish there was a way to communicate the tablet’s path to the PUGs around me so they don’t run out of the way by the time it gets there. Unfortunately, the positioning of this skill means my hand is seemingly always off by a column on the keyboard in the middle of a fight.

Solution make the tablet-move skill an F2 function. It doesn’t throw off the entire flow of my gameplay to hit F2, but having to make 6 my new 4 index-finger-wise started to strain my hand and my patience by the end of the weekend. Genuinely: My hand/wrist still aches a bit.

Edit: Throwing in my thoughts regarding his constant grunting, after seeing that reddit post. Alternate line ideas for Ventari moving that tablet:

• “Heavier than I remember.”
  • “MOVE!”
  • “Take root!”
  • “Strengthen your mind.” (or some sort of “do you even lift” line, since Ventari seems to be doing all the moving; I suppose a sarcastic “oh, allow me” might be out of character)
  • “Changing sanctuary.”
  • “Keep it safe.” (Is “Keep it secret, keep it safe” copyright?)

Mixed in with some of the exertion noises, of course; I kind of love hearing him do the literal gruntwork.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

(edited by kimeekat.2548)

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’d rather see the tablet be automatically summoned at your position when you enter Ventari stance. For a defensive/support legend, it seems really odd to be the one legend with a time/energy tax to even use.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: tostadude.9214

tostadude.9214

the skill 6 needs to heal more than it currently does, and shouldnt cost energy
it’s already punishing enough to cast it repeatedly midfight

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

. . . I never had an issue moving my pet tablet. ;C

Posted by: Tregarde.6031

Tregarde.6031

The tablet was not the easiest thing to manage… but by the end of the weekend I was kind of getting the hang of it. It helps if you map a key that’s easy to reach for your healing skill.

It’s not all that different from an Engineer’s healing turret, except the tablet is mobile! And I don’t think it’s possible to attack the tablet. Add those together and it has a huge advantage over the turret.

Posted by: Taellan.3654

Taellan.3654

I have the heal skill mapped to R, which is really convenient.

I’d rather see the tablet be automatically summoned at your position when you enter Ventari stance. For a defensive/support legend, it seems really odd to be the one legend with a time/energy tax to even use.

I agree with this. Especially since all other Ventari skills aren’t available without the tablet.

Or…maybe the utils/elite skills could be sort of like mini-signets, where they all have a slight, passive effect (stat boost, occasional boon or condition removal) when the tablet is not summoned. So when switching to Ventari or after using the elite, the skills have a “down time” passive ability until the tablet is summoned, and then they switch to their tablet ability.

Posted by: Tasao.4623

Tasao.4623

I really disliked microing the tablet’s precise condition. I’d rather it be on a bit of weak rubberband tether or something. It follows you, starting slowly but quickly gaining speed, if you get too far away, but stops if you’re inside a minimum range, maybe twice what the projectile shield radius is.

I was getting carpal tunnel spamming the Move ability to keep it positioned right.

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Remap keybinds to solve main difficulty in moving the tablet.

Tablet should auto-summon on activation of Centaur legend.

Moving tablet is great fun.

Moving tablet may perhaps cost too much rift energy for the value of the heal.