Ventari, staff & SHIRO Combo? speculation

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Puls.5867

Puls.5867

So this could be way out of reach wrong but I wanted to share a thought that popped into my head when reading about the Melee staff on the Revenant encouraging players to move around the enemy whilst attacking

So we have seen a trait a believe its on thief where if you Attack on the persons sides or back you deal extra damage? Someone please correct me on this as im not actually 100% sure

But what if when SHIRO is revealed and he has a deals more damage at the sides and or back theme in his traits to go with him? I am guessing maybe sword/dagger will be shiros thing if not sword/sword but I just found this interesting

So basically long story short SHIRO & Ventari sharing the staff to dance around your enemy dealing bonus damage as well as being able to switch into a more supportive role to knock enemies away from allies or to just continuously knock them back for fun

Sorry if there’s any grammer, spelling mistakes or if some sentences don’t make sense I’ve been a naughty little kitten and wrote this during work :x share your thoughts remember this is mainly speculation for fun and I’m not saying this will happen (:

Tsento – Mesmer | Timcarnate – Revenant | Timigami – Necromancer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

I don’t think so. Shiro will most likely be sword/sword combo seeing as that’s his thing. I still can see his legend working with staff altough at the price of damage.

This all depends on skills he gets. Remember however Shiro was categorized as an assassin so we can expect more Shadowsteps and cool effects. Revenant is the only profession besides Thief that gets shadowsteps

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I don’t think so. Shiro will most likely be sword/sword combo seeing as that’s his thing. I still can see his legend working with staff altough at the price of damage.

This all depends on skills he gets. Remember however Shiro was categorized as an assassin so we can expect more Shadowsteps and cool effects. Revenant is the only profession besides Thief that gets shadowsteps

Necromancer waves

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

I was kind of speculating on how this combo would work. I really like the idea behind a melee staff, and the skills sound pretty good, but it’d have to be able to deal some good damage with an offensive build at least, because I don’t really plan on playing my Revenant as a hard support.

If not though, I suppose Bolt would still look pretty nice on him, so I’m not too worried.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

For me, if Glint is ranged legend, i will rock Shiro/Glint with Staff and now be both melee burst as well as ranged burst. I would be unkitable in SPvP and I would be able to lock down capture points.

because one of the Sword skills dont allow capture of points. Hope you all know that.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Revenant just doesn’t make sense to me. I feel like they’re going to be pigeonholed into using two complimenting legends rather than whatever combo you want because of the lack of weapon swapping.

Like, it wouldn’t make sense to use Mallyx and Ventari, because Staff has support skills. And even if I did find a way for it to work, what gear stats would I seek? Settler’s?

Or what if I wanted Ventari and Shiro (assumed to be high dps)? What weapon would I use? My Ventari skills would be useless because I wouldn’t run staff with Shiro, and my (assumed DPS) swords would be useless with Ventari because they’re not support? And again, what gear stats do I wear?

This has been my issue with the Revenant since introduction. Am I looking at it incorrectly?

Killyox.3950

Revenant just doesn’t make sense to me. I feel like they’re going to be pigeonholed into using two complimenting legends rather than whatever combo you want because of the lack of weapon swapping.

Like, it wouldn’t make sense to use Mallyx and Ventari, because Staff has support skills. And even if I did find a way for it to work, what gear stats would I seek? Settler’s?

Or what if I wanted Ventari and Shiro (assumed to be high dps)? What weapon would I use? My Ventari skills would be useless because I wouldn’t run staff with Shiro, and my (assumed DPS) swords would be useless with Ventari because they’re not support? And again, what gear stats do I wear?

This has been my issue with the Revenant since introduction. Am I looking at it incorrectly?

Why would ventari skills be useless? Don’t confuse legend skills with weapon skills.

Mallyx + Ventari also has sense. A lot of it actually. You can support with MAllyx by pulling conditions from your allies and sending them out to enemies.

Same with Jalis + Ventari, stability and protection to allies + ventari skills.

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

I’ve been thinking the same. The weapons seem to carry too much of a theme around them based on what legend they’re associated with. Removing weapon swap seems okay on paper since you’re getting extra utility skills, but those skills won’t do much good if they aren’t compatible with your build that you had to center around one weapon set. It gives the feeling of having to build primarily around a single legend, with the legend swap just being there so that you have a couple of buttons to press while you’re waiting for that primary legend to go off cooldown.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Why would ventari skills be useless? Don’t confuse legend skills with weapon skills.

Mallyx + Ventari also has sense. A lot of it actually. You can support with MAllyx by pulling conditions from your allies and sending them out to enemies.

That’s a good point, however your gear choice would likely be centered around support, thereby making your condition damage negligible. Or if you center on conditions, your support skills won’t be potent. I don’t want to be lugging around a set of gear for every single stat/legend combo that an encounter may call for.

Killyox.3950

That’s a good point, however your gear choice would likely be centered around support, thereby making your condition damage negligible. Or if you center on conditions, your support skills won’t be potent. I don’t want to be lugging around a set of gear for every single stat/legend combo that an encounter may call for.

You can’t be good at everything. Jack of all trades and master of none or a focused build.

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Which is why they threw us Celestial gear.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert