Verdant brink already empty

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

So it’s the first day after release day and at 11:00 PM CST Verdant Bring was sparingly populated. I spend 15 minutes roaming the map avoiding being taken out by mobs only to chase down three events that didn’t have any players going for them. No new build was ready it’s just players have moved on. Either to the next map or to Halloween or to go do something else all together. Regardless, since the new content is non soloable and guildies had already move past those events I found myself SOL and just signed off. So this is what players are experience on the first new map second day after launch… maybe we all said “good job ANet” just a little too soon.

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

Its been full everytime I tried to switch maps, so I dont think its empty, just people are spread out and trying to figure things out. My guild and I managed tons of meta events today and it was extremely fun and filled with people all day (we actually had to push to a different map because the other one was full).

Posted by: vince.5937

vince.5937

The prevalent opinion seems to be “Get in to Verdant, run story and get glider, get out.” The map is a pain to navigate and people seem eager to leave it.

vince.5937 — Tarnished Coast — Les Saintes
R.I.P. City of Heroes, 2004-2012
Long Live Atlas Park 33

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

VB was full for me for the first few hours yesterday, but today, the zone is just devoid of anyone. Yeah, I basically can’t do any of the events solo because they’re not designed to be done by one player. So yeah, I dunno whats going on.

Stuff goes here.

Posted by: Raziel.4216

Raziel.4216

Haven’t found an empty one yet.
Guess not all megaservers can be full to the top 24/7.

If Legend of Zelda came out tomorrow, the usual
forum dwellers would go nuts about the need to
“grind” to get exp, new swords, new potions etc

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

The thing about the megaserver is that sometimes you end up in a empty-ish one. I think it’s more of an issue with the algorithm used, maybe ANet needs to lower the threshold i.e. how few players are in a map before merging / moving to another map. This is particularly true for the new maps that are pretty big i.e. a lot of players can easily be spread very thin giving the appearance of few players.

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

Yes, it seems that it’s more a megaserver problem with the new maps and I’m still wondering why.