Verdint Brink, map breakout or intended?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

I found a way to get up to the canopy without a chopper. It seemed pretty legit because there wasn’t any overly hard jumps and there was just coincidentally a trail of updrafts. However, I thought to get up there you needed choppers. I wasn’t sure if this was true or not. So my question is, is it legit or not? Do you need to have a chopper to get up there?

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

(edited by TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275)

Posted by: Land of Cheese.2584

Land of Cheese.2584

I found a way to get up to the canopy without a chopper. It seemed pretty legit because there wasn’t any hard jumps and there was just coincidentally a trail of updrafts. However, I thought to get up there you needed choppers. I wasn’t sure if this was true or not. So my question is, is it legit or not? Do you need to have a chopper to get up there?

I think you’ve answered your own question. No, you don’t need a chopper to get up there. And yes, it’s completely legitimate. This is the kind of exploration Anet meant when they said Masteries would allow you to explore areas you’d otherwise not be able to get to.

I found a way to get up to the canopy without a chopper. It seemed pretty legit because there wasn’t any hard jumps and there was just coincidentally a trail of updrafts. However, I thought to get up there you needed choppers. I wasn’t sure if this was true or not. So my question is, is it legit or not? Do you need to have a chopper to get up there?

I think you’ve answered your own question. No, you don’t need a chopper to get up there. And yes, it’s completely legitimate. This is the kind of exploration Anet meant when they said Masteries would allow you to explore areas you’d otherwise not be able to get to.

Alright, cause dulfy said in her guide you need a chopper to go up there n whatnot so I wasn’t sure.

And I mean, to be fair, I’ve also found ways to map breakout by simply falling into holes, so it wasn’t very clear.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

I have been going up to the canopy without chopper many times. I see no reason why this wouldn’t be legit.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

It’s not a map breakout because the canopy and the floor are just different levels of the same map. It’s not going into a different map or out of the one you’re in.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

There’s actually several paths up to the canopy without choppers.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I didn’t even realize their were choppers until a day or two in. Yes, there are at least 3 legit ways into the canopy level, perhaps a few more. The most obvious one is the Magellan climb up to where the triple bosses spawn, there is also a jump pad near the Pale Reavers area, and you can also climb the vines outside the nobles area to reach some updrafts. And also, if you have unlimited gliding you can go up to where the Airship Parts are near the Magellan and glide to some more updrafts (but it’s too far otherwise).

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

I didn’t even realize their were choppers until a day or two in. Yes, there are at least 3 legit ways into the canopy level, perhaps a few more. The most obvious one is the Magellan climb up to where the triple bosses spawn, there is also a jump pad near the Pale Reavers area, and you can also climb the vines outside the nobles area to reach some updrafts. And also, if you have unlimited gliding you can go up to where the Airship Parts are near the Magellan and glide to some more updrafts (but it’s too far otherwise).

Oh, well I found a way up to the canopy from around a hero point. The one west of Faren’s Flyer WP. You can glide to the outside of the structure from inside and climb up it. From there there’s some updrafts to take you to wherever. TY all for the help.

/s

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You could accidentally stumble into the canopy without a chopper even in the beta.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

there is also a jump pad near the Pale Reavers area

Hmmm, wherabouts is this? I’ve been looking for a way up from the east side of the map for a while, and there looked to be an updraft there that would permit it, but i could never figure out how to get high enough to catch it…

Ohoni.6057

The place where there is a dust twister, to the west of the WP? There are bouncy shrooms that take you to the jumping puzzle.

done by now.”

The place where there is a dust twister, to the west of the WP? There are bouncy shrooms that take you to the jumping puzzle.

No. There is two hero points to the west of the WP. The bottom one is the one I’m talking about.

/s

Ohoni.6057

That’s something else, but also works.

done by now.”