Very confused on the cost of guilds halls

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: onic.4537

onic.4537

Q:

Hello I’m a bit confused after seeing an picture that lists the placeholder costs for an upgrade 1000 mithril ingots, 1000 bolt of silk, etc. etc. (the picture) I understand that resources are needed for construction of buildings, but the thing I don’t understand is. does it scale for different sized guilds? for example to a five-man guild that may seem like a lot of resources to them but to an 100 men Guild That’s very cheap. so my question is does it scale based off of your guild size or is the resource costs is going to be set in stone?

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

A:

Each section will have individual costs, so larger guilds should be able to build more things faster. Smaller guilds can still build everything, just not as quickly.

That being said, I have 1000 ingots and silk on my own, so it’s not terribly unreasonable to expect something like this per building even in aa 5 man guild.

Fishsticks

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Why would it scale with the size of the guild? And if it did, what would stop people from just kicking everyone, get the upgrades done and then re-invite them?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Maybe custom guild hall for guilds with different size?

For example if you choose a guild hall for (size 5), the material require is lesser? But your guild are now limited to a size of 5. That can help stop complain from small guilds.

That being said, I don’t think the requirement are that much anyway. Small guilds are complaining about guild mission before. And there are 1 person guild doing bounty or rush by himself. The cost isn’t even that much.

A 5 man guild can farm for 4 hours and have enough money to pay for market resolution 1.

Obviously larger guild have the advantage. I think it is more of people in small guild felt like they are paying extras when they could be in large guild and dont’ pay as much.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

That being said, I have 1000 ingots and silk on my own, so it’s not terribly unreasonable to expect something like this per building even in aa 5 man guild.

We really shouldn’t be balancing costs around the wealthier players, but around the average ones.
Also, this is just a tier 1 basic upgrade. I dread to think how much the t2 one costs.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

The most important thing to remember is that the primary portion of upgrades is the favor (or whatever “new influence” was called) cost, which can’t be sped up by having more players at all as it’s a fixed rate of gain for every guild.

A large guild might be able to stack up 1k mithril or whatever faster, but they’re still going to wait the same amount of time a one person guild would to build each subsequent upgrade due to that time gating mechanic. It’s literally the reasoned they removed the influence design and aren’t offering a way to speed it up with a gold sink.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

It shouldn’t cost standard mats at all. It should take zero silk, zero mithril, etc. These are all trade commodities, and there is enough of a mess involving those without adding yet another abuse for them. Guild projects should be based on the actual contributions of the members, not based on how much gold they can pile together.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

1000 bolts of silk?

Of course 1000 bolts of silk. That is exactly what silk needed. Another giant resource sink. The new map rewards system can’t come in soon enough.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yeah, the cost of ascended crafting due to these prices will skyrocket to astronomical levels.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

We really shouldn’t be balancing costs around the wealthier players, but around the average ones.
Also, this is just a tier 1 basic upgrade. I dread to think how much the t2 one costs.

If you have ever seen my bank, you’d know I’m not a wealthy player. I have never had more than 250g at any point in time, even while I was making my legendary. Mithril and silk are easy to get naturally just by playing the game. And who knows, I could even be poorer than the average player. These are numbers Anet felt good about, but they are only placeholders, so chances are things will change drastically come release.

Fishsticks

Posted by: quietscribe.1573

quietscribe.1573

I agree that having materials like cloth, which are already in massive demand (since there are so few ways to get it) being included in these upgrades just gives me the cold sweats. It is difficult enough getting enough cloth for armour, nevermind something like this for a small guild. Worried. Very worried.

It wouldn’t be so bad, I suppose, if the ascended crafting was not so utterly reliant on cloth for ALL the types of armour. To make Ascended Heavy Armour set, I believe you need 25 bolts of damask (due to the insignias needing 18) while you only need 16 Deldrimor steel. If the crafting was more balanced in terms of cloth needs this wouldn’t be so much of an issue, but that is indeed another discussion.

I am generally worried about being able to upgrade a small guild. It is slow at the moment, but at least you could help gain influence with gold donations to the guild npc, and use laurels as well. In the new system, I am not sure how the small guilds will fare. At least the guild merits will no longer be around, which is good for small guilds since without them you cannot fully upgrade, but in general.. I am worried about the costs of upgrades for small guilds.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

why silk ? you can have my gossamer Anet……

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

welp. Time to start hoarding silk and sell it when prices skyrocket. Consider this an early warning and hoard it just in case too.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/cdi/CDI-Guilds-Guild-Halls/first

This is the link to the CDI for guild halls. Chris Whiteside(he left ArenaNet, but awesome dude)started this. The community and Chris came to the consensus that we wanted scaling for guild size. But you know what? I’m willing to bet you a million dapper llama monocles that we won’t hear a peep about it until we see what it costs at launch. I am also willing to wager that it won’t have scale-ability. A ten person guild has just as much right to build a guild hall for their guild as a 100-person guild and it shouldnt cost exactly the same amount of materials. 10 people should have to pay 10g each for an upgrade whilst the 100 person guild pays 1g each just by virtue of being in a larger group.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/cdi/CDI-Guilds-Guild-Halls/page/18

Here’s a quote by Chris: “All good points and this one is very valid:
‘I think, for smaller guilds, the basic bonuses should be obtainable easily. Examples like a guild armorer merchant or something. But the bigger, longer, and higher stuff should stay the bigger and longer. Yes, big guilds will reach it faster than smaller guilds, but that’s the nature of the beast. Bigger guilds are going to get to the bigger and better stuff sooner.’
This is also a very acute point:
‘As for guild alliance halls. They could work, and would be neat. The only issue would be, what happens if the alliance breaks apart? who gets the hall?’
Initial thoughts are that members of the Alliance would each get an instance of the shared guild hall. And yes I am aware I said instance. This is purely because I am a fan of instance over open world (-: "

Chris

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/cdi/CDI-Guilds-Guild-Halls/first

This is the link to the CDI for guild halls. Chris Whiteside(he left ArenaNet, but awesome dude)started this. The community and Chris came to the consensus that we wanted scaling for guild size. But you know what? I’m willing to bet you a million dapper llama monocles that we won’t hear a peep about it until we see what it costs at launch. I am also willing to wager that it won’t have scale-ability. A ten person guild has just as much right to build a guild hall for their guild as a 100-person guild and it shouldnt cost exactly the same amount of materials. 10 people should have to pay 10g each for an upgrade whilst the 100 person guild pays 1g each just by virtue of being in a larger group.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/cdi/CDI-Guilds-Guild-Halls/page/18

Here’s a quote by Chris: “All good points and this one is very valid:
‘I think, for smaller guilds, the basic bonuses should be obtainable easily. Examples like a guild armorer merchant or something. But the bigger, longer, and higher stuff should stay the bigger and longer. Yes, big guilds will reach it faster than smaller guilds, but that’s the nature of the beast. Bigger guilds are going to get to the bigger and better stuff sooner.’
This is also a very acute point:
‘As for guild alliance halls. They could work, and would be neat. The only issue would be, what happens if the alliance breaks apart? who gets the hall?’
Initial thoughts are that members of the Alliance would each get an instance of the shared guild hall. And yes I am aware I said instance. This is purely because I am a fan of instance over open world (-: "

Chris

The problem is that any sort of number based scaling isn’t enforcable. if you scale cost based on guild size, it’s trivial to just reduce your guild size, buy the upgrade, and increase it again.

What they’re doing is scaling it based on time in stead. They’re removing scaling income by using a resource that functions as an unskippable time gate. Unlike influence you don’t get more of it just because you have more people online or spend more gold. This levels the cost between all guild sizes. The other currencies, IIRC, are all personal. For instance, once you slot a buff it’s either guild wide (same buff for a large or small guild, regardless of size) or on your vendors (linear cost per person, so again the small guild has the same costs and advantages as the large one)

As far as I can tell, the only place where size can really scale in this system is cosmetics, due to Scribe being a crafting profession. It’ll be easier for a large guild to pool materials toward the scribe and set up nice furniture and fountains and stuff sooner.

There’s nothing really wrong with that, as it doesn’t prevent the guild from accessing content or bonuses from the guild systems, and the most unique rewards seem to be trophies acquired from content rather than currency or material grinding.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ