Veterans are not Greedy.

Veterans are not Greedy.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: hapvis.7059

hapvis.7059

I bought a Toy2 3 years ago, I really loved to play this toy day and night. Before yesterday, the seller will release the expansion toy(Toy2E) and wish I can have more different experience than before when I play Toy2 with Toy2E. I was so excited. Yesterday, the seller announced the new customers can have Toy2E for $50 and also have Toy2 for Free. The most exciting thing is that new customers can bring Toy2 home right now after you pay $50 for the Toy2E. But seller told me that I already have Toy2 in their database, I just pay $50, go home, and keep play my old Toy2 until Toy2E is released. Ya! What a nice thought! Some friends heard this story and try to comfort me that you have played this for 3 years. Stop being greedy… For a customer, I pay $50 and go home only with a receipt today. But new players go home with a reciept AND a Toy2. Does it sound right?
All customers should have an equal right of deal with the items they bought. Today, ArenaNet provide a product inclueded GW2:HoT and GW2 core. Although GW2 core is free, any customers still have right to handle the GW2 core by their own will. You can’ t take this right away from the players who owned GW2 core. Many players already gave you some suggestions to smooth away the anger. Hope you can reconsider our suggestions instead of ignore us. We are not greedy. For me, I hope ArenaNet can sell GW2:HoT without GW2 core for lower price. I don’t believe GW2 is $0 in the market because GW1 Trilogy costs $29.99 . If ArenaNet really think the GW2 core is $0, I can buy the GW2:HoT for $50. But can ArenaNet release the GW2 core as an Free-to-play MMO game in the market from today? In that case, ArenaNet still can have more new players.

Veterans are not Greedy.

Posted by: GranspearZX.5624

GranspearZX.5624

This ‘new players vs. old players’ happens in every gaming community, without fail. It never over the exact same issue but it boils down to the same dynamics:

New players want to start on ‘even footing’, older players feel like they’re ‘paid their dues’. Lost in all this shuffle is a point that absolutely no one is bringing up—there is no release date. None. So no one knows what their $50 is actually buying… but that obscured overall picture is much, much clearer for players who don’t have an account already.

Veterans are not Greedy.

Posted by: sjr.8241

sjr.8241

What I am hearing is that all the time you spent in game was not worth the $50 or whatever you payed originally for the game was.

Your original amount payed covers the hours you spent in game, all the new things added since you bought the game, paying Anet employees for support and whatever in game gm’ing they do as well as paying to keep the lights on for hardware and such, servers are not free. Maybe you bought gems along the way, good for you, but many people have not.

Really the only issue I have with this as a veteran player is I really think they should have given us 1 new character slot at the $50 price and 2 at the $75 and $100 price in order to be able to play a Revenant.

Veterans are not Greedy.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

HoT Standard Edition with partial access to Revenant: $50
HoT Standard Edition with garanteed access to Revenant: $60

Veterans are not Greedy.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

XD. For veteran Only.

Veterans are not Greedy.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

XD. For veteran Only.

Yes, of course. New players will gain direct access to the new class if they wish to.

We are so greedy.

Veterans are not Greedy.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

The toy2 you bought 3 years ago kept changing and you actually never paid for the toy2 to change. It did it on its own for free and actually became toy3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0. The new players are getting toy0 and missed out on toy2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 yet you’ve had plenty of new toys to play with over those 3 years. For Free.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

Veterans are not Greedy.

hapvis.7059

This ‘new players vs. old players’ happens in every gaming community, without fail. It never over the exact same issue but it boils down to the same dynamics:

New players want to start on ‘even footing’, older players feel like they’re ‘paid their dues’. Lost in all this shuffle is a point that absolutely no one is bringing up—there is no release date. None. So no one knows what their $50 is actually buying… but that obscured overall picture is much, much clearer for players who don’t have an account already.

I do believe ArenaNet’s quality and try to make top MMO game in this industry. But I don’t like the way ArenaNet ignore that Veterans still have right to handle the GW2 core by their own will when Verterans bought this product which included GW2 core.

Veterans are not Greedy.

papry.8096

The toy2 you bought 3 years ago kept changing and you actually never paid for the toy2 to change. It did it on its own for free and actually became toy3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0. The new players are getting toy0 and missed out on toy2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 yet you’ve had plenty of new toys to play with over those 3 years. For Free.

I’m gonna quote myself:

Except that isn’t true. You got three years worth of living story, some of it which is still available, but only for a gem cost for those not already on here.

Would they be right to rage because they have to pay for something that veterans got for free?

Because they wasn’t there at that time; it’s the newcomers fault if they didn’t experience it; not mine.
Whereas in this case; As a veteran I’m being shafted while I’m there & the newcomer get a bonus.
Double standard between veteran & newcomer.
This is unfair.

Veterans are not Greedy.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I bought a Toy2 3 years ago, I really loved to play this toy day and night. Before yesterday, the seller will release the expansion toy(Toy2E) and wish I can have more different experience than before when I play Toy2 with Toy2E. I was so excited. Yesterday, the seller announced the new customers can have Toy2E for $50 and also have Toy2 for Free. The most exciting thing is that new customers can bring Toy2 home right now after you pay $50 for the Toy2E. But seller told me that I already have Toy2 in their database, I just pay $50, go home, and keep play my old Toy2 until Toy2E is released. Ya! What a nice thought! Some friends heard this story and try to comfort me that you have played this for 3 years. Stop being greedy… For a customer, I pay $50 and go home only with a receipt today. But new players go home with a reciept AND a Toy2. Does it sound right?
All customers should have an equal right of deal with the items they bought. Today, ArenaNet provide a product inclueded GW2:HoT and GW2 core. Although GW2 core is free, any customers still have right to handle the GW2 core by their own will. You can’ t take this right away from the players who owned GW2 core. Many players already gave you some suggestions to smooth away the anger. Hope you can reconsider our suggestions instead of ignore us. We are not greedy. For me, I hope ArenaNet can sell GW2:HoT without GW2 core for lower price. I don’t believe GW2 is $0 in the market because GW1 Trilogy costs $29.99 . If ArenaNet really think the GW2 core is $0, I can buy the GW2:HoT for $50. But can ArenaNet release the GW2 core as an Free-to-play MMO game in the market from today? In that case, ArenaNet still can have more new players.

Seriously, can people stop using logic on this forum. It’s not entertaining. I come here for entertainment… Please stop.

Veterans are not Greedy.

Posted by: evoRobot.4019

evoRobot.4019

I don’t get it.. Will there be a Toy Story 4? Or not

Xscape

Veterans are not Greedy.

papry.8096

Well as they go this will repeat with the new toy so newcomer today will become veteran this day.
Let’s see how this will go out for them at that moment.

Veterans are not Greedy.

Posted by: evoRobot.4019

evoRobot.4019

Well as they go this will repeat with the new toy so newcomer today will become veteran this day.

Not sure what you said. But Toy Story 4 confirmed.

Xscape

Veterans are not Greedy.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Lost in all this shuffle is a point that absolutely no one is bringing up—there is no release date. None. So no one knows what their $50 is actually buying… but that obscured overall picture is much, much clearer for players who don’t have an account already.

This is actually why I refuse the pre-purchase.

It’s not really the cost.

It’s the fact that I have no idea what I’m buying. We have had ZERO content reveal since January. We already knew of Verdant Brink and a little bit of the story then. That’s what we know now.

How many maps do we get?
How long is the story?
How many events per map?
How many achievements?

It has been six months since the last content update. It has been six months since the last content reveal for what is guaranteed to be HoT-only.

Stronghold and Desert Borderlands we’ve seen additional of. But that’s likely to not be HoT-only, especially the later.

So I’m paying for a full unknown content-wise.

I know some features. Guild halls – something that, like Stronghold, was part of GW1 from the beginning and is a complete baffle why it wasn’t so with GW2 – and revenant, new elite specializations (aka new trait lines that do more than old trait lines). That’s nice. That’s great. But twice we’ve gotten feature packs, and they’ve been free. So what makes this one worth $50?

To be worth $50, to me, it would have to be the size of GW2’s core game, give or take. Because the core game was $60 and gave access to not only PvE but also WvW and PvP. HoT is just PvE with some PvP/WvW being release alongside (I cannot see them restricting players who don’t own HoT out of the borderlands; I cannot see them restricting players out of Stronghold with the current system).

So where’s the $50 worth of content Anet? Please, show me. Do that, and I’ll buy the game.

You’re the salesman Anet, so make me want the game.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Veterans are not Greedy.

papry.8096

Well as they go; this will repeat with the new toy so newcomer today will become veteran this day.

Not sure what you said. But Toy Story 4 confirmed.

I’m sure you did.

Veterans are not Greedy.

Posted by: Acharyn.4738

Acharyn.4738

We all bought Toy2 with the expectation that it would change and update.

Veterans are not Greedy.

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

XD. For veteran Only.

Yes, of course. New players will gain direct access to the new class if they wish to.

We are so greedy.

And in return they lose access to one of the core classes that you got ‘guaranteed’ access to when you bought the game three years ago.

Everybody who’s never bought slots will, in HoT, have five slots to split between nine classes. Nobody’s gaining or losing anything they didn’t already have/not have.

Seriously. Slots are not that expensive. Yes, it was churlish of ArenaNet to not include one in the budget-priced expansion, but I would posit that the sixth slot should be a bonus for everyone, not just vets. They already practically give the base game away on Special Event Weekends as it is, why is this such a poopocalypse?

Seriously. This is not the issue we should be concerned with. The issue we should be concerned with is the appalling and unacceptable lack of a physical Collector’s Edition. I need a gloriously oversized RevLock statue to sit on my shelf next to my OG Rytlock.

WHERE MY SWAG @, ANET

Veterans are not Greedy.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Lost in all this shuffle is a point that absolutely no one is bringing up—there is no release date. None. So no one knows what their $50 is actually buying… but that obscured overall picture is much, much clearer for players who don’t have an account already.

This is actually why I refuse the pre-purchase.

It’s not really the cost.

It’s the fact that I have no idea what I’m buying. We have had ZERO content reveal since January. We already knew of Verdant Brink and a little bit of the story then. That’s what we know now.

How many maps do we get?
How long is the story?
How many events per map?
How many achievements?

It has been six months since the last content update. It has been six months since the last content reveal for what is guaranteed to be HoT-only.

Stronghold and Desert Borderlands we’ve seen additional of. But that’s likely to not be HoT-only, especially the later.

So I’m paying for a full unknown content-wise.

I know some features. Guild halls – something that, like Stronghold, was part of GW1 from the beginning and is a complete baffle why it wasn’t so with GW2 – and revenant, new elite specializations (aka new trait lines that do more than old trait lines). That’s nice. That’s great. But twice we’ve gotten feature packs, and they’ve been free. So what makes this one worth $50?

To be worth $50, to me, it would have to be the size of GW2’s core game, give or take. Because the core game was $60 and gave access to not only PvE but also WvW and PvP. HoT is just PvE with some PvP/WvW being release alongside (I cannot see them restricting players who don’t own HoT out of the borderlands; I cannot see them restricting players out of Stronghold with the current system).

So where’s the $50 worth of content Anet? Please, show me. Do that, and I’ll buy the game.

You’re the salesman Anet, so make me want the game.

I’m tired of this content crap from everyone…it’s not that hard to figure out how much content map wise we’re getting from this…and they even gave more of a hint in todays blog post telling us one of the locations where you’ll be able to obtain a Guild Hall from, which is an entire map in of itself. We know one map is Verdant Brink, we knot that Mordremoth is presumed to be in Magus Falls, and from the trailer that certainly looked like ocean in the distance. Taking out the GW2 world map and juxtaposing Verdant Brink near SW and DT, then going west to Magus Falls and north to the edge of the Magumma Waste…perhaps as far south as Rata Sum. Hell, let’s be generous and just say HoT is going to encompass the entire remaining uncovered jungle between SW/DT, Rata Sum, Maguuma Wastes and The Undending Ocean…then take the 3 biomes from each zone and lay them out flat side by side(so you can do an equal comparison to the core game). Now try and tell me the expansion content won’t be worth $50…and even if it doesn’t cover that whole area, you still need to take each zones biomes and lay them down on a flat surface side by side to compare the amount of land content to the core game(which has hardly any verticality in it).

Veterans are not Greedy.

papry.8096

you still need to take each zones biomes and lay them down on a flat surface side by side to compare the amount of land content to the core game(which has hardly any verticality in it).

Did you already see the 3 biomes per map in-game action ? Because I haven’t.

(edited by papry.8096)

Veterans are not Greedy.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

We all bought Toy2 with the expectation that it would change and update.

Yes we did but over time players found that this just wasn’t enough to keep them playing with toy2 anymore and asked for toy2e to be made.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Veterans are not Greedy.

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

XD. For veteran Only.

We are so greedy.

And in return they lose access to one of the core classes that you got ‘guaranteed’ access to when you bought the game three years ago.

Everybody who’s never bought slots will, in HoT, have five slots to split between nine classes. Nobody’s gaining or losing anything they didn’t already have/not have.

Seriously. Slots are not that expensive. Yes, it was churlish of ArenaNet to not include one in the budget-priced expansion, but I would posit that the sixth slot should be a bonus for everyone, not just vets. They already practically give the base game away on Special Event Weekends as it is, why is this such a poopocalypse?

Seriously. This is not the issue we should be concerned with. The issue we should be concerned with is the appalling and unacceptable lack of a physical Collector’s Edition. I need a gloriously oversized RevLock statue to sit on my shelf next to my OG Rytlock.

WHERE MY SWAG @, ANET

Buy my slots for me then.

No.

Veterans are not Greedy.

hapvis.7059

Thanks for read the story. I did have good time to play some free contents in these three years. Unfortunately, no players can replay these Living World season1’s contents because these story already become history. The Living World season2’s contents are not free for all Veterans because Anet give these stories for the players played at that time for free. You can treat these as the rewards to be a no-AFK players. Please stop to say the Veterans players got these contents in hands and all free. The only thing Veterans got is the good memories and those achievement points because ArenaNet took those contents back.
Another point is ArenaNet used no subscription fee and free living story contents to attract players to play GW2. It can’t treat this business strategy as Veterans’ benefit after 3 years.
At least , ArenaNet should give serial number of GW2 core back to Veteran players who paid $50 for GW2:HoT + GW2 core. All customers pay $50 for a product which has two items inside. ArneaNet can’t take GW2 core back because customers had it before.

Veterans are not Greedy.

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

No.