*Video* Angry Joe GW2: HoT Interview!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: AngryJoeShow.5864

AngryJoeShow.5864

Hey guys!
Thanks so much for all the awesome questions and bringing me up to speed from our previous thread! Hope you like this video interview! I’ll be putting together some gameplay videos soon!

Video Link: http://youtu.be/sG5oUKqbIVM

Embed test:
<iframe width=“640” height=“360” src=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/sG5oUKqbIVM” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posted by: Chaos.2108

Chaos.2108

Yay! Thank you. I hope to see you coming back soon Joe, love your videos.

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

He’ll only cover it until it’s released and then maybe up to a month worth of the launch hype and then fade away until the next expansion.

Although, you can’t blame him since he’s more of a news channel than a gameplay channel.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Good news people: They will be looking at the base professions to improve stuff.

Posted by: Chaos.2108

Chaos.2108

He’ll only cover it until it’s released and then maybe up to a month worth of the launch hype and then fade away until the next expansion.

Although, you can’t blame him since he’s more of a news channel than a gameplay channel.

Oh yeah, I get that, but 2 or 3 more videos of GW2 would be welcome. (:

Posted by: DocZed.6973

DocZed.6973

Very well conducted and very informative!
Thanks for bringing our words to the developers and thanks for another stellar video, Joe!

All 9 classes leveled and geared to 80!
Remnants of Hope [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: sean.6058

sean.6058

Can’t wait for the jumping puzzle leaderboards! Thanks for asking that question btw.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

People post what new info was learned in the interview for those of us that can’t watch it at the moment.

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Hi Joe! For a guy who hasn’t played the game in 2 years, those were pretty good questions. Very informative. Thanks, man.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Finally, I was just wondering earlier today why they let those other youtubers and streamers post videos just made yesterday at the ANet offices and yet they hadn’t let you post yours made a week ago.

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Thank you Joe! These are some really good infos.

I hope you going to make a review after the release…

Keep it up boss!

#I no words have"

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Great Interview, gZ!

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i gotta say, i underestimated your interview. really solid stuff.

just let the devs talk a little bit more next time before your excitement interrupts them and we lose potentially interesting tidbits :P

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Finally, I was just wondering earlier today why they let those other youtubers and streamers post videos just made yesterday at the ANet offices and yet they hadn’t let you post yours made a week ago.

Everyone who was at the HoT preview were under embargo. That means that no one who was at the ANet offices a week ago was allowed to post videos videos before yesterday. Well videos about the game itself though.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Everyone who was at the HoT preview were under embargo. That means that no one who was at the ANet offices a week ago was allowed to post videos videos before yesterday. Well videos about the game itself though.

Well I suppose they could have, but that’d be a really bad idea and would have to be spurred on by either overwhelming negative news or overwhelming desire to see what happens when you break a NDA.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Map size? evaded.
Guild halls? eeevaded
Raids, instanced challenging content? dodged
Zathain fight was cool? As long as smashing #2 button is your definition of end boss…

You’re too soft Joe. It’s not asking the right questions that matters, it’s getting the answers to those questions that does. A great review is when you do, most of the time against the initial intention of the person being interviewed. You didn’t bust Colin once on him evading the main question and starting up PR jibba-jabba.

That being said it’s an accetable review as you did walk away with information of some attention being payed to base professions, new wvw map being available to everyone, same with stronghold and that wyvern boss fight footage (which tells more then the whole talking imho.

Knighthonor.4061

Once again Long bow Guardian is shown.

Also Looks like a Revenant with some kind of glowing off hand weapon. is that a Focus?

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

It’s a pretty solid interview. I’m glad Joe gets new information, especially the part about arenanet going back to old professions as well is pretty kitten relevant. Of course we don’t get details on how significant this is going to be. There was some fear that old professions were going to be neglected and only get Specializations to bring them up to date.

And the new WvW borderland map is going to be an addition to the base game, that’s very relevant as well. Some of the new mechanics and things discussed about sound really interesting. Like Keeps with different elements, and each has their own advantage. Keep that’s underground. Controlling parts of the map seems to be very different than just a % boost, for example the Earth keep can raise stone barriers and Air Keep can use big gusts of wind to knock players away.

Unfortunately a lot of stuff is still not ready to be talked about. It was still a very informative interview with some critical questions being asked.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Map size? evaded.
Guild halls? eeevaded
Raids, instanced challenging content? dodged
Zathain fight was cool? As long as smashing #2 button is your definition of end boss…

Sounded like he said “looks cool” to me, which was basically a PR admission of “yeah, we know”.

You’re too soft Joe. It’s not asking the right questions that matters, it’s getting the answers to those questions that does. A great review is when you do, most of the time against the initial intention of the person being interviewed. You didn’t bust Colin once on him evading the main question and starting up PR jibba-jabba.

Doing such things might be entertaining to cynical people who want to see points get scored on Colin or whomever they put in front of the mic, but it doesn’t exactly leave either the interviewee or other potential interviewees willing to cooperate. Especially if the idea of a good interview is to push someone when they are clearly not answering the questions. Pushing won’t get the answers. It’ll get a stonewall in return, and the more you do it, the more likely it is you will get more clipped, short, and chilly answers which give even less information than the ramblings we got now.

The meat of an interview such as this one is in two parts of the footage.

First, what they did elaborate on or reveal which is new. Some of this was new information, particularly about them wanting to roll some of these systems out into the old world as well. Colin talked a bit about some new (at least I don’t recall it talked about yet) aspects for WvW it sounds like with the elemental shrines and effects.

Secondly, the alternative way to get information is to note what things weren’t talked about and look for an absence of information. These are the things to keep note of for the next round of released information – if they’re not talking about it, one can infer it’s not ready yet to really be talked about. (As per the communication policy, they don’t talk about things “in development”.) If they didn’t talk about something other than to say “it’s being looked at”, then it’s time to make a list of that mentally and cross-check it against new data being released. The more cycles go on past the initial “no comment” type response . . . the more likely it is that item will not be in there.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I don’t care about “points vs Colin”. I care about new information. If you go there only to learn what already has been shared on the whole internet, then there’s not really much of a point to the trip, now is there.

Joe should’ve pushed Colin more, like “Colin, that was not the question. I asked about map size in the x-pac.” Sure he could answer “we can’t reveal that yet” and fine. But at least he’d know he can’t eel his way that easily out of giving some new feedback.

If you’re not gonna drop fresh information, then don’t make interviews for people who rode across the country for this specific event. If you do, you gotta be ready to spill some beans, and it’s the interviewer’s job to rip out as many of those as possible.

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Thanks for the intervew. However, most points are evaded… Too bad >_< The only thing I find really interesting is about new types of weapons, when Joa talked about a pike, Coline said “not yet”. I assume we will someday see new types of weapons.

Now let’s wait for the release…

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I don’t care about “points vs Colin”. I care about new information. If you go there only to learn what already has been shared on the whole internet, then there’s not really much of a point to the trip, now is there.

Joe should’ve pushed Colin more, like “Colin, that was not the question. I asked about map size in the x-pac.” Sure he could answer “we can’t reveal that yet” and fine. But at least he’d know he can’t eel his way that easily out of giving some new feedback.

If you’re not gonna drop fresh information, then don’t make interviews for people who rode across the country for this specific event. If you do, you gotta be ready to spill some beans, and it’s the interviewer’s job to rip out as many of those as possible.

I think that ArenaNet’s reason for inviting Angry Joe to this was to generate publicity and get the information out to his almost 2 million subscribers who might not know about it but may be interested and not to share new information with their forum goers who already know everything.

Sure, I would like it if he was willing to share more information but Colin is not on trial here and Joe cannot push him too hard.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I must say, that Colin does always is very expressive in his face when faced with certain questions. I mean, I’m not sure I’m happy or not happy that they can’t talk about certain things. I mean Molyneux talked about EVERYTHING, and then didn’t deliver, while ArenaNet always tends to be very cautious with what they show, and even then sometimes make changes not everyone likes. (Maybe a little too cautious at times).

I think that for now Colin did talk about alot of things, and I must agree that telling us that they’re not ready to talk about something, might mean that they will talk about something in the future that lies in the same directions.

About the size of the expansion, he said that the expansion pack is very feature heavy, which might mean that the actual map additions might be on the smaller size. Although he did not say it’s exactly this and that size, but I would say that that is all very subjective and it won’t be a good answer if he says its big or if it’s small. Which is all the same with all the other questions.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Thanks Joe, for getting in my question about the end boss being better then what we got in vanilla. Also I did catch that he did not make any promise it would be better. However he basically took that safe route of saying “our past work shows we have improved on that part.” Not surprising. I am still worried about it being rushed out the door again. I rather it get delayed then having content that is overly buggy or completely unfinished again. Since Arena Net has shown no interest in going back and redoing things like that Zhaitan fight.

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

been a joe fan for a long time he is really good at what he does.

-Ironcurtain

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Good interview. Thumbs up.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Hey guys!
Thanks so much for all the awesome questions and bringing me up to speed from our previous thread! Hope you like this video interview! I’ll be putting together some gameplay videos soon!

Video Link: http://youtu.be/sG5oUKqbIVM

Embed test:
<iframe width=“640” height=“360” src=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/sG5oUKqbIVM” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe I love your stuff but I have to say I think you go way too easy on ArenaNet! Compare this interview to your Paradox interview and I think you’ll see what I mean.

Posted by: Cash.2385

Cash.2385

Good Stuff Joe.

I want to see different fighter stance’s and fighting styles. Your characters idle standing animation/ Fighting/ Walking. I was hoping this is what they meant by specialization. If they worked different motion capture for all the different runes to add to your armor, I would really enjoy the different builds with fresh moves.

Thank you for HoT interview.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Joe I love your stuff but I have to say I think you go way too easy on ArenaNet! Compare this interview to your Paradox interview and I think you’ll see what I mean.

He was easier on Arena Net, but to Arena Nets credit they have never released an completely broken game.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I soo hate this “we cant talk about anything, but you can ask what you want” anet thing

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Still, good interview…i’m impressed by AngryJoe being on track even if he ain’t actively playing, which means he has done his homework.

Much professionality, so angry, wow.

Also i read often between the lines when colin freezes before he answers, because i believe there’s a skrittload of stuffs he would talk about but actually can’t. Hope they release more juicy info soon.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

He was easier on Arena Net, but to Arena Nets credit they have never released an completely broken game.

Depends on who you ask.

They did launch with a completely borked Black Lion though.

Posted by: tfcgeneralkmk.9508

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

Still, good interview…i’m impressed by AngryJoe being on track even if he ain’t actively playing, which means he has done his homework.

Much professionality, so angry, wow.

Also i read often between the lines when colin freezes before he answers, because i believe there’s a skrittload of stuffs he would talk about but actually can’t. Hope they release more juicy info soon.

there was a really long thread in this subforum where joe solicited the community for questions that we wanted asked

as for the interview i love it when developers seem generally excited for what they are doing and colin fits the bill and it seems to me that he would really want to talk about some things but higher ups decided he can’t

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

True but they’ve only released two games that I’m aware of; GW and GW2. I don’t count Factions and Nightfall as separate games as they use the same game engine and are just re-skins of Prophecies. While they are stand-alone games they should be considered very large expansions.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Angry Joe, who hasn’t played the game for 2 years, to come out harder on them would be pretty silly. He’s not as invested into ArenaNet as he is into Paradox’s games. He wouldn’t be able to make a very strong point about the things he only knows about second hand.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Good decent interview. I appreciate it Joe

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Thanks for the interview Angry Joe!

I appreciate you taking the time to ask us what questions we’d like answered. I didn’t think they’d really share any new info, especially on guild halls/other profs/etc, but thanks for asking. At least you did get a little bit of new info out of them:

stronghold, the new WvW map, and Guildhalls being open to everyone but missing some features without HoT. Also that “auto select stronghold” check box for PvP, I’d love to have a list of maps that it will just auto pick for me.

Some sneak peaks at the new BL map they will be showing off this weekend, most likely. How 1 keep, fire?, was underground, another was high up and had gusts of wind to knock people off, and the earth one would summon walls to break up an enemy zerg. Really makes me wonder how those things will be implemented, can the defenders place/activate them when they want or will they be automated? With the stability changes, the air temple sounds fricken scary.

Always appreciated Joe!

Knighthonor.4061

The interview didn’t get us any new information. Which makes it a poorly done publicity stunt.
AngryJoe doesn’t play GW2, so he didn’t know the right questions to ask.
But man, he sure did ask all the wrong questions, and he let Anet doublespeak around the questions that they did agree to answer.

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

The interview didn’t get us any new information. Which makes it a poorly done publicity stunt.
But man, he sure did ask all the wrong questions, and he let Anet doublespeak around the questions that they did agree to answer.

then the community gave him the wrong questions to ask

and if he tried to force an answer guess what he wouldn’t be able to asking them anymore EVER probably

Knighthonor.4061

and if he tried to force an answer guess what he wouldn’t be able to asking them anymore EVER probably

I am not blaming him for those wrong questions, because like I said, he doesn’t play, and didn’t know any better.
Nor was I asking him to force questions.

But the fact he let Anet doublespeak around the questions that they did agree to answer, is a bad interview. You don’t let the person you are interviewing, start answering the question, to only deflect to a different subject and not really answer the question.

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

I am not blaming him for those wrong questions, because like I said, he doesn’t play, and didn’t know any better.
Nor was I asking him to force questions.

But the fact he let Anet doublespeak around the questions that they did agree to answer, is a bad interview. You don’t let the person you are interviewing, start answering the question, to only deflect to a different subject and not really answer the question.

its hard to do that without seeming forceful though and so often it is better for your career as a journalist which is essential what Joe is just for games/gamers to let them get around you a bit and still what information you can then put at risk getting any

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Once again Long bow Guardian is shown.

Also Looks like a Revenant with some kind of glowing off hand weapon. is that a Focus?

Time(s)?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…