Vinetooth Prime

Vinetooth Prime

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Achrya.7892

Achrya.7892

Hello!

I recently started Nevermore collection and i’d need to kill Vinetooth Prime for it.
Is it actually possible to do? People seem to be ignorant and not come when it’s up.
It’s impossible to take down with 10-15 people.

Any suggestions what could /should I do ?

Thanks.

A.

Vinetooth Prime

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Unfotunately…I had this issue as well…

I was fortunate enough to let a commander know; who was organizing at the gate right by the Prime, that I needed to kill it, and he was nice enough to lead the whole group into the cave and we took it down.

So I would say, find a map organizing for the meta…be that commander, or see if the commander at that gate would help you out. It may take a couple times, but there are some considerate commanders out there who woudl help with this.

Good Luck!

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Vinetooth Prime

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s easier to create a squad for it with players willing to bring, and use, CC on it. It’s been done with as few as a handful of players so you don’t need massive numbers as long as people do their part.

Vinetooth Prime

Achrya.7892

Hm, I guess i’ll have to organise one again, I tried it last time, people didn’t join, maybe 2-3 max. Everyone goes for South events mainly, east is being ignored

Vinetooth Prime

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You can do this event with fewer people than you think if those people are organized and everyone brings cc to break the bar.

Vinetooth Prime

Achrya.7892

Hello, quick update: Right after Meta ended I started to organise one, took me like half an hour, but managed to get a group of fellas who knew what they are doing so we killed it. It’s not hopeless at least!

Vinetooth Prime

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Now is my turn to do this…

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Vinetooth Prime

Posted by: Fancypants.9705

Fancypants.9705

People always seem to find this difficult… whenever i feel liek doing it i seem to find a squad pretty easily, that can complete it.

Vinetooth Prime

Posted by: AmaneSaiko.3417

AmaneSaiko.3417

Vinetooth Prime can defiantly be done with 10-15 people, it’s been done with less. The key is having everyone know what CC is, know where their CC is and know when to use their CC. If you don’t get at least one CC break you need a 30+ man squad’s dps to get him down.

The other option I have found that works is you bring 2-3 mesmers who know what they are doing. They can take care of the bar just by themselves by continuum splitting Signet of Humility (maybe add some Tides of Time too); takes the randomness of relying on people to CC perfectly every time.

Vinetooth Prime

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

This was terrible for me too. Went to 3 maps with a decent amount of people but hey CC is apparently smth really hard. It amazes me sometimes just how oblivious ppl can be of their own skills and the combat mechanics.

I ended up doing it with a 5 man group. Because of the scaling your own CC actually has some weight and it becomes much easier.

Vinetooth Prime

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

5-6 people who know how to break his bar will do the quick job.

My friends need to kill him for collection. So after the meta reset . We formed the party and do the east event without advertising.

This way I don’t have to deal with additional mindless autoattack afkers that make our work harder.

Vinetooth Prime

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

5-6 people who know how to break his bar will do the quick job.

My friends need to kill him for collection. So after the meta reset . We formed the party and do the east event without advertising.

This way I don’t have to deal with additional mindless autoattack afkers that make our work harder.

Agreed.

I’ve only ever seen one 20+ player zerg kill it without being able to CC. We had reasonable DPS, players were skilled enough to stay alive, and those downed were willing to WP to rejoin the fight quickly. Unfortunately the usual random zerg has none of those qualities, so best bet is still a small CC-capable group.

Vinetooth Prime

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

I think this is the event I abhor the most in the game. Whoever thought that creating an event that pretty much requires application of CC at set times was a good idea when your average pug doesn’t even know what CC is or how to dodge or that standing there just hitting the auto at range isn’t the best idea when an event scales and is on a timer should be fired if it were for me.

If you want to teach players how to use CC, don’t do it in an event that I require for a few things and that keeps failing even though I try to tell people ahead of time what CC is, to bring the right skills and when to use it. I’ve been doing this event probably around 15-20 times, and managed to get a kill once. Keeping an eye out for squads to do it, trying to do it few people, trying to organize it myself.

If I could do it completely solo, fine. But having the success be dependent on all those ignorant people really sucks all fun out of this for me.