Viper's (new DPS) Insignia/Inscription Mats

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Knight Vanir.6921

Knight Vanir.6921

Vipers: Power/Condi majors with Precision/Expertise minors

These stats will likely become very popular. They allow for a balanced build on both power/condi damage. Buy it before prices go sky high. I’m surprised nobody put this info up.

Recipe Requirements:
Exalted Lore lvl II (buy from Auric Basin merchants)
250 Aurillium each
10 silver

Crafting:
Insignia:
5 Gossamer Patches
5 Ecto
30 Leaf Fossils
3 Black diamonds

5 Ecto
30 Leaf Fossils
3 Black diamonds

Note: Suck it flippers!!!

Posted by: Knight Vanir.6921

Knight Vanir.6921

price is already going higher. 30s—>48s

so who’s all gonna use this stat?

cough bump

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

just 3 diamonds per item is easy to farm though, if you know where.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

I think Thief could make use out of it, since quite a lot of their power weapons, specifically dagger, have extra conditions on them, so using Viper’s for Hybrid builds could be quite nice. and the condi duration will help with keeping the Weakness up from Lotus Poison.

Could be nice on Revenant if you want to run Mallyx/Glint or Mallyx/Shiro without having to take Celestial.

Theres also a discussion about Viper’s for Necromancer in the Necro section of the forum.

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

Sorry but how “major” is it? If it was a pvp amulet would it be a 1200 or 900 or something else? I could see this being perfect for Burn Guard since precision isn’t that great and expertise would be much better.

Posted by: Rybot.8097

Rybot.8097

I haven’t found anything about the black diamonds on the wiki. Can someone tell me what they drop from? I’m looking to build my burnserker with some viper pieces.

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Sorry but how “major” is it? If it was a pvp amulet would it be a 1200 or 900 or something else? I could see this being perfect for Burn Guard since precision isn’t that great and expertise would be much better.

Like 1050,1050,500?,500?

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

So, this stat combo is really in direct competition with Sinister stats as they’re both glass cannon condition stats (although Viper has a bit more power). Because of this, I think a lot of people are waiting to any theorycrafting to show whether this is better than sinister for their build. Because of that, I think one of the big community names in PvE could probably make a big impact on this market just by posting a video on how much better/worse these stats are than Sinister.

Posted by: Hahatoon.3608

Hahatoon.3608

How viper’s recipes can be obtained? Got only one for helm and don’t remember how :P

(edited by Hahatoon.3608)

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Any tip on how acquire Black Diamonds?

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

Posted by: JiiJii.1634

JiiJii.1634

A major thing to note is that condition duration food buffs that used to give +40% condition duration have been nerfed to only give +20% condition duration. This might mean that many people who use sinister and had +100% condition duration before HoT will need to switch to viper in order to keep all their condition durations at +100%. I just wonder if it’s worth it to switch from sinister over to viper.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Any tip on how acquire Black Diamonds?

They drop pretty commonly from the chests under Tarrir.

After a win there are 27 chests under Tarrir, I generally get 2-3 black diamonds from opening all of them.

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

This will be super good for dhummfire reaper.

Posted by: Slartibartfast.5416

Slartibartfast.5416

Silly question, but is Viper’s stats only available for ascended gear, not exotic?

I bind all of my keys to Gravedigger and rapidly roll my face across the keyboard while screaming
“I am teh Leetness!” at the top of my lungs, while rubbing baby oil all over myself.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Silly question, but is Viper’s stats only available for ascended gear, not exotic?

They are available for exotic gear.
The recipes for the armor and weapons are on the tp or random drops as recipes books (in auric basin, i think).
The inscription and insignia recipes have to be bought from a vendor.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: rudi.6819

rudi.6819

how do i craft the armor though? i mean where can i get the recipies.. might be a dumb question but kitten me if i know :P

Posted by: Slapinator.4196

Slapinator.4196

Are we ever going to be able to buy Ascended Accessories with these stats and the rest of the new ones ?

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

Being opening hundred of airship cargo, still hadn’t got anywhere with Black Diamonds.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

So, this stat combo is really in direct competition with Sinister stats as they’re both glass cannon condition stats (although Viper has a bit more power). Because of this, I think a lot of people are waiting to any theorycrafting to show whether this is better than sinister for their build. Because of that, I think one of the big community names in PvE could probably make a big impact on this market just by posting a video on how much better/worse these stats are than Sinister.

Viper will likely win out, simply because it has everything that Sinister has in addition to duration, which is a pretty big deal for condition stacking. That being said right now you need to do a mix of sinister and viper simply because we don’t have any ascended viper trinkets as far as I am aware. I THINK we have viper exotic trinkets though? Not sure.

Posted by: Solek.3267

Solek.3267

The Mordrem Loop amulet from the Story Act 4 Achievement has Viper as a choice. So there is technically an ascended trinket (amulet) with Viper stats.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

The Mordrem Loop amulet from the Story Act 4 Achievement has Viper as a choice. So there is technically an ascended trinket (amulet) with Viper stats.

Aaaah I was hoping that would be the case, I’ll need to get that. Thank you.

Posted by: Xytl.8659

Xytl.8659

price is already going higher. 30s—>48s

so who’s all gonna use this stat?

cough bump

Condition engineer sees a DPS increase by using viper armor and weapons over sinister.

Aratyl ~Gate of Madness
Co-Leader of the Get Fresh Crew