Warning - HoT removes Tyria Dailies

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Between July 27, 2016 and Jan 14, 2017, I tracked 168 of the 172 daily items. That’s 168 × 4 = 672 total PvE dailies*. 54 of them were HoT. That’s less than 10%, so the problem isn’t severe.

\* I did not count festivals.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Between July 27, 2016 and Jan 14, 2017, I tracked 168 of the 172 daily items. That’s 168 × 4 = 672 total PvE dailies*. 54 of them were HoT. That’s less than 10%, so the problem isn’t severe.

\* I did not count festivals.

Thanks for the data.

tl;dr for thread title: “HoT changes 10% of PvE dailies from Central Tyria to Heart of Maguuma”

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

For example, there’s always one harvesting daily. Core has access to 18 of those (6 regions, 3 harvesting types each). HoT accounts do not replace those with 3 new ones, but rather expand that list to a total of 21 options (18 from core, 3 from hot).

I’m pretty sure this is false. The HoT ones replace the corresponding Tyrian ones. If you’re playing without HoT enabled, you’ll still see four; the Tyrian one that was “covered up” by the HoT one.

This has to be true, otherwise people who don’t have HoT would be missing a daily.

However, what is not known is how often the HoT option(s) are chosen. But, when one is chosen, it replaces the Tyrian one (for HoT owners).

What they SHOULD have done is add a fifth daily option, but only allow us to fulfill 4 of them (for rewards). The fifth option could be HoT plus other content, like Wastes and Season 3, perhaps.

Astralporing isn’t wrong. The HoT ones don’t remove any of the Core Tyria ones. They just add to the pool of possible dailies.

And there are 2 sets of possible dailies: one for those with HoT and one for those without HoT.

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

It isn’t two sets. It’s one list that has parameters which dictate whether or not you can see/complete each daily.

You can probably run through the info and see how/when/if it overwrites the daily flagged with only “GuildWars2”, but my guess would be that it overwrites it with the one flagged with only “HeartOfThorns”.

G R E E N E R

Seera.5916

It isn’t two sets. It’s one list that has parameters which dictate whether or not you can see/complete each daily.

You can probably run through the info and see how/when/if it overwrites the daily flagged with only “GuildWars2”, but my guess would be that it overwrites it with the one flagged with only “HeartOfThorns”.

There’s a set of dailies for those with just the core and those with core and HoT.

How the game figures out which set of dailies to give to a player is irrelevant. And how similar/different the sets are is also irrelevant.

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

There’s a set of dailies for those with just the core and those with core and HoT.

How the game figures out which set of dailies to give to a player is irrelevant. And how similar/different the sets are is also irrelevant.

How you choose to break up sets and subsets is arbitrary, but all accounts get access to that same list each day. Accounts without HoT throw out the daily flagged with only “HeartOfThorns”. Presumably accounts with HoT throw out the daily flagged with only
“GuildWars2”. Same list, with flagged restriction.

You can also view it as subsets. Given the list with {A, B, C, D, E} all having “max” = 80; {A, B, C,} flagged as “GuildWars2” and “HeartOfThorns”; {D} flagged as “GuildWars2”; and {E} flagged as “HeartOfThorns”; the subset containing “GuildWars2” would be {A, B, C, D}; the subset containing “HeartOfThorns” would be {A, B, C, E}.

G R E E N E R

Seera.5916

How you choose to break up sets and subsets is arbitrary, but all accounts get access to that same list each day. Accounts without HoT throw out the daily flagged with only “HeartOfThorns”. Presumably accounts with HoT throw out the daily flagged with only
“GuildWars2”. Same list, with flagged restriction.

You can also view it as subsets. Given the list with {A, B, C, D, E} all having “max” = 80; {A, B, C,} flagged as “GuildWars2” and “HeartOfThorns”; {D} flagged as “GuildWars2”; and {E} flagged as “HeartOfThorns”; the subset containing “GuildWars2” would be {A, B, C, D}; the subset containing “HeartOfThorns” would be {A, B, C, E}.

It’s still different sets of dailies no matter how you phrase it back to me.

I’m fully aware that the game likely pulls from one master set to form at least 3 sets of dailies (Max level with HoT, Max level without HoT, not max level). There are likely more than 3 to account for players whose max level character isn’t level 80 yet, but also isn’t level 2 anymore.

Daddicus.6128

Astralporing isn’t wrong. The HoT ones don’t remove any of the Core Tyria ones. They just add to the pool of possible dailies.

And there are 2 sets of possible dailies: one for those with HoT and one for those without HoT.

According to the wiki, today, if you own HoT, you get Auric Basin events and the other three from Core Tyria. I have verified this.

However, if you don’t own HoT, you get Wayfarer Foothills instead. I can’t verify this. Can someone without HoT verify?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No real need. The Wiki pulls its information from the API.

Seera.5916

According to the wiki, today, if you own HoT, you get Auric Basin events and the other three from Core Tyria. I have verified this.

However, if you don’t own HoT, you get Wayfarer Foothills instead. I can’t verify this. Can someone without HoT verify?

But owning HoT doesn’t remove any of the options from the pool.

I’m able to get non-HoT specific dailies when they get chosen from the list. There’ve been several days recently where that’s happened. Some of them got posted in this thread.

Let’s say there are 50 possible daily options from the core game. And there are 10 specific HoT ones. Players with HoT don’t have 50 possible options. They have 60. The 10 HoT specific ones did not replace 10 core ones, they got added.

All that’s happened is a reduced chance of having core Tyria dailies due to HoT options being added. Nothing was removed.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

But owning HoT doesn’t remove any of the options from the pool.

I’m able to get non-HoT specific dailies when they get chosen from the list. There’ve been several days recently where that’s happened. Some of them got posted in this thread.

Let’s say there are 50 possible daily options from the core game. And there are 10 specific HoT ones. Players with HoT don’t have 50 possible options. They have 60. The 10 HoT specific ones did not replace 10 core ones, they got added.

All that’s happened is a reduced chance of having core Tyria dailies due to HoT options being added. Nothing was removed.

Yes. What that means in practice is that tasks like Shiverpeaks Miner, Orr Vista Viewer or the various event zones occur almost as frequently as they would for a core-only account. At the other end of the spectrum, the boss metas — which used to pop a few times a month — might be seen every few months at best. It’s easier to conclude that some tasks have been removed the shorter the sample one looks at, but that’s a sampling error. There’s also a “feel” issue where a task that once popped 2-3 times a month — like a meta-boss — and now pops semi-annually or something like that is likely to feel all but gone.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Okay I’m not really seeing that much of an issue here.

Anyone who’s in a guild with a guild hall that’s reasonably upgraded can get the gathering daily in their guild hall> If not, it’s not that hard to get anyway. Vista is dead easy. HoT vistas can even be gotten in the new zones like Bloodstone Fen or Ember Bay.

So we’re really talking things like adventures, or more, I don’t get the daily to do the fire ele that often anymore.

But the funny bit is, the fire ele is still there. The great jungle wurm? Still there. The Frozen Maw? It’s all still there.

So you’re missing out on one rare that’s worth some silver, on a few days, during which you might have to get a vista in HoT or do some hot events on maps full of people doing those events?

Or go to a PvP daily room and cooperatively skip it.

We just had weeks of wintersday and now we have weeks of the New Year. You should be getting 1-2 dalies just from that anyway.

The headline news that expansions might alter game play is hardly breaking news or shouldn’t be. The six guys that are grieved that ZOMG I have to change my routine in an MMO are going to leave, just like people leave when their favorite build is nerfed, or they don’t like a balance patch. It happens in MMOs all the time, and it’s nothing to write home about.

This is simply a non-issue.

If you really want to do the fire ele, go do it. It’s still there. The dailies are easy enough to do 99% of the time and if you miss a day here or there? There’s a cap anyway. It’ll just take you a bit longer to hit it.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It really isn’t an issue. Which is why I hate overly dramatic titles because that often mades it hard for anyone to listen even if you have legitimate complaints.

To be fair, not everyone has access to a guild hall though.

Adventures might be worth complaining about as dailies because one may have not gotten there yet. For example, it wasn’t until a few months into HoT that I even arrived in Tangled Depths.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

That’s true. But (what i meant, and Seera explained), having a HoT account will not prevent you from ever getting Wayfarer Foothill events daily. Nor does it prevent you from ever getting shiverpeak harvesting daily. The chance for any zone/region (including HoT ones) is the same, which means that most of the days you will see core ones, not those from expac.

If you have 18 white marbles in a box, and you add 3 black marbles to that box, if you pick one at random you will still be able to get white ones. It’s just that, from time to time, you will get a black one.

Thus, saying that adding those 3 black ones to the mix somehow removed all the white ones is simply not true.

The only slot where expac might have changed the situation significantly is the one where world bosses resided. That one box got a lot of black marbles added to it. And many of them weren’t really that nice.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Daddicus.6128

Agreed. But, that does lean in the direction the OP was stating. However, the other options still exist. I’ve also been able to do Wayfarer’s since the changes, so I know they’re not gone. They’re just not as common as they were (to a small degree, that is).

Daddicus.6128

Yes. What that means in practice is that tasks like Shiverpeaks Miner, Orr Vista Viewer or the various event zones occur almost as frequently as they would for a core-only account. At the other end of the spectrum, the boss metas — which used to pop a few times a month — might be seen every few months at best. It’s easier to conclude that some tasks have been removed the shorter the sample one looks at, but that’s a sampling error. There’s also a “feel” issue where a task that once popped 2-3 times a month — like a meta-boss — and now pops semi-annually or something like that is likely to feel all but gone.

Agreed.

I think what they should have done is give us something like 7-10 categories, and let us pick 4 of them (the first four we do). So, there might be a gathering, a vista/activity/mystic, zone events, zone events in HoT zones, bosses, adventures, JPs, etc. There would be one each day in each row, but we could only get rewards for the same number as now (3 = big reward plus 3 small rewards, and a 4th small reward if we’re ambitious that day. The others would just grey out once we’ve done the first four.

For flavor, they could auto-grey some number of rows each day, giving us only (say) 5 to pick from instead of all 7 (my list — I expect there are more).

Daddicus.6128

Thus, saying that adding those 3 black ones to the mix somehow removed all the white ones is simply not true.

Agreed. At worst, it replaced 3 of the 18. More likely, at some rate a black marble replaces a white one. I don’t think they’re fixed (in other words, I don’t think Wayfarer’s is always replaced by AB).

What bothers me is that you can have two HoT dailies on the same day. The way it is currently set up, that forces us to play in HoT for at least one.

But, as you and others have been saying, small problem. Not huge.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s not a “problem” — It’s a question of preferences (and of naming conventions).

Some people seem to prefer avoiding HoT even after buying it, although most people seem to prefer it this way. In addition, some people in this thread have digressed to discussing other concerns they have about dailies generally (nothing to do with HoT vs Core).

Arguably, the only “problem” is that the OP was surprised that buying HoT would affect the game beyond adding new zones and features.

IndigoSundown.5419

It’s not a “problem” — It’s a question of preferences (and of naming conventions).

Some people seem to prefer avoiding HoT even after buying it, although most people seem to prefer it this way. In addition, some people in this thread have digressed to discussing other concerns they have about dailies generally (nothing to do with HoT vs Core).

Arguably, the only “problem” is that the OP was surprised that buying HoT would affect the game beyond adding new zones and features.

Yeah, I agree, the OP was blindsided by the effect that HoT had on his (?) preferred content. I admit, though that if dailies are one’s preferred content, the game has all but ceased to be relevant to one’s life.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

There’s always PvP dailies which you can do in a daily room without PvPing, in addition to usually two easy dailies that anyone can do.

I think not all people want to go out of their way just to get the daily completion.

I notice this myself when playing and having fun doing what I like to do and at the end I still don’t have daily completion. I know it’s easy but its a bother. I sometimes don’t bother because its just not worth making me feel less content with my play session.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There’s always PvP dailies which you can do in a daily room without PvPing, in addition to usually two easy dailies that anyone can do.

I think not all people want to go out of their way just to get the daily completion.

I notice this myself when playing and having fun doing what I like to do and at the end I still don’t have daily completion. I know it’s easy but its a bother. I sometimes don’t bother because its just not worth making me feel less content with my play session.

And that’s fine: the system is designed so that one has to put in some effort to get dailies; they aren’t given out automatically, unlike login rewards which are given out without our having to do a thing.

• Login rewards: no bother
  • Dailies: easy, with a bit of bother.

Regardless, this thread wasn’t about whether dailies are easy enough or too hard or should be overhauled or should have a separate tab for HoT…

The OP claimed that HoT removes dailies from Core Tyria. The data shows that it’s not true: 90% of PvE dailies remain unchanged (and of course PvP and WvW dailies aren’t directly affected by HoT).

Vayne.8563

You’re free not to do dailies but obviously some people, like the OP feel dailies must be done, thus I’m giving them a route to do it. Ten minutes for 2 gold and 3 spirit shards is a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Posted by: pfc.9430

pfc.9430

I do my 3 dailies at every reset, I never touch any HoT content to do them.

Posted by: Tatwi.3562

Tatwi.3562

…obviously some people, like the OP feel dailies must be done, ….

That wasn’t my point at all. My points were really as simple as this:

1. I didn’t pay $40 to remove things I enjoy from the game. “Expansions” should expand on the available content, not replace it (GW2 isn’t WoW after all).

2. I should NEVER log into the game and discover that I CAN’T do something I enjoy, simply because someone at the game company thought it would be cool to take that content away. It’s never OK to do this to a paying customer, not even for a single day (that may well be the only day of the week/month the customer has to use the product).

Sure, I could do other things for the daily reward, but without HoT on my account I don’t have to do those other things that I don’t enjoy, so that’s the best solution for me; I don’t feel like I am missing out on anything, because most of the HoT content is stuff I don’t enjoy anyway.

Ps. This is a good example of why I feel content should be released on a per system basis, so folks can buy just the parts that they actually want to use. Bundles can be made for convenience for people who want to save a few clicks. Also, it would be a handy way for the game company to see exactly the kind of content that earns them money. Right now it seems that ArenaNet are stuck in a feedback loop where they make a lot of cosmetics, because the cosmetics sell, because there isn’t much else to buy so… people buy cosmetics! If they put more stuff up for sale, people will buy a wider variety of stuff (shared inventory slots being a recent great example. Mounts, houses, furniture, raids, general maps, pvp maps, and dungeons would likely sell really well and they’ve basically chosen to not have people throw money at them for these things for the past 4+ years).

Illconceived Was Na.9781

1. HoT did expand on the available content; dailies are objectives, not content.
2. You still can do the same things you enjoy; they only changed the rewards for doing things

Besides which, less than 10% of the dailies are affected by HoT.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Ps. This is a good example of why I feel content should be released on a per system basis, so folks can buy just the parts that they actually want to use. Bundles can be made for convenience for people who want to save a few clicks. Also, it would be a handy way for the game company to see exactly the kind of content that earns them money. Right now it seems that ArenaNet are stuck in a feedback loop where they make a lot of cosmetics, because the cosmetics sell, because there isn’t much else to buy so… people buy cosmetics! If they put more stuff up for sale, people will buy a wider variety of stuff (shared inventory slots being a recent great example. Mounts, houses, furniture, raids, general maps, pvp maps, and dungeons would likely sell really well and they’ve basically chosen to not have people throw money at them for these things for the past 4+ years).

People are really, really bad at predicting what they will enjoy; usually it turns out that if you give them what they ask for they remain unsatisfied.

This approach would take that to the Nth degree: now you can opt out of all the things that make the game feel alive, and you wind up in what amounts to a lobby game with whatever the “widely known” highest reward/time value content attached, and absolutely nothing else.

Which it turns out are kinda boring, and so people move on to the next thing.

Astralporing.1957

1. I didn’t pay $40 to remove things I enjoy from the game. “Expansions” should expand on the available content, not replace it (GW2 isn’t WoW after all).

2. I should NEVER log into the game and discover that I CAN’T do something I enjoy, simply because someone at the game company thought it would be cool to take that content away.

Then i have wonderful news for you. As far as dailies go, HoT didn’t go against those points.

1. The pool of dailies is expanded, not replaced.

2. HoT didn’t make you suddenly unable to do anything you could do before.

Actions, not words.

Vayne.8563

2. I should NEVER log into the game and discover that I CAN’T do something I enjoy, simply because someone at the game company thought it would be cool to take that content away. It’s never OK to do this to a paying customer, not even for a single day (that may well be the only day of the week/month the customer has to use the product).

Sure, I could do other things for the daily reward, but without HoT on my account I don’t have to do those other things that I don’t enjoy, so that’s the best solution for me; I don’t feel like I am missing out on anything, because most of the HoT content is stuff I don’t enjoy anyway.

All expansions remove something from the game in my experience, even if it’s only your favorite build when they redo skills. I’ve been playing MMOs for years and I’ve never seen an expansion that didn’t take away something I enjoyed somehow.

And again NONE of the content you’re talking about has been removed. That is to say the fire ele hasn’t been removed. It’s no longer a daily sometimes for some accounts. That’s not the same as removing content.

Things change in MMOs all the time. Anet removed dungeon rewards, but increased Fractal rewards, then went back and put dungeon rewards back up. They didn’t remove dungeons from the game, they changed the rewards, If you like dungeons you can still do dungeons.

You’re not complaining about content being removed, you’re complaining about your rewards for content not being the same. Changing what happens in dailies which has been done many times since the game launched, is not taking content away. It’s changing how content is accomplished.

When AC was upgraded they replaced one set of bossed with another. If you liked the old AC better, they took something away, but they added something in it’s place. They did the same for Tequatl and the Shatterer. They revamped the system.

If you like the old Shatterer better, because you want to stand there and press 1 and get a reward, well you’re out of luck. Technically they took the old shatterer away but all MMOs, at least all active ones update content.

Saying they’re taking away something when that content is still in the game is at least an overstatement.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I love how we have a page and a half explaining the OP how dailies work, and halfway the sevond page he returns to continue the conversation as if no information penetrated his grey mass. This topic is dead, guys, its clear now OP didnt come here for information or enlightenment

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think the title of the thread and the OP made it clear way before the middle of the second page.

It’s just a post/thread about dissatisfaction, plain and simple. No amount of information will change that.

Daddicus.6128

Yeah, I agree, the OP was blindsided by the effect that HoT had on his (?) preferred content. I admit, though that if dailies are one’s preferred content, the game has all but ceased to be relevant to one’s life.

Oh, I don’t know. This is probably something for another thread, but I like the dailies. Not exclusively. But, they give some structure to what I do.

If I ever do ONLY dailies, it’s time to quit. But, they’re towards the top of my list (probably because I like change-ups).

Tatwi.3562

I think the title of the thread and the OP made it clear way before the middle of the second page.

It’s just a post/thread about dissatisfaction, plain and simple. No amount of information will change that.

Indeed. The thread didn’t need all these posts by other people. It’s simply a complaint and a warning, because…

1. The reality is that owning HoT can cause one to lose access to a variety of dailies one previously had access to before they purchased HoT.
(Spinning the truth and applying personal preferences can’t change the fact that one can log in and not have access to a daily simply because HoT is enabled on their account)

2. This issue wasn’t documented anywhere else.
(It really kittened me off when I discovered it, after spending $40 on software that I couldn’t return for a refund; “Knowing is half the battle” – G.I. Joe)

3. ArenaNet customer support suggested that I make a post on their forum about the issue.
(I presume, because they couldn’t be bothered to do it themselves, but you’d have to ask “GM Maelstrom” about that)

Discussion wasn’t necessary.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No access is lost; additional content is offered. That some players choose not to avail themselves of said content is a personal choice.

Actually, it was documented. ArenaNet can’t control what players choose to read or not read. (Check the Wiki or the patch notes.)

It’s not the CS Team’s place to post suggestions to the forums (which is what the Team suggested you, and any others with suggestions, do). That’s the players’ purview.

Any suggestions, or other posts, are up for discussion on the public forums.

Good luck.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Indeed. The thread didn’t need all these posts by other people. It’s simply a complaint and a warning, because…

1. The reality is that owning HoT can cause one to lose access to a variety of dailies one previously had access to before they purchased HoT.
(Spinning the truth and applying personal preferences can’t change the fact that one can log in and not have access to a daily simply because HoT is enabled on their account)

This reality of yours doesnt exist. a variety of dailies isnt lost. We even provided you evidence but you refuse to listen. You seem hellbent on believing that some dailies are lost. You say we spin the truth when we deliver direct evidence. I hope, good sir, you never get affiliated with anything science or forensic.

(It really kittened me off when I discovered it, after spending $40 on software that I couldn’t return for a refund; “Knowing is half the battle” – G.I. Joe)

You cant make a documentation of an issue when there is none. You made up an issue. Knowing is half the battle, you must be north korea in this war. And you wanted a refund solely because you think you lost access to some dailies which is like 0.00001% of what the game is supposed to offer?

3. ArenaNet customer support suggested that I make a post on their forum about the issue.
(I presume, because they couldn’t be bothered to do it themselves, but you’d have to ask “GM Maelstrom” about that)

Thats their default reply to all topics they cant resolve. And anet rarely starts topics on the forum. This wasnt their ‘problem’ after all anyway. Its yours, and only yours

There was. When you spout nonsense on the forum as if they were facts, the rest of the forum has to protect the playerbase integrity.

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

Vayne.8563

When you word your post in a misleading manner, you’re going to get dissent opinions.

Had you said that on occasion some dailies from the core world are replaced by HoT dailies, there wouldn’t have been an issue. This is a problem of you’re own making.

No company could possibly document each and every single change that comes with an expansion and if they did, it would be thousands of pages long and only a tiny percent of the playerbase would read it all. Saying they should have told you something this minor, and I’d wager to the vast majority people it is minor, is unrealistic.

Maybe, next time before you post, you can factcheck your posts, because right now, what you’ve posted, the way you’ve posted it is inaccurate.

IndigoSundown.5419

When you word your post in a misleading manner, you’re going to get dissent opinions.

Had you said that on occasion some dailies from the core world are replaced by HoT dailies, there wouldn’t have been an issue. This is a problem of you’re own making.

No company could possibly document each and every single change that comes with an expansion and if they did, it would be thousands of pages long and only a tiny percent of the playerbase would read it all. Saying they should have told you something this minor, and I’d wager to the vast majority people it is minor, is unrealistic.

Maybe, next time before you post, you can factcheck your posts, because right now, what you’ve posted, the way you’ve posted it is inaccurate.

As much as I appreciate the OP’s concerns, Vayne is correct (this time).

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

When there’s a “problem” that isn’t any… you are exaggerating the whole thing. You are a man of principles so even if you just have to sit down in HoT for a daily reward you wouldn’t do it be cause you despise it so much.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

May I suggest -and try not to recoil in horror at the mere mention of the idea- that you try sPvP and WvW to finish the dailies need for completionist when you get a HoT pve one you cannot do for whatever reason?

WvW in particular typically has one or two achievements that can be finished fairly quickly and have an exceedingly low risk of having to fight another player, especially if you do them on your world’s BL or the Desert BL.

And I’m sure you think that you shouldn’t “have” to do that, that you should be able to get completionist every day doing PvE thinks and that having to play I game mode I don’t like/typically play is wrong and honestly, you might have a point. But the idea that you simply “can’t” finish the daily because of achievements that have you go to HoT maps when there are at least 8 other achievements that you can go for that are not affected by whether you have HoT or not is a bit of a stretch, to say the least.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

May I suggest -and try not to recoil in horror at the mere mention of the idea- that you try sPvP and WvW to finish the dailies need for completionist when you get a HoT pve one you cannot do for whatever reason?

WvW in particular typically has one or two achievements that can be finished fairly quickly and have an exceedingly low risk of having to fight another player, especially if you do them on your world’s BL or the Desert BL.

And I’m sure you think that you shouldn’t “have” to do that, that you should be able to get completionist every day doing PvE thinks and that having to play I game mode I don’t like/typically play is wrong and honestly, you might have a point. But the idea that you simply “can’t” finish the daily because of achievements that have you go to HoT maps when there are at least 8 other achievements that you can go for that are not affected by whether you have HoT or not is a bit of a stretch, to say the least.

It’s no longer an issue for the OP, as they had the Heart of Thorns expansion removed from their account. They traded Gliding, Elite Specializations, Auto-loot, Living World updates, new maps, etc. for an occasional extra Core Daily.

Perhaps, once they’ve hit the Daily Achievement Point cap, they might consider re-enabling Heart of Thorns. Who knows?

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Thanks for the suggestions, but this thread never intended for any rational discussion or alternatives, or even facts, since our OP mind up their mind before making it. Better save the effort.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

So the question basically comes down to if a HOT cycle REPLACES what is in the GW2 cycle or ADDS to it? Simple solution. Look at the days a HOT zone does not come up to see if they are in sync or not. Admittedly I have not looked closely (except on mystic forge days, which is the same on both accounts) but my two accounts (HOT and non-HOT) are on the same screen at the same time at reset and when I notice a difference it has always been because it was a HOT zone daily.

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

So the question basically comes down to if a HOT cycle REPLACES what is in the GW2 cycle or ADDS to it? Simple solution. Look at the days a HOT zone does not come up to see if they are in sync or not. Admittedly I have not looked closely (except on mystic forge days, which is the same on both accounts) but my two accounts (HOT and non-HOT) are on the same screen at the same time at reset and when I notice a difference it has always been because it was a HOT zone daily.

Wouldn’t it have to replace unless they added another daily option for those that have HOT? Since they didn’t add another daily option then obviously it’s going to replace a core daily.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Some days, rarely, core dailies are replaced by HoT variations. If your only interest in GW2 is playing core dailies then buying HoT was probably not a great decision. Removing it to restore the only aspect of the game that you wish to play is reasonable. Phrasing the thread topic and OP more accurately would likely have resulted in less backlash.

Astralporing.1957

Wouldn’t it have to replace unless they added another daily option for those that have HOT? Since they didn’t add another daily option then obviously it’s going to replace a core daily.

There’s a massive difference between replacing a daily on a given day or removing core dailies in general.

Say, you have a bag with a lot of white marbles inside. Every day you pick a marble from the bag, look at it, and throw it back inside. Now, someone went and thrown a lot of black marbles inside that bag. On some days from now on, when you pick a marble, you will end with a black one instead of white. Does that mean, that the black marbles replaced the white ones?

For some reason some people in this thread seem to claim that it does.

Actions, not words.

Bruno.3812

There’s a massive difference between replacing a daily on a given day or removing core dailies in general.

Say, you have a bag with a lot of white marbles inside. Every day you pick a marble from the bag, look at it, and throw it back inside. Now, someone went and thrown a lot of black marbles inside that bag. On some days from now on, when you pick a marble, you will end with a black one instead of white. Does that mean, that the black marbles replaced the white ones?

Depends how you define replace. If both have 4 PvE options and on a particular day non HoT owners have 4 core dailies and HoT owners have 3 core and one HoT then you can argue it replaces the core daily as it takes the place of a core daily they would have otherwise gotten.

Astralporing.1957

Depends how you define replace. If both have 4 PvE options and on a particular day non HoT owners have 4 core dailies and HoT owners have 3 core and one HoT then you can argue it replaces the core daily as it takes the place of a core daily they would have otherwise gotten.

OP was very clear on the definition.

For some strange reason, it appears that ArenaNet chose to disable the dailies that take place in the orignal Tyria zones as part of the Heart of Thorns expansion. When you upgrade to HoT you’re straight up forced to never be able to do any of the original Tyria dailes ever again, even on low level characters that can’t even access HoT. You will always find HoT dailies in their place.

Seriously, i don’t know why it’s still being debated.

Actions, not words.

Bruno.3812

For some strange reason, it appears that ArenaNet chose to disable the dailies that take place in the orignal Tyria zones as part of the Heart of Thorns expansion. When you upgrade to HoT you’re straight up forced to never be able to do any of the original Tyria dailes ever again, even on low level characters that can’t even access HoT. You will always find HoT dailies in their place.

I was discussing the different possible meanings of replace with the guy I quoted, not the words “never be able to do ever again” from the OP.

Apples and oranges.

Tatwi.3562

I was discussing the different possible meanings of replace with the guy I quoted, not the words “never be able to do ever again” from the OP.

Apples and oranges.

Bruno.3812 “gets it”. Good on ya, man!

Vayne.8563

But that still doesn’t REMOVE the daily which the OP claims. It most, on that single day you can’t access it.

If I come to your house and remove a chair, you can no longer sit on that chair, because it’s no longer there.

If I come to your house and put something on the chair for a day, it doesn’t mean the chair has been removed, and saying so is factually wrong.

There’s nothing at all to discuss here.

If its’ removed, you never have access to it. That’s not the case here.

Bruno.3812

But that still doesn’t REMOVE the daily which the OP claims. It most, on that single day you can’t access it.

If I come to your house and remove a chair, you can no longer sit on that chair, because it’s no longer there.

If I come to your house and put something on the chair for a day, it doesn’t mean the chair has been removed, and saying so is factually wrong.

There’s nothing at all to discuss here.

If its’ removed, you never have access to it. That’s not the case here.

Interesting how you’ve changed my words from replace to remove. I never said removed so you’re arguing about something I didn’t ever say. If you’re going to discuss what I said then at least stick to what was said and not change it to different words. At any rate, if you had actually read it I was originally talking to someone else about to what they said about replace, not the OP. Go back up the thread to where I was discussing replace versus add with Menadena.7482. You and astralporing had to get in on that conversation and make it about the OPs words.

(edited by Bruno.3812)