Warning! Legendary weapons collections.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Vietnamezz.2849

Vietnamezz.2849

Do not by any reasons start these collections! I am half way to crafting The Colossus, and I already spent MORE gold than it cost on TP. It is just insulting. Really, who has created those “collections” should go and check his/her brain, it is seriously damaged. Did you even check TP prices on ascended mats needed to craft a precursor and precursors prices? No, really where fun is in it? The moment when you realize that you just waisted your time and your gold and you don’t even got the weapon is not fun at all. And there is no way to get some kind of refund of invested mats, and there is no way to know what will you need to finish this “collection”. Right now I have to grind SW to get 1000 of bandit crests to learn desert magic or some kitten. I could just buy the pre from TP cheaper then it already cost me and I would have already crafted the juggernaut. Those legendary collections are steaming piles of kitten.
It took 80 ascended mats 5g – 5.5g each, at least 15 stacks of mithril ore and about 15 stacks of elder wood, some lower lvl metals and woods, 1000 bandit crests, 400 geodes, 100 obsi shards and 100 karka shels yet. And I have yet to finish tier 2.

(edited by Vietnamezz.2849)

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

A lot of events required for them are bugged too, either not spawning or not giving out the correct item required.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: ChrizZcE.5981

ChrizZcE.5981

yep, I´m working on my first legendary and I´ve given up on crafting one. Just gonna save up and buy it from the TP.

Unfortunately you don´t make any gold by playing the game so Silverwastes here I come!

Posted by: Reptile.6583

Reptile.6583

I guess the difference is, you don’t have to buy the mats. Over time they will drop. I"m not saying this is fast by any means, but if GW2 had started with this, and you never had a pre drop, you might have one just by playing the game.

Posted by: Juunro.7082

Juunro.7082

Out of curiousity, what tier of the three tiers of collection required all the ascended materials?

And Reptile is right; this is a guranteed way to get one, and while you CAN just buy one… I dunno, maybe it just gives people a long term goal to shoot for?

Axe Murdering, Longbowing tiny Asura Mohawk’d Warrior

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Somebody on reddit did the whole precursor crafting thingy and said it saves like 150g. I can’t recall which one.

So the options are train a mastery, complete 3 collections that require quite the investment or just farm 150g. Unless you are really into scavenger hunts or whatever the choice is pretty obvious.

If some of the precursors end up being much cheaper via crafting, then the TP prices will adjust accordingly in a while anyway.

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Somebody on reddit did the whole precursor crafting thingy and said it saves like 150g. I can’t recall which one.

Yes, but he did it before the mats went up in prices dramatically, so I imagine now you lose money if you wanted to buy all the mats.

I’m not sure, but I think this is a huge time gating and could have been a bit lower.

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

It was somewhat expected. Most people, who already have legendary stuff, spent thousands to get theirs. So, ANET probably tried to find some middle ground and ended up with this. Problem is that they killed the main source that funded these weapons – dungeons. Without a steady stream of funds, it’d be impossible to do. So, grind gold in silverwastes or convert gems to gold.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I had a feeling the legendary collections were going to be poorly balanced. Including anything with a definite monetary value was always going to be a mistake – it would either be far too much, like now, or laughably little.

Things like bandit crests or the new currency aren’t so bad, but the majority of the collections needs to be simple scavenger hunts, feats of skill, or achievements.

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

hmm i dont think that anet intention for this legendarie masterie was ever to make getting precursor easier, just to give an alternative route for those that dont like to play the rng game

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

its not supposed to be cheap

the mystic forge method is a big gamble and buying it off the tp requires a massive amount of gold that is just daunting to many people.

the collection method of getting a precursor allows us to just pick a thing each day if we wanted and do that and see meaningful progress being made towards reaching our goal.

the choice is yours of how you want to go about it of course but i think it is wrong to cry oh this is bad because its not cheap or easy.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Tora.7214

its not supposed to be cheap

the mystic forge method is a big gamble and buying it off the tp requires a massive amount of gold that is just daunting to many people.

the collection method of getting a precursor allows us to just pick a thing each day if we wanted and do that and see meaningful progress being made towards reaching our goal.

the choice is yours of how you want to go about it of course but i think it is wrong to cry oh this is bad because its not cheap or easy.

exactly, i think that comparing the “price” of getting the precursor this way or the mystic forge way is losing the point behind the mastery completely, the idea is that you could chose

1: gamble/buy the precursor, if you decide to test your luck with the rng system and geat it easier, or longer depends on your luck

2: “or” find the collection items “yourself” and see a slow, but cheaper and sure progress toward your goal

me personally, as someone who enjoyed completing the maps on my main i love to have an excuse to explore them again and feel that im progressing

(edited by Tora.7214)

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

exactly, i think that comparing the “price” of getting the precursor this way or the mystic forge way is losing the point behind the mastery completely, the idea is that you could chose to gamble/buy “or” find the collection items “yourself” (not buying them) and see a slow, but sure progress toward your goal

Precisely! And im honestly already planning out which legendarys im going to work on first, i dont even have the mastery yet, but i knew it would be a slow steady thing, exactly how i play the game as it is.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

The requirement for ascended mats pretty much ensures I’m not doing this.
I’ve yet to even get enough to complete all the armour/weapons (and then there’s stuff like Gift of Blades).
The Dream(er) is Dead.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Narrrz.7532

previously there were two ways of getting a precursor:

-get extremely lucky and find one
-work slowly towards one until you finally accumulate enough resources to obtain one

now there’s a third way:

-work slowly towards one until you finally accumulate enough resources to obtain one (at greater expense than than the previous option)

Posted by: Compass.9621

Compass.9621

Thanks for confirming this. I was just starting and by the time a got the tier 1 list, i had this gut feel that i will be spending more that just simply grinding gold to by a precursor at TP.

Tora.7214

And how you guys “grind” gold now with the reduced reward from dungeons, lack of ppl in silverwastes because they are on maguma?

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

I guess the difference is, you don’t have to buy the mats. Over time they will drop. I"m not saying this is fast by any means, but if GW2 had started with this, and you never had a pre drop, you might have one just by playing the game.

The problem is that it’ll be faster to just sell those drops and buy a precursor than it will be to craft it.

I don’t get anets thinking with making ascended mats part of precursor crafting. I though the intent of the collection was to make it really time consuming but in a way that required exploration and event completion and something other than “spend lots of gold” again.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Guys, you have been notified that shortly after launch and maybe for quite some time, some markets will be out of whack and will take some time to find a new equilibrium.

And thats where they are atm, all over the place, so there is no point in comparing material prices for collections and precursor prices for now.

Ascended Mats are quite expensive but crafting and selling them is quite profitable, so they are overpriced. On the other hand, many people stopped forging pres in the last 2 weeks, so there didnt really come any new supply in. A good chunk of the player base is in lvl 80 maps atm, getting t5 and t6 mats as drops, not kitten t4 mats.
It has actually become pretty cheap to craft rare weapons, about half the price of what it cost a month ago.

Right now, you dont need more than 500g worth of t5 fine mats, elder wood and mithril ingots to craft enough rares (2k) to get a precursor on average.
With Halloween and Hot going on right now and new t5 snowflakes around the corner, this price could come down as well, even for the cheaper precursors, if the ecto price keeps falling and prices for rares from loot drops fall with it.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Guys, you have been notified that shortly after launch and maybe for quite some time, some markets will be out of whack and will take some time to find a new equilibrium.
snip

That doesn’t explain why after 3 years so many of the events are still broke which limits supply of certain items in return makes thing cost more!

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Narrrz.7532

And thats where they are atm, all over the place, so there is no point in comparing material prices for collections and precursor prices for now.

True, but with ascended mats getting new uses and being required for legendary collections, the demand for them is likely to rise, while the supply is still capped out by the daily gating. So while we cannot know what the market will do, it seems reasonable to speculate that the price of these materials will be, if not higher than it is now, then at least higher than it was prior to HoT.

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

previously there were two ways of getting a precursor:

-get extremely lucky and find one
-work slowly towards one until you finally accumulate enough resources to obtain one

now there’s a third way:

-work slowly towards one until you finally accumulate enough resources to obtain one (at greater expense than than the previous option)

Why don’t you just sell those resources and buy it though. I don’t get why people are saying there’d an option to accumulate mats slowly than farm gold cos you can just craft bolts of damask or whatever and sell them rather than sink them into the precursor mastery and apparently buy the precursor from the tp for cheaper.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

It hasn’t even been a week, prices havent had the chance to set (look at sand and Flax seeds wich you need lots of for Guild Tavern, they cost 37s each and it is a common crafting mat that you can find all over the new maps and silverwastes, it is high becouse almost every guild is building taverns and upgrading) and as others have said instead of RNG you can now get your precoursor by just playing the game and see how far you have progressed. Anet didn’t say you must BUY the crafting mats on TP did they?

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

And Reptile is right; this is a guranteed way to get one, and while you CAN just buy one… I dunno, maybe it just gives people a long term goal to shoot for?

Buying off TP is also guaranteed. And this new avenue not only costs as much as buying off tp, but also manages to combine that cost with a lot of other work. And i mean a lot. I don’t see any sense in this, as for old precursors this new method is on all counts inferior to the TP one.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Once this chaotic launch rush has settled this precursor crafting system should be cheaper than buying off TP. Time vs money.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I’ll probably still do a legendary this way, I like collecting things over a long period of time instead of just buying them. Though there really aren’t any legendaries I really want right now, I have Bifrost and Kraitkin (yeah yeah.. underwater legendaries when we have almost no new underwater content… someday it’ll pay off).. I would have made bolt if Eles had gotten sword but nope..

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I don’t see precursor crafting getting cheaper then trade post precursor. One reason only: Daily gate on ascended mats. There’s way more ascendedm mats ever needed then normal. Like the legendary armor needs an item that COMBINES bolt of damask and elonian leather square. Deldrimor ingot has to be like 2-3g max, to get profitable for precursor crafting, and I simply don’t see it happening. And the alternative to grind is also nerfed. Only reselling left I guess? No wonder Wanze stays calm, ye’s master reseller probably already made 10 000gold this weekend. He has no (unbiased) say in this.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

I made my Twilight in round about one year without buying mats. Had no precursor drop luck. I don’t use the toilet and finally bought the pre on the TP.

Now I have my shiny. Long way but its okay.

After that I thought “lets try the toilet for fun”. On the third try I got a drop named “DUSK”

So take it easy. The longer the way the more you will love your blinky.

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It was somewhat expected. Most people, who already have legendary stuff, spent thousands to get theirs. So, ANET probably tried to find some middle ground and ended up with this. Problem is that they killed the main source that funded these weapons – dungeons. Without a steady stream of funds, it’d be impossible to do. So, grind gold in silverwastes or convert gems to gold.

I love how people say that like Silverwastes isn’t the next on the chopping block.

They aren’t into optimal gold grinds.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

its the market at work

soon either ascended prices will go down, or precursor prices will go up

Posted by: Vietnamezz.2849

Vietnamezz.2849

I have to say – tier 3 was actually fun, while tier 1 and 2 felt like a stupid rip-off, tier 2 especially. I didn’t expect that hunt to be cheap, neither did I expect it will be that straightforward mats sink.