Was HoT even tested?

Was HoT even tested?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Evrae Altana.1295

Evrae Altana.1295

Honestly now, was HoT tested? I mean decently to check on bugs and difficulty issues?

Some mobs are just insanely overpowered for no reason, just look at the mordrem snipers that can coat an area with AoE and conveniently disappear with stealth, or the bladedancers that can stun u for a long enough duration to oneshot kill you.

Not to mention the amount of bugs during bossfights (especially the mordremoth bossfight kittenes me off)

I know zhaitan was a disappointment but an impossible bossfight that forces u to do it over because the idiot npc’s dont res u when u go down because of the “superattack” that you can’t dodge because the updraft is bugged is even more disappointing

Please, test your game in the future

Was HoT even tested?

Posted by: Arbosis.1039

Arbosis.1039

There are things that in my opinion were not done correctly in HoT, bugs and some bad design decisions, but to say that “it wasn’t even tested” is not only an unnecessary exaggeration but a clear lack in knowledge about making games or software in general.

K.
Game Designer, Chile. | http://arbosis.weebly.com/

Was HoT even tested?

Posted by: wolfram.8291

wolfram.8291

The first two days I played I didn’t experience a single bug and I was all over the first two maps. I also participated in the betas so yes it was tested. I did notice a lot of mobs were pretty tough and I was expecting to go down a lot with full zerk gear. But I’m pretty sure that’s what they were aiming for. I’ll probably switch to some more toughness, vitality or healing power soon. As for map meta events, once the community learns how to do them they’ll get easier as well.

Was HoT even tested?

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

…I know zhaitan was a disappointment but an impossible bossfight that forces u to do it over because the idiot npc’s dont res u when u go down…

I haven’t played HOT to the end so I don’t know if the idiot NPCs you’re referring to are Destiny’s Edge, but I wouldn’t be surprised. Even in the fight with Zhaitan they just stood by as I was downed, and afterward had the gall to say “Couldn’t have done it without you.”

Some generic NPCs, like unnamed soldiers, are better at ressing than DE. And also Braham, or whatever his name is. He’s worth more than all of DE combined.

Was HoT even tested?

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

The part where you keep dying isn’t a bug, it’s a feature. Get good at the game. No seriously, I’m not joking.

Was HoT even tested?

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

The best part is when you do the Dragon’s Stand meta and crash over and over and anet won’t even let you rejoin the map you spent 2 hours in because it’s full. If some bozo snuck in for a quick reward without doing anything, kick them out and let me back in! You can track progress. 200%! Let me in.