Wasted Mastery Experience

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

So I completed all the Central Tyrian Masterys. Now any experience I get there is wasted. So I was wondering if Anet could change to like whenever you fill the bar you get a Tome of Experience for another character or put toward the HoT Masteries like every 25 exp you get in Central Tyria gives you 1 exp point into the HoT Masteries or something.

PS:Yes I know there is another thread with similar issues but it seemed to be derailed to HP vs MP or covers a different issue we are having with masteries.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

I would be happy with a single Spirit Shard once all mastery’s in a zone are complete.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’d like it if we got a chest that allowed us to choose from between a small amount of T6 mats, a small amount of gemstones, or a Lodestone of our choice. I already have over 5k Spirit Shards and not enough things to spend them on. Giving me more would essentially just be trading one wasted currency for another one.

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

That could work to. I would just like something that we could use instead of it all being wasted.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I would be happy with a single Spirit Shard once all mastery’s in a zone are complete.

It’s never going to be a spirit shard — ANet deliberately separated their acquisition from XP. Similarly, it’s very unlikely to be leveling tomes, since ANet drastically increased the rate you get these from PvP & WvW.

It could, however, be used for other things. I envision something like Proof of Experience, a counterpart to the WvW Proof of Heroics

• Each time the XP bar “rolls over”, you get a Proof of Experience
  • Perhaps 10 PoXP pays for a single WP unlock.
  • 20 PoXP is the cost for a mystic stone.
  • etc

I have no idea what the right ratios should be, just that they are big enough that (a) we are unlikely to grind out XP just for proofs and (b) the stuff we buy has appeal to those having full masteries, without making those without feel as if they are completely left behind. That’s a hard balance to manage, so even if ANet agrees with the idea, I can imagine it might take them months or years to implement.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”