in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Stilgar.6437

Stilgar.6437

Sinister as 4-stat, i would love this one:
1050 condi
1050 power
560 prec
560 vit

Great for some hybrid ranger/necro builds.

3-stat amulets dont work well imo, too specialized and 1 stat is often partially wasted (like power on carrion because of lack of crits or prec on rabid because no power to make use of the crits). or if its something like assassin/beserker – too squishy.

You could do a lot of different 1050/1050/560/560 amulets with 3x offensive and 1xdefensive stat combinations or 2/2 splits. They would almost all be useful and would add variety.

We want Zealot Amulet for HoT

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

we need many more 4-5 stats amulets. especially with vitality or they will not be usable by low hp pool classes.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Posted by: SirSixString.6349

SirSixString.6349

SHAMAN PLEASE! Or maybe some kind of 4 stat apothecary hybrid with a bit of vit? Please!!! Healers need options!!! T_T

Posted by: Kayji.4390

Kayji.4390

Can we get a Marauder Amulet equivalent but instead of Vitality, we get Toughness plz?

Posted by: Bezagron.7352

Bezagron.7352

I would prefer a Balance between the 3 different Stat Combinations. Changing the Values to:

• 3 Stats: 1500 + 1000 + 1000 = 3500 (up from 3000)
  • 4 Stats: 1250 + 1250 + 500 + 500 = 3500 (up from 3220)
  • 7 Stats: 500 + 500 + 500 + 500 + 500 + 500 + 500 = 3500 (down from 3920)

Now to the question what Kind of amulet i would like Primary Ferocity, Secondary Prec/Healing

Hi NapTooN the main reason I avoided 1500 is that with rune set bonus (175) & Fury (+20% Crit-Chance) your wasting 3.76% Crit-Chance. Making it 1400 means with rune set & fury your not wasting any stats. Also having 99% also feel more realistic still providing that slight chance of missing a critical hit.

A also first stayed with 1050 as this was an existing value but now feel 980 is a better fit & has better symmetry all round.

Been working to refining the numbers as I still felt the symmetry just wasn’t there. Numbers have been based around approx. 100% precision’s calculation using Amulet, Rune Set bonus & Fury. The goal this time was to get exactly 20% enhancement between the differing stat value tiers. So new values:

• 1400 (No Change)
  • 980 (adjusted to provide 50% crit-chance just from amulet alone)
  • 560 (No change)

What this provides is exactly a 20% improvement when looking at precision. Also with regards to outgoing damage & power:

• 560 = 56% increase to base damage.
  • 980 = 27% increase compared to 560.
  • 1400 = 21% increase compared to 980.
    Note: Values were collected using Guardian Greatsword AA strike for calculations.

Using 1400 & 980 guarantees providing a minimum of 20% enhancement to outgoing white damage compared to:

• 560 = 56% increase to base damage.
  • 900= 22% increase compared to 560.
  • 1200 = 15% increase compared to 900.

It is important to note regarding outgoing damage the largest improve occurs at 560. Meaning Celestial gets the most bang for it’s buck. What the aim with regards to adjusting sPvP amulets to use 1400, 980 & 560 is to guarantee approx. 20% improvement to performance with regard to it’s corresponding stat. The advantage of guaranteeing 20% improvement is that this is a large enough enhancement that applies a noticeable change to a players gameplay.

Reason for Loss of Overall Stats Points
The main reason I’m still look at keeping the loss of overall stat points per stat not enhanced is to provide this feeling on it requiring more work the high you strength/skill level resulting in less time to improve other attributes. So it’s easy to train to the first attribute strength tier but to improve to the next tier requires more time & effort (less overall strength gained) which also means less time to improve other attributes (Reduction of attributes you can enhance).

Edit: Reconnected correct spreadsheet.

Attachments:

(edited by Bezagron.7352)

Posted by: AgitatedFox.5287

AgitatedFox.5287

Hmmm, new amulets. Aside from zealots, anything else you folks think would be interesting?

Oooh a bunch of fixes for the Ranger would be very interesting.

Ranger Danger!

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Hmmm, new amulets. Aside from zealots, anything else you folks think would be interesting?

Main stats: Power/Toughness
Secondary stats: Vitality/Ferocity

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Posted by: Heithinn.6508

Heithinn.6508

Healing Power, Power, %Boon Duration.

For those of us who play Support in PvE (especially Guardian) I would love gear that allows me to Heal my allies (primarily), Keep my boons up on my allies longer (Boon Duration), and actually help kill the darn thing! (Power). This is similar to the old Giver’s combo (which we still don’t have in Ascended, Trinkets OR Weapons), but with Power in lieu of Toughness – as longer boon duration equals increased Protection up-time, survivability is implemented in the usage of the Boon Duration stat.. I know we have Runes, like Rune of the Monk, that accentuate this combination ; But I feel if we add a rune to the effect of ~ (1)Power, (2) 7% of Power = Healing Power, (3) +Power, (4)% of damage Heals allies (350yd), (5)Power, (6) Revive faster, Share your boons with your revived ally. ~ we could make a pure support character with a little bit more soloing ability – not crazy high damage, but a little more kick than what we have now. Zealot’s is great if you want to “Primary” in damage and “Secondary” in Support – this would be the opposite. I think with the addition of raids we should be able to move freely through our combinations and formulas within the Trifecta (Control, Support, Damage), and this is one that is not yet been fully addressed. A “Support Meta” – if you will.

Maybe call it Saints gear?

Posted by: Loki.9412

Loki.9412

Although i firmly believe that stat spread should be a free choice in spvp, and that drop down boxes would serve far better than just introducing new amulets, there needs to be a good analysis of what is lacking for certain professions before making them. For instance, lets take the thief as an example, although a good profession in terms of burst damage, they have horrible defenses outside of long stealth cooldowns etc, and as a low hp profession this just adds to the difficulty in choosing an amulet, on the one hand you could go with the normal power, precision, ferocity amulet, and hope to whatever deity you pray to that you kill them first, or, for experimental purposes, take a power amulet with vit and toughness to give some staying power. The latter is what i consider a good gaming mindset, traits and natural profession gameplay give that upfront burst which is what a thief is all about, then bolster that with some defensive capabilities with an amulet. However, it just doesnt work, because a thief needs crit and ferocity to be capable of bringing anyone down, ideally they need a stat spread that allows them to get the power and crit they need, with a little defense on the side to be able to stand half a chance, and guess what…it doesnt exist. The flip side of the coin is the warrior, who has a naturally asburd amount of hp as standard, and only has to worry about what amulet will boost his playstyle best, offense or defense. The current system favors certain professions a lot more than others, and is more responsible for the imbalance between professions than the actual trait/abilities they possess. Food for thought my dear friends….discuss.

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I couldn’t care less about a new amulet. id rather you guys make settler, rabid, cleric, knights, cavalier, carrion, i.e. MOST OF THEM, actually viable in builds. or just remove them and tell people “look, it’s not a lot, but you can just use marauder and cele. thx.”

FYI, in case it’s not clear from your “internal testing”, when people are getting spiked down for 15k damage on 3k armor (either by burns or mesmers), you’ll never see people using ammies that don’t have any vit.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

As mentioned on today’s GuildChat, we will indeed be adding a slew of new stat combos, runes, and sigils to sPvP with the launch of Heart of Thorns. A small example of what we’ll be adding are trapper runes and sinister stats, but there’s plenty more for you to discover on October 23.

As a note (and to address concerns), we won’t be adding dire stats or perplexity runes to sPvP. We’re vetting and discussing each and every rune/sigil/stat combo as a group before adding them in, with the main goal being improving build diversity.

I’ll also mention that we’re going to be changing the 6/6 bonus on Vampirism. After HoT launch it will no longer proc Mist Form at 25% hp, but will instead cast an AoE lifesteal to up to 5 nearby targets. This will reduce the binary defensive nature of the rune and bring it more inline with similar sets.

There’s going to be a lot of change with the launch next week, and we’re going to be watching balance very closely in all game modes. We will be working to address any emergent gameplay we’re not comfortable with as quickly as possible.

-Grouch

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I’ll also mention that we’re going to be changing the 6/6 bonus on Vampirism. After HoT launch it will no longer proc Mist Form at 25% hp, but will instead cast an AoE lifesteal to up to 5 nearby targets.

Choo choooo the hype is real with this one. Party time!

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

thx Groucharoo, that kitten looks good indeed.

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

As mentioned on today’s GuildChat, we will indeed be adding a slew of new stat combos, runes, and sigils to sPvP with the launch of Heart of Thorns. A small example of what we’ll be adding are trapper runes and sinister stats, but there’s plenty more for you to discover on October 23.

-Grouch

Nice! That’s going to shake things up a bit. Sinister is going to be fun.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

I would really like to see something like this :
Remove all amulets from PvP, and replace them with Stat points – each Stat point represents 100 in stats. You’ll get 30 points and can split them between the stats you want.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

As a note (and to address concerns), we won’t be adding dire stats or perplexity runes to sPvP. We’re vetting and discussing each and every rune/sigil/stat combo as a group before adding them in, with the main goal being improving build diversity.

I’ll also mention that we’re going to be changing the 6/6 bonus on Vampirism. After HoT launch it will no longer proc Mist Form at 25% hp, but will instead cast an AoE lifesteal to up to 5 nearby targets. This will reduce the binary defensive nature of the rune and bring it more inline with similar sets.

There’s going to be a lot of change with the launch next week, and we’re going to be watching balance very closely in all game modes. We will be working to address any emergent gameplay we’re not comfortable with as quickly as possible.

-Grouch

W00t I AM GONNA LOVE BEING INSTAGIBBED BY A THIEF! YAAAAY!

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

As a note (and to address concerns), we won’t be adding dire stats or perplexity runes to sPvP.

Come on. You know you want to.

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

Can the bug with the Nomads amulet be fixed as well? It’s been months and some of us, me included, still are unable to buy or even unlock the Nomads amulet for regular PvE. If it can’t be fixed please just flat out unlock it for everyone so we are all on even footing.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Ascended-Nomad-Amulets-Not-At-Laurel-Merchant/first#post5314251

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

-Grouch

Is there any way to just add the amulets and then ban them from tournaments if they tun out too OP?

If a build is OP with dire, it is OP. If perplexity OP in pvp, its just OP period.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Personally I mainly just want Zealot’s Amulet (or something like it with healing power as its primary stat), although perhaps Apothecary’s could be interesting. I’d love gear which offered boon duration or % outgoing healing, but I suppose that may be hoping for too much.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

-Grouch

Thank you. Sinister was the only stat really wanted them to add (rampager is bad when fury is so accessible to many classes) and trapper makes sense as it is not feasible to offer soldier runes but not trapper runes.

What will the runes of the revenant be? I assume a celestial stat themed rune just don’t know what it’s bonuses will be. Maybe a bonus that gives vigor?

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Posted by: Gunlaugr.2716

Gunlaugr.2716

Again, you should split the stats into more pieces so we can mix and match different stat combinations for more varied builds.

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

-Grouch

Thanks!

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Runes of the mad king for sPvP please. Any time I try to run signet of malice on thief builds without it I become super sad. Running my mad king build in stronghold would be great.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

We could use zealot trinkets in PvE too.

Posted by: grahf.7540

grahf.7540

Maybe I’m out of the loop… But what is the issue with Runes of Perplexity in sPVP? Condi Mesmer isn’t a very good build right now. And Confusion is nowhere near as powerful as something like burning. It’s frustrating for build diversity in sPVP for Mesmers, as two of our weapons are condi weapons (staff, scepter) that aren’t very usable.

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Can we get an answer on splitting amulets into multiple items to allow better stat customization?

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Runes of the mad king for sPvP please. Any time I try to run signet of malice on thief builds without it I become super sad. Running my mad king build in stronghold would be great.

Pretty sure they already are.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Bezagron.7352

All sounds great Grouch can’t wait for the new toys. Regarding sPvP, WvW, PvE & stats I would love to see the ability for easier translation of play styles & builds between them as this is one of the most frustrating aspects & barriers you come across as a player.

The only way I see this working is the reintroduction of multiply stat components to build your overall stats in sPvP as it would require too large a change to WvW, PvE gear & their reward aspect.

The largest problem I felt with the old sPvP amulet & jewel system was that the overall jewel’s stats had very little noticeable impact on your stat allocation & gameplay. I feel emulating in some way the accessories from WvW/PvE will ground the system making it familiar for players while also greatly enhancing translation of play styles & builds between the 3 game modes.

The Design – Four Components
The objective was to simulate & simplify elements of the WvW/PvE system through use of the accessory design providing familiarity. The elements are:

• Amulet – Designed to reflect stats gained from weapons & armour in WvW/PvE.
  • Ring – Designed to reflect stats gained from rings & back item in WvW/PvE.
  • Earrings – Designed to reflect stats gained from earrings in WvW/PvE.
  • Back – Designed to reflect stats gained from the amulet in WvW/PvE.

Note:
* A large part of this design is to make each items stat’s enhancement impactful to the oveall build.
* Also of note Values used in spreadsheet are my adjusted total stat values, 1400, 980 & 560.

Except for Celestial I returned to only 3 stats on a item emulating WvW/PvE items as your able to combine differing components to provide enhancement to more then 3 stats. One large change was the inclusion of Boon & Condition Duration into the new Amulet slot as a selectable stat choice.

This should improve customisability opening up a larger stat choices for varying builds & roles. Help for smoother transition of builds & play styles between the 3 modes. It will increase the complexity for balance & increase suboptimal stat builds availability but I believe the overall benefits will out weigh these issues.

Edit:
* Also of note Dire has been adjusted as a Vitality Primary Stat Combination.
* Adjusted Celestial Ring & Back stat values in spreadsheet to better balance then against the 3 stat combinations.

Attachments:

(edited by Bezagron.7352)

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Is the Dire stat combination not being added because the balance team is afraid it is too powerful? In my opinion, this is a rather “weak” answer to the problem that this stat combination represents, since it is an issue in World vs. World PvP balance.

Daniel Handler.4816

Is the Dire stat combination not being added because the balance team is afraid it is too powerful? In my opinion, this is a rather “weak” answer to the problem that this stat combination represents, since it is an issue in World vs. World PvP balance.

A stat that does particularly well at roaming has no place in PvP . The reason behind it not being as much an issue in wvw is that you aren’t limited to 5 people. There is also food in wvw to combat the problem.

Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

A stat that does particularly well at roaming has no place in PvP . The reason behind it not being as much an issue in wvw is that you aren’t limited to 5 people. There is also food in wvw to combat the problem.

The food to “counteract the problem” only negates bonuses that aren’t present in PvP, namely other food. It doesn’t actually change how Dire would operate in PvP, since it would effectively be the same in WvW.

So, if it’s not much of a problem in WvW due to food, and that food effectively isn’t actually doing anything, that seems like it would translate to not being much of a problem in PvP.

I’m a Geeleiver

Daniel Handler.4816

The food to “counteract the problem” only negates bonuses that aren’t present in PvP, namely other food. It doesn’t actually change how Dire would operate in PvP, since it would effectively be the same in WvW.

So, if it’s not much of a problem in WvW due to food, and that food effectively isn’t actually doing anything, that seems like it would translate to not being much of a problem in PvP.

I knew you would say that.

You have to remember that if condis are a problem to the point they require duration reducing food, then any condi build will require duration increasing food to avoid a deficit. However as a side effect of using a condi duration increase they become 40% more vulnerable to conditions because you can’t take both foods.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

YES, Captain and settlers ascended stats! Like Picard says, “Make it so!” xD

Bezagron.7352

You have to remember that if condis are a problem to the point they require duration reducing food, then any condi build will require duration increasing food to avoid a deficit. However as a side effect of using a condi duration increase they become 40% more vulnerable to conditions because you can’t take both foods.

Wondering what if Dire in sPvP had Vitality as it’s primary stat would players still have the same issues against it?

This stat combination is basically Soldier’s but for conditions which no one has issues with. The reason they’s an issues for Dire is because conditions ignore armour unlike Soldier’s power damage. Also soldiers power damage is greatly reduced without precision & ferocity but Dire’s conditions are still doing max tick damage per a single tick (Please note without precision you typically won’t be able to apply max stacks).

So to provide the condition specs a Soldier’s stat combination why not use vitality as the primary stat. This would then stop Dire’s conditions from max tick damage per a single tick.

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I want spoilers RIGHT NEOW

Phaatonn, London UK

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Zealot trinket set, Yes….
Also other sets which are missing. (Givers for example, utility amulets for example)

Inclusion of new(er) stats in backpacks, preferably also in older ascended backs like quivers/books/spinal blades, grenth, lyssa, balthazar,dwayna’s backs…. and other selectable pieces

I’d suggest:

Not my favorite option: Introduction of boon duration and condition DURATION in stat combinations…
Or
SUGGESTION:vIntroduction of healing/boon duration and condition dmg/condition duration AMULET infusions for both WVW and Fractals
Suggestions include:

Fitting in the system:

- Condition dmg/ toughness/power
- Condition dmg/ healing/power

- Condition dmg/ condition duration/ power <—- this one… with condition dmg as main. Using condition weapons and having power main is really really bad.

I’ll leave toughness and vitality based combo’s out of this list. Personally I’m not fond of using them… and when running with “expereinced” people I seldomly need them other then buffs from traits or banners.

Healing is still weak, the fact devs have looked into it after healing power was adressed for the n~th time is a good thing… requests to get boon duration from healing should be reworked if some of these stats would be introduced, or at least slightly corrected. to keep the boon duration on armor/gear a “worthwhile” investment.

Vitality main is the new Magic Find…. While everybody is working to keep dmg reduced and focussing on staying above 90% vitality Users cannot refil their 90% easily and their huge investment in HP leaves power and condition dmg below par.

Toughness could have some decent combo’s but I think you can find most toughness combo’s
a banner of defense, a guardians strength in numbers and optionally a potion of KARKA SLAYING creates ~320-470 point buff to armors instanly creating a HUGE load of tankyness.. at a relatively minor loss of DPS if any loss at all…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Can we get an answer on splitting amulets into multiple items to allow better stat customization?

They are changing Pvp to be a much bigger thing with the new league and tournaments. They would avoid anything that would be a balancing nightmare which is exactly what your suggestion would do. The more fixed things are the easier they are to balance.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

In general there needs to be more build diversity for PvP

Example:

Assassin Amulet = 1200 Precision, 900 Power, 900 Ferocity
Berserker Amulet = 1200 Power, 900 Precision, 900 Ferocity
Barbarian Amulet = 1200 Vitality, 900 Power, 900 Precision
Carrion Amulet = 1200 Condion, 900 Power, 900 Vitality
Cavalier Amulet = 1200 Toughness, 900 Power, 900 Ferocity
Celestial Amulet = 560 Everything
Cleric Amulet = 1200 Healing, 900 Power, 900 Tougness
Crusader Amulet = 1050 Power, 1050 Toughness, 560 Ferocity, 560 Healing
Knight Amulet = 1200 Toughness, 900 Power, 900 Precision
Magi amulet = 1200 Healing, 900 Vitality, 900 Precision
Marauder Amulet = 1050 Power, 1050 Precision, 560 Vitality, 560 Ferocity
Rabid Amulet = 1200 Condition, 900 Tougness, 900 Precision
Rampager Amulet = 1200 Precision, 900 Power, 900 Condion
Sentinel Amulet = 1200 Vitality, 900 Toughness, 900 Power
Settler Amulet = 1200 Toughness, 900 Healing, 900 Condition
Soldier Amulet = 1200 Power, 900 Toughnes, 900 Vitality
Valkyrie Amulet = 1200 Power, 900 Vitality, 900 Ferocity

When you look over this current list, you clearly see, what is missing and what would be a good addtion for the Game to add more Build Diversity.

1) Zealot Amulet = 1200 Power, 900 Precision, 900 Healing
2) Shaman Amulet = 1200 Healing, 900 Toughness, 900 Condition
3) Adventurer Amulet = 750 Power, 750 Precision, 750 Vitality, 750 Toughnness
4) Sorcerer Amulet = 750 Condition, 750 Healing, 750 Precision, 750 Power
5) Mercenary Amulet = 750 Power, 750 Precision, 750 Vitality, 750 Healing
ect. With 4 Stats you can make so many useful combinations for Builds…

6) Gladiator Amulet = 750 Power, 750 Ferocity, 750 Condition, 750 Toughness
7) Hunter Amulet = 1050 Precision, 1050 Ferocity, 560 Power, 560 Vitality
^ But also from these kinds of Split Ups would I love to see more, which aren#t about 1050 Power only, but make usage also of the other Attributes
8) Warlock Amulet = 1050 Condition, 1050 Precision, 560 Healing, 560 Toughness

and so on, I could do this here all day long until practicalyl all options are listed up that are theoretically possible …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Every possible stat combination, not only as amulets, for pve and wvw aswell.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Do they require -condi duration food? I can’t recall the last time I had issues dealing with condition builds on any of my characters, and I’m usually running around with birthday cake as my food (because it’s free and I keep forgetting to get anything else).

The -40% condition duration is not, in any way, required to deal with them. You can make an argument that it’s needed to counteract the +40% condition duration food, sure, but if you’re dealing with conditions ticking their normal length (which is what happens with you running -40% and your opponent running +40% foods) all right, I don’t see how it can possibly become a problem when you don’t have the option to decrease their duration, but they don’t have the option to increase them either.

Now, can there be other factors that could make Dire OP in PvP? Sure. But Food is 100% NOT ONE OF THEM.

I’m a Geeleiver

Exedore.6320

They are changing Pvp to be a much bigger thing with the new league and tournaments. They would avoid anything that would be a balancing nightmare which is exactly what your suggestion would do. The more fixed things are the easier they are to balance.

Why does this fallacy keep getting parroted around the forums? More stat customization doesn’t create a balancing nightmare at all. It actually gives developers more freedom in balancing.

You can’t view it as more permutations. Instead, you analyze it as a trade space with boundaries. As long as you have bounds on the trade space – the current amulets – and don’t leave that trade space, you won’t have any balance issues because of more stat customization. Every new mix-and-match will be within the current trade space.

The only balance issues which would arise from more stat customization are more builds being viable. That’s a good problem to have.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Any chance secondary stats like boon duration, % outgoing healing, or condition duration could be placed on amulets?

Posted by: Kaspar.3892

Kaspar.3892

I would really like to see something like this :
Remove all amulets from PvP, and replace them with Stat points – each Stat point represents 100 in stats. You’ll get 30 points and can split them between the stats you want.

puts 20 pts in healing and 10 pts in toughness

come at me bro!

Posted by: Christonya.3856

Christonya.3856

As a note (and to address concerns), we won’t be adding dire stats or perplexity runes to sPvP.

I would like to ask you reconsider this and add them but tone down the numbers to a balanced state (since that’s what spvp is meant to be about). Largely because excluding some thing for being too strong when you can easily just weaken it or revamp it lowers the potential build diversity. It’s also worth mentioning there are a lot of complaints around this in WvW pvp, and bringing it to Spvp might result in some changes what would benefit both game modes IE sinister getting condi duration as a stat over power and duration food being removed from the game, making dire less powerful in wvw.

Another thing I would like you guys to reconsider, as some one who doesn’t like getting bursted out without any way to react this rune is a way to lower my overall power, but gain a way to survive the current state of Chrono’s and reapers.

Aktium.9506

Why does this fallacy keep getting parroted around the forums? More stat customization doesn’t create a balancing nightmare at all. It actually gives developers more freedom in balancing.

Because it’s the very reason Anet themselves gave when they were asked as to why they changed the old stat system of Amulet + Jewel to just Amulet.

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

…we won’t be adding dire stats or perplexity runes to sPvP.

Basically, you are saying that stats are overpowered? If not in sPvP = Overpowered?

Bezagron.7352

Because it’s the very reason Anet themselves gave when they were asked as to why they changed the old stat system of Amulet + Jewel to just Amulet.

Actually I believe it was because they had little impact on your build & that typically their was only 1 right choice with the others having a negative impact, not a balancing issue. It did simplify balance.

Exedore.6320

The only reason I saw given was that Amulet+Jewel was “too hard for new players to understand”.

They did change the system after vanilla BWE1 to reduce complexity. That beta build had 4 items (amulet, 2 rings, 2 accessories). IMO, 3 items would be enough.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Aktium.9506

The only reason I saw given was that Amulet+Jewel was “too hard for new players to understand”.

They did change the system after vanilla BWE1 to reduce complexity. That beta build had 4 items (amulet, 2 rings, 2 accessories). IMO, 3 items would be enough.

I’m sure they said it also made it easier for the dev team to balance things. 99.9% sure of it.