We want Zealot Amulet for HoT

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nexrex.8273

Nexrex.8273

What I want is superior Rune of Radiance in spvp… Ill pay a lot for that!
Any chance of that happening?! Pretty please

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Trapper runes concern me. I don’t think they’ll actually be around for too long.

Posted by: Zeres.8713

Zeres.8713

Hmmm, new amulets. Aside from zealots, anything else you folks think would be interesting?

Can we get apothecary amulet? please!

Posted by: Bezagron.7352

Bezagron.7352

Because it’s the very reason Anet themselves gave when they were asked as to why they changed the old stat system of Amulet + Jewel to just Amulet.

The only reason I saw given was that Amulet+Jewel was “too hard for new players to understand”.

They did change the system after vanilla BWE1 to reduce complexity. That beta build had 4 items (amulet, 2 rings, 2 accessories). IMO, 3 items would be enough.

I’m sure they said it also made it easier for the dev team to balance things. 99.9% sure of it.

Wasn’t is simplified. They still need to balance for WvW & PvE which has more components.

And it’s this a problem? Wouldn’t it be easier as a whole if all 3 mode were closer to similar stat wise. I don’t think sPvP needs to be exactly the same but it needs to be closer to how WvW &PvE allocate stats.

There are many WvWers & PvEers that find sPvP stat allocating as a barrier, frustrating & limiting. Balance wise because of this your always going to have major issues balancing for the 3 modes.

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Many offensive builds don’t want to go or can’t support full glass. They’d like a little bit of toughness and vitality in addition to higher power, precision, and ferocity values. Those amounts vary by build and profession. For example, guardian and elementalist probably want more vitality than a warrior. The current amulet system doesn’t allow for that simplistic of a customization level, which is a huge shortcoming.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Bezagron.7352

Many offensive builds don’t want to go or can’t support full glass. They’d like a little bit of toughness and vitality in addition to higher power, precision, and ferocity values. Those amounts vary by build and profession. For example, guardian and elementalist probably want more vitality than a warrior. The current amulet system doesn’t allow for that simplistic of a customization level, which is a huge shortcoming.

I had the idea of breaking the stats up into four components emulating but as a simplified accessory system which mirrors stat elements from the WvW/PvE stat system. If were looking for more customization & easier translation of play styles & builds between the 3 modes what do players think the system should look like?

Could the below design help or do we only want more fixed stats?

The Design – Four Components
The objective was to simulate & simplify elements of the WvW/PvE system through use of the accessory design providing familiarity. The elements are:

• Amulet – Designed to reflect stats gained from weapons & armour in WvW/PvE.
  • Ring – Designed to reflect stats gained from rings & back item in WvW/PvE.
  • Earrings – Designed to reflect stats gained from earrings in WvW/PvE.
  • Back – Designed to reflect stats gained from the amulet in WvW/PvE.

Attachments:

(edited by Bezagron.7352)

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

You really only need to split into 3 items such as 50/25/25% or 40/30/30%. That should be good enough to get most stat combinations. If you’re going to invest into a stat, you’ll probably but at least a few hundred into it.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Posted by: DymondHed.9026

DymondHed.9026

prec on rabid because no power to make use of the crits

this just made me chuckle. maybe you don’t know that many classes proc bleeds on crit

i have too many hours logged >_>

Bezagron.7352

You really only need to split into 3 items such as 50/25/25% or 40/30/30%. That should be good enough to get most stat combinations. If you’re going to invest into a stat, you’ll probably but at least a few hundred into it.

True, would we look at matching them to emulate WvW/PvE’s component stat distribution. Say:

• sPvP Amulet = WvW/PvE Trinkets & Back item (50% of total stats)
  • sPvP Ring = WvW/PvE Armour (32% total stats)
  • sPvP Earrings = WvW/PvE Weapons (18% total stats)

I guess it comes down to how fine we want. For me anything below a 10% increase has too small an impact making it an option just to be an option but not really effecting your overall game play until it’s combined with other elements. I would either go with 4 or 3 components. 4 provides just that little extra customisation but not too much & 3 providing the minimum just giving enough options to cover most needs.

If 4 components I would look at total percentage values of:

• sPvP Amulet = 40%
  • sPvP Ring = 25%
  • sPvP Earrings = 20%
  • sPvP Back = 15%

Or 3 components with:

• sPvP Amulet = 50%
  • sPvP Ring = 30%
  • sPvP Earrings = 20%

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I had the idea of breaking the stats up into four components emulating but as a simplified accessory system which mirrors stat elements from the WvW/PvE stat system. If were looking for more customization & easier translation of play styles & builds between the 3 modes what do players think the system should look like?

Could the below design help or do we only want more fixed stats?

The Design – Four Components
The objective was to simulate & simplify elements of the WvW/PvE system through use of the accessory design providing familiarity. The elements are:

• Amulet – Designed to reflect stats gained from weapons & armour in WvW/PvE.
  • Ring – Designed to reflect stats gained from rings & back item in WvW/PvE.
  • Earrings – Designed to reflect stats gained from earrings in WvW/PvE.
  • Back – Designed to reflect stats gained from the amulet in WvW/PvE.

there must be an error in those healing back stats

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Bezagron.7352

Thanks PaxTheGreatOne spreadsheet edited.

• What are players thoughts on splitting stats from a single item into several?
  • Is this something as players you would want?
  • Would this help bridge the gap between the 3 modes?

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Hmmm, new amulets. Aside from zealots, anything else you folks think would be interesting?

How about a Legendary Amulet / Jewellery that allowed you to choose and change to ANY combination of stats.

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Adding the trapper rune to PvP doesn’t seem sensible. Melee rangers are already hard to pin down due to leap speed, evasion speed and Quickening Zephyr (6 sec superspeed).

Adding trappers:

When you use a trap skill, you gain 3 seconds of super speed and 3 seconds of Stealth when using a trap skill.

A bit over the top, and a real balance issue as the rune currently stands. In general this obviously adds a significant advantage to all trap classes.

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Rune of the witch:

(1) +25 Condition Damage
(2) 25% chance when stuck to steal life (25s CD)
(3) +50 Condition Damage
(4) +10% Condition Duration
(5) +100 Condition Damage
(6) +25% Movement speed, +20% aura duration

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

As much as I’d like zealot’s it likely wasn’t included for various reasons. Nomad’s however would be great for some builds though may be overpowered with engineers and necros.

Agemnon.4608

I think it sounds great at first but then you run into balance issues that complicates things. You could be experimental in hotjoins and in PvE roaming I use a mix between berskerker (main hand weapon, chest, gloves, boots, and helmet), zealot (shoulderpads and leggings), and celestial (off-hand weapon and pendent only) for my thief (and warrior and elementalist in the case of the celestial off hand dagger or shield)

Bezagron.7352

I think it sounds great at first but then you run into balance issues that complicates things. You could be experimental in hotjoins and in PvE roaming I use a mix between berskerker (main hand weapon, chest, gloves, boots, and helmet), zealot (shoulderpads and leggings), and celestial (off-hand weapon and pendent only) for my thief (and warrior and elementalist in the case of the celestial off hand dagger or shield)

I wonder what balancing issues? You should still be bounded within the same mathematical set. WvW/PvE are already balanced around fine passive stat options.
If it’s certain stats would the idea be to adjust max & min possible values as how could anything in between have balance issues. The only negative would be an increase in sub optimal stat builds. But it’s that also part of a players skill to create working builds.

Posted by: ArcanistSeven.8720

ArcanistSeven.8720

healing power isnt a great stat

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I’d like some Pure valkyrie Amulets, rings and accessories. Not the Berserker/valkyrie mix that is provided to us currently.

Although Some Primary power with secondary Toughness and Furosity would be nice as a stat combo for all armor and weapon types.

Hmm. What about Primary Condition damage with precision and condition duration? I’d be really interested in that for at least part of my gear.

Primary healing power with toughness and vitality.

Primary Furosity with power and precision.

Dual primary of Power/toughness with Minors in Furosity and healing power. similar to the amulet you get in PvP

I’d really like to see exotic and ascended gear that have 4 stats rather than just 3 like a few of the trinkets. Along with a bit of a stronger focus like they have in PvP. Bring Marauder and Crusader to PvE. I’d like that.

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Power, Toughness and Condition Damage with Power as the main stat.
And for WvW as well as PvP.

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

If you add Trappers to PvP without adding some base damage to Thief traps, you’ll have thieves killing people without ever breaking stealth, since condi damage by itself does not proc revealed.

I see a fair few trapper thieves inWvW, and allowing a build with little to no counterplay (stand in their smokefield, if you are close enough) doesn’t make for good pvp.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

If you add Trappers to PvP without adding some base damage to Thief traps, you’ll have thieves killing stupid people who don’t have any condi cleanse at all without ever breaking stealth, since condi damage by itself does not proc revealed.

I see a fair few trapper thieves inWvW, and allowing a build with little to no counterplay (stand in their smokefield, if you are close enough) doesn’t make for good pvp.

I fixed that for you.

That build is all troll and no teeth. It only ever kills someone once, then they come back with condi cleanse they should have been running anyway and laugh at it. It wouldn’t perform at all in sPvP as nobody there is dumb enough to run without basic cleanses.

It has counterplay. Lots of it.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

healing power isnt a great stat

Yet…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Trapper runes in PVP…say hello to all the ghost thieves and stealth trap guards. Everyone will be sooooo wary about walking onto an unguarded point in conquest. Boommm hit by multiple traps . lol

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Hey Groucharino,

Can we get the Noble’s Runes in PvP? I really like that set.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Ditto. I want PvP auramancers. :>

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Ditto. I want PvP auramancers. :>

Tempest auramancers are probably better of taking Soldier runes though.

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

If you add Trappers to PvP without adding some base damage to Thief traps, you’ll have thieves killing stupid people who don’t have any condi cleanse at all without ever breaking stealth, since condi damage by itself does not proc revealed.

I fixed that for you.

That build is all troll and no teeth. It only ever kills someone once, then they come back with condi cleanse they should have been running anyway and laugh at it. It wouldn’t perform at all in sPvP as nobody there is dumb enough to run without basic cleanses.

It has counterplay. Lots of it.

Oh sure, because what you want in a competitive gamemode that’s supposed to be an Esport is encouraging troll builds that you have to change your build to deal with.

Righto. Changing your build isn’t ‘counterplay’,

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Druid Amulet? :o
Healing Power [Major]
Toughness [Major]
Power [minor]
Vitality [minor]

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

A rune (for PvE) having

Power
Healing power
(Movement speed)

Kima & Co

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

So about that Zealot Amulet…

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Posted by: Tasao.4623

Tasao.4623

I know this is too late but how about literally ANYTHING that’s not a huge gold sink? Can GW2 have just one area of the game not dominated by them?

Velimere.7685

I know this is too late but how about literally ANYTHING that’s not a huge gold sink? Can GW2 have just one area of the game not dominated by them?

Define huge gold sink.

Velimere.7685

Here’s to hoping for more amulets, runes, and sigils when leagues drop.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

for unranked what you want.
for ranked only 3 amulets, and celestial banned.

pealse separate casual from the ones who want spvp and not reward tracks.

Agemnon.4608

Druid Amulet? :o
Healing Power [Major]
Toughness [Major]
Power [minor]
Vitality [minor]

That stat set should be PvE only. In PvP it would be too powerful then they might nerf druid to the point where the above mentioned stat set would actually be needed for raid viability instead of optimal.