Weapon Swaps

Weapon Swaps

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zephyria.6103

Zephyria.6103

can we have weapon swaps for all profs? Pretty please?

I love my engi and ele (they’re my two main professions) but I’m unlikely to totally give up weapons I truly enjoy playing and change my whole playstyle on that toon at lvl 80 to do the new elite specs.

Every other class can swap back and forth…and yes…I know ele and engi have large toolboxes.

I wouldn’t mind a bigger toolbox. I like the more complex playstyle option these professions give…their only downside is the lack of weapon swap.

Weapon Swaps

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

If you want a bigger toolbox, then I want a 3th weaponset xd

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Weapon Swaps

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

You realize that on an ele, your request means you’re going from a 20-skill weapon toolbox to a 40-skill toolbox. Most other classes only have a 10-skill weapon toolbox and their play-styles are just as deep.

Complexity to encourage more gameplay depth is good, but complexity for complexity’s sake isn’t.

Btw, if you’re concerned re: play-stlye, elite specs improve/extend existing play-styles. Only the druid changes the ranger’s play-style in a dramatic way.

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)

Weapon Swaps

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Ele and engineer already have weapon swaps.

• Ele attunement changes are completely analogous to swapping weapons: the skills change.
  • Engineer kit swaps are also parallel to weapon swaps.

Perhaps what you mean to ask to be able to equip more than one weapon at a time. That would completely change the balance of the professions and require a huge amount of effort on ANet’s part, effort that could be directed towards new elites or other changes to combat.

Thus, even if everyone agreed this was a good idea (and I doubt that most of the community will), it’s very unlikely happen, since the cost is so much greater than the benefits.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Weapon Swaps

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

How about allowing secondary weapons to be equipped, but only swappable Out Of Combat… This would make life so much better for Ele and Engineers alike.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Weapon Swaps

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

How about allowing secondary weapons to be equipped, but only swappable Out Of Combat… This would make life so much better for Ele and Engineers alike.

But when you are out of combat, you can already equip another weapon. How would that change anything?

Weapon Swaps

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

But when you are out of combat, you can already equip another weapon. How would that change anything?

It’s a convenience thing. “Hit button” rather than “open inventory, look inside, find weapons, equip, close inventory, say HI! to the mob/WvW player who came up while you were looking in your inventory”

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Weapon Swaps

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Ele could receive weapon swap only if you cut 2 attunements from them. Like legend swap in rev.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Weapon Swaps

Zephyria.6103

My point is that because I’ve spent 80 lvls playing with a certain weapon build….I’m extremely unlikely to change that after lvl 80 to try out the new elite specs, when I have a build I can depend on.

Most classes have the option of trying out elite spec by making it their weapon swap, and if they have issues mid battle it’s a simple swapout. Eles and Engis do not have this option.

We either swap to it and play it…….or not.

Want to try out elite spec?….equip, find a mob….do or die. If your other weapon build was better suited to the situation….tough.

And no….fishing through my bags in between fights to find my elite spec weapon set and then swapping back after each mob encounter to try out elite spec is not viable gameplay. It’s awkward and clunky.

If pruning is needed to give weapon swaps to engis and eles….I’d leave that to the game designers. They’ll have better data on what weapon kits/abilities/etc are getting the most gameplay…and a better understanding of the greater player base’s opinions on it than I would.

Weapon Swaps

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

My point is that because I’ve spent 80 lvls playing with a certain weapon build….I’m extremely unlikely to change that after lvl 80 to try out the new elite specs, when I have a build I can depend on.

If you’re unlikely to try the new specs, then maybe you can understand why ANet might be unlikely to add an additional equipped weapon for eles & engineers — they have a mechanic they can depend on.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Weapon Swaps

Zephyria.6103

I was pointing out that I’d like to use the elite specs…but not necessarily for every encounter, giving up another weapon build entirely.

My apologies that it came across unclear.

(edited by Zephyria.6103)

Weapon Swaps

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

You aren’t not forced to use the elite spec’s weapons, the staff tempest is still the PvE damage meta for ele. I don’t pay engi enough to make comment on that class.

An elite spec consists of 3 things; a new class mechanic, a new trait line and a new weapon. You can’t take an elite without taking the 1st two, but your primary concern, the weapon, is completely optional. Some weapons add a lot to the experience, others not so much. In terms of the ele, the new mechanic (Overload) is why many players take the spec, NOT the warhorn.

If you’re waiting for ele/engi weapon swap to become a thing, it’ll probably be a long wait… maybe GW2: Return to Cantha even. My advice is to actually get to level 80, max out your elite spec and try it out before passing judgement.

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)

Weapon Swaps

Zephyria.6103

Thank you onevstheworld . I was under the impression that the elite spec was only effective if paired with it’s respective new weapon. I play staff on my ele, and wasn’t tempted by the warhorn…which is part of what prompted this thread.

Granted….I’d also like to do the hammer swap with my engi, but it wasn’t quite as big a deal to me as giving up staff on the ele.