Weapon dye Application?

Weapon dye Application?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Vikingmetalhead.1285

Vikingmetalhead.1285

Is it possible that someday, by either HOT or a weekly update we get the option ingame to dye our weapons?

it would be a really good upgrade for immersion, maybe having some exceptions like a legendary weapon, or part of it ( sunrise blade not dyeable but cross-guard, grip and pommel could for example) to keep it lore-friendly.

Most players would benefit from this, just an aesthetic and immersive improvement, so that you could match your armor color/theme to your weapons as well (shield wielding players would benefit a lot)

Weapon dye Application?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I would love it but it probably won’t happen. Many ‘different’ weapons in the game are actually the same weapons but with a different color.

For example:
The Dark Asuran/Glyphic weapons, same weapons different color.
The Golden Wing/Human T3 weapons, again same weapons, different color.
And there are more weapons like that in the game.

I’m not saying it will never happen, but it probably won’t anytime soon.
But if it did, that would be amazing. It would be so much easier to fit weapons with your armor.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Weapon dye Application?

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

I would love it but it probably won’t happen. Many ‘different’ weapons in the game are actually the same weapons but with a different color.

For example:
The Dark Asuran/Glyphic weapons, same weapons different color.
The Golden Wing/Human T3 weapons, again same weapons, different color.
And there are more weapons like that in the game.

I’m not saying it will never happen, but it probably won’t anytime soon.
But if it did, that would be amazing. It would be so much easier to fit weapons with your armor.

In fairness, certain armour skins have less dye slots so it’s possible that they could add dyeable weapons and just limit the dye options for certain skins or even remove the ability to dye certain weapons entirely (legendaries).

Since the stability change is coming out sooner than the expansion pack by the sounds of it, adding that change in a feature pack along with dyeable weapons and other quality of life changes would be nice.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Weapon dye Application?

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

I do not care about weapon dyes too much, nor I think devs are working on it. If you check your wardrobe, you should notice that some skins are purely same model, but different colors. Implement weapon dyes destroy the purpose of those skins.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Weapon dye Application?

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

If anything backpieces need this. Do not see why it’s now.

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

Weapon dye Application?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

There is one way they could do this and maintain the palette swap skins: establish dye channels for highlights only and leave the predominant color alone.

This would probably cause more of an outcry than its worth, particularly if your favorite weapon loses a color you like because you haven’t unlocked it yet.

Weapon dye Application?

Posted by: SnubdubLuskon.1795

SnubdubLuskon.1795

I think it would be more likely for us to get back piece dyes before we get weapon dyes since, as people have pointed out, some weapons are already recolors of the same weapon. This especially goes for ascended weapons.

Weapon dye Application?

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Interesting idea and I don’t hate it. But it would be a mammoth task.

Armours were designed from the ground up to be dyed. Every piece is broken into 4 sections for the dyes. Weapons would need the same treatment.

I do not care about weapon dyes too much, nor I think devs are working on it. If you check your wardrobe, you should notice that some skins are purely same model, but different colors. Implement weapon dyes destroy the purpose of those skins.

True but what’s also true is stuff changes.

Hypothetically speaking if the developers were to do this they could just compensate players. Take the market value in gold for the skins which become obsolete at the time of announcing this feature and pay it to affected players. Or some other comparable compensation. You get the idea.

Weapon dye Application?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

if a different weapon is nothing more then a recolor then don’t you think that’s more a problem on Anet being lazy…
in GW1 you can color your weapon at any time yet plenty of greens are just recolors of the normal, nothing is different here.