Weapons/back Dye !

Weapons/back Dye !

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

As there will be many upcoming changes in HoT , allow us to dye our weapons and back items
As I’m playing as a necromancer ( will be a reaper ) , it will be more suitable to equip a green/red Zenith Avenger Skin than a yellow"cute" one ! . Green/red Wings of the Sunless/Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings will be scary too

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

“Dyeing” weapons would really make no sense.

“Would you kindly?”

Weapons/back Dye !

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Why not ?! It’s for the same reason that you would dye an armor/outfit.
It’s not unique if every one has the exact look of your weapon/back !

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: EsarioOne.9840

EsarioOne.9840

In a cosmetic game, dying weapons makes a ton of sense. I would like it as well. won’t happen though, a dev awhile back posted about how weapon dye channels aren’t possible with their current engine.

Weapons/back Dye !

The Demonic Spirit.3157

In a cosmetic game, dying weapons makes a ton of sense. I would like it as well. won’t happen though, a dev awhile back posted about how weapon dye channels aren’t possible with their current engine.

This should work as armor dye channels do. Why is it any different ?

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

We could do it in GW1 just saying, granted the dyes didnt effect much usually, and really i dont see them changing it this late anyways.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Weapons/back Dye !

Ephemiel.5694

We could do it in GW1 just saying, granted the dyes didnt effect much usually, and really i dont see them changing it this late anyways.

Well i never played GW1 so idk. Just kinda stupid to dye weapons in my opinion. How would having people with red, blue, orange, etc weapons running around?

“Would you kindly?”

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Well i never played GW1 so idk. Just kinda stupid to dye weapons in my opinion. How would having people with red, blue, orange, etc weapons running around?

People can run around in bright neon pink and blue-colored clothing right now. Is there really any harm to having goofy colors on weapons too? Most people probably won’t make their weapons look so gaudy, but the “breaks my immersion” argument falls flat when it can already be done. Also, they could tone down the amount that a dye affects the weapon color.

Weapons/back Dye !

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Changing the weapon/back color according to your class/spec is very enjoyable and interesting

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

We all run the same two builds for each class, the least they could do is let us paint every inch of our characters.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

How stupid is it that we can already dye metal armor? We don’t just dye the clothe parts. I don’t find it necessary, but I would certainly like to be able to dye my weapons.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: prism.4982

prism.4982

I played GW1 extensively (GWAMM here) so I can tell you in no uncertain terms that dyeing weapons would be a COLOSSAL bonus.

Some parts of the weapons wouldn’t be dyeable of course, like maybe the flame from a Fiery Dragon Sword etc, but just google ‘coloring chaos axe’ and you’ll see what it means

Also…

Blue-flame Incinerator: your argument is invalid :P

(edited by prism.4982)

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They made a design decision early on to not enable dyeing weapons. Apparently, this reduced development time and made it easier for them to introduce more weapon/weapon sets more often.

I’d love to dye my weapons, but I respect the trade-off, i.e. I’m also happy having more variety.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I never saw the point in dying weapons in GW1, normally all it did was dye the hilt, or hand grip on Axes and Hammers. I’m not against it, just don’t see the point as it would probably be the same in GW2.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

yes we need to be able to dye weapons.

i can never understand how we can dye armor but not weapons.

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

That’s weird but the Dreamer isn’t?

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I don’t know, what would twilight look like if you applied celestial dye? The thing most of you seem to be ignoring is that this isn’t simple. All the armor is made to be dyed, while backpieces and weapons were designed with very specific coloring schemes.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

Maybe not include legendaries and SAB weapons? (Just because there are multiple SAB weapons with different colors).

Many of the weapons are pretty unique themselves, and I think it’d be tricky to set those up to by dyed. But weapons such as the Fellblade and Chaos Weapons can easily be dyed (and very desirably, too! )

I’d love being able to dye weapons, but I’m not sure it’s possible with every make and model.

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I don’t know, what would twilight look like if you applied celestial dye? The thing most of you seem to be ignoring is that this isn’t simple. All the armor is made to be dyed, while backpieces and weapons were designed with very specific coloring schemes.

(I know it would be a lot of work regardless of this)

But if they mimicked Dark Age of Camelot when they added weapon dyeing, some weapons would be dyeable, others would not.

I think it would be help character customization a lot even if we were to get something simple, like only the weapon skins used for iron class weapon can by dyed. (iron class being your basic masterwork weapon skin)

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

As much sense as dyeing armor.

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: Mordeus.1234

Mordeus.1234

I’m not going to lie that there haven’t been times where I have wanted to dye my weapons. But if it really was a choice in the early development process between Armor or Weapons… then I think they made the right call. The difficulty in making weapons dyeable comes from the wide range of dyes and that many weapons have advanced particle effects. I think they could easily give the non-legendary weapons dye channels but to give them all the option would be time consuming.

If they were to give the option, I could see them capping it with rarity. Like weapons that are Ascended or Legendary are the equivalent of GW1’s unique weapons that can’t be dyed. But weapons you get from low level crafting and loot like Fine, Masterwork or Rare are able to be dyed.

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: Hynoris.3684

Hynoris.3684

This game is a fashion simulator this option is long overdue.

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

would be a great option, but I could imagine that it’d be a LOT of work for them to do.

maybe instead of dyes the same way armor is dyed, have a “weapon dye-er” that can dye your weapons with simple changes, e.g. green/blue/red/white/black/yellow/purple. and only have certain weapons dye-able and roll more out as time goes on.

it’d be much less work imo and would help with the problem of say, ascended weapons literally just being recolors.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Weapons/back Dye !

Ephemiel.5694

If i start seeing yellow axes around or rainbow swords, i’m blaming you guys!!

“Would you kindly?”

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

If i start seeing yellow axes around or rainbow swords, i’m blaming you guys!!

Have you not seen the bows that shoot neighing unicorns, pistols that laugh or whatever, and giant surfboards on sticks that are bright yellow and black depending on the time of day?

Yellow axes and rainbow swords should be the least of your concerns if this actually happens, but I don’t see it happening any time soon if ever.

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: Mordeus.1234

Mordeus.1234

ITheNormalPerson.9275, that’s a good idea. It would be a simple Hue shift. Hues can be broken up into degrees. So you could get 6 basic hues; Red is 0/360, Yellow is 60, Green is 120, Aqua is 180, Blue is 240, Pink is 300.

It’s not perfect and would result in some strange looking combos but it is simplistic and most basic way to change a weapons colour.

The Daydreamer weapons would change to the following

1. Blue metal, Pink glow
2. Pink metal, gold glow
3. Red metal, Yellow/Green glow
4. Gold metal, Green glow (Default)
5. Green metal, Blue glow
6. Aqua metal, Purple glow

When it came to basic weapons like the Iron Dagger, most of it would shift in hue aside from the grey steel, that would stay relatively the same.

I guess they could apply the hue effect through a filter, and maybe they could make it a hue slider so you could get subtle shifts in hue. Don’t know how hard it would be add an effect filter though.

Weapons/back Dye !

The Demonic Spirit.3157

ITheNormalPerson.9275, that’s a good idea. It would be a simple Hue shift. Hues can be broken up into degrees. So you could get 6 basic hues; Red is 0/360, Yellow is 60, Green is 120, Aqua is 180, Blue is 240, Pink is 300.

It’s not perfect and would result in some strange looking combos but it is simplistic and most basic way to change a weapons colour.

The Daydreamer weapons would change to the following

1. Blue metal, Pink glow
2. Pink metal, gold glow
3. Red metal, Yellow/Green glow
4. Gold metal, Green glow (Default)
5. Green metal, Blue glow
6. Aqua metal, Purple glow

When it came to basic weapons like the Iron Dagger, most of it would shift in hue aside from the grey steel, that would stay relatively the same.

I guess they could apply the hue effect through a filter, and maybe they could make it a hue slider so you could get subtle shifts in hue. Don’t know how hard it would be add an effect filter though.

Nice ideas
+1

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: Pyro.4765

Pyro.4765

I don’t have strong feelings about dyeing weapons, but back pieces are something I would very much enjoy the ability to dye. It’s at the point where I disable them the vast majority of the time because they don’t match my clothing and I don’t want to redo my clothing to match them.

It actually miffs me a bit that they apparently invested so many artistic resources in adding animated and jiggleboned pieces to the crafter’s backpacks rather than making them aesthetically versatile. And if a lot of players are going to be running around wearing unnaturally stiff angel wings I’d at least like those wings match the rest of their gear.

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

Makes total sense especially since it was possible in the 1st game.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dye

gw2 is a lot more cosmetic based than gw1 was so it makes total sense to allow weapon dyeing.

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t think this will ever be an option. It would require reworking several thousand of weapons and backpieces to put in dye channels. It would take hours/days of work for a minor cosmetic change. I don’t see them ever taking the time to do that.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

we could dye weapons in gw1 so why not add it to gw2? loved my black voltaic spear!!!

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

I agree especially with the back piece… Except for the Spinal blade which i built especially for my engineer with my engineer’s color scheme in mind, i pretty much had to change the dyes on all my other characters to fit the scheme of the backpack.
Most flagrant recent example of that is that i bought the balthazar outfit for my warrior, and basically had to recolor it to match the back from the pvP reward track.

Weapons/back Dye !

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i would love to be able to dye my weapons. there are some real nice weapons out there that i would pick up if i could dye them

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood