Week 1... Underwhelmed

Week 1... Underwhelmed

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

We were promised a full week of reveals for each class specialization… we are two days into the first reveal week…. and well… I can’t say i’m impressed. All we have gotten is a single picture… With new elites, new utilities, new traits, and a new weapon there seems to be a lot of stuff to tell us… so where is it?

If a “week full of reveals” is just going to be one blog post on Friday then color me disappointed.

Week 1... Underwhelmed

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Did they actually say a “full week of reveals”? I seem to recall it being more along the lines of one being focused per week.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Week 1... Underwhelmed

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

They never even implied a “full week of reveals” they only said each specialization would get it’s own week. That starts this week and given their previous schedule that means,

Wed: an interview they won’t tell us about.
Thurs: a blog post telling us the same thing that was in the interview
Fri: a POI/Ready Up about the blog post.

Week 1... Underwhelmed

Posted by: DontJudgeMe.3958

DontJudgeMe.3958

Wed/Thurs seems to be the day for their blog posts nowadays.

So just wait a day or two and you’ll get all the info for the first elite specialization.

Next week another.

Week 1... Underwhelmed

ZudetGambeous.9573

They never even implied a “full week of reveals” they only said each specialization would get it’s own week. That starts this week and given their previous schedule that means,

Well that’s somewhat disappointing. This expansion seems to be a trickle of small things instead of a flood of big reveals. Hopefully we get some interesting information in the interview at least.

Week 1... Underwhelmed

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Did they actually say a “full week of reveals”? I seem to recall it being more along the lines of one being focused per week.

Funny how the “one being focused per week” suddenly became “a full DAY of reveals”

Week 1... Underwhelmed

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Well that’s somewhat disappointing. This expansion seems to be a trickle of small things instead of a flood of big reveals. Hopefully we get some interesting information in the interview at least.

It’s only disappointing if you aren’t someone that wants everything right now. I’m confident that the content they are revealing is properly portioned so we aren’t sitting around for a few months going “So what new?”

Week 1... Underwhelmed

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I dunno, last week was pretty great. There’s plenty of info and possibilities and speculation and brainstorming for several more weeks on what they revealed last week by itself…and it’s not even going to be a part of the expansion.

If the train keeps even some of last week’s steam, I think we’ll be in good shape.

Week 1... Underwhelmed

Posted by: Latinkuro.9615

Latinkuro.9615

the reveal of the 1st elite spec is on Friday don’t know what you’re reading and where buddy.

Week 1... Underwhelmed

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Its seems to be going like this, info wens/thurs, ready up Friday, summary on Monday. I expect this pattern to hold true for awhile.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Week 1... Underwhelmed

ZudetGambeous.9573

I dunno, last week was pretty great. There’s plenty of info and possibilities and speculation and brainstorming for several more weeks on what they revealed last week by itself…and it’s not even going to be a part of the expansion.

If the train keeps even some of last week’s steam, I think we’ll be in good shape.

I agree last week was great. I was hoping that would be the new pace of information as we got closer to release. Seems most people are happy with the trickle of info though. I guess the expansion is still pretty far off so they need to go slowly.

Week 1... Underwhelmed

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I agree last week was great. I was hoping that would be the new pace of information as we got closer to release. Seems most people are happy with the trickle of info though. I guess the expansion is still pretty far off so they need to go slowly.

If you thought last week was great what’s the issue with this week?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Week 1... Underwhelmed

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

All the information contained in an elite specialization could be spilled in 5 minutes or less if you cared about clarity and transfer of information. We’re talking 2 to 5 weapon skills, 6 right-hand tray skills, 3 minor traits, 9 major traits, and maybe some tinkering with the f1-f4 stuff. Include a pretty picture of the icons if you’re really close to being ready.

Think how much work goes into stretching that out over more than one useful, concise blog post with one page of notes like every competent fan site with re-collate out of the froth 75 seconds after it’s posted. Fueling the hype train takes skill .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.