Weeks,Months,Years?

Weeks,Months,Years?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

Just wondering but is there any idea as to a time frame from Anet yet as to weather we can expect this next month or next years etc?

Weeks,Months,Years?

Posted by: Crossflip.4390

Crossflip.4390

I really did think you were asking about the weather

Weeks,Months,Years?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They haven’t announced anything. If you want an estimation, it’s looking like it’ll be late August. The announcement of pre-purchasing will be the key, which they should reveal within the next few weeks. If they don’t, it’s very likely that HoT won’t be released until December+.

Until they announce the date, it’s fairly safe to assume that it won’t be released within the next 3 months.

Weeks,Months,Years?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m guessing/hoping they’ll announce the time frame at E3 in June, though since they aren’t supposed to commit to a date until their game systems are mostly ready, and they want our beta feedback on those, that might be a tad early for them to lock in a date.

Though I still think it’ll be at the end of August since that’s the 3rd anniversary of launch and is a reasonable amount of time for them to finalize the announced systems.

Weeks,Months,Years?

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Based on people who kept saying that ArenaNet has been working on a “secret project” since release, and who have been using that as an excuse for the low quality of the content we have received so far (“look, Season X was bad, but that’s because only a couple people worked in it and most of ArenaNet was focused on the Secret Project!!!!”), the expansion will be released tomorrow.

Based on people who think the expansion is a desperate move after the failures that were Seasons 1 and 2, with ArenaNet hurting for money and needing a quick grab right now, the expansion will be released between September and October.

Based on people who remember the wait between GW1 and GW2, and how ArenaNet’s “iterative process” often means restarting from scratch, the expansion will be released on late 2016.

Based on the former SWG players, the expansion will never be released, NCSoft will shut down ArenaNet before that happens.

Weeks,Months,Years?

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

Numbers for necro aren’t done…. nor mesmer… nor guard….

This week they skipped the preview, and I can only imagine it’s because nothing else was far enough along to preview.

I think december is optimistic.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Weeks,Months,Years?

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

I expect the next 2 weeks we’ll be seeing Chrono and Reaper PvP footage + boring rehashed info we’ve all already heard. Then they’ll reveal 3 more specializations and repeat. So, we have 12 more weeks of reveals + PvP footage (not including the reaper) which puts us in october already. Then they have Reaper reveal part 2 + specialization, guild halls, new PvE exp, lore, etc… its looking closer to dec unless they start picking up the pace.

Weeks,Months,Years?

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

Numbers for necro aren’t done…. nor mesmer… nor guard….

This week they skipped the preview, and I can only imagine it’s because nothing else was far enough along to preview.

I think december is optimistic.

I imagine they skipped it to show the Lion’s Arch thing. Of course, one of the Anet guys said that they “don’t reveal anything if it’s not ready”, so it likely was cause they had nothing ready as you say.

“Would you kindly?”

Weeks,Months,Years?

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

I imagine they skipped it to show the Lion’s Arch thing.

To Anet the big news wasn’t Lion’s Arch, it was WvW (since that got both a blog post and a stream).

Weeks,Months,Years?

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

The pace of this is nearly enough to make me install TERA/ESO and get invested in those again…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Weeks,Months,Years?

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

Based on people who kept saying that ArenaNet has been working on a “secret project” since release, and who have been using that as an excuse for the low quality of the content we have received so far (“look, Season X was bad, but that’s because only a couple people worked in it and most of ArenaNet was focused on the Secret Project!!!!”), the expansion will be released tomorrow.

Based on people who think the expansion is a desperate move after the failures that were Seasons 1 and 2, with ArenaNet hurting for money and needing a quick grab right now, the expansion will be released between September and October.

Based on people who remember the wait between GW1 and GW2, and how ArenaNet’s “iterative process” often means restarting from scratch, the expansion will be released on late 2016.

Based on the former SWG players, the expansion will never be released, NCSoft will shut down ArenaNet before that happens.

that should get a sticky nicely done

Weeks,Months,Years?

Posted by: Kelnis.1829

Kelnis.1829

I’m going to respond with the phrase everyone loves to hear: “When it is ready.”

Now, I really want to see this get released before Q3. Like, it should really be released as soon as possible. The whole “bi-weekly release schedule” doesn’t really work when you go through huge content droughts with no updates (other than BLTC cash grabs) for many months.

While I am loyal to Arenanet and I will continue to support them, they need to act quickly to reinvigorate the game across the board. Assuming they follow the reveal schedule and keep up the weekly “something new gets posted” cadence, they will keep the hype levels alive, though, largely comatose.

Unless you’re working on a DX12 client, then…one of you devs can ping me, and I’ll… buy you guys beer and cake and throw more money at the gem store too. Your secret would be safe with me.

Weeks,Months,Years?

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

2 weeks of chrono/reaper pvp footage
3weeks of new reveals
3 weeks of reveals pvp footage
3 weeks new reveals
3 weeks of last reveals
3 weeks of last reveals pvp footage
add 2/3 weeks of irrelevant content
add 2/3 weeks for the review of the beta events

The game will be launched in 5/6 months so either Out/Nov

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

Weeks,Months,Years?

Posted by: PorceleinEve.2973

PorceleinEve.2973

This, pretty much this. But as a member of the “desperate move” camp, most of us -i think- are on the December release train. :P

Weeks,Months,Years?

Posted by: Spiritz Wamphryi.8316

Spiritz Wamphryi.8316

Tbh – to expect the game to be released in the next month as its in closed betas is a bit much.More likely around the 6 months mark – remember what happened in gw1 with the 4th addon ( utopia) which ended up being cancelled in production and we got instead the EOTN mish mash – which always felt unfinished and rushed ( parts of uropia were changed and used – eg destroyers changing from utopia concept to eotn/present concept.
I`ll be happy when the games released rather than speculating and getting annoyed its taking so long

Weeks,Months,Years?

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Probably right after SAB comes back!

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Weeks,Months,Years?

Posted by: Spiritz Wamphryi.8316

Spiritz Wamphryi.8316

Probably right after SAB comes back!

Lol – can you imagine both being released same time – the poor SAB`ers wont know what to do – " oooo sab no wait Hot … no sab …. arghhhh !!!!!"