Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

A Bow that shoots Bears.

shoots bearbows*

What Legendaries Are You Hoping For?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’d like to see a couple more ice-themed ones. I have zero expectation it’ll happen, but there it is.

there’s a whole set of ice-themed weapons, do you also need ice legendaries? :P

seriously, ice is the most recurring equipment theme after fire (SO MANY FIRE STUFF)

Plants comes in significantly ahead of ice . By some count’s Asuran weapons are more common than ice also.

That said, you’re right. I’m really more interested in ice armor (of which there is none).

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

This game is all about “skins” and customizing what you want your character to wear and wield. I can’t believe they’ve waited this long to introduce more.
But in answer to the OP’s question:
There should be legendaries that not only reflect each race but should also appeal to a variety of “moods” ie dark and grim, serious or more realistic looking as well as the ridiculous and over the top.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Less joke weapons and less ridiculous over the top ones as well. Pistol and scepter are prime examples of both extremes. I think they are both horrible.

Everyone has their own opinions, but I actually thought that the scepter (Meteorlogicus) was one that actually looks more legendary. It doesn’t look cartoonish and there is nothing out there like it.

The pistol I can agree with. Many of the others do look less than impressive for a legendary item.

I am hoping for legendaries that look solely unique from other game weapons. Like many have said, I would also like it to look like something someone would say, “That’s the legendary (Fill in the Name) isn’t it?!?” Instead of “That thing is a legendary weapon?” To which they proceed to laugh at you.

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

A Bow that shoots Bears.

shoots bearbows*

I actually lol’d.

I hope they take the opportunity to bring in some weapons from from the previous races who battled the dragons. A legendary Jotun mace that we would use as a hammer or something. maybe a scale from Zhaitan as a sheild. I like the idea of weapons that could be relevant to the story And feel legendary.

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

seriously, ice is the most recurring equipment theme after fire (SO MANY FIRE STUFF)

Plants comes in significantly ahead of ice . By some count’s Asuran weapons are more common than ice also.

That said, you’re right. I’m really more interested in ice armor (of which there is none).

The real issue is there’s no earth themed legendary. No legendary for magma either (four different “magma” greatswords though Molten alliance, flame legion, destroyer and volcanus). The closest thing is Kudzu, but plant is arguably its own element (especially in GW2).

Still, the top candidates for too many options are fire, plant (due to Sylvari), mechanical (magitech or steampunk, thanks to the Charr, Asura, Aetherblade and Dredge) and oddly enough Ocean (having three legendaries, one more than fire if you don’t count Predator or Sunrise)

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Iam hopeing for a grim looking Staff for my Necro, the white marbor staff that farts rainbows dosent really scream Necro. And I dont like any other leg. weapons for my Nec either currently

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

I thought a hand cannon like mega man that looks like a charr invention would be cool for a pistol. I wish we could have a customizable color options as well But I understand that’s asking a lot.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

I’d like to see a couple more ice-themed ones. I have zero expectation it’ll happen, but there it is.

now that i think about it, yeah. but hey, ice also has a ton of unique skins :P

i think we can all agree though, that we need less fire, legendary or not :P

personally, i’m hoping that from the new set of legendaries, there’s something cool for my thief. i don’t like the over-the-topness of bolt, the fact incinerator hardly qualifies as a dagger (especially on the one profession without access to burn :P), or the joke weapons quip and dreamer. in fact, i’m currently working towards kudzu, a weapon i doubt my main (the thief) will ever get to wield, specializations or not, because of my ranger (and because none of the thief options appealed to me).

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

well if we speak “element” themes… then why not a twisted watchwork one(gears and green zappy stuff), a chaos one(purple mesmer stuff and crystals and things), a bone one(spooky scary skeletons), a water based one (not underwater weapon) and so on. Might be interresting too

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

None of the current ones have ever appealed to me, and their finally getting a sensible method of obtainment won’t change that.

Well, I guess technically once. For the two to three days when the Predator sounded like a real sniper rifle instead of a cheap walmart toy, I considered getting it for the warrior I was (and am still) leveling up. But whiny tasteless players ruined that.

I just prefer stuff that is fitting and tasteful over loud and flashy. And so far most of the legendaries fall in the latter category.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

We need each legendary category to have an opposite. Currently silly or outlandish legendaries need a serious or sleek alternative. That way people have some choice depending on what sort of character they have.

We also need weapons that no longer presume their wielder to be a certain class. Dagger is not just for thieves for example and staff is no longer just to be for arcane casters.

Pistols are also no longer just for clowns (who invented quip anyhow?).

BrunoBRS.5178

Dagger is not just for thieves

how is a blowtorch a thief weapon? if anything, i always thought it worked best on eles, who actually use fire.

Posted by: Neverless.2830

Neverless.2830

I know people are tired of fire themed skins, but I’d like a two handed weapon with a solar aesthetic. No traditional fire or the like, but with actual solar flares and prominences generated by the weapon. Something like this: http://imgur.com/gallery/44cYg

Perhaps the footfall effects could be sunspots.

(edited by Neverless.2830)

Posted by: Tyrannical.9348

Tyrannical.9348

I’m personally wanting a Warhorn that looks like a brass instrument like a saxophone, and a rifle that looks more line a cannon or grenade launcher

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Yeah, outside of the several weapons like the greatswords, the shield and perhaps the staff, a huge chunk of the legendaries that I see bring me out of the immersion. The Dreamer, while it looks fun is still at it’s core a very silly weapon to use when killing hordes of dragon minions for instance. If anything, I desire lore sensitive weapons.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

BrunoBRS.5178

I know people are tired of fire themed skins, but I’d like a two handed weapon with a solar aesthetic. No traditional fire or the like, but with actual solar flares and prominences generated by the weapon. Something like this: http://imgur.com/gallery/44cYg

don’t twilight and/or sunrise fill the “sun and pretty goo” niche already?

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Legendary Trinkets that would give your character special glows/auras/effects

9 Guardians later…

BrunoBRS.5178

we kinda already have that, except they’re not legendary, and they take an upgrade slot.

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I kind of want them to release two additional legendary weapons for all, but greatsword as it already has more than the other weapons.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

we kinda already have that, except they’re not legendary, and they take an upgrade slot.

I forgot to add, “ones that look nice”

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

I want a legendary longbow that actually looks cool and legendary. Something like this:

Attachments:

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

It’s a pity that there is no legendary shortbow for hetero male characters. I hope they will add a new shortbow that shoots out sharks. :P

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

I forgot to add, “ones that look nice”

Vikkela said SPECIAL. The upgrades -except the black one- are nothing more than an everlasting hylek potion. in fact there are more colors u can get from consumables than that

BrunoBRS.5178

I want a legendary longbow that actually looks cool and legendary. Something like this:

matter of taste, i guess. i just see an overdesigned harp.

Posted by: Neverless.2830

Neverless.2830

don’t twilight and/or sunrise fill the “sun and pretty goo” niche already?

:p I’m a sucker for particle effects. Plus I wouldn’t mind something that looks a tad more three dimensional than skybox trails.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

I might be interested in legendaries if they had profession themed ones instead of the comic versions we have today.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

I might be interested in legendaries if they had profession themed ones instead of the comic versions we have today.

well they DID datamine this thing here quite a while ago. Not saying its a legendary…or will ever be released..but it does look quite “druid” imo

http://i.imgur.com/14apRbn.png

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Actually on a different note, I’d like to see a weapon that changes color. Not like bifrost. Starting the fight it should have a bright, glowing aura and as the fight progresses and your health goes down it should become darker with maybe a red hue. The weapon could change color as well. Give it a unique sigil that deals extra damage when below 50% health. A real nod to how some inscriptions worked in GW1.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I’m personally wanting a Warhorn that looks like a brass instrument like a saxophone, and a rifle that looks more line a cannon or grenade launcher

For the warhorn, there’s always http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aetherized_Warhorn_Skin

I really like Aetherized skins. The compound bows are very neat. Too bad about the price they go for.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

I would want another long bow who stay on the trend of Kudzu: floral, woods, sylvary. Of course with a different design, but with the same trend.
That would be the only legendary that i would make.

BrunoBRS.5178

I would want another long bow who stay on the trend of Kudzu: floral, woods, sylvary. Of course with a different design, but with the same trend.
That would be the only legendary that i would make.

eh, much as i love kudzu, we don’t need two legendaries with the same theme on the same weapon type. variety is the spice of life.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

In general… thing that looks less like a Joke. Bows in particylar… I hope for somthing tribal or nature oriented… also Ice themed things would be welcome. So far I havnt even wanted any of the legendaries…..

Kima & Co

Posted by: conn.2097

conn.2097

Elemental Sword from GW1!
Legendary or not doesn’t really matter, some MF recipe with Molten/Glacial Lodestones would be fine, too. I just want to have it in GW2 q.q

Attachments:

BrunoBRS.5178

Elemental Sword from GW1!
Legendary or not doesn’t really matter, some MF recipe with Molten/Glacial Lodestones would be fine, too. I just want to have it in GW2 q.q

that’s one hip ritualist :P

Posted by: evanlegion.7680

evanlegion.7680

something like this would be nice plus they can do a “divine” version of this

Attachments:

BrunoBRS.5178

something like this would be nice plus they can do a “divine” version of this

“where do you keep your pet fish?”

“in a fishbow!”

ba-dum tsh

…i’ll see myself out.

Posted by: Imperios.2543

Imperios.2543

Weapons rooted in lore.

I’d like a legendary to have a backstory behind it.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

First off, for every “party” or “silly” legendary, I want a serious one. That means a serious staff, mace, pistol, speargun, shortbow, and focus.

In all honesty, I’d love Caladbolg as the greatsword, Scepter of Orr for staff, and Magdaer for sword. But at the same time, I don’t want plot-focus legendaries equipped by players left and right. So…

I’d love to see legendaries that are nods to GW1 (of course, special effects must be added):

Honestly, legendary or not, I’d love to see those skins and many others make a return.

And add some lore for the new and old legendaries. Hopefully the collections will parttake in that, but here’s hoping anyways.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

BrunoBRS.5178

First off, for every “party” or “silly” legendary, I want a serious one. That means a serious staff, mace, pistol, speargun, shortbow, and focus.

In all honesty, I’d love Caladbolg as the greatsword, Scepter of Orr for staff, and Magdaer for sword. But at the same time, I don’t want plot-focus legendaries equipped by players left and right. So…

I’d love to see legendaries that are nods to GW1 (of course, special effects must be added):

Honestly, legendary or not, I’d love to see those skins and many others make a return.

And add some lore for the new and old legendaries. Hopefully the collections will parttake in that, but here’s hoping anyways.

…what’s wrong with the bifrost? ._. it’s the physical embodiment of the norse rainbow bridge that connects the worlds. also not sure what’s wrong with frenzy? maybe you just have a problem with colors?

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

I wonder when Anet will do the “Weapon concept art contest” they used to do for GW.
It’s like a contest where players summit drawings for weapons, not whole sets, and the winners get made into the game. That would be superb in my opinion. I’ve been waiting for it.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’d like to see fire and lightning themes for the two bows, one for each.

Staff needs something darker, that looks like you could easily beat someone to death with it.

Pistol needs a hand crossbow.

Sword needs something more like the Rainbow sword from Chrono Trigger. A mostly normal sword with a prismatic material for the blade, that leaves a FAINT color trail as it swings. Downplay the FX.

Mace needs its dignity back.

Dagger needs something that looks like it belongs in the operating room scene of a horror movie.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

…what’s wrong with the bifrost? ._. it’s the physical embodiment of the norse rainbow bridge that connects the worlds. also not sure what’s wrong with frenzy? maybe you just have a problem with colors?

The model for bifrost itself is amazingly boring. Don’t care much about the rainbow itself, but the model just plain needs to be fancier. And frenzy is just plain ugly. I feel people just have bad taste.

BrunoBRS.5178

The model for bifrost itself is amazingly boring. Don’t care much about the rainbow itself, but the model just plain needs to be fancier. And frenzy is just plain ugly. I feel people just have bad taste.

i agree that the bifrost could use a cooler model, but the rainbow is the awesome part about it. and i like frenzy’s fish aura.

either way, my point is he put those two in the same category as “shortbow that fires unicorns” and “disco ball mace”, when they’re clearly not intended to be “joke weapons”.

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

i agree that the bifrost could use a cooler model, but the rainbow is the awesome part about it. and i like frenzy’s fish aura.

either way, my point is he put those two in the same category as “shortbow that fires unicorns” and “disco ball mace”, when they’re clearly not intended to be “joke weapons”.

Fair enough. I just wish some of the effort that has gone into the RNG lotto weapons from lockboxes would go into the new legendaries. Fused, Ley Line, Tormented, Dream Thistle, Pact Fleet, Tempest and even Pheonix seem to have more effort put into them them Bifrost or Frenzy.

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

I’m hoping the new legendary weapons fit themes for the new profession specializations that are getting them.

I remember a leaked staff legendary like a year ago that just screamed ‘druid’ all over it.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

First, I’d like a reskin of Bolt, but not likely of course. The lightning effect could do with a tweak. I have some ideas but that’s OTT.

I think profession related skins would be well worth the effort.

-A necro staff that looks suitably Necro-ish
-An elementalist staff that changes effect depending on your element. When using fire, a crackle of fire ignites and stays at the top and bottom of the staff (HODGIIIINS!); Air, a tornado blasts from the ground then settles into a swirling column of air surrounds the character. Water, a waterfall spirals a stream down the staff.
-Something like the Hammer of the Great Dwarf for Guards, Warrs and soon to be Engis, which causes an explosion of cracks to form in the ground when drawn. Has a special sound effect like the footfalls of hundreds of dwarves going to war.
-Daggers with a black lightning effect, that crackles up the arm of the wielder
-More Foci that strap to the arm, like The Anomaly, Chimeric Prism, which changes the projectile shape when fired, example Necro skill 4.
-A shield that looks like a cloud that wraps around your character, but solidifies when in combat and crackles with lightning
-A rifle that paints a cross hair on its target and fires a shot like an asura laser

Posted by: shadowfanatik.5160

shadowfanatik.5160

i want a dagger that looks like brass knuckles called
kilroy’s facebreaker
also just for good measure, on a critical hit or killing blow it could have your character shout
KIIILLLLLROOOOOOY STOOOOOOONNNNNEKIIIIIIN!!!!!

Raak Bloodmaw

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

Armor, accessories and a backpiece.