What Legendaries Are You Hoping For?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

My only wish for the new legendaries is, that they don’t look like oversized/exagerated shiny beacons or like some stuff stolen from a 70’s rollerblade disco. Already got plenty of those, now off to some good looking, theme fitting legendaries plz?

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Thagyr.4136

Thagyr.4136

I’m sure that a toy pistol would be considered ‘legendary’ due to its actual lethal uses despite its appearance, but it doesn’t make an impressive image. It looks more like a holiday item or something awarded from birthdays.

I want a pistol that shoots freakin lazer beams. Not streamers and bubbles

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

I want an impressive pistol. Like a .50 cal. Something Dirty Harry would be proud of. Or something that would fit in with Judge Dredd.

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I’m sure that a toy pistol would be considered ‘legendary’ due to its actual lethal uses despite its appearance, but it doesn’t make an impressive image. It looks more like a holiday item or something awarded from birthdays.

I want a pistol that shoots freakin lazer beams. Not streamers and bubbles

I’m with you on that. I would like to see one that has a style that was inspired by those old sci-fi films. With glowing light up parts that don’t do anything and makes pew pew sounds.

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Well If I buy expansion I will probably get every legendary in game, because there wont be RNG involved… But after that crafting I wont get any because of rng…

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Well If I buy expansion I will probably get every legendary in game, because there wont be RNG involved… But after that crafting I wont get any because of rng…

well another reason to fork over some bucks to get it then hm?

Anyways… i sat down yesterday and was playing a bit arround with z brush while watching tv…something like this would be kittening amazing (imo)

Attachments:

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

I want an impressive pistol. Like a .50 cal. Something Dirty Harry would be proud of. Or something that would fit in with Judge Dredd.

so…you want a sniper rifle that is designed to destroy a heavy armored tank made in the late 90’s?
you do realize that’s not only ridicules, it doesn’t even fit the game at all….

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Anyways… i sat down yesterday and was playing a bit arround with z brush while watching tv…something like this would be kittening amazing (imo)

so this with extra gears and a bayonet?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Basaltface.2786

so this with extra gears and a bayonet?

yea and watchwork themed zappy particle effect and textures

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/3ed8dScarlet-A.jpg

Basically like scarlet´s minions

I didnt bother to map and texture it… was just messing arround kitten afterall

(edited by Basaltface.2786)

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

so…you want a sniper rifle that is designed to destroy a heavy armored tank made in the late 90’s?

Already a sniper rifle in game, so I don’t know what you are babbling about. And what is so ridiculous about the S&W 500?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_%26_Wesson_Model_500

I just want a pistol that is a bit bulkier.

Basaltface.2786

Already a sniper rifle in game, so I don’t know what you are babbling about. And what is so ridiculous about the S&W 500?

well the ascended pistols are pretty much revolvers and the aetherblade one is basically a revolver with some steampunk stuff glued to it. Dunno if that would make a good legendary.. but exotic…certainly (imo of course)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Offhands only. Seriously sick of seeing glowing surfboards.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Anything not silly, stupid or “funny” looking. No more disco-ball maces and pony bows, please.

What I would like to see most are daggers with an effect similar to Bolt’s lightning sparks. I love lightning, but I barely use sword on any of my characters.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

(edited by Milennin.4825)

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

It’d be cool to see alternative versions of existing weapons in the game.

Wow had the Shadowmourne when you certainly couldn’t own the actual Frostmourne.

There could be a third sister blade to the Sonothin blade, or a blade that shares similar origins to Caladbolg.

After all, Caladbolg is made from the Pale Tree’s bark. Seems an ideal precursor mastery quest to obtain bark of your own.

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

Weapons big enough to see on my asura :/

BrunoBRS.5178

Or something that would fit in with Judge Dredd.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Quick_Shot

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

i’d like to see serious legendary versions of ‘funny’ legendaries (quip and moot come to mind) though if they did that, i wouldn’t mind a couple more comic legends (hey, make a joke character – or a completely crazy off-his-rocker one sporting such legendaries.)

although i wouldn’t mind seeing something familiar like Magdaer as a legendary made available. (‘But that would interfere with the timeline and its right in the dungeon!’ have you been looking at the game at all recently? what with ruined lions arch existing in PS and post-claw island messup among others?)

I’d also like to see come GW1 skins return as legendaries or precursors. I always liked Draconic Aegis and would love to see it as a precursor or legendary. Also one of the necro ‘gauntlet’ focus skins as a precursor or legendary.

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Pistol, hammer and bows

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

More joke legendaries

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Kudzu is not a joke weapon. Flowery, feminine, yes. But not a joke weapon. Quip, the dreamer, the moot – now those are joke weapons.

Posted by: Doctor Faustus.6372

Doctor Faustus.6372

i hope for a cool dark themed shortbow and harpoon gun.
the rifle will be my next legendary and the last one till the expansions release.
since only shortbow and harpoongun are left i hope the new shortbow and harpoongun will be insane. don’t really care about the rest because already got legendaries there.

[vC] Doctor Faustus.6372

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Legendaries took such an amount of dedication and time that I really can’t understand how can they be so poorly conceived. Their design are not so bad, but “not so bad” is NOT what a LEGENDARY should be. Considering they are, after all, the top, most difficult and challenging gear to get in the game, I found their functionality lacking too.

A True Legendary Weapon should:

- Have a superb, finely detailed and tastefull appearance (Aka, great design).

- Have a superb, finely detailed and epic in-game story (Aka, great lore).

- Have a superb, strong and well thought “theme”, flexible enough to match diverse player tastes. (Aka, great wardrobe compatibility)

- Have a superb, notable yet not game breaking, unique mechanic superior to other means available. (Aka, great gameplay) (Examples: non battle speed boost, non battle jump boost or non battle fall damage reduction, the ability to mine, cut logs or forage faster, the chance to get specific extra loot from nodes or drops, special extra skills that allows you to detect specific materials, countdown for specific bosses spawning while in-game, etc) Even the inclusion of a new elite skill unique for each Legendary should be adequate, IMO.

- Have 5 separated and carefully adjusted 3D models to match every one of the 5 playable races. (No more clippings)
They should also have a consistent size: legendaries of Norn origin should look big on human hands and oversized on Asura toons, while legendaries of Asura origin should be more proportionate to asuran standards than to the bigger races.
The 3D models have to look good on every race while taking account of the change in the proportions.

- Have selectable color areas like armor, AND offer their own, unique set of dyes that you can’t acquire anywere else. This way, you can adjust the weapon to your prefered look, or adjust your toon to “match the legend”.

- Have more alternatives for each weapon type. At least 3: one epic, one gritty, one fun. All of them should have the same amount of dedicated and well written lore.
Joke weapons are good for me as long as they are not the only alternatives, and as long as they have great lore imbued to them. (Quip can be a pistol enchanted by the Mad King, The Moot could be an artifact from the same guy that make the mechanic orchestra in Divinitys Reach, etc.)

TLDR
1- Learn to read. Is good for you.
2- Legendaries as they are now are worthless and poorly implemented. Make them better, aestetic and gameplay wise. Add variety, add flexibility, add lore, add mechanics.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: poisonality.8972

poisonality.8972

less glowy, maybe some more actual artistic blades rather than a blurred shape and solar flares

Posted by: Sold Out.7625

Sold Out.7625

- Have a superb, notable yet not game breaking, unique mechanic superior to other means available. (Aka, great gameplay) (Examples: non battle speed boost, non battle jump boost or non battle fall damage reduction, the ability to mine, cut logs or forage faster, the chance to get specific extra loot from nodes or drops, special extra skills that allows you to detect specific materials, countdown for specific bosses spawning while in-game, etc) Even the inclusion of a new elite skill unique for each Legendary should be adequate, IMO.

They should also have a consistent size: legendaries of Norn origin should look big on human hands and oversized on Asura toons, while legendaries of Asura origin should be more proportionate to asuran standards than to the bigger races.

TLDR
1- Learn to read. Is good for you.
2- Legendaries as they are now are worthless and poorly implemented. Make them better, aestetic and gameplay wise. Add variety, add flexibility, add lore, add mechanics.

You made some mistakes in your tl;dr.

Mainly that your suggestions are game breaking and worthless, not the current legendaries. For every good idea you gave a horrible one that purely exists to stroke your superiority complex.

Leader of the Free Winds – RP, community, and all kinds of fun.
Jara Ariasdottir (Soon all classes proper!)

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

1 – Please don’t decontextualize what I wrote (Like cutting a point in half).
2 – I don’t see my ideas as horrible or gamebreaking. Maybe they are bad, but I can’t see it because you don’t give any feedback. Care to explain? Is not polite to disqualify without real argumentation.
3 – I don’t know, maybe I do have a superiority complex, but is hard for me to say. I see myself as a very normal guy.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: GiraffeRampage.6420

GiraffeRampage.6420

An undead greatsword that has a demons soul trapped in it that randomly talks to you when youre wielding it telling you to feed it souls or to release “me” and says interesting things that may have happened or will happen on the future (random gw lore), has evil demonish looking skulls by the hilt, has awesome green particle effects that drip, leaves a ghostly demon face when swiped similar to the smeared color trail of twilight/sunrise/eternity, and steals 2+ hp on crit and poisons. Basically a mix between corrupted ash bringer and frostmourne from WoW.

(edited by GiraffeRampage.6420)

BrunoBRS.5178

An undead greatsword that has a demons soul trapped in it

i read that and my head instantly went

Soul of the mind, key to life’s ether…

Posted by: GiraffeRampage.6420

GiraffeRampage.6420

An undead greatsword that has a demons soul trapped in it

i read that and my head instantly went

Soul of the mind, key to life’s ether…

Haha same idea!

Posted by: rohan king of gods.4238

rohan king of gods.4238

I would like a he -man or thunder cats type swords

He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe (Intro & Outro)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnBbW3g5y5Q

Thundercats Sword of Omens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLrSWWX07Qw

Basaltface.2786

I would like a he -man or thunder cats type swords

He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe (Intro & Outro)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnBbW3g5y5Q

Thundercats Sword of Omens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLrSWWX07Qw

you only want an excuse to make a he-man looking char >_> admit it.

But jokes aside.. id actually also love to have swords like these.

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I just want two. The [Helluva Grind] and the [Not Really Worth It]. The precursors to each will be [Zommoros Awards You] and [TP Robber Baron].

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I just want two. The [Helluva Grind] and the [Not Really Worth It]. The precursors to each will be [Zommoros Awards You] and [TP Robber Baron].

I’d +1 that more than once if the board would let me. Think of this post as a token for +8 or so…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Oh. I thought of another one that would be cool. I’d like to see a warhorn that’s has a frog on it with its chin puffing out when you blow into it and it makes a ribbet sound. When you walk it should leave lily pads behind you with a lotus blooming on top before fading away.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

what’s ridicules is that you’re asking for an anti-tank sniper rifle made in modern times, the hunter and predator are both made in a more medieval style.
the gun you’re talking about is really modern, guns in this game doesn’t go further then the civil war times.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Just hire the guy from Aion.

Attachments:

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I’m honestly hoping they move away from Legendary weapons. Anyone play Asheron’s Call? Remember the joys of completing your first atlan weapon or composite bow? The excitement when you completed your first set of elemental stones? Your greater Shadow Armor?

This game needs more of that. Engaging PvE content that is somewhat grindy, but still suitable for a single player to do at a reasonable clip. Like Mawdrey for example.

I’d personally like something like this over just more precursors and obscene gold/grind requirements.

Imagine a quest given to you by your trainer to go find some long lost artifact and a series of quests to get it imbued, improved, and completed. End result, a item truly living up to the ‘legendary’ title that a player actually enjoyed getting. It could even be class themed to add even more value to it.

Not a reward for slaying eleventybillion rabbits, getting map complete on a 5th character, and spending 500+g on obtaining a precursor.

Zanshin.5379

Legendaries don’t even look that legendary anyway. There are dungeon/boss/black lion skins that look way better that the legendary ones.

Either just continue making awesome skins that everybody can get (through quests or other means) or make the new legendaries really stand out.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Longbow that looks and sounds like machine gun.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

…what’s wrong with the bifrost? ._. it’s the physical embodiment of the norse rainbow bridge that connects the worlds. also not sure what’s wrong with frenzy? maybe you just have a problem with colors?

I know what it is, but it still feels silly, a staff that shoots rainbows… And the model itself is rather dull. I would have preferred a more prismatic glass/crystalline staff than a gnarled golden(?) staff. Perhaps if they separated the rainbows out of it, I’d like the model more. But the model and the effects just don’t match up to me, and that makes it a “silly weapon”.

And Frenzy just looks… silly to me. Personal opinion. Can’t really explain why it just… does. Can’t speak for the aura, never seen it.

The current legendaries I like, in order:

Frostfang, Kraitkin, Rogdort, Kudzu, Kamohoali’i Kotaki, The Predator, Howler, Incinerator, Bolt, The Flameseeker Prophecies, Juggernaut, Twilight, Eternity, Sunrise, The Meteorologist, The Moot, The Bifrost, The Minstrel, Frenzy, Quip, The Dreamer

After Meteologist, they all feel like “silly weapons” in looks and/or effects. If The Bifrost’s model looked cooler, I’d likely take it out, but it just doesn’t feel “Guild Wars”y to me. I blame the rainbows coming from The Dreamer.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

A longbow that shoots longbows. It can be called ‘Bowception’.

Basaltface.2786

we need to go deeper

Zanshin.5379

In Soviet Russia, longbows shoot you.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

+1.

That last pic with the black weapons and shadowy blue and black smoke look amazing. I would love something like that.

Here are a few other things I’d like to see. In particular, more focus on dark weapons with shadow effects or something – we don’t have many abyss/black/shadowy weapons. Also I wanna see more male skimpy and skin-revealing light armor in general for light clothed males. Something like the 4th pic.

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Basaltface.2786

^ well.. we are going that direction with the x-pac seemingly.. check out the axe and mace

Attachments:

Zaoda.1653

I wonder when Anet will do the “Weapon concept art contest” they used to do for GW.
It’s like a contest where players summit drawings for weapons, not whole sets, and the winners get made into the game. That would be superb in my opinion. I’ve been waiting for it.

Yeah I’ve wanted Anet to bring the design-a-weapon-contest back for soooo long now. I mean, right now, it would be an ideal time to bring it back because players could choose which legendaries make it into the game, or just skins in general. Heck, if not for designing a legendary weapon skin, just any weapon skin.

#do-want-and-need-that-Bone-Dragon-Staff-from-gw1

Zaoda.1653

Yeah those black and red weapons from the teaser pics look amazing. I’ll definitely be getting some IF they are indeed unlockable skins and not just skins that cover up your weapons when channelling some legend.

Basaltface.2786

Yeah those black and red weapons from the teaser pics look amazing. I’ll definitely be getting some IF they are indeed unlockable skins and not just skins that cover up your weapons when channelling some legend.

well the twitch stream showed that they are indeed just regular weapons you equip. There is also a hammer in that design pattern that the devs showed off with red wrapped handle and some loose cloth that dongles arround. I really like this direction of style. Crafted with love, not overdone and not underdone and stylish. 10\10 will get

Posted by: Neverless.2830

Neverless.2830

I need those daggers so badly now. 0_0

Posted by: Chiros.6724

Chiros.6724

yeah i dont like Shield legendary skin although it got great detail, it doesn’t fit the warrior or engineer, Ghastly Grinning Shield is better hell even Dragon’s Jade Wall looks better.

also we need a hammer legendary that looks like a true hammer not like an oversized staff.

I’m with you on the hammer thing. I know there are a lot of people that love the Juggernaut and I’m glad they have it as an option. It’s just not for me. It doesn’t look like a hammer and silver goop just isn’t my thing. I’d love to see something that feels more imposing and dangerous. Something that looks like it would crush you if you got in its way. I love it when weapons have particle effects, but no goop please.

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

What I really hope is for more serious (lack of better word) weapons. IMO the legendary bows are awful, the pistol too, they look funny and I really expect to see something that have a more deadly look, like The Predator, the spear, Frostfang, etc… And a better sword skin, I really dont like Jolt, Infinity Light looks better than it.

^ This.

I’d call it believable and notice I used the word believable, not realistic.

Been playing since the first week and can’t bring myself to make any, even if I probably have 60% of the mats.
They just look like a gag.

I wanted a simple elegant weapon (no, not a light saber) something that would be incredibly detailed but not gigantic or with a million look-at-me effects.
And if they could make it so it’s something personal that you do alone, that would be great.

Look at Liadri, or laurels, something along those lines, something that in the end I could say:
“I did that, ALONE” and not, “well my guildies helped, and I champ train for 2 months, portals on BL for BoH…”.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]