What Legendaries Are You Hoping For?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

More rainbows to scare away all the vaguely emo, hypermasculine, sweat-drinkers.

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Posted by: Chista.4750

Chista.4750

I’m hoping for some weapons without a “sheathed” model, but rather, that get summoned out of thin air when you draw them, with wicked effects for putting them away and calling them of course ^.~

Even so i’m more hoping for legendary armour pieces that will give your character effects like Liadri, or some more subtle ones, assuming you can dye em….

Now I feel like designing one of each weapon… nuh.. dont >.< too many achieves yet to get.

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

I’m hoping for some weapons without a “sheathed” model, but rather, that get summoned out of thin air when you draw them, with wicked effects for putting them away and calling them of course ^.~

Even so i’m more hoping for legendary armour pieces that will give your character effects like Liadri, or some more subtle ones, assuming you can dye em….

Now I feel like designing one of each weapon… nuh.. dont >.< too many achieves yet to get.

if you can’t see them while they’re sheathed, it would create an advantage in wvw and pvp where you won’t know what build your opponent is probably running based on their weapons

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Posted by: Ukff.5632

Ukff.5632

Would really like to see something that changes with your kit for engi, or your current attunement for ele

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

I want an impressive pistol. Like a .50 cal. Something Dirty Harry would be proud of. Or something that would fit in with Judge Dredd.

so…you want a sniper rifle that is designed to destroy a heavy armored tank made in the late 90’s?
you do realize that’s not only ridicules, it doesn’t even fit the game at all….

Already a sniper rifle in game, so I don’t know what you are babbling about. And what is so ridiculous about the S&W 500?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_%26_Wesson_Model_500

I just want a pistol that is a bit bulkier.

what’s ridicules is that you’re asking for an anti-tank sniper rifle made in modern times, the hunter and predator are both made in a more medieval style.
the gun you’re talking about is really modern, guns in this game doesn’t go further then the civil war times.

You didn’t click the link. You have no idea what you are talking about. You don’t even play the same game as the rest of us as far as I can tell. Did you get lost?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

I want an impressive pistol. Like a .50 cal. Something Dirty Harry would be proud of. Or something that would fit in with Judge Dredd.

so…you want a sniper rifle that is designed to destroy a heavy armored tank made in the late 90’s?

Already a sniper rifle in game, so I don’t know what you are babbling about. And what is so ridiculous about the S&W 500?

what’s ridicules is that you’re asking for an anti-tank sniper rifle made in modern times, the hunter and predator are both made in a more medieval style.
the gun you’re talking about is really modern, guns in this game doesn’t go further then the civil war times.

You didn’t click the link. You have no idea what you are talking about. You don’t even play the same game as the rest of us as far as I can tell. Did you get lost?

designed: 2002-2003
build time: 2003-present
don’t defend when you lost, i told you it’s to modern and was right.
i have every way i know about, yes i clicked the link and yes i read, if you want to do it properly try to at least link a more ancient weapon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_weapons_in_the_American_Civil_War
here, i did you a favor, now quit defending the obvious endless whine.

moving on, you remember the times when a weapon like Excalibur was seen as legendary?
no special particle effects, no bling bling everywhere, just a legendary powerful weapon honoring it’s name.

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

i have every way i know about, yes i clicked the link and yes i read, if you want to do it properly try to at least link a more ancient weapon.

moving on, you remember the times when a weapon like Excalibur was seen as legendary?
no special particle effects, no bling bling everywhere, just a legendary powerful weapon honoring it’s name.

You are insane. Glyphic guns, the weapons from super adventure box, the hunter, the predator. Asuran and Charr tech is way beyond civil war. They have tanks and guass cannons. Seriously, do you guys even look around? Do you do anything other than wvw? It’s like you have no idea what is in the game.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I will see. I own the Kudzu, plant bow which tend to fit well on my sylvari and have the meteorologicus which I find beautiful as well

I do not care for the present GS’s nor the moot, quip, the ugly unicorn shooting thing.

I do like the hammer, though it’s not my personal preference,I like the predator, the bolt and the shield….. others well…

I will see what will show up now. I do not have any influence on the skin, even if I was to provide the drawing myself… It would still leave artistic freedom to the skin programmer/ designer.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Chista.4750

Chista.4750

if you can’t see them while they’re sheathed, it would create an advantage in wvw and pvp where you won’t know what build your opponent is probably running based on their weapons

Not nessecarily, youd still have a footfall and or other effect that could persist. Which is often far more obnioxiously obvious than… well the weapon itself.’

For instance: I recognize Kudzu by the footfall LONG before I notice the weapon

(edited by Chista.4750)

Posted by: Jawmeow.4502

Jawmeow.4502

Maybe this , still not my art but it works .

Awesome! I hope Anet will maybe look into weps’ artworks by players and maybe take from it and apply it? We also do brain storming Anet!

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

A Black Sword with Black flames XD or a simple black blade haha

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

I’m hoping for legendaries that we can combine with the current ones. Just like you are now able to combine the greatswords to eternity.

Since my main is a staff-ele I want a evil looking staff with black and red swirls around it that kinda darkens the entire character when you draw it. Combine it with Bifrost and it only transforms when infight.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

sorudo.9054

You are insane. Glyphic guns, the weapons from super adventure box, the hunter, the predator. Asuran and Charr tech is way beyond civil war. They have tanks and guass cannons. Seriously, do you guys even look around? Do you do anything other than wvw? It’s like you have no idea what is in the game.

the hunter and preditor are based on charr tec, not a .50 call.
asura tec is magic, do you have a magic well in your backyard….no?……exactly.
oh and one more thing, i think you’re the one playing a different game, this isn’t COD kid.

FYI, there are more guns in history then post 2000, learn your history.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

We already got one, it’s called Eternity

I hate it

sorudo.9054

I hate it

ah yeah, because eternity is black and has flames……

anyway, i think he means something like this:
http://s1225.photobucket.com/user/OrderofTwilightImages/media/GantasDemonSword_zpsf6750008.jpg.html

Posted by: rohan king of gods.4238

rohan king of gods.4238

how about talking weapons

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

A decent focus. That’s all I want anet plz

And SAB

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I hate it

ah yeah, because eternity is black and has flames……

anyway, i think he means something like this:
http://s1225.photobucket.com/user/OrderofTwilightImages/media/GantasDemonSword_zpsf6750008.jpg.html

Ah bugger, I meant Twilight. Eternity is half correct though!

I hate all three of them

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

I’m hoping for a fixed Howler.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

a staff that is not gay.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

a staff that is not gay.

poor kid is allergic to rainbows.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

I’m hoping for less intrusive legendaries that don’t rob your character of any personality. I understand people like auras and flashy lights, but I’d rather have this really shiny katana that shatters small mobs when you kill them, has a special animation on critical hits and changes color if you have specific boons. Effects like Bolt feel over the top for me, the aura covers the whole character. I want something more subtle that feels special.

For instance, while I didn’t like dragon swords in the GW1, I love it in GW2.
Pasted from the wiki:

The blade is made of flames simulating fiery dragon breath.
Fiery Dragon Sword emits light while drawn, illuminating the area around the player in dark areas.
Attacks cause a cosmetic burst of flame on the target.
Enemies killed by the Fiery Dragon Sword will display burning death animations.
This weapon is the brightest light source in the game for the wielder, but other players will not be able to see anything except the flame.

These small details make it feel that much more special to me than some shiny that makes my character look like an iron golem or a lolipop.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fiery_Dragon_Sword

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Posted by: MatthewCam.4391

MatthewCam.4391

Hopefully something ridiculously over-the-top flamboyant, just because I get my nark on whenever someone complains the current weapons are all too effeminate.

On a serious note; legendaries that are just the opposites of the current ones in terms of aesthetics. Boring yes, but I lack imagine

Sea of Sorrows | Lt Mc Muffin
Don’t worry the games still in Beta.

Posted by: Inexor.7804

Inexor.7804

I want a kitten looking shotgun for my Engineer.

And for the specialization, if the Hammer is not a Kit, a nice Hammer would be great. The Thermometer aka The Juggernaut is meh.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

yes we dont have any real shotgun-like rifles in the game except for the basic standard skins that you craft while getting up to lvl 400….

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Well I want a legendary staff that I don’t find boring & plain; the fact that bifrost have rainbow is over the top.
On a elem I might get it; but for my gardien it just doesn’t fit at all.
I hope the raven staff datamined isn’t the legendary either cos i find it just as boring as bifrost.

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: Inexor.7804

Inexor.7804

It would be awesome if they make profession based legendaries. Of course it would be a huge bunch of work, if every weapon for every class would get one.

But they could perfectly fit to the weapon-skills and class mechanics. e.g. an Elementalist staff which changes its animations/colors based on the current attunement.
- Fire: dark/burnt colour with some fiery effects, scorched earth for footsteps, glowing fiery eyes for the Ele, slight blur effect around the Ele caused by the heat

sorudo.9054

a staff that is not gay.

unless you have a character holding a staff in all the wrong places, what’s so gay about bifrost?

BrunoBRS.5178

a staff that is not gay.

unless you have a character holding a staff in all the wrong places, what’s so gay about bifrost?

it’s not dark and edgy and brooding like him.

he needs a black staff with lots of spikes that drips blood and has a blood red glow at the top.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

a staff that is not gay.

it’s not dark and edgy and brooding like him.

he needs a black staff with lots of spikes that drips blood and has a blood red glow at the top.

And skulls. Lots of skulls. Dark, spikey blood-dripping flaming skulls.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I would like to see the legendary Job-o-Tron as a shield.

“Error… why am I a pancake?”
“I am not a meat shield”
“I have been scratched… you will pay for my paint job.”

BrunoBRS.5178

I would like to see the legendary Job-o-Tron as a shield.

“I am not a meat shield”

you’re right, shield-o-tron, you’re not. you’re made of metal, far more efficient at deflecting blows

Posted by: Byakhee.8652

Byakhee.8652

Legendary spear of the Quaggan Princess.
Effect: Sings the “little barracuda song” all the time.

Sorry, I thought you asked which legendary items you did not want…

Posted by: Tyler.6182

Tyler.6182

http://www.aiondatabase.com/item/101700579/fenris%27s-longbow
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Urgoz%27s_Longbow.jpg
some type of mixture between these two… yes everyone will say we don’t need another plant bow but it wouldn’t be plant it would be wood. actually thats what bugs me about a lot of sylvari/nature themed stuff in the game… its always planty and not tree-like or wooden and branchy as for the other stuff i could care less i just want a bow!

BrunoBRS.5178

some type of mixture between these two… yes everyone will say we don’t need another plant bow but it wouldn’t be plant it would be wood. actually thats what bugs me about a lot of sylvari/nature themed stuff in the game… its always planty and not tree-like or wooden and branchy as for the other stuff i could care less i just want a bow!

dunno why people like overdesigned futuristic bows, but eh.

but urgoz bow, come on, there are plenty of options already to choose from. here are two.

and hell, there’s this short bow if you really need a bramble bow.

Posted by: Tyler.6182

Tyler.6182

but urgoz bow, come on, there are plenty of options already to choose from. here are two.

Oh yes, I do know about the living short bow, and yes it’s my favorite short bow… coolest short bow ever and I’ll never even think about using a different one. However those other bows you linked make me cringe and are not close to what I was thinking of. And the aion bow isn’t really futuristic it’s just elaborate and decorative, it’s actually quite like the ascended longbows of gw2 but better looking imo. A bow made of WOOD in a similar style with a hand/arm guard and some cool kittenwiz is kind of what i was thinking of. I know it’s not too likely because Kudzu is already a plant weapon but it’s just too planty and whimsical for my taste and some others it sounds like.
Edit: I’m not complaining that there are no longbow skin options that I like because that is untrue…. I’m just trying to describe a LEGENDARY longbow skin that would look dang swanky.

(edited by Tyler.6182)

papry.8096

I would really like this futuristic looking bow with some cool added legendary effect.
It would fit really well with the current look of my chaar war in T3 racial.
This is about weapons having theme that fit your character; more choice is better than one choice which is the current problem with legendary ;p

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Since we can apply whatever skin we want to weapons I think this is a total non-issue.

IMO the existing legendaries are amongst the ugliest and silliest looking weapons in the game. If I ever got lucky enough to loot a precursor and then do all the work to legendize it, I would go into my home alone and equip it so I could see it once, then apply a skin before equipping it in public.

Thankfully there’s no shortage of other weapon skins I do like.

papry.8096

Since we can apply whatever skin we want to weapons I think this is a total non-issue.

IMO the existing legendaries are amongst the ugliest and silliest looking weapons in the game. If I ever got lucky enough to loot a precursor and then do all the work to legendize it, I would go into my home alone and equip it so I could see it once, then apply a skin before equipping it in public.

Thankfully there’s no shortage of other weapon skins I do like.

That’s good for you.
But legendary have this little plus : awesome particle effect & skill changing design.
And that’s why I so much like some of them: like Juggernaut for example.