What an endboss-debacle...[Spoiler]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

Who playtests that stuff?! I’m beginning to think that no one does.
The design of the Pale Tree endboss is a shame. Did no one had the idea that an elementalist would play that boss? An elementalist with something like, well… cast times?

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

had no problem with ele on pale tree

learn mechanics and try again
unless there is a bug for you it should be doable
Canach is bugged often atm with invulnerability
so choose Braham and Caithe

Use Staff CC to stop the firstborn (Icefield!, Static and also Shaking ground)
arcane wave can also kill them with 0 casttime aoe once they are close you can hit multiple at once
cast meteorshower on paletree before they enter radius for it so you damage paletree and kill firsborn at same time

i played with both offensive arcane skills for extra dmg on full zerk build
with fire/air/arcana
your dmg is high enough then to kill those firstborn very quickly so it makes it easier

your third utility can be stability to be able to cast meteorshower even when the pale tree interrupts so often

apart from that it is all about clever positioning i guess

and i prefer an actually challenging ENDFIGHT
so im happy they didnt make it easier

soon enough it will be too easy when people get used to the boss mechanics…

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

arcane wave can also kill them with 0 casttime aoe once they are close you can hit multiple at once
cast meteorshower on paletree before they enter radius for it so you damage paletree and kill firsborn at same time

with fire/air/arcana
your dmg is high enough then to kill those firstborn very quickly so it makes it easier

your third utility can be stability to be able to cast meteorshower even when the pale tree interrupts so often

I tried the same strategy, which usually works in places like the lanes in the Silverwastes and so on.

However, I got an interrupt-beam from the pale tree every 1 or 2 seconds, rendering me unable to even cast the ice field. And that was before it even got stacks.

What intervall of interrupts did you get?

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

imho the let down was that they switched to this whole “dream” idea,
i was hoping to fight a big dang dragon, like a raid boss (even if it was solo in story with NPCs) instead we have a mob whos weaker than a veteren bristleback lol XD

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

It was so buggy I couldn’t kill it so I wasted over an hour for nothing. I won’t be going back until it’s fully fixed.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

i was hoping to fight a big dang dragon, like a raid boss (even if it was solo in story with NPCs) instead we have a mob whos weaker than a veteren bristleback lol XD

Oh you do fight the dragons body dont worry, but in the meta event of the final map rather then the story. In the story you destroy its mind, in the meta event its body. Its epic as hell tell ya.

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

Oh you do fight the dragons body dont worry, but in the meta event of the final map rather then the story. In the story you destroy its mind, in the meta event its body. Its epic as hell tell ya.

Yup, and part of the reason the mind boss is so weak is because he’s distracted with fighting an army(most likely in Dragon’s Perch).

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Yup, and part of the reason the mind boss is so weak is because he’s distracted with fighting an army(most likely in Dragon’s Perch).

They actually say that in the story too, so yea it makes sence. He is increddible strong in the meta event so clearly his focus is on the physical battle rather then the mental one. Check out the map meta OP…you get the fight you ask for tenfold…thats seriosly one of the best fights ever.

Posted by: Seisus.6591

Seisus.6591

with fire/air/arcana

I tried the same strategy, which usually works in places like the lanes in the Silverwastes and so on.

However, I got an interrupt-beam from the pale tree every 1 or 2 seconds, rendering me unable to even cast the ice field. And that was before it even got stacks.

What intervall of interrupts did you get?

I believe the interrupt to be range based. If you get close to her it just does damage.