What class will you play at the release?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

All of them.
:)

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Prob my engi. Been getting comfortable with the class in SW, even using a squishy build. Will def level a Rev, but will prob use a metric ton of scrolls and tomes, so I don’t have to do much actual leveling.

I was planning on doing a mixed leveling thing (like use a tome every time I gained a level), and then I realized that before lvl 80 all exp I earn goes only to leveling, whereas all exp I earn after 80 goes to masteries.
So since I have enough scrolls/tomes to hit 80 not doing so would be a massive waste of exp that could have gone into masteries instead, so I’m now in the insta level camp.

^

And that’s why I’m going to instant level my Rev where all my other chars are leveled by playing. It takes 4.86 million exp to get to level 80. That’s 4.86 million exp that will not be going towards advancing any of your Masteries. And that’s a lot of exp.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Guizao.4167

Guizao.4167

Elementalists always!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s all about THE COLORS

Posted by: Teleoceras.1298

Teleoceras.1298

I’ll create my first Revenant, then upgrade the characters I want to use the specializations on, then make my 2nd Revenant.

29 characters!
League of Omnipotents [Omni], Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Tempest, Druid and Herald.

Posted by: inch.3769

inch.3769

I will main tempest because I love my ele and have pretty much always mained him.

[tc]

Posted by: inch.3769

inch.3769

Elementalists always!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah! Elementalist for the win!

[tc]

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Couldn’t vote on your poll, because it doesn’t have the class I will play.

I play Warrior. Nothing I have seen makes me want to try Berserker or anything else.

Daredevil will be my alt.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Leinhart.2981

Leinhart.2981

I’ll add a new strawpoll with a "vanilla"choice =)

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

ENGINEER AM MASTA PROF!

Ahh*m. I believe I shall be using an Engineer.

Leinhart.2981

Surprisingly the chronomancer isn’t very popular! That’s surprising because the class look really strong in pvp and even in pve! the “come back with all my CDs” mecanic is really amazing!

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

It is but the mesmer mains haven’ looked at the thread yet.

Posted by: Redattack.7836

Redattack.7836

Definitely making a Revenant. I’ve almost got enough tomes to level him to 80, and already have a full set of ascended armor and weapons ready for him. Loved the class in the betas, it’s exactly what I’ve wanted from the beginning and in most MMOs I’ve played. The style, concept, gameplay, everything is exactly what I want in a character. Also reminds me a bit of my Disciple of Khaine from Warhammer Online, another class I absolutely loved playing.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Reaper, followed by Druid I think, but that may change.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Ranger mainly, followed by elementalist and engineer. Same as now.

I probably will make a revenant (I’m thinking of making 1 of each profession) but I’ll want to level them normally, I only use tomes for temporary characters.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

Will give the DH a go since I’ve always wanted a Longbow for my Guardian. The last beta weekend erased some doubts I had, though I’m still not convinced entirely. Still, have been a Guardian since day 1 and that won’t change.

Will definitely make a Reaper alt though, loved playing it during the beta’s.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Prob my engi. Been getting comfortable with the class in SW, even using a squishy build. Will def level a Rev, but will prob use a metric ton of scrolls and tomes, so I don’t have to do much actual leveling.

I was planning on doing a mixed leveling thing (like use a tome every time I gained a level), and then I realized that before lvl 80 all exp I earn goes only to leveling, whereas all exp I earn after 80 goes to masteries.
So since I have enough scrolls/tomes to hit 80 not doing so would be a massive waste of exp that could have gone into masteries instead, so I’m now in the insta level camp.

Yeah, that’s part of the reason I want to use tomes if I’m gonna level a Rev at all. I will prob do one on the side as tomes are available, cause I don’t have enough for insta-80 at the moment. I don’t want to push aside my mastery progress for days while I slowly level a Rev to 80.

I was wondering about tomes and masteries at 80, but I spose it makes sense that they wouldn’t help cause then you’d have people hoarding tomes and scrolls who cap masteries within a day of release. I think they should consider adding unique type of scrolls for mastery XP itself though.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

Ranger/Druid as always!

Longbow best bow!

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

Posted by: Ihop.3407

Ihop.3407

Going to make a rev then my dragonhunter, and work my way down the list .

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

I’ll definitely be levelling a Revenant first and foremost.

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

Pretty much exclusively Scrapper.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Pretty much exclusively Scrapper.

[Gives the Engineer bro-fist]

Posted by: drkmgic.9583

drkmgic.9583

Druid cuz you know healer role is new. I’ll probably go back to my mesmer after though.

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Well, it is an easy answer really…

I’m going to make a Revenant.

I already have one of each profession minimum. I will likely have my lone Mesmer become a Chronomancer, My main Necromancer become a Reaper.

You get the point.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Stilgar.6437

Stilgar.6437

impossible to choose. With the latest changes daredevil probably takes the top spot, but i also want to make a revenant and reaper looks really fun, but ranger is my main and im interested in dragonhunter and zerker too. Its too much, i want to unlock everything, play everything in all the different segments of the game (maps, story, pvp, raids, guilds, adventures, masteries, fractals etc.).

I vote delay the expansion, give me another month to think about it. Or release it in smaller weekly updates, 1 class/map/story chapter at a time. So much quality content at once is not fair

Posted by: Megane.2103

Megane.2103

Reaper, it’s everything Necro should have been from the start. There’s so many build options and so much synergy with the other trait lines it really feels like a direct upgrade, and until Necromancer gets another pass for updating abilitys / making them feel more fun I’d rather just go with the best option for this game’s “dark arts caster”.

Leinhart.2981

Wow that’s imrpessive how the chronomancer is reaching the top of the strawpoll lol

That’s interesting to compare both strawpolls (even if the second one, first created is uncomplete) because both show that the berzerker, the daredevil and the tempest are very unpopular.

Once more, I didn’t tested the beta… I don’t really know why. I looked some videos about the berzerker and the tempest and both look really strong, with heavy damages… However I know nothing (John Snow) about the daredevil… Do you have any idea why the three specs are less chosen?

Posted by: Rinnk.1862

Rinnk.1862

Scrapper is my first choice but if they don’t make significant improvements to it I’ll go for Herald or Reaper.

Leinhart.2981

Significant improvements? Why? The scrapper is a really good spec! Moreover, the engineer is, I think, the only profession able to do everything. I mean you can play long/short range, with AoE, direct damages or conditions damages, you can heal, stealth, control the battlefield…

I’m not at all a fan of the archetype, but IMO the enginner/scrapper is the strongest prof of GW2. “Enginner on GW2” is the definition for the word “multitasking” on the Harraps dictionnary ^^’.