What do I do with extra Luck?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

I recently hit the cap finally and have no use for luck. It is just stacking in my inventory. Here are some ideas that resolve the issue.

1. Add luck vendor
2. Give luck vendor value
3. Remove luck drops from accounts with max magic find
4. Add more mystic forge recipes for luck
5. Remove luck from account bound

maybe you shouldent have rushed it

Indeed, shouldn’t have rushed it.

Wouldn’t you just ask for a higher cap again once you reach the new one due to rushing?

That you got cap is YOUR fault, not ours. System works as intended.

Also posts like the above are just stating “deal with it” and are completely unproductive. No point in repeating the same thing over and over. People have hit cap, and now there is nothing to do with luck but endlessly deleting it… This is a legitimate problem and I would much rather have someone suggest that Anet just removes luck drop after max magic find, than say something worthless like “you rushed it, your fault, this is not an issue”.

Attachments:

(edited by Roguefire.8174)

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Why? Magic find is pretty worthless. It seems all future events will simply give out chest.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Posted by: dobri.7820

dobri.7820

it’d be nice to have somthing to do whit luck essences after we reach the cap ……..

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

300% magic find is pretty high as it is, so I don’t know why the cap should be raised. I suppose they could add some other use for luck to the game, as I know at least one recipe requires a 100 luck mote.

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

When will you realize that x times 300%, 400%, 500% or whatever is meaningless without knowing what the x is?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

When will you realize that x times 300%, 400%, 500% or whatever is meaningless without knowing what the x is?

Or whether x gets adjusted relative to cap. Let’s say, for instance, that anet would, in fact increase MF luck cap from 300 to 500%. If at the same time they were to cut down adjust drop rate by 1/3, the max chance from MF would remain unchanged. And you can bet that the drop chances are being set with average mf values (for both the general community and the active farmers) in mind.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Or whether x gets adjusted relative to cap. Let’s say, for instance, that anet would, in fact increase MF luck cap from 300 to 500%. If at the same time they were to cut down adjust drop rate by 1/3, the max chance from MF would remain unchanged. And you can bet that the drop chances are being set with average mf values (for both the general community and the active farmers) in mind.

So nerf loot for all normal players to account for the few who have bumrushed the luck cap. Sure, sounds like a great idea </sarcasm>

I’d like to think Anet wouldn’t do something like that, but…

Roguefire.8174

Would just be nice to have something to do with the luck I am collecting. A vendor or something.

Posted by: haresean.3856

haresean.3856

No.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Wouldn’t you just ask for a higher cap again once you reach the new one due to rushing?

Posted by: Vepo.4208

Vepo.4208

The cap is fine as it is in my opinion.

Character: Doowie – Ranger / Dow Dow – Thief / Unknown – Revenant
Guild: Rebellious New Generation [RNG] / Server: Aurora Glade – EN
Twitch: http://www.Twitch.tv/DoowieEU

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Stop salvaging and instead MF, Vendor or TP the loot?

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

You can condense them into +200s for later use if they come out with anything in the future.

If not then drag and drop.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I’d like to think Anet wouldn’t do something like that, but…

No, that is what they would do. Everything has to be in balance. If they increased the cap and it caused an abnormality, they would just lower the drop rate to compensate. All future drops would be balanced around an assumption of the upper average amount of magic find.

In terms of gold per hour from drops, the playerbase as a whole will only be able to make what ArenaNet finds acceptable. Even if magic find suddenly became overpowered, everything else would change to compensate. What’s the point of turning exotics into rares if ascended just takes its place?

If ArenaNet wanted to do something, they could just uncap it and greatly increase the amount of luck required for each level, making it unrealistically achievable. Those foolish enough would no doubt complain about the years of hardcore grinding required however.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Uhm no. I focussed quite a bit on magic find (but via the free ways, not pay to get it ways), and i’m still only at 229% (+ achievements) At this rate it will take ages to get 300 via normal playing. That you got cap is YOUR fault, not ours. System works as intended.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

As stated above, you can’t really reach 300% magic find playing normally. You have to think about new players! How unfair would it be to have TP prices set by veterans who have 600% MF when these new players only have like 50%? Inflation in this game is already quite bad as it is, thanks to grinders (but that’s a problem in every MMO I guess).

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

As stated above, you can’t really reach 300% magic find playing normally. You have to think about new players! How unfair would it be to have TP prices set by veterans who have 600% MF when these new players only have like 50%? Inflation in this game is already quite bad as it is, thanks to grinders (but that’s a problem in every MMO I guess).

You know, i’m playing dily, without “rushing” magic find. Just salvaging my loots and sometime salvaging ecto to upgrade T5 at the mystic toilets. I didn’t take advantage of events like Halloween and hivernel that could have given me tons of luck. But I’m still reaching already 266%.
So, Yeah i could understand the concern of the op.

NB.: Despite reaching 266% base magic find I don’t really see any difference in my drop rate. Perhaps i loot more white loot. But still nothing exotics or more “goldy”. 300% of almost 0% is almost nothing and i don’t think 600% of 0% will be better.
By the way someone tell me that you can still use luck essence when you are at 300% it’s just that it won’t raise the %age.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

You know, i’m playing dily, without “rushing” magic find. Just salvaging my loots and sometime salvaging ecto to upgrade T5 at the mystic toilets. I didn’t take advantage of events like Halloween and hivernel that could have given me tons of luck. But I’m still reaching already 266%.
So, Yeah i could understand the concern of the op.

I see, thank you for sharing your experience. I had no idea you could naturally climb this high. However, you still have a very specific profile: you play daily and for a long time now, in PvE. The whole idea behind GW2 horizontal progression is that you can quit playing and come back whenever you want without feeling left behind. I’m sure the 300% threshold was added to prevent the prices to explode. Granted no one knows how MF works and how much better the loot is, but I’d rather not take the risk. Sure, you could perfectly argue that hardcore players should have a significant advantage in term of loot over casuals, but that’s just not the philosophy of the game.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

^

People will just rush to hit the new cap, then come to the forum, complain that they have magic find sitting in their banks and ask for the cap to be raised. Much better to ask for magic find be used in place of other ingredients in the mystic forge or in new recipes.

How about in cooking to make food items with higher magic find or a speed boost or something.

Roguefire.8174

Maybe if they create a vendor or something to eat up all my post cap luck, that would be nice. Or let me vendor it… I really dislike having to save something or destroying something that may or may not have a new use

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Will magic find cap be increased in the expansion? I recently hit the cap finally and have no use for luck. It is just stacking in my inventory. Maybe create a vendor to trade luck for items?

1. No reason to raise the cap.
  2. They SHOULD come up with some alternative use for Luck Essence (rather than the few back items they are needed for now). I suggest a Forge Recipe(s) that generates Boosters (possibly more than just MF), or maybe some RNG consumable items.
We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Posts like these are not constructive in the least. It does nothing but accuse peeps when they know nothing about the person they accuse.

It certainly is a problem about luck in general. Once cap is reached, luck had no use. What if, one you get max luck and get the achievement, a new vendor appears that trades luck for something else? Would be an incentive if the thing this vendor traded was some sort of charge that improved the yield of the next box/bag you opened. With all the boxes dropping, there would always be a place to dump luck.

Posted by: oiseau.6481

oiseau.6481

Guys dont you realize you ALREADY got reward every day being capped MF…

Any more would be superficial since los of ppl didn’t reached it yet

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Personally I wish mf was unlimited or had a way to exchange x number of mf for champ loot bags.

Roguefire.8174

Anything they could do to add additional uses for luck would be much appreciated. I’ve compiled near a half a million additional luck now and it’s just going to keep stacking up.

Posted by: Tyrannical.9348

Tyrannical.9348

Yeah…

After opening all these lunar year envelopes after getting what I wanted from them, now it’s just “What do I do besides spam click the luck until I max out magic find”?

A luck vendor would be pretty good I think, something like 10 luck = 10 copper or something, I dunno how you’d balance it out. but SOMETHING to get rid of all the excess luck.

as far as ‘rushing it’ goes, why does it matter? eventually we’ll hit the cap, whether now or later, and at that point you’ll have the same problem, it’s an inevitability.

Linken.6345

Yeah…
After opening all these lunar year envelopes after getting what I wanted from them, now it’s just “What do I do besides spam click the luck until I max out magic find”?
A luck vendor would be pretty good I think, something like 10 luck = 10 copper or something, I dunno how you’d balance it out. but SOMETHING to get rid of all the excess luck.

as far as ‘rushing it’ goes, why does it matter? eventually we’ll hit the cap, whether now or later, and at that point you’ll have the same problem, it’s an inevitability.

if you stoped salvaging blue and greens instead sold them on the tp or vendor trashed them this problem as you state it dont exist.

Edit
Then someone else who havent maxed out luck can buy it of the tp and gain some coin back on the materials they salvage.
You can still salvage white yellow and orange as they dont drop said luck.

(edited by Linken.6345)

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

split them into 1-unit piles and after that, discard each one, manually, one by one, as you ponder if it was worth all that money to get to 300% MF to soon.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Tyrannical.9348

Tyrannical.9348

Yeah…

if you stoped salvaging blue and greens instead sold them on the tp or vendor trashed them this problem as you state it dont exist.

Edit
Then someone else who havent maxed out luck can buy it of the tp and gain some coin back on the materials they salvage.

Well, like I said… I got all this excess luck from the envelopes in the lunar new year event, not salvaging, soooo….

Linken.6345

Yeah…

Edit

Well, like I said… I got all this excess luck from the envelopes in the lunar new year event, not salvaging, soooo….

True those are unavoidable but they aint a permanent thing and guess they are there for upgrading the back skins that drop not that its needed in anyway

Posted by: BladeRain.6543

BladeRain.6543

What can you do with them?

• Nothing, unfortunately. Right-click > Destroy, weep.

What should you be able to do with it?

• Well, it would be nice if ArenaNet would add a 1c price to the Fine-quality Essences (which compounds for the higher rarities – 5, 10, 20c).
    AND/OR
  • Make Essences acquired after reaching the maximum NOT Account-Bound. People who reach the limit could then sell the excess on the Trading Post.
=-= 80 of every class | Bad at all of them =-=
Hyperbole is the absolute worst thing in the universe.

Roguefire.8174

Yeah I’m not sure why they wouldn’t allow them to be sold on the TP… would be really awesome for those wanting to buy luck without having to salvage tones of ectos.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

It would be cool if it worked kinda like AR. Allow you to keep forging them into larger and larger ones. It takes more and more to combine them.

Linken.6345

Yeah I’m not sure why they wouldn’t allow them to be sold on the TP… would be really awesome for those wanting to buy luck without having to salvage tones of ectos.

I spot the problem right here you salvaged tons of ectos why did you do this?

Roguefire.8174

I spot the problem right here you salvaged tons of ectos why did you do this?

This isn’t how I did it, but I know many people who think this is the smart way to go. Not sure where I said I did this, and that’s besides the point and the topic at hand.

(edited by Roguefire.8174)

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

I seem to recall Essence of Luck being a mat for Mawdrey. Couldn’t hurt to have a few other small ways you can use your luck.

Roguefire.8174

Yeah at least more recipes would be nice. It is very limited on uses.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Simple solution imo would be for them to make an item that eats luck like they have for bloodstone dust and empyreal fragments (and seem likely to do for dragonite ore eventually).

Other solutions they could make a unique weapon/armor set that requires large amounts of luck to create or make it part of an alternate recipe to try and make clovers

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

(edited by Goatjugsoup.8637)

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

how about converting luck into gold trough a npc?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I seem to recall Essence of Luck being a mat for Mawdrey. Couldn’t hurt to have a few other small ways you can use your luck.

And the new Ram recipe requires 250 fine essences of luck
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lucky_Great_Ram_Lantern

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Simple solution imo would be for them to make an item that eats luck like they have for bloodstone dust and empyreal fragments (and seem likely to do for dragonite ore eventually).

Other solutions they could make a unique weapon/armor set that requires large amounts of luck to create or make it part of an alternate recipe to try and make clovers

They could also use the solution they came up with for excess Grawl Paws and other such trophies: make them salable to NPC vendors without being salable on the TP. Essentially they become a junk item.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Letting us sell them is the easy answer, but it’s also the boring one.

I’d like to see something done with them, something interesting.

Here’s one idea: Mystic Forge 3 Exotic EoLs and one Flying Cow Token to get a “Bag of Fortune”.

Bag of Fortune: Double click this item to place a Bag of Fortune on the ground. Doing so puts a “Generous Giver” effect on the user. A few seconds later, the bag explodes out in a shower of coins and glitter, giving everyone without the “Generous Giver” status that’s within the AoE a random amount of coins, karma, or exp.

Stuff like that, basically. Though, not always relying on something as annoying to get as the Flying Cow Token.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Linken.6345

what grawl paws?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

what grawl paws?

Grawl will, infrequently, drop a “Grawl Paw” item. Double click it to unlock a collection for Grawl weapons. If you’ve already done this, then it’s effectively a junk item, as it’s account bound. So, they made it vendorable.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I recently hit the cap finally and have no use for luck. It is just stacking in my inventory. Here are some ideas that resolve the issue.

1. Add luck vendor
2. Give luck vendor value
3. Remove luck drops from accounts with max magic find
4. Add more mystic forge recipes for luck
5. Remove luck from account bound

That you got cap is YOUR fault, not ours. System works as intended.

Also posts like the above are just stating “deal with it” and are completely unproductive. No point in repeating the same thing over and over. People have hit cap, and now there is nothing to do with luck but endlessly deleting it… This is a legitimate problem and I would much rather have someone suggest that Anet just removes luck drop after max magic find that say something worthless like “you rushed it, your fault, this is not an issue”.

What do I do with all my extra gold?

I have thousands of gold I have no immediate need for. You demand they invest development time into creating an NPC especially for you. I demand they take a developer away from insignificant ventures such as a luck vendor, and add a specific one for my needs that has rare items that are exclusive to those with excess gold.

I am curious what your post would be if they informed you they were adding new legendaries that you bought with luck. Then had them inform you that they recend that idea because twice as many people have excess karma or gold.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Posted by: SorionHex.1327

SorionHex.1327

Luck Essence is a reagent for something… I know I saw it somewhere in game but I can’t remember. Might be something Lunar New Year themed. I recommend trying to find out what it is and crafting those.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I have thousands of gold I have no immediate need for. You demand they invest development time into creating an NPC especially for you. I demand they take a developer away from insignificant ventures such as a luck vendor, and add a specific one for my needs that has rare items that are exclusive to those with excess gold.

Those are nowhere near the same thing. Gold is the main currency in the game, there are tonnes of sinks for it and in fact that isn’t a whole lot that can’t be obtained via Gold. There are also plenty of things that Karma can be used for as well as an item to help eat up excess karma (karmic converter).

On the otherhand luck drops like crazy and has very few uses, especially in comparison to the other currencies you mentioned. It is a real problem that will become more and more prevalent as more people start reaching the luck cap.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Linken.6345

Those are nowhere near the same thing. Gold is the main currency in the game, there are tonnes of sinks for it and in fact that isn’t a whole lot that can’t be obtained via Gold. There are also plenty of things that Karma can be used for as well as an item to help eat up excess karma (karmic converter).

On the otherhand luck drops like crazy and has very few uses, especially in comparison to the other currencies you mentioned. It is a real problem that will become more and more prevalent as more people start reaching the luck cap.

Luck hardly drop at all stop salvaging mate only rare festivals that drop luck.

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I would be in favor of them creating crafting recipes & mystic forge recipes that use luck.

Outright selling it however seems counter intuitive as it’s something people should consume till they reach the cap.