What do you find most fun on this game?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Frost.1503

Frost.1503

I usually did pvp, dungeon and fractal. But them didn’T change a bit in this last years (always the same map).
Thank you

(edited by Frost.1503)

Posted by: LoL NooBs.5076

LoL NooBs.5076

The forums. This right here is the best place to have fun. Thank you.

According to my immature name I seem not a big loss for the community.

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

At the moment, PvP but what I really like about GW2 is there is a lot to. When I tire of pvp, there’s collections, crafting, wvw or open world pve. I’ve only dabbled in dungeons and fractals, but I know those options are out there as well.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Corny as it sounds, I have the most fun helping people do things in the game.

I recently completed HOPE (very happy with it) and for the first time in a long time had no pressing project. So when a guildie said he was trying to work through HoT PS I offered to help. I didn’t have any alts on the same step as him so I used one that had already done that part, I’m maxed on masteries (other than 5 from raids) so XP meant nothing, the only progress I made was bashing open some caches for ley sparks on the way to Buried Insight, and it felt great. After dinner he wanted to continue so we went on to the parts I didn’t have on that alt yet and made it through Hearts and Minds for my second HoT PS completion at last.

I’ve also recently been helping another guildie with PS achieves that I already have. Occasionally I’ll see someone call out in Map for aid with an HP (and I’m usually there on an alt with the map complete) and I can go make their life easier. It’s so fun and feels so very nice to be useful.

Some guildies that vanished in the winter have come back to try out the changes and I have helped run dungeons with them. I’ve helped people learn fractals. It really does come down to this: while I enjoy projects and progress, the true fun of GW2 is helping others with their projects and progress.

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

After more than 3 years, still: exploration.

This game has so many cool places, so many secrets and beautiful sights. Whenever I find myself bored with real content, I just explore the beautiful maps. Often I find hidden treasures, rooms, npcs with funny dialogue or just nice views. Even in the maps I’ve played most, it is just awesome.

But this also includes game mechanics and character design. There is so much to see, so much to learn. Recently I found a minor npc who was predicting most of the HoT content, long before the update. I was shocked, surprised and now I’m even more motivated to replay the story missions.

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Open world PvE and Story mode..

Sadly both are no where near what they were at release.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

WvW zerg bursting (Unfortunately, it’s pretty bad right now)

Level 40+ Fractal when they first came into the game where all agony attack were one shotting dead you. The first truly challenging content in the game. (Unfortunately, it was a bug and they fixed it)

SAB (Unfortunately, they didn’t had any new world this year, but I still had a lot of fun).

Raid ( Need a bit too much organization to my taste, but still great content).

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You’re right about that, they’re both better, particularly the story. In case you missed all the people who complained about Trahearne or the battle with Zhaitan (pretty sure you didn’t), you’ll actually find there were plenty of complaint about the original story.

As for the open world, that’s strictly a matter of opinions, but I find the HoT zones far superior to many of the earlier zones. The base game was just too easy.

And since, by your own admission you have terrible skill lag that makes the game almost unplayable for you, not really sure how qualified you are to make the assessment. I’m pretty sure I’d hate hot with 3-4 second skill lag.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

WvW and map exploration (just to see if there are some tiny nooks I haven’t come across yet).

SBI

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I enjoy open world HoT, especially VB. I just wish there were more of it. Also, the raids have been a lot of fun so far, although my guild hasn’t gotten very far into them.

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Seeing a world and its stories develop over the cause of 11 years

Posted by: Sun Lian.4075

Sun Lian.4075

The parts where I’m not excluded because I’m not exactly meta.

Dante.1508

You’re right about that, they’re both better, particularly the story. In case you missed all the people who complained about Trahearne or the battle with Zhaitan (pretty sure you didn’t), you’ll actually find there were plenty of complaint about the original story.

As for the open world, that’s strictly a matter of opinions, but I find the HoT zones far superior to many of the earlier zones. The base game was just too easy.

And since, by your own admission you have terrible skill lag that makes the game almost unplayable for you, not really sure how qualified you are to make the assessment. I’m pretty sure I’d hate hot with 3-4 second skill lag.

Zaitan changed how? its still a team based forced thing last i looked, Open world loot is still horrible (while better not by much), Story mode had all loots removed for some ungodly reason so now its a lot more boring.

I’m 100% opposite to you Tyria maps are far more fun than that hot garbage.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Playing with friends.

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

Playing with friends.

This.

I don’t care what we’re doing in game, if it’s with friends it is always fun.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Personally, not much right now. Prior, I liked the near-monthly updates with new carrots to chase. Kept me very interested. Pretty much waiting for something new to happen.

Hopefully, that’ll happen sooner than later.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Posted by: Dvantaman.3617

Dvantaman.3617

Everything ! But I really love exploration in this game .

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Exploration and being able to take great screenshots of scenery xD not gotten many good ones in HoT as I do not find the scenery that great but alpine boarderlands is back so I will enjoy going around it again ????

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I just do everything

There is so much stuff to do, the variety is what appeals to me.

NSPride <3

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

Currently? Raid and PvP =3
A year ago? World bosses.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Sort of depends on my mood at the time I’m playing.

Over the weekend, my enjoyment was farming my tail off for materials to upgrade my guild hall (and here I thought I once had plenty of elder wood. ha!).

Last night, it was running around doing the new events and working through achievements.

This morning, it was working on some ascended acquisition.

Last week, it was pretty much Fractals that I was enjoying (even started working on the back piece).

Tonight…who knows.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

Playing with friends.

Indeed this is the most fun. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with this game since it applies to any game or activity that you share with friends.

I guess what I really like about GW2 is that it manages to make me stop and look around. Even something as simple as lowly Queensdale offers amazing scenery. That is the greatest GW2 success far as im concerned. HoT is yet to make me stop and look mainly cause all I see are either vines or charging mushrooms and jumping frogs.

I know I can have fun in PVP but my experience as someone who queues solo usually boils down to one sided curbstomps thanks to ‘premade vs pug’ matchmaking.

The story is the other thing I tend to enjoy but man is it stupid sometimes. SPOILER I mean I could have easily prevented the death of Warmaster Forgal Kernsson or Tybalt Leftpaw but the game never gave me the choice. This forced drama can get pretty boring pretty fast.

Bottom line, for me exploration is the strongest aspect of GW2 (except for the HoT maps)

(edited by pepsis.5384)

Posted by: Razorize.7984

Razorize.7984

WvW roaming and the gear customization. these 2 things consume so many of my play hours.

I wanna kill scrubs, but hey u gotta look good doin it, dont ya.

Posted by: themillwater.5846

themillwater.5846

Mainly PvE, about any part, especially where I have massive amounts of mobs coming at me testing my dodge, duck, dive, dip, dodge skills. These get tested in PVP too but I got kinda bored with it.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I enjoy playing PvP or PS progression with my RL friend.

I enjoy making all my characters looks good, mix and match once and a while,

I enjoy the open world events, especially LW season 1, there were a lot of cool memories.

I enjoy the on going personal story.

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

Raids are best content in the game to my mind. They combine my enthusiasm for playing with friends and overcoming difficult challenges. Fractals are also things that I enjoy immensly.

Recently I’ve also started to decorate my guild hall and boy is making those things addictive. Making places look pretty and furnishing the temples at the upper plaza of lost precipice is so much fun.

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

Mainly PvE, about any part, especially where I have massive amounts of mobs coming at me testing my dodge, duck, dive, dip, dodge skills. These get tested in PVP too but I got kinda bored with it.

Good one

Attachments:

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Open world PvE, just running around doing events.

Dante.1508

Actually after 2 weeks of this mess i’m pretty much done again, i can’t take the direction this game has gone, gonna find a less intensive and hard mmo i think.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

What I find the most fun is knowing that there are so many productive and fun things to do in the game that despite the obvious motivation to play all aspects of the game, I can choose to play whatever I want, however I want, pretty much whenever I want.

Pretty hard to beat that!

Posted by: Nightweaver.6271

Nightweaver.6271

Just running around the maps, getting lost and doing whatever you come across.
(Turning of the map makes it so much better.)

Your residential know it all!
Keepers of Memory.[FADE]

Posted by: themillwater.5846

themillwater.5846

Good one

Thank you ????If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a charging shroom…ok that needs some work lol

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I love jumping puzzles. They are a goal in themselves.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Open world PvE (Cursed Shore farm, SW/CF, DS, Tarir) and EotM.