What do you guys think the price will be?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Baltov.9608

Baltov.9608

I have a feeling it will be around $30 to $40 but what do you guys think it will be

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

GW2 was originally £50, so I highly doubt an expansion will match that price. I think its more likely to be £20 or £30.

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Hoping it’s $30 or less. I can see them asking for $40, but I would rather not. Yes it’s just 10 bucks, but I don’t have a lot of cash so every little bit matters. It’s one reason I can’t bring myself to buy gems with money as I don’t have any to spare.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I think the price will be $0-$100. Somewhere in there. Really likely to be in the $10-$90 range.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

$20 to $30 dollars given the amount of content I’ve seen. Anything more than that will cause player backlash.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: ScarletScissor.7149

ScarletScissor.7149

$25 is just sweet spot for this content anything beyond that is not cool.

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Ah so you know how many maps, events, story instances, masteries, adventures and so on are included? If so, please tell us!

Posted by: ScarletScissor.7149

ScarletScissor.7149

Ah so you know how many maps, events, story instances, masteries, adventures and so on are included? If so, please tell us!

If you want to pay $40-$50 for 3-4 maps by all means go on and pay. They are clearly stated that this expansion is heavly lean on features than content. Also “story instances” is funny thing to pay for.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

The price of a large electronics company here in Sweden is set at 400 :- which is 40 euro roughly. Price may change but I would guess they have gotten some information to base it on or else they would have left it as a blank like they did when the exp was announced.

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

If you want to pay $40-$50 for 3-4 maps by all means go on and pay. They are clearly stated that this expansion is heavly lean on features than content. Also “story instances” is funny thing to pay for.

You seem to be saying that more maps is worth more money and less maps is worth less money. And that might be true for you but it isn’t true for me. It’s everything together, both features and content (in any shape, including story instances) take developer resources and both give or improve player experiences.

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

I can see it being £29.99 and £39.99 for the deluxe edition, if they pop out a collectors edition, maybe £49.99 or £59.99.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

You seem to be saying that more maps is worth more money and less maps is worth less money. And that might be true for you but it isn’t true for me. It’s everything together, both features and content (in any shape, including story instances) take developer resources and both give or improve player experiences.

Although some of the new features, like the gliding mastery, are limited to new zones. So even those features can be weighed in terms of number of new areas.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I’d gladly pay $60 for Heart of Thorns. It won’t be more than that, and it will probably be less.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

What I would like to see: HoT ~$20, GW2+HoT combo pack ~$50. This change would also mean a permanent inclusion of HoT in all GW2 purchases, regular GW2 only packs are phased out. Still selling GW2 for something like $45 is ridiculous (its a sale now I know). Pre purchase options for HoT should include some minor bonuses, such as a free character slot for the new class.

That will pretty much get all current GW2 players to buy HoT and make it very enticing for those that doesnt have GW2 to get the full package. No need to split the community like so many expansion packs does.

If they make it more expensive, like $40 just for HoT its not going to be anywhere near as popular. More people = more gemstore income over years to come. That’s what its all about.

Posted by: DeViLzzz.3128

DeViLzzz.3128

$39.99 or higher for sure as they don’t have a sub to help make more money. Seriously $39.99 might be too low to be a starting point and the more I think about it I believe $49.99 will be the price.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

the more I think about it I believe $49.99 will be the price.

Based on what? Modern DLC pricing where a blue skinned weapon cost $5.99 or a fancy hat cost $8.99? Sigh…

An expansion costing $49.99 is insane unless it bring alot content. Alot of content. Like, a full standalone game worth of content. That’s what GW2 cost on release kitten . If you go onto Steam right now, that’s almost what Witcher 3 cost. Batman Arkham Knight, same cost.

Are you honestly going to tell me that this expansion – which seems fairly contained and most of it is nothing spectacular as we’ve seen more free patched content over these 3 years – is supposed to be worth as much as a full AAA title???

No. Just no. Unless you’re saying that the $50 price include $40 worth of gems, that cost would be stupid.

Posted by: steveway.3167

steveway.3167

Im thinking at 29.99 expansion and a 49.99 bundle with the original. Just a guess though

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

I’m thinking 30-40. That’s a fair price.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I’m thinking it will be $29.99. Mostly due to what appears to be a lower amount of new content I would expect from an expansion costing $40-$50. I do think it’s possible that it will cost $39.99, but no chance of it being $49.99 or higher.
I also think they will give the original game free with the purchase of the expansion. At this point they are basically giving it away with their $10 sales anyways.

(edited by Fernling.1729)

Posted by: Dhampyr.2813

Dhampyr.2813

Wish I would get one of them $10 sales. Cheapest I can get it for here is $25.

But as for the expansion ill guess and gladly pay $60. Just look at other mmos or games that have expansions. The trend is to charge the same price as the base game. It honestly does not change anything for me, I’ll probably buy the most expensive version anyways (aka CE)

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

$30 – 60. It’s a retail release guys. It’s not going lower than $25.

WoW’s latest expansion is $50 for context. I’d say HoT will be slightly lower. $40 – 45 is my personal guess, though 50 is not out of the question.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Less than $59.99 (new game price) and more than $20 (season 2). At the very most however, $49.99 since that’s the typical expansion price.

So far, HoT doesn’t look like a full expansion, so I’d guess it would be less than $49.99. Since season 2 is $20, I’d guess that they would want to make it cost more than $29.99 so they don’t look similar.

$34.99, which was also the price of GW1 EotN. At most, up to $10 more.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

For a bare-bones edition I’m expecting $34.95. I think $39.95 is also a strong candidate.

Deluxe edition $50 to $60 depending on if there’s some physical nick-knacks involved.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

WoW’s latest expansion is $50 for context. I’d say HoT will be slightly lower. $40 – 45 is my personal guess, though 50 is not out of the question.

This mentality is what kittenes me off !

So even though wow has a freaking sub for which their reasoning to the question why ? is to tell you it’s for future content delivery, yet new content is labeled an expansion and they charge you $50 dollars for it, I call that double dipping and lying to your customers.

Yet, here is gw2, it has no sub WHATSOEVER !!!

but, gw2 is not allowed to charge more than $40 dollars for their expansion ?

I call this kitten !!!

I will gladly pay whatever the price of the expansion is (within reason of course)
because the game has no stinking subscription !

get that through your heads already !

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

WoW also includes a ton of content and completely pushes the endgame forward. GW2 isn’t doing that. I haven’t seen anywhere near a similar level of content or game features that would put it on WoW tier pricing. They need to hit ~$30 for what they are putting out.

Personally speaking, I’d be tempted to buy at $20. I just haven’t seen anything that makes it worth dropping $40+. The last 2.5 years of development(or lack of) make me very leery of buying into anything ArenaNet has to say. So far it’s a class that is a rehash or other classes, some gimmicky PvE stuff, a bad implementation of GvG, and a WvW map that we have no idea if it will fix the WvW problems. Given their track record I think it’s going to be another in the long line of failures to address problems in the game as well as ruining other parts that were actually decent.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Going beyond 40 bucks for an x-pac is pretty suicidal, unless you’re Blizzard. So i’d say it’ll be 40$.

Posted by: sfxblade.3459

sfxblade.3459

I think its probably going to be like 39.99$ or something like that,like others have said, from what they have shown, and considering its already going into closed beta soon, the amount of content shown doesn’t even come near any other expansion released by other mmo’s for the same price.

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

I just hope that the converted sterling price is the same as the US dollar price, unlike the current gems price which is way higher in euros/sterling than the same amounts in US Dollars.

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

I’m thinking 30-40. But i dont consider it a fair price. It should be free (due i consider it will be less or equal amount of content as a LS. But i know, they said already that is not free, so…) or 10-20, as much.
It just dont seem to be enough content to be an “expansion”, with an expansion price.

As a result if im right and it will cost 30-40, i may not buy it until it gets on 50% sale or so. If is more than that i’ll probabbly will be one of the ones leaving the train for good.

(edited by Silicato.4603)

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

40$ are the norm for expansion.

Posted by: RebelsDawn.6803

RebelsDawn.6803

I’d be willing to pay what I paid for the original game. That be a $150. But only if it came with another Statue or something to keep Rytlock company.

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

No more than $25 -$30. I’d pay $30 if they did a proper class balance pass as well. Some classes have been weakened or strengthened too much causing an imbalance. Credit to Anet for the camera changes, but this should have been in-game from the very start. Death by camera in PvP is not fun, nor is having to micro-manage it every few secs if you are a kiting class.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Personally I, of course, hope that it is not terribly expensive as I’ll need to purchase four copies. The difference between 40€ and 50€ is not very much, but between 160€ and 200€ it is significant to me. If the price is high it probably means I’ll only buy two and wait for a sale for the other two.