What does Maguuma mean for future regions?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

I thought Silverwastes was absolutely jam-packed with content, and it seems these Maguuma zones are going to be even more-so. With multiple levels, tons of events and group content, as well as new methods of traversal, they seem to be shaping up to be the pinnacle of GW2’s open world.

But what does that mean for ‘everyman’ zones? How is Anet going to top Maguuma in future release? And, more importantly I think, what does this mean about releases of future zones? What if Maguuma only has four or five zones (or even less) because of the amount of detail and content in each one? How can we expect to ever explore all of Tyria, let alone go back to the entire continents of Cantha and Elona, if new zones are playing a 1-up game where they’re so packed it only allows Anet to make a few zones per release? Don’t get me wrong, I think quality over quantity is great, but there’s so much quantity of land that it’s hard to imagine ever getting back to unexplored territories and previous contents with only a few zones appearing in each expansion.
And I can’t imagine that every zone is going to be able to have this amount of content without suffering from ‘needing players’.

How will the Silverwaste events get done once people move on? The same goes for Maguuma areas, and future areas. What if we go to Regions like North Ascalon which are free from Dragon influence. Will we return to more peaceful, leveling-type zones, or are all future zones destined to be ‘progression-type’ content made exclusively for level 80s?

Posted by: Jokubas.4265

Jokubas.4265

Well, in Guild Wars 1, they talked about how they wanted each campaign to do something different. I wouldn’t expect the same kind of vertical zone design to the same level anywhere else. They’d come up with something new. I’d really love to see Kaineng City use the vertical gameplay though.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Didn’t they say a few months ago or something that there’d never be Elona or Cantha in the game?

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Didn’t they say a few months ago or something that there’d never be Elona or Cantha in the game?

source? O_o

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

Well, I peronally wouldn’t mind one giant map the size of the whole maguuma area instead of multiple zones…
I always wanted Tyria to be just one big area you could travel without loading screens

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

There isn’t much reason to go to Cantha or Elona right now, as five of the six dragons are focused around or nearby our current playing area, and the deep sea dragon isn’t a threat right now.

Edit: Really? Filter censored the number five?

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I hope they don’t make all the maps into mazes. Sometimes a maze map is ok, but having to take circuitous routes all the time gets old quickly.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I hope they don’t make all the maps into mazes. Sometimes a maze map is ok, but having to take circuitous routes all the time gets old quickly.

Agreed.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There isn’t much reason to go to Cantha or Elona right now, as five of the six dragons are focused around or nearby our current playing area, and the deep sea dragon isn’t a threat right now.

Edit: Really? Filter censored the number five?

I believe it censored it when preceded by “as.” Since people will use numbers instead of letters to try to avoid filters.

I don’t have any vested interest in Cantha or Elona. I’ve barely seen the latter, never the former, in my sporadic GW1 forays in search of HoM points. Still it seems to me that one day we should have more of the world available, should have a more global sense of things. Maybe that’s just the modern Terran in me talking, unaccustomed to mindsets that look no further than the next village. Even so, I feel the more rich and complex the world is, the more intricate the politics and disparate the cultures, the more fun it will be to explore.

Posted by: Awaltir.5302

Awaltir.5302

They also said that there will be no paid expansion

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They also said that there will be no paid expansion

They have never said that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

How will the Silverwaste events get done once people move on?

Well they probably won’t. Just like Orr.

But Anet is working with a new AI guy so besides just enemy stuff, maybe they’ll make better NPCs that can handle participation.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2tj2d9/dave_marks_ai_consultant_work_will_be_in_heart_of/