What if Mordremoth wins?

What if Mordremoth wins?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

Either by sheer force or by the heroes eventually quitting the fight due to either exhaustion or despair (or both)?

After all, even with the best case scenario of Mordremoth’s defeat, there are still so many more elder dragons to defeat afterward.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Then there won’t be any more expansions after this one. We’ll all be Mordremoth minions and our dailies will be going to the Church of Mordremoth and singing hymns of praise. Forever and ever. Amen.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Primordus will come up to Mordremoth with his armies of fire and be all like, “Oh no, I sneezed. Oooooooooops, did I just burn all of your plants? My baaaad.”

And then Mordy will be all like, “I’m telling mom.”

And Primordus will be like, “Our mother is dead.”

And then they’ll cry bitter tears, causing a great flood that buries all of Tyria in water for centuries, leaving the Quaggans as the only remaining race.

Quaggan Wars 1: The Birth of Quaggonia.

Or words to that effect.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

we’ll all be mind controlled, gather magical relics for Mordremoth, and absolutely nothing will change except everyone has a lot more chlorophyll and we revive at blighting shrubs instead of Waypoints.

we’ll still despise Jormag, Primordus, Kralkatorrik, and Bubbles, because the ED’s want ALL the magic for themselves, so things like The Pact and their anti-dragon weapons will still be around, especially considering that Mordremoth is seemingly the most intelligent ED.

the only real difference is that mordremoth would be a good guy to us, and non-mordrem would be bad guys

eventually, we overwhelm the other dragons because as Mordrem we’d be uncorruptable, resulting in the other dragons running out of troops, Mordremoth consumes all their magic and goes back to sleep.

after that, nothing would happen, we’d all just sit around bored because everyone is allies as Mordrem now, until either we all die permanently (mordremoth sleeping means no more revivals) and eventually another race evolves into sapience and the cycle repeats, or nothing happens until mordremoth wakes up and goes back to ruling with a wooden claw until he gets his snack.

honestly, it’s actually probably the LEAST awful ending as far as “bad endings” go, at least mordrem and risen get to keep their sapience when they become minions (unlike icebrood and branded which seemingly become mindless, and destroyers and DSD minions aren’t even made from corrupted creatures at all).

hell, it may actually be the only possible “good” ending, since it’s implied that killing ALL the dragons is a VERY BAD IDEA on a mists-wide scale if there isn’t anything around to absorb the released dragon energy

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

I can imagine it now. Every player is ported to confront Mordy. Mordy erupts from the ground with infinite health and a 2 minute timer. At the end of the 2 minutes Mordy kills everyone. A message pops up from the devs saying “Thanks for playing!” and then everyone is kicked from the game. Servers close down and the doom sayers can finally cry tears of joy because the game they predicted will close since before the lunch finally closed.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Kirschsahne.2081

Kirschsahne.2081

Either by sheer force or by the heroes eventually quitting the fight due to either exhaustion or despair (or both)?

After all, even with the best case scenario of Mordremoth’s defeat, there are still so many more elder dragons to defeat afterward.

Mordremoth can’t win because i will be there.
Period.

You may sit back and watch some LOTR hero crying while i manhandle the dragon

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

well then we don’t need another expansion pack.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

honestly, it’s actually probably the LEAST awful ending as far as “bad endings” go, at least mordrem and risen get to keep their sapience when they become minions (unlike icebrood and branded which seemingly become mindless, and destroyers and DSD minions aren’t even made from corrupted creatures at all).

hell, it may actually be the only possible “good” ending, since it’s implied that killing ALL the dragons is a VERY BAD IDEA on a mists-wide scale if there isn’t anything around to absorb the released dragon energy

I hadn’t thought of this, but you’re right. Of course, there may be a way to get rid of that energy, possibly involving Glint’s egg.

Still, it would be interesting to see a group of NPCs come to the same conclusion, and see them try to convince others of the same.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Then things get interesting. A No-Prize to the first person who gets the following reference.

Attachments:

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Then things get interesting. A No-Prize to the first person who gets the following reference.

I’m not 100% sure but that sounds an awful lot like a Firefly reference.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Oraxis.9705

Oraxis.9705

Two words: Plot Armor. We can’t lose.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Elefantos.2537

Elefantos.2537

I imagine all the plants of Tyria would scream at once.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I welcome it.

let the sky fall

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Well, I can tell you that part will happen pretty definitely.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

I imagine all the plants of Tyria would scream at once.

It’s as if a thousand roots reached out and were suddenly burned

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Wash, get back to piloting my ship!

What if Mordremoth wins?

Morfedel.4165

You are correct!

What if Mordremoth wins?

Morfedel.4165

Hehe

What if Mordremoth wins?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Hehe

Anyone with the name of Morfedel is obviously halfway to being a Mordremoth Minion. >.>

BURN HIM!

ANet may give it to you.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Morfedel.4165

Hehe

Anyone with the name of Morfedel is obviously halfway to being a Mordremoth Minion. >.>

BURN HIM!

kitten , my secret has been exposed!!!!

:P

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Good riddance!

At least we would no longer have to worry about the horrible story telling…

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Dewzie.7015

Dewzie.7015

Back when the game launched and all we knew of Mordremoth was from the Crucible Of Eternity, I imagined him as the “good” dragon. Not because he behaved any differently from the others but simply because we didn’t perceive his form of corruption as being bad. Trees, flowers, nature itself all being the passive result of him consuming the most magic during the last rise or simply being the last to fall asleep.

I guess all the thorns and vines are a more obvious route to go down but maybe they’re just a more active corruption now that he’s awake?

Anyway the point I was getting to is that if the above were true, Mordremoth would have to win. We’d either realise during the encounter and stop just before delivering the final blow (so he’d be out of action but preserve the world as we know it) or he’d manage to escape and flee west to the “Utopia” islands/south to Cantha, leaving us to have an epiphany about what we could have just caused.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

My sylvari main will look forward to the legions of loyal troops I will be marching down central LA. I plan on calling this new game HW (humanoid wars). The goal of this new game will be the complete genocide of all non-plant based races.

Ah yes good times ahead!

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Or gw2 leads to us destroying the dragons one at a time. After the last dragon we have a great cataclysm…just in time for gw3 and new technology/graphics updates/etc.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Or gw2 leads to us destroying the dragons one at a time. After the last dragon we have a great cataclysm…just in time for gw3 and new technology/graphics updates/etc.

Or by Dragon 3, we get a message from ArenaNet:

“While we have enjoyed the Elder Dragons and the enthusiastic engagement with them from the best game community in all of MMORPGdom, we don’t feel that the concept of, ‘Elder Dragon,’ really supports all of the amazing things we have for Guild Wars 2 in the future. In the next expansion, we will be retiring the Elder Dragons so we can bring you new, exciting things for Tyria.”

“At ArenaNet, we love our iterating.”

What if Mordremoth wins?

Morfedel.4165

kinda what I was thinking. We have an expansion for each dragon… and once the last is dead, we find out some horrible secret, and…. GW3, set 500 years later, etc etc.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

It most definitely is

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Petoox.6570

Petoox.6570

Primordus will come up to Mordremoth with his armies of fire and be all like, “Oh no, I sneezed. Oooooooooops, did I just burn all of your plants? My baaaad.”

And then Mordy will be all like, “I’m telling mom.”

And Primordus will be like, “Our mother is dead.”

And then they’ll cry bitter tears, causing a great flood that buries all of Tyria in water for centuries, leaving the Quaggans as the only remaining race.

Quaggan Wars 1: The Birth of Quaggonia.

that sounds pretty legit i think

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Mordremoth’s tentacles would extend into the Mystic Forge, waking up a very drunk well armed Zommoros…..

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

By the size and the nature of Mordremoth (as shown in the cinematic launch trailer), I expect it will take about 2 more years after the story of HoT until we kill him. Living World Season 3 will give us at least one or two more maps where we will face the dragon.

There will be of course more stuff going around, slowly brewing into a new threat, and once we slay this dragon and get this false sense of victory, we will see this new, unforseen threat to rise (it doesn’t have to be the next dragon and it probably won’t be). If you played raid encounter in the beta, you can see this giantic wall made in human architecture. The raid takes place after the HoT, so these people who built it will be either our enemies, or allies. And as the wall looked like it wasn’t finished, it is possible that these people are already dead and we will be facing their enemies.
And the never-ending story of killing the bad guys continues…

Also, expect many deaths…for starters: Laranthir, Trehearne, Eir, Rox… possibly Rytlock.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Dont think Mordy can handle a sturdy bearbow

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Two words: Plot Armor. We can’t lose.

^This. If we lose, the game ends.

Mordi has kind of won already, a battle anyway. That was more than what Zhitan managed.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I think all the npc heroes will die, seeming like Mordremoth is going to win, and then yay, us users become the new heroes and win the day. It has all appropriate cheese factor, predictable outcomes, and necessary plot twists to be probable.
CALLING IT

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

I, for one, welcome our new eco-friendly overlord.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: sharkswithlazers.7632

sharkswithlazers.7632

Then the day of the salad will come. AT LAST, THE DOWNTRODDEN CABBAGE WILL HAVE HIS DAY!

Make way for Mordremoth, he’s a real fungi. I’m taking a real lichen to him. I, for one, would be releafed if mordemoth took over. He’s only garden our way of life, after all.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Then the day of the salad will come. AT LAST, THE DOWNTRODDEN CABBAGE WILL HAVE HIS DAY!

Make way for Mordremoth, he’s a real fungi. I’m taking a real lichen to him. I, for one, would be releafed if mordemoth took over. He’s only garden our way of life, after all.

I don’t know if I should fall about giggling like a 4 year old or cringe. But it is the best post I’ve read in awhile. Thank you for the enjoyment

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

If Modremoth won that would actually be pretty interesting. The capitals would be overrun and become new raid instances with only Lion’s Arch surviving. Then we sit back as the dragons begin to wage war on one another with us lurking in the background trying to find a way to take the dragons out while they are busy with each other.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Obviously Mordremoth won’t win, because it has me as an enemy. However, IF it did somehow win, then Guild Wars 2 will end because the other dragons aren’t going to do a kitten thing.

Realistically though, chances are it will be 10 real life years before we fight all the elder dragons. ArenaNet spent the last 3 years building a totally new dragon while completely ignoring the ones that have been awake for centuries. The elder dragons are supposed to be these great big horrible things and so far they have done NOTHING but wake up to say hello and kill a few things.

Primordus won’t do anything, neither will Jormag or Kralkatorrik. They probably went back to sleep for all we know. Bubbles isn’t even a thing anymore, instead it’s just a rumor at this point. All this time and NOTHING from the other dragons at all. Not one thing. So far it has all been filler content, because up until Scarlet died the game had NOTHING to do with the elder dragons.

Everything from Flame and Frost up until now should have waited until AFTER we killed Jormag, Primordus, and Kralkatorrik. This was content that could have added another 3 years to the base game after all the other dragons were dead.

Sorry, rant end :P

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

What if Mordremoth wins?

sharkswithlazers.7632

I don’t know if I should fall about giggling like a 4 year old or cringe. But it is the best post I’ve read in awhile. Thank you for the enjoyment

I live to serve… (the jungle dragon)

What if Mordremoth wins?

Just a flesh wound.3589

What if he wins?

He’ll turn over a new leaf.

ANet may give it to you.

What if Mordremoth wins?

sharkswithlazers.7632

Lilly take over all of Tyria? Only Thyme will tell.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

People forget that John Cena is human. We can’t lose.

Glorious Human Master Race

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

We might be better off.

Here’s what me know about dragons:

• They eat magic
  • They want to subjugate all living things
  • When they showed up, the human gods skipped town

So, the human gods, the being supposedly responsible for releasing magic in to the world, just up and left when the dragons started rising. Despite all their machinations, flooding the world with magic and then dialing it back with the bloodstones, watching like bigg googly eyed jerks as mortal humans killed abbaddon, they just… left.

Why?

It seems to me our “gods” know something we don’t, and that something is that _magic is unnatural, and potentially harmful to the fabric of tyria, and possibly reality in the guild wars universe.

They didn’t come from tyria, but from somewhere else across the mists. Then they for some reason… left. And picked up come humans, and dropped them off here with magic for a while, did some maintainence, and left

As a human, it took a while to step back from blind reverence, but once I did it hit me. That’s a pattern. The six human “gods” have done this before. They have an agenda, and that agenda is to seed worlds across the mists with magic. However, it seems that reality doesn’t particularly like magic. Hence the existance of the elder dragons. I wouldn’t be surprised if the gods left the last place they lived for the same reason.

Why is unclear, but the “who” seems pretty clear to me.

The human gods are extremists fighting a guerilla war against something far greater, and that something doesn’t want magic kittening with the rules of reality.

A single entity or race in charge of the creation of the mists and thus all of reality? Are the gods equivalent to rogue “dragons” from wherever they come from, and have simply decided to selfishly stick out on their own to build armies that span multiple realms?

After all, they have some similarities. Dragon energy can move from host to host, just like the essence of a human god. They have specific spheres of influence, which when combined administer the whole of a world.

Most importantly, however, is the fate that befell Abbaddon. Who was… the god of magic.

Looking at it from a different perspective, it is entirely possible that the six left their original home with altruistic intentions, and upon discovering how easily they could rule over tyria once they arrived, only abby wanted to stick with the original plan. So they cast him out.

and the dragons? They’re just what Tyria has in stead of whatever the six gods are. Possibly every major realm of reality has such guardians, and it’s entirely possible that the absence of magic, given what we know about the mists, is what actually defines reality

The mists, being pure potential, magic, and chaos are the natural state of things, the filler between all realities right? The realities we know, tyria, the domain of anguish, all the littel shards, fractals, and borderlands differentiate themselves because they have less possibility and more rules. Rules like time and physics.

It is entirely possible that the natural state of all reality is the mists, and what causes these little pockets to exist is creatures like our own elder dragons. By removing magic they allow things like time and physics to exist.

When mordremoth says “I am this world” hes’ not just being evil. He is telling the truth

My theory posits that tyria exists because the elder dragons existed first, consumed large portions of magic from the mists, and that “hole” in infinite possibility is tyria. A land with rules and physics and time, but also a land with enough magic sitting around to bend those rules.

If this is the case, then the six gods take on, from our perspective, a much more dire aspect. By attempting to visit these realms and spread magic, they may be knowingly or unknowingly destroying countless worlds.

The elder dragons aren’tr much better as they would logically view all of tyria as an extension of themselves because it actually is so we small mortal things are left in the middle. On the one side we have inter-reality terrorists possibly erasing whole realities, and on the other we have the source of all realities not giving a crap about our tiny concepts like “free will” because, in their eyes, they own us.

In the end we may find that our survival depends on making peace with the dragons (or at least one of them) rather than murdering them all. You know, one that appreciates and values mortal life and its free will.

One like we could hatch out of glint’s last egg

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

The dragons will finally get off their butts and start a war with each other because they say " Hey the Pact Commander is finally dead! We can stop hiding in our one spot and go out to destroy the world now!"

What if Mordremoth wins?

Just a flesh wound.3589

A warning

If Mordremoth wins, his spores will invade your blood and then your mind. Agonizing tortures will follow as they multiple and remake your body, cell by cell. Roots will push their way through your blood and nervous systems, forcing them to one side and then supplanting them, while you writhe and scream in agony.

Hmmmm. All that reminded me of what it’s like to read the IRS tax booklet and file my taxes each year.

ANet may give it to you.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

What if Mordremoth wins?
I will blame the hyenas who delayed all these brave warriors to arrive in time to fight.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

I hadn’t thought of this, but you’re right. Of course, there may be a way to get rid of that energy, possibly involving Glint’s egg.

Still, it would be interesting to see a group of NPCs come to the same conclusion, and see them try to convince others of the same.

I was redoing the LS2 today and I noticed it’s actually possible that Gixx has come to the conclusion as well:

Player: It’s always a pleasure to see you, Steward. How are the things at the Priory?

Gixx: Busy. Few of us get more than a couple of hours sleep at a time. We’re torn between preparing for Mordremoth and researching how to neutralize it.

Player: Any progress on the neutralization front?

Gixx: Sigh. I wish so, but we’re not making fast headway. If you ask me, we’re sending too many of our best and brightest to fight with the Pact.

Player: The future of Tyria is at stake. Mordremoth must be destroyed.

Gixx: Are you so sure? I have begun to wonder … Ah, but it’s late, and perhaps that is just my fatigue talking.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: sirjarros.4107

sirjarros.4107

I think Lord Faren is an elder dragon in disguise! :P lol

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Here’s what me know about dragons:

• They eat magic
  • They want to subjugate all living things
  • When they showed up, the human gods skipped town

The mists, being pure potential, magic, and chaos are the natural state of things, the filler between all realities right? The realities we know, tyria, the domain of anguish, all the littel shards, fractals, and borderlands differentiate themselves because they have less possibility and more rules. Rules like time and physics.

It is entirely possible that the natural state of all reality is the mists, and what causes these little pockets to exist is creatures like our own elder dragons. By removing magic they allow things like time and physics to exist.

When mordremoth says “I am this world” hes’ not just being evil. He is telling the truth

My theory posits that tyria exists because the elder dragons existed first, consumed large portions of magic from the mists, and that “hole” in infinite possibility is Tyria. A land with rules and physics and time, but also a land with enough magic sitting around to bend those rules.

I’m confident that cosmology will turn out to be about 30 times more interesting than what we actually get.

The Eternal Alchemy would be a system of recognizing the ‘bite marks’ in the fabric of the mists .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

What if Mordremoth wins?

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

It would be a good thing if we would not be able to beat Mordremoth in HoT, but it would be too innovative and interesting. A company like Anet would never have enough courage to pull that off.