What if they announced 3 PvE maps for HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I think they are going to have three maps, which will have up to 3 biomes each (although maybe 2 instead for one or two of them), and one special map. I remember them talking about revealing difficult group content, and I swear I heard a dev say three maps, so since there has been data mined four names, my bet is those other three are “regular” maps, and Dragon’s Stand is a special map for this hard content they have been talking about.

Absolutely no evidence to back that up, its just a guess.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Here’s a reality check: If they release an expansion with three maps, please know everyone could have had those same three maps by now, via Living Story, given the amount of time we’ve waited for this expansion.

Think about that for a second and then realize why people are less than thrilled with this. That is not what the community expects when they ask for an expansion.

It means we’ve sat around with nothing to do, with no seasonal or special events, and watched our peers leave for livelier pastures, for the same amount of content that could have and has been delivered in the same amount of time.

For free.

ANet just withheld it during that time and then released it all at once instead with a huge price tag to boot.

So, yes, if it’s only three or four maps of fluff content for fifty dollars or more, expect the reviews and reactions to be as bad as that Fantastic Four movie, but a lot less civil.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

I agree with ardenwolfe.
One of the early issues of this expansion is that the content offered is almost equal to a free LS season + some free feature updates.
And you know, that kind of content i like, but there is a main difference. You have to pay for it this time.

I blame all those people who asked for an expansion, a payed expansion. At the end we’ll have the same as if it was free but paying it.
And with a whole year of wait and lack of content in the meantime…

Learn from our errors and next time, please, ask for more free and frequent content and less semiexpansions with money like this one.

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

I agree with ardenwolfe.
One of the early issues of this expansion is that the content offered is almost equal to a free LS season + some free feature updates.
And you know, that kind of content i like, but there is a main difference. You have to pay for it this time.

I blame all those people who asked for an expansion, a payed expansion. At the end we’ll have the same as if it was free but paying it.
And with a whole year of wait and lack of content in the meantime…

Learn from our errors and next time, please, ask for more free and frequent content and less semiexpansions with money like this one.

how is it the fault of the player that anet decided to charge an arm and a leg for another living story update? We asked for an expansion, hopefully its what we get. Just because they stuck the word “expansion” to it, doesnt make it what we asked for.

If i ask for an apple and someone asks for money up front then gives me an apple tree seed, its a bit kittenish to say i got what i asked for when i clearly didnt.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

I wouldn’t have expected more than a couple new maps in this time, but that doesn’t change the overall point. HoT should be a larger content release in addition to continued LS updates. Anet is expecting players to pay for months (approaching a year now) worth of LS updates that have already been paid for by their gemstore. HoT’s content, not including held-back/delayed LS releases, needs to be worth the $50 cost.

I don’t doubt that HoT is giving us more content than we’d be getting otherwise. But it’s dishonest to claim that held-back releases would have seen months ago are part of that expansion’s cost. If they want to hold content back, and release it in retail packages, they can remove all those cosmetics from the gemstore and re-add them as in-game items.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)