What is your fav ele Build

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Chenzo.9215

Chenzo.9215

Hey guys I am a low mastary rank and was wondering what is your fav elementalist build in pve, pvp, wvw, and dungeons including amulets rings accesorys and gear and why you like it Thanks

(edited by Chenzo.9215)

Posted by: rrusse.7058

rrusse.7058

I feel that the builds will vary wildly depending on the game mode. For example in WvW, many players like to lean towards builds and gear set ups that offer more toughness and vitality as fights have as many 2 or 200 opponents so players prefer a more defensive approach.

Think about what game mode you want to spend most of your time and that might help you save time and gold when gearing up.

To answer your question, I personally enjoy dagger/dagger Celestial Elementalist. It is no longer in use in sPvP but I find the build offers enough damage, defense and healing to support and take down mobs in PvE. It isn’t optimal for dungeons or fractals but it works as a sort of Jack of all trades.

Run Arcana, Fire and Water for a more defensive and support set up, or Arcana, Fire and Air for pure offense. I can’t say much on Tempest as I haven’t really played one and have yet to get all the masteries for my Elementalist. Look at some gameplay footage and some example builds for it and see if you like it as much as I do.

(edited by rrusse.7058)

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Sorry to be pedantic, but you might want to change the title from “What is your fav ele class” to “What is your fav ele build?” since that’s what you’re asking.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Wrong forum? Should be in ele subforum?

Anyway, I usually run staff tempest. Fire 1/1/1, Air 3/2/1, Tempest 3/3/3 or 1/3/2. With counting down from the top. Utilities are whatever, but generally some form of Arcane Brilliance + Arcane Wave + Arcane Shield + Aftershock + Summon Greater Elemental.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.