What's Going On Here?

What's Going On Here?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

So; I’ve been playing HoT happily with no problem; and I decide to pop onto the forums for the first time since launch, and what do I see? kittening and moaning about the most ridiculous stuff.

Everything from “Game too hard” or “Can’t solo anymore” or “Game too grindy”. I’m really angry at you people. Finally we have some competent open world content and the forums are a flame with kitten. I seriously hope no one is listening to these complaints seriously. Don’t let the vocal minority here ruin it for the silent and content majority.

Most of all, I’m upset at anyone who complains about “grind”. You guys are spoiled and don’t even understand what grind is. You want to know what grind in GW2 is? Doing Mad Kings Labyrinth for 5 hours at a time to level up characters; that’s grind. If you’re going to sit down in one area and do the same event for hours; that’s on you, that’s not the fault of the game. You could just as easily make the same progress by just playing the content you want.

Seriously; if I hear one more complaint about how someone can’t solo everything in an MMO and how they have to grind for masteries as they do map completion, I’m going to flip out.

What's Going On Here?

Posted by: Lome.8239

Lome.8239

A lot of people here have never experienced a new expansion before.

A lot of people like to create drama just for the sake of doing so.

A lot of people feel the game is too hard because they refuse to change traits or utilities for certain situations.

Stuff like that.

What's Going On Here?

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

And this thread accomplishes what, exactly?

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

What's Going On Here?

Posted by: Verenhimo.3296

Verenhimo.3296

So; I’ve been playing HoT happily with no problem; and I decide to pop onto the forums for the first time since launch, and what do I see? kittening and moaning about the most ridiculous stuff.

Everything from “Game too hard” or “Can’t solo anymore” or “Game too grindy”. I’m really angry at you people. Finally we have some competent open world content and the forums are a flame with kitten. I seriously hope no one is listening to these complaints seriously. Don’t let the vocal minority here ruin it for the silent and content majority.

Most of all, I’m upset at anyone who complains about “grind”. You guys are spoiled and don’t even understand what grind is. You want to know what grind in GW2 is? Doing Mad Kings Labyrinth for 5 hours at a time to level up characters; that’s grind. If you’re going to sit down in one area and do the same event for hours; that’s on you, that’s not the fault of the game. You could just as easily make the same progress by just playing the content you want.

Seriously; if I hear one more complaint about how someone can’t solo everything in an MMO and how they have to grind for masteries as they do map completion, I’m going to flip out.

Vocal minority vs People contently playing the game is what you’re seeing, there are some valid complains but most of them here are just awful personal opinions presented as facts or huge generalizations.

What's Going On Here?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Getting angry because others have opinions about a video game that don’t match one’s own is not particularly healthy IMO.

It might be worthwhile to learn to accept that other people are allowed to have their own opinions.

What's Going On Here?

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

Don’t get angry when other people are incapable of enjoying something.
Be happy you enjoy HoT.
It’s definitely preferable to not enjoying it

What's Going On Here?

Posted by: Limenox.8320

Limenox.8320

Getting angry because others have opinions about a video game that don’t match one’s own is not particularly healthy IMO.

It might be worthwhile to learn to accept that other people are allowed to have their own opinions.

Don’t get angry when other people are incapable of enjoying something.
Be happy you enjoy HoT.
It’s definitely preferable to not enjoying it

He’s getting angry not because of others’ opinions or inability to enjoy.
He’s getting angry because they are trying to ruin what he enjoy.

What's Going On Here?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

He’s getting angry not because of others’ opinions or inability to enjoy.
He’s getting angry because they are trying to ruin what he enjoy.

Not based on what he said and how he said it.

What's Going On Here?

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Quick, repeat with me:

• We can’t solo everything in an MMO and we have to grind for masteries as we do map completition.
  • We can’t solo everything in an MMO and we have to grind for masteries as we do map completition.

Since ArenaNet already nerfed some of the grind – see the specialization unlock – and already made the game more soloable – see how some of the hero points in HoT were tonned down so champions became veterans -, I’m sure it’s only a matter of time until they listen to us and make the game even more soloable and less grindy. All we have to do is complain a bit more.

What's Going On Here?

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

Quick, repeat with me:

Since ArenaNet already nerfed some of the grind – see the specialization unlock – and already made the game more soloable – see how some of the hero points in HoT were tonned down so champions became veterans -, I’m sure it’s only a matter of time until they listen to us and make the game even more soloable and less grindy. All we have to do is complain a bit more.

You’re not even playing the game. You don’t get to make demands.