What skins should I buy, Anet?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

You keep releasing new skins, yet you have not even told us what new weapon warriors, elementalists, and thieves are getting. It is very unfair to these three professions, as we have to either guess, or pay a massive premium on them later.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

They don’t want you to buy skins.. they want you to buy keys for a % chance at a ticket scrap for a skin.

dietzero.3514

They don’t want you to buy skins.. they want you to buy keys for a % chance at a ticket scrap for a skin.

Guardians, Rangers, Engineers, Mesmers and Necros will be buying skins…

But yeah, the whole black lion chest thing is just profitting off gambling problems. It is not cool.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Almost three years lator now and still not enough scraps for a ticket myself, scam much?

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Guardians, Rangers, Engineers, Mesmers and Necros will be buying skins…

But yeah, the whole black lion chest thing is just profitting off gambling problems. It is not cool.

Oh yes, I’m all over those Wings of Dwayna

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Almost three years lator now and still not enough scraps for a ticket myself, scam much?

Yeah, I just counted all the scraps I’ve ever got in three years. It’s 6 scraps, so maybe 2018 I’ll have my first ticket?

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

Have you done World Exploration on a character or two?

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

I’m going to have to agree with the OP on this.

Necro’s knew at xpac announcement that they would get G.sword (Very, very, strongly hinted at by Colin), and Ranger’s to get Staff (this was outright confirmed)
Mesmer’s had a very strong indicator in the HoT trailer that Shield was to be their new weapon. Engineer’s were also giving strong video trailer hints.
Some data-mined hints, and then the official reveal confirmed for the Longbow being added to the Guardian kitten nal.

Some clues for what the remainder are getting may/may not be hinted at if you dissect the sparse information provided by Anet. Nothing confirmed yet.

I am chomping at the bit to know what Warrior, Thief, and Elementalist are to get.
I’ve spent a few of my BL tickets on a chance that the skins I traded for are of the correct weapon type. Time will tell if I guessed correctly, or if those skins will be TP’s to get cash to buy the ‘correct’ skins.

Anet – Please give us some more information on what we could expect for the remaining Elite Specializations weapon allotments

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

The bigger issue in my opinion is how many weapon skins will be in the x-pac for our characters to go out and earn through game play. We are paying for a product that should include as many skins as the base game for the price we are paying. It won’t surprise me in the slightest if there is a lack of new weapon skins in the game or armor sets. It won’t surprise me if there aren’t any new kitten Cultural type sets that we can earn. It also won’t surprise me to see myriad options of these types of things on the gem shop on week #1 of release of HoT. Double dipping at its finest.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

They give a rare key every now and then for map completion, also for personal story and in S2. So I guess you could invest in alts?

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

The bigger issue in my opinion is how many weapon skins will be in the x-pac for our characters to go out and earn through game play. We are paying for a product that should include as many skins as the base game for the price we are paying. It won’t surprise me in the slightest if there is a lack of new weapon skins in the game or armor sets. It won’t surprise me if there aren’t any new kitten Cultural type sets that we can earn. It also won’t surprise me to see myriad options of these types of things on the gem shop on week #1 of release of HoT. Double dipping at its finest.

How many of those factions of which reputation you can grind through masteries are there…three? That’s it, you’ll get 3 new armor sets per armor class + new weapon skins for legendaries, maybe some new ascended stuff.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

How many of those factions of which reputation you can grind through masteries are there…three? That’s it, you’ll get 3 new armor sets per armor class + new weapon skins for legendaries, maybe some new ascended stuff.

On HoT shipment, yes. But through the life of HoT they will release outfits(this needs to stop) select hero skins (weapons and masks), and probably a couple armor sets per armor class.

Even though we all paid 59.99 for HoT, they will still push looks through the gem store. Looks that have better effects, better color dying abilities (4 panes instead of 2 or 3), and match the genre better then what is released with the game. Has always been this way, will always be this way.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

dietzero.3514

So there were many Elementalists who went out and acquired swords, some even getting Bolt…

Well, turns out it is more likely warhorn for eles. But who knows!? Anet may change it to torch for the lols…

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

I’m more interested thy there is no new underwater skins? They could do trident with the staff skin and the harpoon gun with rifle. And it’s only remains to design blade on a stick, for spear. Are they rly do not care at all?

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

If you’re asking Anet directly, I assume their answer would be (even if silently):

ALL OF THEM NAO GEMS TO GOLD GOGOGOGO!

Although how much of the gem store revenue their NCSoft overlords actually allow them to keep is another question entirely. :/