When are you nerfing mastery points?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: TeeracK.3601

TeeracK.3601

When will there be an update that fixes mastery points? Right now it’s impossible to mastery cap unless you are able to get gold in a bunch of kittenty buggy and hilariously poorly made cell phone games called “adventures” Please half the total number of mastery points needed so that i can play the game and not get on every day and try my best to beat some kittenty cell phone games before giving up.

I used to play gw2 a lot and buy a lot of things in the gem store, but now i get on and fail to get golds for a few hours before logging out. I’ve uninstalled the game now and will probably give my account away if there is no nerf to the mastery point system since it’s just really bad game design.

I’m sure this thread will get a lot of hate, but i actually don’t care at all and wont read most posts in it that arent from devs so don’t waste your time.

(edited by TeeracK.3601)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You haven’t needed to get gold in any adventures for quite some time. The mastery points get you to do various things throughout the entire expansion. There are currently 25 excess mastery points.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Kind of pointless to make a thread where you claim you don’t read the responses unless you get blessed with a red post, but whatever.

They said they’re making the HoT areas easier in April. This could well be a change to adventures so that they are more accessible and easier to do.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

TeeracK.3601

You haven’t needed to get gold in any adventures for quite some time. The mastery points get you to do various things throughout the entire expansion. There are currently 25 excess mastery points.

Actually it’s slightly more with the new raid wing. But the last 20 points are still hard to get and getting silver in most adventures is all RNG. There shouldn’t be this massive cut off in your ability to progress in the real game because you arent good at cell phone games. It actually embarrassing they let such a poor design into the game.

not sure what the point of your posts was. I guess you’re all for the game staying poorly designed so it makes casual players lose even more interest in it. HoT has pushed away so many players its actually not funny.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I have a ton of gold adventures not yet achieved and I am only 2 points from HoT cap. I’ll get one from answering five more Rata Novus questions, and the other I’ll have to scrounge from a silver or gold adventure, or another PS chapter achieve set, I think.

Yes I did get gold in a -few- adventures. The really easy ones like the motor race in TD or On Wings of Gold in Tarir. Otoh I’ve barely made silver in Fallen Masks (and only persevered because I had to for the Reaper GS) and not even bronze in Shooting Gallery.

So check the guides for other mastery points, like the lock boxes and views, review your HoT achieve panel for points you can get, and you may be surprised how close you can get to cap without doing well in adventures.

Ayrilana.1396

Actually it’s slightly more with the new raid wing. But the last 20 points are still hard to get and getting silver in most adventures is all RNG. There shouldn’t be this massive cut off in your ability to progress in the real game because you arent good at cell phone games. It actually embarrassing they let such a poor design into the game.

not sure what the point of your posts was. I guess you’re all for the game staying poorly designed so it makes casual players lose even more interest in it. HoT has pushed away so many players its actually not funny.

It’s exactly 25 but that’s assuming you also invest points into the raid mastery line. Only a handful of adventures have some form of RNG. You only need to do get 5 MP from what you consider to be “cellphone games”.

My point was that there was plenty of alternatives and it is not required to get gold in any adventures. I stated that in the very first sentence.

I also disagree that they are poorly designed. It seems people use “poorly designed” for anything that they do not like. Well, I don’t like how a lot of this game is so easy so it is therefore poorly designed.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

I hate adventures, too, but I’m going to man up and do as many as required. You should do the same.

May I have your stuff?

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Have a look at HiggsBoson’s guide on the matter, its the best I’ve seen thus far:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Guide-Adventures-Silver-Gold-and-beyond/5923849

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

The only adventure I HAD to get gold in for the point was tendrils torchers, and that’s only because I couldn’t get silver in shooting gallery. That was for leyline gliding btw, which was the last thing I maxed. The point is all Mag mastery is maxed and there are still points available.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

TeeracK.3601

It’s exactly 25 but that’s assuming you also invest points into the raid mastery line. Only a handful of adventures have some form of RNG. You only need to do get 5 MP from what you consider to be “cellphone games”.

My point was that there was plenty of alternatives and it is not required to get gold in any adventures. I stated that in the very first sentence.

I also disagree that they are poorly designed. It seems people use “poorly designed” for anything that they do not like. Well, I don’t like how a lot of this game is so easy so it is therefore poorly designed.

Was the game advertised around adventures? Did anyone in the entire world buy guild wars 2 so they could go around and play mini games over and over? No, but you’re forced to because they took something that should have been an optional “fun” bonus thing to do and made it something you HAVE to do. And they are way clunkier then any of the random free games i could download on my tablet right now. Trying to say they aren’t poorly designed makes me believe you have played very few video games and have no idea what good games look like. Are you one of the people who also thought garrion missions in wow were a good thing? o.o I honestly don’t believe they even tested half of them.

I have every single mastery point that isn’t related to adventures. I’m missing about half of the silver ones and all of the golds and im 14 short. I honestly have no idea how i will ever get the rest of them unless they fix their game.

I had 10 friends i used to play gw2 with a lot and now i only every play it alone because none of them could deal with this crap. The current system is just designed to push out players who used to play the game daily casually. You’re forced to grind away xp for hours and hour just to find out in the end you can’t even complete the stuff you’ve been working on for over a month. Waste of time and effort and it just makes me feel guilty knowing i got five of my friends to come back to guild wars for this expansion.

(edited by TeeracK.3601)

Ayrilana.1396

Was the game advertised around adventures? Did anyone in the entire world buy guild wars 2 so they could go around and play mini games over and over? No, but you’re forced to because they took something that should have been an optional “fun” bonus thing to do and made it something you HAVE to do. And they are way clunkier then any of the random free games i could download on my tablet right now. Trying to say they aren’t poorly designed makes me believe you have played very few video games and have no idea what good games look like. Are you one of the people who also thought garrion missions in wow were a good thing? o.o I honestly don’t believe they even tested half of them.

I have every single mastery point that isn’t related to adventures. I’m missing about half of the silver ones and all of the golds and im 14 short. I honestly have no idea how i will ever get the rest of them unless they fix their game.

I had 10 friends i used to play gw2 with a lot and now i only every play it alone because none of them could deal with this crap. The current system is just designed to push out players who used to play the game daily casually. You’re forced to grind away xp for hours and hour just to find out in the end you can’t even complete the stuff you’ve been working on for over a month. Waste of time and effort and it just makes me feel guilty knowing i got five of my friends to come back to guild wars for this expansion.

The expansion doesn’t function around adventures so I don’t see why it would matter if it were advertised as such or not. You only have to get 5 mastery points from adventures. It’s not that big of a deal. You’re not going to enjoy doing everything. I’m sure many people disliked doing world completion to get their legendary weapons and yet they did it anyway.

You absolutely do not have every mastery point that is not related to adventures. So that’s a bit of a lie. There is nothing broken about the game because there is something you do not want to do.

Or here’s a solution:

Shave off 50 mastery points from across all masteries. Take those 50 points and make them instead to be required to craft HoT legendary weapons. Problem solved. Now you can easily max your masteries.

Posted by: JRM.6218

JRM.6218

So, can you tell me how to get 12 MP apart from Adventures? I have every other achievement in HoT maps/story.

Thank you.

Ayrilana.1396

Here’s a list. It’s missing a few or somebody forgot to update the total.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

Apparently, Mayatl’s missing from this list (and eventually from the Achievement panel).

And yeah, seriously, getting enough mastery points isn’t too hard. Some adventures are so easy getting a gold medal is a joke (like the motorcycle thing in the SCAR encampment or the salvage pit).

Actually, I would even say thank you to Anet for forcing me to play some content I wouldn’t have played otherwise. I wouldn’t do adventures every day, but trying to beat them all at least once was really fun.

Ayrilana.1396

Yeah. The totals on that list are also not getting updated. I copy and pasted both lists into Excel and got 80 for the Tyria ones and 139 for the HoT ones. That’s also not taking into account how many that are missing.

I also count 66 earned mastery points for the Tyria ones in the mastery panel including the one I currently see available in the hero panel (fractal collection). This appears as if there’s 14 missing except they are meant to not count.

Considering you need 49 for Tyria and 117 for HoT to max all masteries, I don’t think it’s all that bad.

HoT Missing Achievements missing (comparing all of them tonight)

• Heart of Thorns – Act 2 – City of Hope
  • Heart of Thorns – Act 2 – Predator’s Path
  • Verdant Brink – By defeating Mayatl (No listed achievement)
  • ????

Posted by: JRM.6218

JRM.6218

Well, the mastery point from Mayatl, as I knew, is the only one you can offer me. Now, can you bring me 11 more?

Ayrilana.1396

Well, the mastery point from Mayatl, as I knew, is the only one you can offer me. Now, can you bring me 11 more?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/When-are-you-nerfing-mastery-points/first#post6046661

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

They don’t need to halve the points required, but I would certainly appreciate if they reduced them by like 10 or so. That’s how many I need for the last one.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Ayrilana.1396

They don’t need to halve the points required, but I would certainly appreciate if they reduced them by like 10 or so. That’s how many I need for the last one.

Wait until LS 3 when we get more MP.

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

I don’t have a single adventure gold and I am at 166. Do the events that lead to the metas and you will get there fine and you can solo them.

RP enthusiast

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I wouldn’t call them poorly designed either. Most are just overtuned. If the thresholds on some of them would be increased (like a bit more time in shooting gallery, floor is lava, fallen masks, etc) they would be at least a bit more interesting and replayable.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

I wouldn’t call them poorly designed either. Most are just overtuned. If the thresholds on some of them would be increased (like a bit more time in shooting gallery, floor is lava, fallen masks, etc) they would be at least a bit more interesting and replayable.

I wouldn’t even say that “most” are overtuned. Sure there are several that require a lot of time to get gold in, but as stated many times above you don’t need to get gold in everything, not even close. The ones you listed have really hard golds, but their silvers are not difficult at all, 1-2 tries if you watch a video beforehand. And for every one that has a difficult gold achievement there is another with an absurdly easy gold. If you really wanted you could spend an afternoon and get silver or better in everything, assuming you already have all the waypoints. There is so much boring grindy kitten in this game, I can’t believe that someone would give adventures flack when you only have to do them once and combined they won’t take more than like 4 or 5 hours to get more than enough mastery points.

I guess if you have some compulsion to max out mastery points it kinda sucks but you’re doing that purely by choice lol, you get nothing for going over the amount required for masteries.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I wouldn’t even say that “most” are overtuned. Sure there are several that require a lot of time to get gold in, but as stated many times above you don’t need to get gold in everything, not even close. The ones you listed have really hard golds, but their silvers are not difficult at all, 1-2 tries if you watch a video beforehand. And for every one that has a difficult gold achievement there is another with an absurdly easy gold. If you really wanted you could spend an afternoon and get silver or better in everything, assuming you already have all the waypoints. There is so much boring grindy kitten in this game, I can’t believe that someone would give adventures flack when you only have to do them once and combined they won’t take more than like 4 or 5 hours to get more than enough mastery points.

I guess if you have some compulsion to max out mastery points it kinda sucks but you’re doing that purely by choice lol, you get nothing for going over the amount required for masteries.

I don’t want gold for the masteries myself (maxed out already, with only gold on the four of them). I just wish they’d be a bit easier so there was more of a replayabilty to them (like the easy ones which can be knocked out quick, like drone/leyline while waiting for gerent).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

no why should they nerf them? many people have achieved max mastery lvl proving it is possible. if you can’t do the content you dont deserve the reward end of story

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books