When can I pre-order?

When can I pre-order?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Braxton.3926

Braxton.3926

Hi all…

When am I able to pre-order the expansion?

When can I pre-order?

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Do you mean pre-order or pre-purchase? Maybe they will announce something on E3 (June 16-18).

When can I pre-order?

Braxton.3926

Either / or.

I guess what I’m wanting to know is when I can purchase the expansion, if I’m able to purchase it before it goes online.

When can I pre-order?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They haven’t released that info yet. There’s a datamined text string suggesting pre-purchase is coming, which should be no surprise to anyone. Beyond that we’re all waiting to find out.

I’m sure these forums will explode with multiple threads exclaiming about it once pre-purchase is announced.

When can I pre-order?

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Probably at or right after E3. E3 starts at June 16 which is tuesday aka patch day.

When can I pre-order?

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Yet another thread
Yet again an answer: They’ll announce it when it’s ready. If they’ll be at E3 my guess it will be then, but no high hopes for it.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

When can I pre-order?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Pre-order is available only at third party vendors, using a placeholder price. The pre-order directly at Arenanet is no available at this moment and is likely a better offer. GW2 pre-order came with access to beta weekend events, 3 day headstart (thirdparty preorders had no beta weekend events and only a 1 day headstart) and the Arenanet preorder had some extra goodies. So my advice… Patience my friend…Patience..

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

When can I pre-order?

Braxton.3926

Makes perfect sense… Thanks for the input.

When can I pre-order?

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

They haven’t released anything on the GW2 website about the price or date of release for the expansion. No one outside of the development team knows when it’ll be released or what the price will be.

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

When can I pre-order?

Braxton.3926

I’m anxiously awaiting the launch…

I’m curious how much it will cost.

When can I pre-order?

mercury ranique.2170

They haven’t released anything on the GW2 website about the price or date of release for the expansion. No one outside of the development team knows when it’ll be released or what the price will be.

No one in the development team knows when the launch is either.
they likely have a preferred launch date, but it is very likely not set in stone yet. The simple reason is that it isn’t ready yet.

For example. We recently had a beta event. One of the loudest feedbacks was the lack of quality of the night-part of the event cycle. This is something they likely has to fix. I asume this is easily done, but it could also mean that they have to solve it by redesigning the entire event sequence and building it up again from scratch. Such thing could potentially slow down the entire process that the internal wish date has to be moved.

So nobody knows for sure. Unlike some company’s Arenanet never announced a releasedate and had to postpone it later (unless you count some struggle where a release failed and was delayed with several hours cause of technical issues).

When can I pre-order?

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I’m not sure why people keep saying they have no date set for release.

Any and I mean any software company has a road map which outlines updates, features, and their projected release dates. Projected dates is a key part but when they start their sprints, they know what defects and bugs exist through a serious of uat/qa tasks.

They absolutely have a release date goal set in stone and barring any major setback, it will be released on that date which they will give us when they’re ready.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

When can I pre-order?

mercury ranique.2170

Any and I mean any software company has a road map which outlines updates, features, and their projected release dates. Projected dates is a key part but when they start their sprints, they know what defects and bugs exist through a serious of uat/qa tasks.

They absolutely have a release date goal set in stone and barring any major setback, it will be released on that date which they will give us when they’re ready.

That is exactly why so many company’s had to postpone releases. Yes they have a roadmap. Yes they also have deadlines. But it is NOT set in stone. Arenanet actually keep thier promised release date, while all those other company’s don’t (on a regular base). The only exception is Utopia, but that one got cancelled cause of a total change of plans.

When can I pre-order?

Braxton.3926

Well, regardless, it’ll be nice once it’s out.

When can I pre-order?

CodeHavoc.7926

I’ll just leave this here

More info “when it’s ready”.

When can I pre-order?

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

The key word is goal. When I start the first sprint on a project we know our delivery parameters and most likely an estimate but the exact date 100.000 percent of the work will be done (no ‘padding’ if you are running ahead) is not known before you even look at the problem.

Interestingly, this is something waterfall models do better. You know everything up front before one line of code is written.

What happens if they give us an exact date but still have some major feature(s) to go instead of things with known levels of effort? If an unexpected issue arises (anything from a code problem to the lead dev winding up in the hospital) they will either miss the date or wind up with a shoddy product.

When can I pre-order?

CodeHavoc.7926

The key word is goal. When I start the first sprint on a project we know our delivery parameters and most likely an estimate but the exact date 100.000 percent of the work will be done (no ‘padding’ if you are running ahead) is not known before you even look at the problem.

Interestingly, this is something waterfall models do better. You know everything up front before one line of code is written.

What happens if they give us an exact date but still have some major feature(s) to go instead of things with known levels of effort? If an unexpected issue arises (anything from a code problem to the lead dev winding up in the hospital) they will either miss the date or wind up with a shoddy product.

Kinda hurt themselves in the foot when they announced something that wasn’t even close to finished.

When can I pre-order?

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Pre-order is available only at third party vendors, using a placeholder price. The pre-order directly at Arenanet is no available at this moment and is likely a better offer. GW2 pre-order came with access to beta weekend events, 3 day headstart (thirdparty preorders had no beta weekend events and only a 1 day headstart) and the Arenanet preorder had some extra goodies. So my advice… Patience my friend…Patience..

Some physical copies gave 3 day headstart like mine. They were called ‘pre-purchase version’. As long as it has that name, you (even if it’s physical) you got your 3-day headstart.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

When can I pre-order?

Donari.5237

Kinda hurt themselves in the foot when they announced something that wasn’t even close to finished.

On the contrary. Players were angry for a long time that ANet never told us anything until moments before release so we had no chance to give input on possible errors of implementation. They listened, and they have told us a great deal about HoT (not nearly as much as I want to hear, but far more than dead silence) well in advance so that we can help them with the iterative process. They’re showing us work in progress so we can be part of that progress.

Delayed gratification has a lot going for it, y’know.

On topic, why worry about when we can pre-order? It’s nigh certain we will be able to; keeping an eye on the forums will mean knowing about it almost as soon as it’s announced. Once it is announced, there’s not any particular need to rush, as ordering it won’t make the launch date come any sooner.

One caveat to that: in GW2 betas ANet did take the highly ethical step of occasionally shutting down game purchases on their site when they were getting too many players for the servers. So waiting until a beta weekend to place your order in the hopes of playing that weekend might be unwise.

When can I pre-order?

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I worry a little bit about it, since pre-purchase (headstart including) collector’s edition was only 1-2 per shop in belgium (and only in one shop called Gamemania). Needless to say i was to late. I had to order via UK to get mine.

I wanna be certain that I get the best version, no matter how limited it is Moment they announced heart of thorns i went to shop to put my name on the list (even though they have no real product yet). I hope that list won’t be removed

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

When can I pre-order?

Donari.5237

Ah, the CE is a valid point. For that reason it might be nice to get a short heads up that pre-orders are about to start and which retailers will have box copies, so people have a chance to pounce right away. Maybe a day or two? There’s still no need to find out well in advance.

Though whenever they announce it, be it “Tomorrow you can pre-order!” or “Pre-orders are now available, go for it!” that will be the moment people flock to the stores to lock in their place in line for the box.