in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

My wallet is ready

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

Of course, they did not mention a release date. Or a price.

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

My wallet is ready

That’s sweet, Karizee. We’ll let you know as soon as we’re able to do so!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: eusmecher.8937

eusmecher.8937

This expansion should be free like other’s mmo …..not payable….

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I want it! What will you accept as payment? My wife or is it a cash only sort of deal?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

Which expansion of other MMO is free except the ones from free to play games , which are actually pay to win ? Just give me one.

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

I’ll pay top dollar!

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I’m just putting my relatives on Ebay, I’m all ready to pre-order

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Colin just said in the Post interview that the Expansion takes place immediately after the pact fleet is destroyed, as in minutes after.

I expect them to take the next month detailing the expansion. I would guess it to release in 2 months or so.

Edit: Mike just said HOT will be playable at Pax East and that will be the first time people have access to it.

Colin stated deep dives start in a couple weeks

(edited by Torsailr.8456)

When can we pre-order?

Greyhound.2058

That’s AGES!!! I can’t wait that long lol >.<

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

AFAIK other MMO’s charge too. Warlords of Draenor wasn’t free if I remember correctly.

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I want it! What will you accept as payment? My wife or is it a cash only sort of deal?

I’m just putting my relatives on Ebay, I’m all ready to pre-order

I love your enthusiasm, but I’d suggest you keep your family members close. (And your guildies closer. No I did not just say that. )

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

NAME JUST ONE mmo that is B2P or P2P that has free expansions. You haven’t played many MMO’s I take it.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

I’m throwing money at my screen but nothing is happening.

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Jaggedrain.6923

Jaggedrain.6923

NAME JUST ONE mmo that is B2P or P2P that has free expansions. You haven’t played many MMO’s I take it.

As far as I know the only MMO that meets those criteria is EVE Online. EVE has a monthly fee but all expansions are free.

I know that WoW has a monthly fee and I’m pretty sure (I’ve never played it, you understand, but that’s what I gather from my Blizzard storefront) that you also pay for individual expansions, which strikes me is stupid.

I’m perfectly happy to give Anet my money once for the game and then again for the expansion, because even paying for twenty expansions will still not cost me as much as EVE has over the years.

I am concerned, however – is the expansion required? I mean, it’s not something that’s ever come up in EVE, where you either get the free expansion or you don’t play the game, but if people have to buy the expansion or lose access to the base game that would be a bit kitten.

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Phex.8423

Phex.8423

I’m throwing my credit card at the screen but the payment’s not going through! Ahhh!!

Seriously though, I’m waiting for details about a possible Collector’s Edition with bated breath. The first one did not disappoint, and Rytlock really needs a buddy on that shelf!

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

As far as I know the only MMO that meets those criteria is EVE Online. EVE has a monthly fee but all expansions are free.

I know that WoW has a monthly fee and I’m pretty sure (I’ve never played it, you understand, but that’s what I gather from my Blizzard storefront) that you also pay for individual expansions, which strikes me is stupid.

I’m perfectly happy to give Anet my money once for the game and then again for the expansion, because even paying for twenty expansions will still not cost me as much as EVE has over the years.

I am concerned, however – is the expansion required? I mean, it’s not something that’s ever come up in EVE, where you either get the free expansion or you don’t play the game, but if people have to buy the expansion or lose access to the base game that would be a bit kitten.

Eve business model is like AA a mixture of both subscription and free to play.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: ectogasm.8764

ectogasm.8764

My soul is ready.

“The kingdom of the fathers and the heroes where are you?
I’m talking to you every night more than I should do”

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

I’m throwing money at my screen but nothing is happening.

you have to activate Signet of Might so your throws becomes unblockable.

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: soja.5812

soja.5812

can’t wait to play i love this game and now this shame that i have to work and don’t have all time for plaing xD

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Milea.6043

Milea.6043

Hoping…and Really Hoping HoT announcement will not be like the announcement for Guild Wars 2. Guild Wars 2 was announced in 2007, we were able to play a bit of it at an NYCC party in 2010, and was finally released in 2012. FIVE years from announcement to release.

~Milly

Swearing allegiance in life & beyond did Desmina Zqooksha thence become the gods first follower

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

NO! NO NO NO NO NO! No pre-orders! Please do not encourage ArenaNet or NCSoft to create pre-order bundles that explicitly withhold features/content from those who don’t pay early. EA already does this and the end up releasing unfinished or poorly made games. Pre-orders are how big corporations make a profit without even delivering a product.

ArenaNet, please, I beg you. IF you do a pre-order option PLEASE do not make it so that there is some content/feature/item that you can only get by giving you guys money for an unfinished product. I want to give you my money, but not like this.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: NeoCodex.2438

NeoCodex.2438

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Oooh the hype. I shouldn’t have watched that trailer, I won’t be able to sleep for a few days now.

So, where do we put the money at?

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

NO! NO NO NO NO NO! No pre-orders! Please do not encourage ArenaNet or NCSoft to create pre-order bundles that explicitly withhold features/content from those who don’t pay early. EA already does this and the end up releasing unfinished or poorly made games. Pre-orders are how big corporations make a profit without even delivering a product.

ArenaNet, please, I beg you. IF you do a pre-order option PLEASE do not make it so that there is some content/feature/item that you can only get by giving you guys money for an unfinished product. I want to give you my money, but not like this.

Most pre-orders do not withhold features/content but give you extra features/content that those purchasing on release do not get. I doubt you could do that with an MMO as opposed to a single player game.

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: olTThreelo.6710

olTThreelo.6710

2015 is the year gamers are supposed to SKIP pre-ordering to try to help the gaming developers take their games back from money hungry publishers. DO NOT PRE-ORDER GAMES AND DON’T ENCOURAGE IT. Dang guys.. learn.

So disappointed to see people all pumped about pre-orders. It seems gamers never learn.

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

as is mine. e.e’ i hope its soon. like April. but I highly doubt it. it’s probably coming in august like when the game launch.

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Colin just said in the Post interview that the Expansion takes place immediately after the pact fleet is destroyed, as in minutes after.

I expect them to take the next month detailing the expansion. I would guess it to release in 2 months or so.

Edit: Mike just said HOT will be playable at Pax East and that will be the first time people have access to it.

Colin stated deep dives start in a couple weeks

Its actually coming out in 9-10 months

AmateurNet

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Valdur.3607

Valdur.3607

I’m ready to summon my ancestors as a Revenant,so where’s the altar so that I can throw my money to get the expansion.

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Simocrates.6958

Simocrates.6958

2015 is the year gamers are supposed to SKIP pre-ordering to try to help the gaming developers take their games back from money hungry publishers. DO NOT PRE-ORDER GAMES AND DON’T ENCOURAGE IT. Dang guys.. learn.

So disappointed to see people all pumped about pre-orders. It seems gamers never learn.

Where was it decreed that 2015 was the year of the no predorder?

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

They did for the launch of the game. With the Hero’s Band. Nice little itty bitty item that you quickly outleveled.

I don’t know what they could use for this expansion pack as it is for level 80+, but maybe some black lion keys (or other such highly sought after items that are available without pre-ordering, just rarer).

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Where was it decreed that 2015 was the year of the no predorder?

I did, just now. Say no to pre-orders.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

I concur. as long as pre-orders lead to lower quality in games, we should be done with them.

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

GW2 is B2P, OF COURSE you will have to buy expansions. Duh.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: kehncristobal.4210

kehncristobal.4210

This will be the longest days of my life. I can’t sleep, I can’t eat.

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: EvilPeppard.4981

EvilPeppard.4981

Ready and waiting for both the pre-order announcement, and the release date announcement!

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Pre-order for Guild Wars 2 came with beta access and a 3 day head start. It also came with Hero’s Band http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero%27s_Band that item is thrown away by the time you are level 10 if not earlier.

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

Haha “free like other mmos”, that’s so cheap. Which mmo again?

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Haha “free like other mmos”, that’s so cheap. Which mmo again?

as far as B2P, P2P MMO, the only MMO that I can think of that gave free expansions was Eve Online. So I do not know what other MMOs he is thinking of other than free to play MMOs.

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Pre-orders are BAD. They lead to sub standard products, disappointed customers, and deterioration of industry. Don’t be a part of the problem if you can help it and surely do not champion for it it screams of “I want to be taken advantage of”.

Serenity now~Insanity later

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Juno.5761

Juno.5761

OK… My credit card is clean and prepped and ready. It’s asking me when it can buy the expansion… someone please put it out of it’s misery! :-P

When can we pre-order?

Greyhound.2058

I can absolutely guarantee that I will be ordering this as soon as it’s available to order. All I’m waiting for is the date. I don’t care if it comes with bonus features for preorders or not, that’s not why I’m buying it, so I don’t care if they’re of debatable value.

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

But we wants it. We wants the preciousss…

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

Itis in your BEST INTEREST as a gamer NOT TO PRE-ORDER.
Pre-orders HURT the gaming industry, allowing developers and/or publishers to sell games on hype alone and the game quality suffers.

Also, keep in mind that while NCsoft gives you 6 month of return right, it counts from the moment of purchase. So if you pre-order months in advance, you might not be able to get a refund when you actually start playing, FOREGOING YOUR CONSUMER RIGHTS.
This happend to me actually – I pre-ordered GW2 on the first day, in April. Which meant that when they introduced Ascended and I decided to cancell my accountgs, I could not get a refund. It was over 6 months after my pre-order (a show of support and trust that ANET would stay true to their manifesto) and only 3 months after I started playing, but I was already unelligible for a refund.

Edit: clarified what was the point of brining my peronal experience here: pre-ordering means giving up your consumer rights, too.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

(edited by cherrie.8907)

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Guys. What do you think? What will happens if they release it for gems? i think the gem price doubles :P

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: perinah.1492

perinah.1492

any speculations on pre orders? I would very much love to pre order, my partner informed me her friend has one on pre order, Arena-net could you please confirm you are doing pre orders

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

any speculations on pre orders? I would very much love to pre order, my partner informed me her friend has one on pre order, Arena-net could you please confirm you are doing pre orders

No news, nothing in the shop… I’d say nope, no preorders yet.
Your partner’s friend might want to check exactly where they “preordered”, and withdraw their rights to charge her credit card for anything… Not saying it’s a scam, it might be a preorder that will become an actual one when HoT’s release date and price are officially announced, but better err on the side of caution.

(Why does your quote appear bolded? oO I did not bold anything…)
Never mind, computers are stupid…

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

(edited by Red Queen.7915)

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: pauljr.6732

pauljr.6732

please anet and ncsoft please put pre orders like u did when u did the same for gw2 and other games this will encourage yalll both as an company it worked with other games and was happy about it cant wait till HoT comes out hope yall put a collector edition out for HoT I’d buy it

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Looking forward to a pre-order.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Will the pre-order come with a lag-free WvW experience? Because that’s something I’d throw money at right now…

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

When can we pre-order?

Posted by: Leonhardt.8164

Leonhardt.8164

I am an 8 year WoW veteran, so I am use to having to pay constantly for content, including expansions, having only to pay for gw2 and it’s expansion is a blessing to me and a huge relief that there isnt a subscription fee,