When others legendaries?

When others legendaries?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

Can we know when the others weapon will be online?

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

Pretty sure the answer is “when they are ready”.

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

^Basically
All GW2 development information is NDA/Super Top Secret. If an Anet Employee dared tell you where their progress was at or any type of ETA they’d probably be imprisoned and executed.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

time for LegendariesOrRiot?
But seriously we need more info please, and I mean something more subtantial then “They are being worked on and they look awesome”

When others legendaries?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I hope it takes a long time… or prices on the TP will suffer. Releasing them in small packages is a good way to keep the prices in check, just imagine the cost of those Deldrimor Ingots or Spiritwood Planks if they released all the Legendaries at once!

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Bolt is such a cool weapon that topping it is very hard.

When others legendaries?

Kastiel.1947

Very subjective, personally I actually dislike Bolt.. I like my sworde to be made out of you know, metal – solid metal. Hence very impatient for the new sword to be unveiled, almost anything will top Bolt (imo), hate the fact that it’s hollow inside. Would love siomthing more elegant but nothing siilly

When others legendaries?

Agemnon.4608

Very subjective, personally I actually dislike Bolt.. I like my sword to be made out of you know, metal – solid metal. Hence very impatient for the new sword to be unveiled, almost anything will top Bolt (imo), hate the fact that it’s hollow inside. Would love something more elegant but nothing silly

What!? How can you not like bolt?! It’s like a cool unique goldish color, has dragon accents, and totally oozes lightning! It’s solid metal in the metal parts but has some empty space in it to charge the lighting, look lighter and more aerodynamic for smoother slicing and slashing and looks sharp.

When others legendaries?

Kastiel.1947

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hot-new-legendary-weapons/
“rather than take the time to develop the full set before releasing any of them, we will be releasing new legendary weapons in small groups at regular intervals until the full set of sixteen has been added to the game”
4 months, no news – how is that a regular interval? For kitten’s sake..

When others legendaries?

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

“rather than take the time to develop the full set before releasing any of them, we will be releasing new legendary weapons in small groups at regular intervals until the full set of sixteen has been added to the game”

Just seems like ANET keep on biting off more than they can chew. I mean, heck look at the hype surrounding HoT, they gave a release date about 6 months ahead of time but just kept giving us nibblets of information every few weeks, with extra padding in statements. Reminds me of writing a paper really.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

When others legendaries?

Kastiel.1947

Very subjective, personally I actually dislike Bolt.. I like my sword to be made out of you know, metal – solid metal. Hence very impatient for the new sword to be unveiled, almost anything will top Bolt (imo), hate the fact that it’s hollow inside. Would love something more elegant but nothing silly

What!? How can you not like bolt?! It’s like a cool unique goldish color, has dragon accents, and totally oozes lightning! It’s solid metal in the metal parts but has some empty space in it to charge the lighting, look lighter and more aerodynamic for smoother slicing and slashing and looks sharp.

I can’t put it into words exactly but something bout it just doesnt feel right, i do love the lighting effect but anyone agile could stick a blade right through Bolt.. Guess just taste preferance. Plus the goldish color, whilst accents of gold are cool, when the whole thing is made of it, it looks odd to me – in the begining i even thought it was made out of wood due to lighting/structure

When others legendaries?

Kastiel.1947

Just seems like ANET keep on biting off more than they can chew. I mean, heck look at the hype surrounding HoT, they gave a release date about 6 months ahead of time but just kept giving us nibblets of information every few weeks, with extra padding in statements. Reminds me of writing a paper really.

atleast with HoT they were giving us those small nibblets, which atleast gave us information – now it’s full on silent exile mode.. And the preview of what they are workin on for the spring quaterly update didn’t mention anything bout new legenderies. And waiting till summer for the next three legenderies seems ludicrous.. yet frightingly possible

When others legendaries?

Agemnon.4608

atleast with HoT they were giving us those small nibblets, which atleast gave us information – now it’s full on silent exile mode.. And the preview of what they are workin on for the spring quaterly update didn’t mention anything bout new legenderies. And waiting till summer for the next three legenderies seems ludicrous.. yet frightingly possible

At this rate I may as well just make bolt and then whatever new legendary sword comes out. By then I should have all the necessary masteries (I need to do some fractals for the extra 8 base game mastery points to max the legendary crafting mastery and I just got Bo yesterday and maxed out Verdant Brink and Auric Basin so I’m most of the way there for those prerequisites)

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

The key of the delays isn’t in the design of the weapons: is in the design of the grinding to get the precursor.

Probably at this time Anet is thinking that the path for the three new ones “wasn’t grindy enough”, so it’s keeping them busy to figure how the hell timegate new ones that rich people couldn’t complete in a few weeks…

When others legendaries?

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

The key of the delays isn’t in the design of the weapons: is in the design of the grinding to get the precursor.

Probably at this time Anet is thinking that the path for the three new ones “wasn’t grindy enough”, so it’s keeping them busy to figure how the hell timegate new ones that rich people couldn’t complete in a few weeks…

I know twilight isn’t a new one but I was trying to help a friend craft it the other day by doing dusk’s journey. At first everything went well and I thought, it was pretty fun making me go through and learn more about tyria and its lore and giving a real story behind whey this is a legendary weapon/precursor….

THEN I found out that I needed 90 deldrimor ingots instead of 30 because the wiki is insane to navigate and a guy pointed out a cool feature on the bltc website letting me see all the components. 30 would’ve been fine, I have no trouble crafting 30 ingots as that’s one a day, but 90?! I mean if you need that many than take away the kitten timegate on mithrilium and the rest of the ascended mats!

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

^ For old legendaries just grind gold and buy them in the Black Lion Market.

I own Twilight since fall 2013 and at the end of November of the last year I took the decision to craft Sunrise (to create Eternity) and Flameseeker of Prophecies; I spent ~75 minutes a day gathering platinum and iron in December and then only Iron in this January. At the beguinning of 2016 I bought Dawn at ~880 gold coins and two weeks ago The Chosen at ~480 gold coins. So I got ~1400 gold coins spending a bit over an hour per day just doing this with my eleven toons:

…Waaay more convenient to me than grinding the precursors in the new fashion. Now I can finish the job without too much trouble.

When others legendaries?

Doggie.3184

Opinion~ I personally dislike it. The effects neat but the sword itself looks like it was found ina junkyard with plain coloring throughout and noisy. The new sword is what I’m looking forward to seeing the most. Hopefully it actually looks like it cuts things.

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Correct! Not only approx every 12 weeks will we do a big seasonal update. You’ll also see updates between seasonal updates.

Content like raids, pvp leagues, living world, festivals, and WvW tournaments are all things you’d find happening between seasonal updates as the year progresses. (this “winter” season we’ve got a festival, raid, and pvp league kick off planned before spring.)

Things like new fractals, new legendaries, WvW updates, new PvP maps, quality of life updates, etc. are all the type of stuff that’d come with our seasonal updates.

Hope that helps a bit!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/440m4i/what_does_quartaly_updates_mean_for_us/czmk22d

So there’s a chance we’ll get the next batch by Spring.

Edit: Also, do you think the attached image could be a new legendary sword?

Attachments:

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

When others legendaries?

Kastiel.1947

Correct! Not only approx every 12 weeks will we do a big seasonal update. You’ll also see updates between seasonal updates.

Content like raids, pvp leagues, living world, festivals, and WvW tournaments are all things you’d find happening between seasonal updates as the year progresses. (this “winter” season we’ve got a festival, raid, and pvp league kick off planned before spring.)

Things like new fractals, new legendaries, WvW updates, new PvP maps, quality of life updates, etc. are all the type of stuff that’d come with our seasonal updates.

Hope that helps a bit!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/440m4i/what_does_quartaly_updates_mean_for_us/czmk22d

Thanks for that post, indeed now my hopes have returned to spring for the batch. As for the sword on the picture :
1) looks amazing, quite large could be a GS as well but judging from the character stance it is 1H and easily could be the next legendary
2) where did ya find that ? O.o

When others legendaries?

Ayrilana.1396

Someone linked it in TS chat earlier this week. No idea where they got that.

When others legendaries?

Kastiel.1947

Data mined I guess .. But still look pretty great, only not sure why did they make the guard like that huge – but I can live with it deffinetly . Another point for it being a legendary is, as far as I can remember when they announced Astralia, HOPE and Nevermore – it was done on the same map

When others legendaries?

Doggie.3184

Hope that helps a bit!

Praise the Sun?

When others legendaries?

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

I agree with the others in disliking bolt. It just looks like it is made of garden fence material. Like one of those ornate metal fences…not like something sharp or dangerous. I want my sword blade to actually look like a blade. My personal preference would be a blade similar to twilight/eternity….the shape of an actual blade that looks sharp, but has an elemental effect to it. Not like incinerator..or whatever the legendary dagger is called…that just looks like a blow torch flame instead of a blade. I would even like bolt if they changed he aesthetic to something like I was just describing. The lighting part is cool, but maybe a blade made out of lighting…with a lightning trail similar to the dark/star trail of astralaria.

When others legendaries?

Agemnon.4608

I agree with the others in disliking bolt. It just looks like it is made of garden fence material. Like one of those ornate metal fences…not like something sharp or dangerous. I want my sword blade to actually look like a blade. My personal preference would be a blade similar to twilight/eternity….the shape of an actual blade that looks sharp, but has an elemental effect to it. Not like incinerator..or whatever the legendary dagger is called…that just looks like a blow torch flame instead of a blade. I would even like bolt if they changed he aesthetic to something like I was just describing. The lighting part is cool, but maybe a blade made out of lighting…with a lightning trail similar to the dark/star trail of astralaria.

I agree with you on Incinerator but I like Bolt’s dragon accents. Could be sharper looking but its off gold gives the impression of it being a cool mystical metal while still looking highly conductive. The sword in that picture looks awesome though I hope it doesn’t take too many charged lodestones If it’s sun themed then molten lodestones would be quite appropriate for obvious reasons.

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

yeah I want to see them added to the game too, they have then made, what are they waiting for? I want to pick what one I want to go for and go for it! but this drip feeding is just putting me off Guild wars.

When others legendaries?

Ayrilana.1396

Either they’re testing the collection process or it’s for economic reasons.

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Fiery Dragon Sword waves hello.
(Although I agree: Bolt is among my favorite legendaries.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

We’re all waiting – it’s been forever already.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

The amusing part in all of this to me is that we were supposed to get these in 2013 and not behind a paywall. Now we are going to get 3(less/more?)every 3-6 months and they are behind the paywall of HoT? Most of these are skins that were designed years ago and just supposed to be a part of the GW2 pay once for content and not gem shop or even expansion pack stuff. Many of them were designed before ArenaNet ever thought about doing an expansion.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

When others legendaries?

Doggie.3184

Fiery Dragon Sword hurts my eyes with it’s intense brightness so I physically can’t use it. :P
My personal favorite sword currently is Mistforged Hero Sword. Large, meaty, super sharp, sexy curves and shiny.

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

The amusing part in all of this to me is that we were supposed to get these in 2013 and not behind a paywall. Now we are going to get 3(less/more?)every 3-6 months and they are behind the paywall of HoT? Most of these are skins that were designed years ago and just supposed to be a part of the GW2 pay once for content and not gem shop or even expansion pack stuff. Many of them were designed before ArenaNet ever thought about doing an expansion.

Maybe, and this is just a suggestion here but maybe you should take off your tin foil hat bro. I don’t believe for a second that is what happened

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

When others legendaries?

Kastiel.1947

Fiery Dragon Sword hurts my eyes with it’s intense brightness so I physically can’t use it. :P
My personal favorite sword currently is Mistforged Hero Sword. Large, meaty, super sharp, sexy curves and shiny.

+1 for Mistforged Heros Sword, looks amazing. Unfortunately started playing a bit more than a year ago, and since than there has not been a single WvW tournament and hence the skin is unobtainable oh how I wish there was an alternative route of unlocking it

I do believe that they should be more or less done with legenderies though, no idea why are they doing such a huge holdup

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The designs are probably long since finished. Tying them up to collections, events, vendors, npcs etc and ensuring they work this time and don’t require failed events or fights in map chat…that will be taking considerable time.

I too am disappointed in not hearing anything, but I can understand where the delay is, especially if they are working on the big WvW update, new LS3 stuff and all the other behind the scenes projects no doubt going on.

When others legendaries?

Posted by: WhimsicalWalrus.9760

WhimsicalWalrus.9760

Hope that helps a bit!

The sword in that image looks pretty much exactly like the sword from the 3rd year Birthday Finisher so I doubt that’s the legendary sword esp since this screenshot looks like it was taken in PvP

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Maybe, and this is just a suggestion here but maybe you should take off your tin foil hat bro. I don’t believe for a second that is what happened

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/ This was a post by Colin in July of 2013. Scroll down near the bottom of the post. There’s no tinfoil hat. Just going by what was supposed to happen and didn’t. Instead what people thought they were getting all the way back then ended up behind HoT’s paywall. Heck, he even goes into detail about how we are going to build the legendaries as well and it’s exactly how it is in HoT.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

When others legendaries?

Ayrilana.1396

Hope that helps a bit!

The sword in that image looks pretty much exactly like the sword from the 3rd year Birthday Finisher so I doubt that’s the legendary sword esp since this screenshot looks like it was taken in PvP

It’s not the same sword though as the hilt is different. The position the character is in with the sword isn’t in any of the frames for the finisher animation. Also, take a look at the effect towards the back of the character. Where could that be coming from?

Attachments:

When others legendaries?

Kastiel.1947

Hope that helps a bit!

It’s not the same sword though as the hilt is different. The position the character is in with the sword isn’t in any of the frames for the finisher animation. Also, take a look at the effect towards the back of the character. Where could that be coming from?

Well I’ve gotta agree, the swords look almost identical . And yes the hilts are different but they could be just different stages of development or different ideas they were pursuing and if I’m to be honest I like the hilt on the finisher better, feels more proportional. As for position, that could’ve been used for internal testing to make sure the model looks good from all perspectives. And the shine could be an affect for the aforementioned finisher .

Personally I hope next legendary sword is the Fargate Opener, Dulfy had a preview of it back in 2015 March ( my bad, not October) – almost a year ago o.O

(edited by Kastiel.1947)

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Hope that helps a bit!

If that is new legendary sword then im glad i didnt even bother with raids to prepare for legendary junk armor.

Like holy kitten, its so ugly, too big (looks more like gs) and completely against theme of my rev which is black-red-purple. So i guess i was waiting for nothing in the end.. That hilt is just an overkill. Hail shadow sword i guess.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

When others legendaries?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

People are being very optimistic on when we will see the next set. They already told us what we are getting in the march update so that one is out. The next update after that is June, but they already told us most of the june things we are getting, it seems unlikely they’d just leave legendaries out since they are a major draw. So i’d say the June update is unlikely.

The september update is probably a decent guess, though I don’t know if it is realistic or not. It took 3 years for the first 3, and locking them behind a paywall when they said they would be free. I’d guess they will launch the next set whenever they launch the next expansion, presumably in about a year and a half.

When others legendaries?

Kastiel.1947

People are being very optimistic on when we will see the next set. They already told us what we are getting in the march update so that one is out. The next update after that is June, but they already told us most of the june things we are getting, it seems unlikely they’d just leave legendaries out since they are a major draw. So i’d say the June update is unlikely.

The september update is probably a decent guess, though I don’t know if it is realistic or not. It took 3 years for the first 3, and locking them behind a paywall when they said they would be free. I’d guess they will launch the next set whenever they launch the next expansion, presumably in about a year and a half.

I think you’re being a tad too pessimistic , sounds like you have a grudge. Plus they are not locked behind paywall, they are part of an expansion and its content – I think asking to get the content without an expansion is just ridiculous – it’s like vanilla wow players asking to get level 70 and flying mounts without buying TBC. This just how the gaming world works. By the same logic you should be going to Maguma for free as well , right?
If you want to participate in new expansion content, but the expansion . If they hold out till September for the next set of legenderies, I’m pretty sure a lot of people gonna flip, it was one of the selling points of the expansion after all ..

When others legendaries?

ZudetGambeous.9573

I think you’re being a tad too pessimistic , sounds like you have a grudge. Plus they are not locked behind paywall, they are part of an expansion and its content – I think asking to get the content without an expansion is just ridiculous – it’s like vanilla wow players asking to get level 70 and flying mounts without buying TBC. This just how the gaming world works. By the same logic you should be going to Maguma for free as well , right?
If you want to participate in new expansion content, but the expansion . If they hold out till September for the next set of legenderies, I’m pretty sure a lot of people gonna flip, it was one of the selling points of the expansion after all ..

They promised new legendaries as a free update by the end of 2013. As far as I am aware they never made that promise about Maguma so I don’t know why you would expect that to be free. I expected the legendaries to be free because Anet told me they would be free, in 2013…

When others legendaries?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I also dislike bolt. Personally my Firery dragon sword rules all, on humans anyway.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

When others legendaries?

Kastiel.1947

Personally would love for this to be the next legendary 1h sword or atleast the precursor to it , love the skin – like 20/10
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Fargate_Opener.jpg

When others legendaries?

Randulf.7614

They promised new legendaries as a free update by the end of 2013. As far as I am aware they never made that promise about Maguma so I don’t know why you would expect that to be free. I expected the legendaries to be free because Anet told me they would be free, in 2013…

They also said later that year they had postponed them indefinitely until they could re-work them into a reward system that had changed since the original announcement. They made an intention, they rescinded it a few months late as often happens in all development processes.

Also, the new legendaries were part of the HoT announcement, so yes people will expect them to be free based on that. Whether they will or not, time or tell, but I’d be very surprised not to see most of the remaining skins out before year end. This isn’t like the 2013 situation where they didn’t have a reward infrastructure in place. Now they do and it’s just a matter of work to tie events and NPC’s together for the relevant collections.

When others legendaries?

Agemnon.4608

I want a guitar themed legendary greatsword called Gita ^_^ Ingredients would be Maguma burl, gift of music, and part of the T3 quest would be playing Dragon Force or Fall Out Boy with mechanics similar to the bell choir. A cool looking asura with sunglasses, leather jacket, and cool hair would overlook you and he’d become an ascended extra joining Destiny’s Edge 2.0 eventually along with Tizlak (also part of the legendary quest). Tizlak would also play a guitar.

Effects would be a kewl rift if you draw your weapon and trails would have pyrotechnics and music notes. Sometimes when you draw your weapon the asura male elementalist sound file “ready to rock!” will play.

When others legendaries?

Randulf.7614

I want a guitar themed legendary greatsword called Gita Ingredients would be Maguma burl, gift of music, and part of the T3 quest would be playing Dragon Force or Fall Out Boy with mechanics similar to the bell choir. A cool looking asura with sunglasses, leather jacket, and cool hair would overlook you and he’d become an ascended extra joining Destiny’s Edge 2.0 eventually along with Tizlak (also part of the legendary quest). Tizlak would also play a guitar.

Effects would be a kewl rift if you draw your weapon and trails would have pyrotechnics and music notes. Sometimes when you draw your weapon the asura male elementalist sound file “ready to rock!” will play.

Yeah! Lets crank it up to 11…..Hello Cleveland!!

Attachments:

When others legendaries?

Agemnon.4608

I want a guitar themed legendary greatsword called Gita ^_^ Ingredients would be Maguma burl, gift of music, and part of the T3 quest would be playing Dragon Force or Fall Out Boy with mechanics similar to the bell choir. A cool looking asura with sunglasses, leather jacket, and cool hair would overlook you and he’d become an ascended extra joining Destiny’s Edge 2.0 eventually along with Tizlak (also part of the legendary quest). Tizlak would also play a guitar.

Yeah! Lets crank it up to 11…..Hello Cleveland!!

That’s what I’m talking about! :D

Caster classes would play the guitar and melee would bash people with it. Warrior 3 would be the warrior playing the guitar while doing a forward slide ending with a totally kittenin’ riff. The guardian spin attack would have the guardian spin the guitar around by the strap, and there’ll be sound wave animation effects for all attacks. Mesmer autoattack for example would have the mesmer play the guitar with soundwaves pelting the target.

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

For me personally its the lightning all over the place. Sure…legendaries gotta be legendary, but i wanna make out my weapon and char when i use one. Incinerator master race. (also i prefer the tech themed weapon side of gw2 and especially charr themed tech)

When others legendaries?

ZudetGambeous.9573

They also said later that year they had postponed them indefinitely until they could re-work them into a reward system that had changed since the original announcement. They made an intention, they rescinded it a few months late as often happens in all development processes.

Also, the new legendaries were part of the HoT announcement, so yes people will expect them to be free based on that. Whether they will or not, time or tell, but I’d be very surprised not to see most of the remaining skins out before year end. This isn’t like the 2013 situation where they didn’t have a reward infrastructure in place. Now they do and it’s just a matter of work to tie events and NPC’s together for the relevant collections.

I would be willing to bet 1000g that less than half of the legendary weapons will be released before the end of the year. They said it takes them 1+ month per legendary, assuming they work on it full time. Since they haven’t gotten any content at all out for the last 4 months, I assume they are busy working on that and not focused on new legendary weapons. We will MAYBE get another set of 3 before the end of the year, but it is highly unlikely that we will get more than that.

I’m not trying to be super pessimistic, but people have much too high expectations. There is simply no evidence that they will be coming out any faster than I stated.

When others legendaries?

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Obligatory “it’s on the table” answer.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-